PDA

View Full Version : Jacobs needs to Re Sign for Less

Shockdisnation03
03-12-2012, 02:18 PM
I wanna Cry.......lol.

I think we really need Jacobs fire on this team

ryan12
03-12-2012, 03:44 PM
once he shops himself aroud see that noone is gonna pay him as much as we would he will be back

giantsfan420
03-12-2012, 03:49 PM
i bet we re-sign him now we got 1.6 mil in added relief from the whole DC and Dallas cap issue.

hungrrrry
03-13-2012, 07:01 AM
I wanna Cry.......lol. I think we really need Jacobs fire on this teami disagree....with so little cap room, we need to bring in someone that will be worth what we spend on him this year (and beyond)...3.7 yards/carry doesn't even warrent the vet minimum.

radar-ray
03-13-2012, 10:49 AM
I wanna Cry.......lol. I think we really need Jacobs fire on this teami disagree....with so little cap room, we need to bring in someone that will be worth what we spend on him this year (and beyond)...3.7 yards/carry doesn't even warrent the vet minimum.You can thank the OL for the 3.7 ypc. AB didn't do jack either and only had a 3.8 ypc last year. They did improve in the playoffs to 4.2.

miked1958
03-13-2012, 10:52 AM
i bet we re-sign him now we got 1.6 mil in added relief from the whole DC and Dallas cap issue.</P>

I doubt it. To many other guys still on the list that are way more important to retain that become FAs today</P>

miked1958
03-13-2012, 10:54 AM
We may get him back, but only if some stupid mystery WC team doesnt throw Stupid money at him. If the market bares what it should for him he should not get anything to much over what the GMEN offered him. Once he sees that... He may return if he can push his pride aside.

I would like him returning under those circumstances only. that way he would come back MEAN with something to prove to the FO and be a FORCE to be dealt with next season.

miked1958
03-13-2012, 11:02 AM
We are going to have to gamble with him and a few others and hope we are right about the FA Market. If not we can just move on. We are not going to be able to resign everyone with these CAP issues. </P>

We are already talking about releasing really good nuts and bolts guys you need on your team to win championships. Not ness Top Tier Stars, but guys you have to have to fill in the final pieces of a Title winning team.</P>

Guys like that are hard to come by and we are parting ways with them cause we cant afford them. Sad.</P>

Guys i am referring to are &gt; Blackburn, Tolly, D. Thomas. maybe even People like Rolle, Canty.. BJ is on that list.. Each one is not a HUGE STAR by themselves but together they all do little things to make the team great. W/O blackburn and Devin Thomas We Prob dont win the Title last year with the Key plays those to made in a bunch of games. Tolly is always a SOLID replacement where you dont notice when you starter is out resting. Hard to come by. Rolle provided keyplays and leadership. Canty was a KEY in the middle of the D on run stopping and knocking passes down. He finally was actually earning his keep. (we may try and get him to redo his deal to keep him. as it stands cant afford that contract he has now) BJ was always the Bully that provided the SPARK we needed at times.. Yes he didnt always convert the 3rd or 4th and 1 but all in all a good guy to have to FIRE up your team with a huge player blowing UP a opposing teams player. </P>

We will see how it shakes out but as of now we will have ALOT of holes to fill by lettign these guys all go IMO. How you going to find guys to replace them cheaper ??</P>

kkr
03-13-2012, 11:23 AM
I wanna Cry.......lol. I think we really need Jacobs fire on this teami disagree....with so little cap room, we need to bring in someone that will be worth what we spend on him this year (and beyond)...3.7 yards/carry doesn't even warrent the vet minimum.

So in your opinion we should cut Bradshaw then because his 3.8ypc clearly doesnt cut it either.

Get some perspective. I think 3.7 and 3.8ypc is actually pretty good considering the state of the oline for most of last season.

JacobsTheJuggernaut
03-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Don't feed the troll.