PDA

View Full Version : Greatest teams of all time?

GmenFan1980
03-12-2012, 05:20 PM
http://www.nfl.com/features/bracketology/alltimeteams?module=HP11_cp

how far do you see our teams making it?

My prediction.

90's giants are one and done.

86 giants make is to sweet 16.

07 giants to 2nd round

11 giants to second round

Lambeau12
03-12-2012, 06:47 PM
I think this year's Packer team was one of the best but we peaked early this season and last season we got hot at the end of the season and won it all. I think the 07 Giants are pretty equal to the 11 Giants.

Pksoze
03-12-2012, 07:44 PM
That needs more Giants votes...really the Giants of 07 losing to the strike champion 82 Redskins... that's a joke.

GmenFan1980
03-12-2012, 07:48 PM
That needs more Giants votes...really the Giants of 07 losing to the strike champion 82 Redskins... that's a joke.

Weird mine says the 07 giants are winning with 55%?

Rudyy
03-12-2012, 07:58 PM

Weird mine says the 07 giants are winning with 55%? Same.

Pksoze
03-12-2012, 08:00 PM
That vote changed fast :)

bandwgn86
03-12-2012, 08:10 PM
http://www.nfl.com/features/bracketology/alltimeteams?module=HP11_cp how far do you see our teams making it? My prediction. 90's giants are one and done. 86 giants make is to sweet 16. 07 giants to 2nd round 11 giants to second round</P>

who wins it all.. '94 49ers? that was a killer team</P>

GmenFan1980
03-16-2012, 02:39 AM
http://www.nfl.com/features/bracketology/alltimeteams?module=HP11_cp

how far do you see our teams making it?

My prediction.

90's giants are one and done.

86 giants make is to sweet 16.

07 giants to 2nd round

11 giants to second round

So far I am right in my predictions , 86 giants should beat the 04 pats.

Ntegrase96
03-16-2012, 04:09 AM
'86 should get the farthest, but I don't think too far.

Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if the 07 pats make it farther than all 4 giants teams.

Not being flashy/having big names will obscure all of these great teams.

giantsfan420
03-16-2012, 04:45 AM
the 11 giants are eliminated?

redbeardxxv
03-16-2012, 06:02 AM
http://www.whatifsports.com/nfl/default.asp#top

I've put this up here before, but if you're gonna question it, do a 10 time sim and see who comes out on top. Just a word of caution, in 07, the Giants lose to the Pats 7-3 times, so take it at face value......
BTW, 6-4 on '11 sb.....(Giants)

Gav_devils#56
03-16-2012, 06:11 AM
http://www.whatifsports.com/nfl/default.asp#top

I've put this up here before, but if you're gonna question it, do a 10 time sim and see who comes out on top. Just a word of caution, in 07, the Giants lose to the Pats 7-3 times, so take it at face value......
BTW, 6-4 on '11 sb.....(Giants)

I ran 5 games on that site between the 86 giants and the 11 cardinals and the cardinals won them all. seems like a pile of wank to me

bLuereverie
03-16-2012, 08:53 AM
When I think of some of the greater teams, none of the four Giants teams come to mind, but they certainly beat some teams that do qualify in a few of those respective SB years.

nygsb42champs
03-16-2012, 11:21 AM
86 Giants should make it until the Elite 8 for sure.

Pksoze
03-19-2012, 07:09 PM
We need more votes for the 86 Giants the 85 Bears are so overhyped.

NYGRealityCheck
03-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Only the '86 Giants left...

A SF team is pretty much guaranteed to make it to the Semi-Final round.

The '00 Ravens somehow got voted past the undefeated '72 Dolphins, who were winning until the very end?

Conclusion: It's a joke. Don't take it too seriously.

Morehead State
03-19-2012, 07:23 PM
http://www.nfl.com/features/bracketology/alltimeteams?module=HP11_cp how far do you see our teams making it? My prediction. 90's giants are one and done. 86 giants make is to sweet 16. 07 giants to 2nd round 11 giants to second round</P>

There is no doubt in my mind that the greatest team of all time was the '85 Bears. No team ever dominated like they did. They surrendered 10 total points in the playoffs.</P>

The goal of their defense was to outscore the opposing offense....which they often did.</P>

TheEnigma
03-19-2012, 07:30 PM
85 Bears?

End of the road for our teams...

Blue daddy
03-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Well alot of these voters never seen the 85 Bears or 86 Giants all they know is recent history. Alot of them weren't even born so poles like this makes very little sense.

GmenFan1980
03-19-2012, 07:32 PM

There is no doubt in my mind that the greatest team of all time was the '85 Bears.* No team ever dominated like they did.** They surrendered 10 total points in the playoffs.</P>

The goal of their defense was to outscore the opposing offense....which they often did.</P>

Don't get me wrong, I know the 85 bears are the better team......but i'm still voting for our Giants lol

NYGRealityCheck
03-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Well alot of these voters never seen the 85 Bears or 86 Giants all they know is recent history. Alot of them weren't even born so poles like this makes very little sense.

The '07 Patriots are the only remaining team with a full season in the 21st century in the poll at third round. People must be picking old teams just for fun...

GmenFan1980
03-19-2012, 07:43 PM

The '00 Ravens somehow got voted past the undefeated '72 Dolphins, who were winning until the very end?

I don't think it's that big a deal the Ravens won . I don't agree with it, but I understand.

now if you want a real joke of voting just check this one out http://espn.go.com/newyork/bracket/mostbeloved

NYGRealityCheck
03-19-2012, 07:52 PM

I don't think it's that big a deal the Ravens won . I don't agree with it, but I understand.

now if you want a real joke of voting just check this one out http://espn.go.com/newyork/bracket/mostbeloved

Jeremy Lin over Victor Cruz is a joke. Knicks are still trying to get back into playoff contention I think (I don't keep up with them). But they probably did that just to get basketball represented in the final four seeing how Eli made it. I'm fine with Eli, Jeter, and Rivera (the two star cornerstone Yankees left on the team).

Pksoze
03-19-2012, 07:57 PM
I wonder if International fans are voting. I think votes should only be counted in the Tri State Area...Jeremy Lin is not the most beloved athlete in NY but I think he'll be voted as such.

Blue daddy
03-19-2012, 10:25 PM

The '07 Patriots are the only remaining team with a full season in the 21st century in the poll at third round. People must be picking old teams just for fun...
You must be right. Ravens could not play with the Bears or the 86 Giants .

gumby742
03-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Only the '86 Giants left... A SF team is pretty much guaranteed to make it to the Semi-Final round. The '00 Ravens somehow got voted past the undefeated '72 Dolphins, who were winning until the very end? Conclusion: It's a joke. Don't take it too seriously. I don't think it's that big a deal the Ravens won . I don't agree with it, but I understand. now if you want a real joke of voting just check this one out http://espn.go.com/newyork/bracket/mostbeloved Jeremy Lin over Victor Cruz is a joke. Knicks are still trying to get back into playoff contention I think (I don't keep up with them). But they probably did that just to get basketball represented in the final four seeing how Eli made it. I'm fine with Eli, Jeter, and Rivera (the two star cornerstone Yankees left on the team).</P>

I think when it comes to "most beloved" whether or not a team does well, really doesn't matter.</P>

Lin has all of international asian nation behind him - and including all age groups. I'm willing to bet a lot of his fans haven't followed much basketball prior to h is emergence. I've heard from friends of friend's who's parents started watching just because of him. Heck, some of them can name the entire Knicks roster now.</P>

Sanntee31
03-20-2012, 11:00 AM

90's Giants when healty had a killer ground game, O.J., Rodney &amp; Meggett. Stephen Baker (The Touchdown Maker) small but with blazing speed and the near perfect route running Mark Ingram along with the sure handed and ever dangerous Mark Bavaro. Not to mention that year before he got hurt, Simms was having a GREAT year. The defense, man, Marshal, Fox, Howard, Banks, Reasons, Johnson, Deossie, Taylor, Collins, Walls, Thompson, Guyton &amp; Jackson...was not an easy D to play against...hell, they kept us in games when Jeff Hostetler was (cough-cough) off the mark. I think they should be better than one and done.</P>

86' Giants, wow...I am trying to remeber not how many QB's they took out, but how many completed games playing against that D. The offense with Simms, Manuel, Robinson, McConkey, Morris &amp; Bavaro and that O-Line, was no joke. The D...well, Taylor was league MVP that year with 20.5 sacks and they did everything possible to stop them. </P>

07' Giants&amp; 11' Giants, those are toss ups, because both teams had a lot of injuries but over came them. </P>

Not knocking your prediction, just giving some more insight to the eariler teams. </P>

GmenFan1980
03-20-2012, 11:47 AM

90's Giants when healty had a killer ground game, O.J., Rodney & Meggett. Stephen Baker (The Touchdown Maker) small but with blazing speed and the near perfect route running Mark Ingram along with the sure handed and ever dangerous Mark Bavaro. Not to mention that year before he got hurt, Simms was having a GREAT year. The defense, man, Marshal, Fox, Howard, Banks, Reasons, Johnson, Deossie, Taylor, Collins, Walls, Thompson, Guyton & Jackson...was not an easy D to play against...hell, they kept us in games when Jeff Hostetler was (cough-cough) off the mark. I think they should be better than one and done.</P>

86' Giants, wow...I am trying to remeber not how many QB's they took out, but how many completed games playing against that D. The offense with Simms, Manuel, Robinson, McConkey, Morris & Bavaro and that O-Line, was no joke. The D...well, Taylor was league MVP that year with 20.5 sacks and they did everything possible to stop them. </P>

07' Giants*& 11' Giants, those are toss ups, because both teams had a lot of injuries but over came them. </P>

Not knocking your prediction, just giving some more insight to the eariler teams. </P>

It's fine. my predictions were made on how I thought people would vote not what I really hoped for. My only error was assuming the '11 giants would beat the steelers because they just won.

If it was what I wanted They all make it to Final four and 86 Giants win it all lol

Sanntee31
03-20-2012, 12:57 PM

90's Giants when healty had a killer ground game, O.J., Rodney &amp; Meggett. Stephen Baker (The Touchdown Maker) small but with blazing speed and the near perfect route running Mark Ingram along with the sure handed and ever dangerous Mark Bavaro. Not to mention that year before he got hurt, Simms was having a GREAT year. The defense, man, Marshal, Fox, Howard, Banks, Reasons, Johnson, Deossie, Taylor, Collins, Walls, Thompson, Guyton &amp; Jackson...was not an easy D to play against...hell, they kept us in games when Jeff Hostetler was (cough-cough) off the mark. I think they should be better than one and done.</P>

86' Giants, wow...I am trying to remeber not how many QB's they took out, but how many completed games playing against that D. The offense with Simms, Manuel, Robinson, McConkey, Morris &amp; Bavaro and that O-Line, was no joke. The D...well, Taylor was league MVP that year with 20.5 sacks and they did everything possible to stop them. </P>

07' Giants&amp; 11' Giants, those are toss ups, because both teams had a lot of injuries but over came them. </P>

It's fine. my predictions were made on how I thought people would vote not what I really hoped for. My only error was assuming the '11 giants would beat the steelers because they just won. If it was what I wanted They all make it to Final four and 86 Giants win it all lol</P>

I feel you on that. Hey I like your thinking with the 86' Team winning it all! </P>

manning to shockey
03-20-2012, 01:10 PM
I don't see how a team that didn't win the superbowl that same year can be the greatest team of all time. I'm talking to you '07 Pats

bandwgn86
03-20-2012, 03:52 PM
still picking the '94 49ers to win it all

Pksoze
03-21-2012, 09:47 PM
All the Giants teams are out...it looks like a Bears romp.

GmenFan1980
03-28-2012, 10:36 PM
85 bears lost. Wow

meanseen
03-28-2012, 10:47 PM
2000 ravens in the finals?? c'mon man

thomsoad
03-29-2012, 09:50 AM

Im sorry but my God this one incredibly stupid statement! 85 Bears were SICK!

I remember I was proud that the Gmen only lost 21-0.

buffyblue
03-29-2012, 05:21 PM
I don't see how a team that didn't win the superbowl that same year can be the greatest team of all time. I'm talking to you '07 Pats

That's the catch isn't it? 2007 NY Giants beat one of the greatest teams ever when defeating 2007 New England Patriots in SuperBowl XLII. Polls are just fans opinions because the 2000 Baltimore Ravens offense would.not have scored on 1986 NY Giants defense and I think NY Giants would have nlwon them out.

I also don't see the 1972 Miami Dolphins perfect team being able to even be little more than a speed bump against the 1990 Buffalo Bills team that lost to 1990 NY Giants in SuperBowl.

It is all about how the teams match up and I think 1986 NY Giants would have beaten 1985 Chicago Bears.

Pksoze
03-29-2012, 08:16 PM

Im sorry but my God this one incredibly stupid statement! 85 Bears were SICK!

I remember I was proud that the Gmen only lost 21-0.

You can say what you want...I saw that same team carved up Jay Scroeder of all people next year. I felt the 86 Giants while not as dominant in the regular season put it all together in the playoffs. And we would have given the 85 Bears a good game. They only scored two tds on us in 85 as it is.

Anyway this poll is a joke anyway as the 2000 Ravens are in the finals.