PDA

View Full Version : Do the Giants have enough talent on defense to stop Dallas?

buddy33
12-06-2011, 08:20 PM
So they lost another starter for at least 2 weeks, KP. What do you guys think? Does Sash play? Grant looks slow. What do they do about the run? Austin is back.

GameTime
12-06-2011, 08:25 PM
I think its going to be more like do they have enough D to keep the Dallas offense under 28. If they do then I think the Giants O can score enough points. Maybe get a turnover AND ELI HAS to not throw one pick this sunday.</P>

This game will hinge way more on the Giants offense then the defense......</P>

</P>

buddy33
12-06-2011, 08:31 PM
A part of me worries about the defense because of all the points the last 2 games, but they also played 2 explosive offenses and actually played well against Green Bay.

Yeah, Green Bay scored 38 but 7 came from the pick, they should have waived off that 1 TD and they would have settled for a field goal instead so there's another 4 points not on the defense. They also picked up 2 of the worst pass interference calls, both on 3rd downs.

Still, I can't tell which team will show up. I can see them taking this last game as moral victory and them knowing how many calls the refs blew come out flat.

jomo
12-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Yes, it is only Dallas.

GameTime
12-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Yes, it is only Dallas.</P>

Romo has lit them up before. The D only has to be good enough. They dont have to be stellar.</P>

The game and the rest of the season will ride more heavily on the O for sure.....IMO. </P>

Not to say the D cant or wont improve but in its pesent state the team is driven by the offense.</P>

G.I. Ants
12-06-2011, 08:50 PM
The question is does Dallas have what it takes to contain Eli?

DragonSoul
12-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Honestly I feel it is more due to the lack of the right plays being called. Saw it when they came at rodgers 1st half vs easing up in the 2nd half imho. Mind you that is Rodgers and the Pack.

Pop it Ahmad
12-06-2011, 09:02 PM
The question is does Dallas have what it takes to contain Eli?

Does any team?

buddy33
12-06-2011, 09:05 PM
I don't think they will be able to move the ball like Green Bay so that should help someone like Prince so he doesn't get fatigued at the end of the game. I think he can help.

giants63
12-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Definitely have the talent, but it depends on if the coaches utilize the talent. Pressure and hit romo early and often! Go giants!

Spizi
12-06-2011, 09:54 PM
So they lost another starter for at least 2 weeks, KP. What do you guys think? Does Sash play? Grant looks slow. What do they do about the run? Austin is back.

Talent? Yes we have 4 first round picks on defense, 5 with KP. But we run terrible schemes that make them look like **** so no.

Gianthunter
12-06-2011, 10:04 PM
I don't think they will be able to move the ball like Green Bay so that should help someone like Prince so he doesn't get fatigued at the end of the game. I think he can help.Do you ever have an original thought or is it all parroting the press snippets? Fatigue[*-)][8-)]

ibbill
12-06-2011, 10:12 PM
All depends does the D come out flat like they did against Wash Seattle and Philly

They need to step up and leave it all on the field like JP Boley and a few other players do.

NWKEffectElement
12-06-2011, 10:20 PM
There is enough talent for sure. It well come down to discipline and effort.

JMFP2
12-06-2011, 10:27 PM
A part of me worries about the defense because of all the points the last 2 games, but they also played 2 explosive offenses and actually played well against Green Bay. Yeah, Green Bay scored 38 but 7 came from the pick, they should have waived off that 1 TD and they would have settled for a field goal instead so there's another 4 points not on the defense. They also picked up 2 of the worst pass interference calls, both on 3rd downs. Still, I can't tell which team will show up. I can see them taking this last game as moral victory and them knowing how many calls the refs blew come out flat.</P>

I don't see them coming out flat anymore....guys are coming together now.</P>

However, if they start Full Metal Jacket again at Center, scratch my comments.</P>

FBomb
12-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Simple answer....no. But they can't stop our offense either. The key to this game is going to be turnovers.

BBlueSince82
12-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Why was Will Blackmon in there in that final drive, was that because of KP injury? Hes HORRIBLE!!! Also on the other Driver TD, the blown coverage, that was ALL on Ross, he just stood there and didn't even attempt to play his man.

But overall, if there DLine plays like it is capable of playing, they can stop Dallas.

buddy33
12-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Simple answer....no.* But they can't stop our offense either.* The key to this game is going to be turnovers.

That's what I'm worried about.

RoanokeFan
12-07-2011, 09:14 AM
I really miss the days of a defensive juggernaut but they are, sadly, gone for now. Luckily, we have an offense that can put up points so the question really should be can the Dallas defense wtop Eli and Company?

RoanokeFan
12-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Why was Will Blackmon in there in that final drive, was that because of KP injury? Hes HORRIBLE!!! Also on the other Driver TD, the blown coverage, that was ALL on Ross, he just stood there and didn't even attempt to play his man.

But overall, if there DLine plays like it is capable of playing, they can stop Dallas.

No, Blackmon, who has never played safety, was in there because Prince was sore and/or tired, depending on which story you read.

Giantsin04
12-07-2011, 09:18 AM
I'm counting on the offense scoring a lot, and Romo ****ing up.

Redeyejedi
12-07-2011, 09:20 AM
So they lost another starter for at least 2 weeks, KP. What do you guys think? Does Sash play? Grant looks slow. What do they do about the run? Austin is back. Talent? Yes we have 4 first round picks on defense, 5 with KP. But we run terrible schemes that make them look like **** so no.What do u think Fewell should do because Ive seen them play a lot of man the last few games only to have them get ripped in that as well

juice33s
12-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Tony Romo sucks in December, I'm sure he'll find a way to stop himself

juice33s
12-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Romo's December numbers-
7-10 overall record

QB Rating by year
2006- 77.1
2007- 70.3
2008- 67.9
2009- 104.0
2010- DNP
2011- Lost to ****ty cardinals after only putting up 13 points

buddy33
12-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Anyone think Sash will be playing on defense?

JMFP2
12-07-2011, 10:01 AM
With respect to talent.....yes.</P>

With respect to intensity.....that's the question. Depends on who shows up.</P>

Dallas has given up 25 sacks this year, but only 5 at home. Still, they've struggled recently.....the Cardinals were able to pressure Romo (5 sacks).</P>

Murray is turning human as well....over his last 3 games, he's averaging 3.35 yards per carry.</P>

So, if the Giants defense is on the rebound, and the Cowboys continue their recent struggles, yeah, the Giants defense can stop Dallas.</P>

HUGE X-FACTOR: Will Fewell play aggressive, or passive?</P>

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=1557A1A6-A31D-2112-0B64954A1E9C105E</P>

Ruttiger711
12-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Anyone think Sash will be playing on defense?</P>

I think so - did he come in right after KP was hurt?</P>

He's got good speed and a big size for a safety, just his coverage abilities seem a little suspect, so if there's a lot of passing off to "safety help" it may be a long day - i odnt think its his strength but what other choice are we left with?</P>

Badawg1964
12-07-2011, 10:44 AM
A part of me worries about the defense because of all the points the last 2 games, but they also played 2 explosive offenses and actually played well against Green Bay. Yeah, Green Bay scored 38 but 7 came from the pick, they should have waived off that 1 TD and they would have settled for a field goal instead so there's another 4 points not on the defense. They also picked up 2 of the worst pass interference calls, both on 3rd downs. Still, I can't tell which team will show up. I can see them taking this last game as moral victory and them knowing how many calls the refs blew come out flat.</p>

I don't see them coming out flat anymore....guys are coming together now.</p>

However, if they start Full Metal Jacket again at Center, scratch my comments.</p>

"Full Metal Jacket!!!" hilarious!!! I say we continue with the same O-line as the GB game. Keep "full metal" on the sideline until needed!!

juice33s
12-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Anyone think Sash will be playing on defense?</p>

I think so - did he come in right after KP was hurt?</p>

He's got good speed and a big size for a safety, just his coverage abilities seem a little suspect, so if there's a lot of passing off to "safety help" it may be a long day - i odnt think its his strength but what other choice are we left with?</p>
For the most part I think they went with Rolle and Grant at safety, however when Grant moves down to his nickel spot then they'll bring in Sash

bearbryant
12-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Tony Romo sucks in December, I'm sure he'll find a way to stop himself
</P>

I'm counting on it!</P>

barran21
12-07-2011, 11:25 AM

No, but they have one hope, the Dallas o-line is bad, JPP will be in Romo's face all night, I honestly think the Cowboys defense will show up this week, they were embarrassed Sunday, so the same way Fewell called out his players for quitting i expect Ryan to get his guys motivated.....

Mr Excitement
12-07-2011, 12:04 PM
The question is...can we protect Eli?......

DragonSoul
12-07-2011, 03:04 PM
seems we might be able 2 a bit better with the recent changes/switches. There will still be issues (Kareem & Diehl) but at least the issues shouldn't be as bad as it has been nearly all year.

barran21
12-07-2011, 03:12 PM

The line has protected Eli better than in the beginning of the season, first 3 games of the season sacked 10 times, in the last 6 games sacked 7 times, and he was sacked 3 times in one game, if the line doesn't have another Eagles game let down Eli will rip the Dallas apart...

hungrrrry
12-07-2011, 06:24 PM
We've had the talent but Fewell forces the players to play outside of their strengths which means we have a lot of weaknesses because of it and he is either too ignorant to realize it or is to much of an egomaniac