You know we could end up with Boss AND Steve Smith back hah

Juanito
03-12-2012, 06:48 PM
If we can afford both absolutely.

bklyn1028
03-12-2012, 06:49 PM
All over twitter.

You know we could end up with Boss AND Steve Smith back hah

Boss I would LOVE back, not Smith. Boss seemed upset he had to leave, even twited how he loved it in NY ($ talks), but Smith started talking sh*t on facebook about how the Eagles were the "it" team, or something liket that.

The humble always return.

BornBrooklyn
03-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Hasn't he had quite a few concussions in a short period of time?

jhamburg
03-12-2012, 07:07 PM

That's why you give him a short term deal, not guaranteed money like the Raiders did.

I think it makes sense for us. He knows our offense obviously, and he wouldn't be a starter on most teams like he would be for us so I don't think there will be many teams to outbid us.

He's a good stopgap solution *if* we are going to draft a TE.

bklyn1028
03-12-2012, 07:09 PM

That's why you give him a short term deal, not guaranteed money like the Raiders did

You couldn't blame him. Al Davis was stupid with $$. Look what he did with Russell.

Blue daddy
03-12-2012, 07:10 PM
This + 1

giantsfan420
03-12-2012, 07:13 PM
def. bring him back on the cheap.

boss, smith...welcome home. solves depth issues and should be perfect with our cap situation. thank u oakland for giving him a huge guaranteed pay day so we wont have to! same to you philly!

barran21
03-12-2012, 07:13 PM

I want a TE that has 2 knees.....who cares if sees double and can't tell the difference between Eli and Tuck...the man has 2 knees...

C1010
03-12-2012, 07:26 PM
I'll be honest Im concerned about the fact that he has had quite a bit of concussions, that said I'm not opposed to seeing him back if he doesn't break the bank.

Roxersboxers
03-12-2012, 07:30 PM

I want a TE that has 2 knees.....who cares if sees double and can't tell the difference between Eli and Tuck...the man has 2 knees...
i lol'd

gmen0820
03-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Oh hell yeah I'd take him back. He'd be a great TE to pair with a young athletic guy.

We need to address TE though even if we get a guy like Boss. Last year I didn't worry about the TEs (one of the few who didn't) but they would add a lot of flexibility to our already potent offense.

Having Boss and lets say Fleener at TE. Nicks, Cruz and SS12 at WR and a fresh legged RB to pair with Bradshaw. Wow.

bflo23
03-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Kevin Boss should be jumping for joy if the Giants should be interest in him. Eli threw for nearly 5K yards and coming off a SB win.

He is 6'6", is clutch, has great soft hands and ran a 4.66 in a 40 yard dash (not at the combine though). We all remember that speed in the Super Bowl with that big catch. This is probably a great chance to buy low for Kevin Boss.

Disappointed by Dwayne Allen and Fleener at the combine. Orson Charles did well but he just got busted for driving drunk and I don't care for that.

TheEnigma
03-12-2012, 07:42 PM
This makes too much sense and has bargain deal written all over it. The only way I'd decline this would be if someone like Carlson or Dreessen came cheaper but I doubt it.

C1010
03-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Oh hell yeah I'd take him back. He'd be a great TE to pair with a young athletic guy.

We need to address TE though even if we get a guy like Boss. Last year I didn't worry about the TEs (one of the few who didn't) but they would add a lot of flexibility to our already potent offense.

Having Boss and lets say Fleener at TE. Nicks, Cruz and SS12 at WR and a fresh legged RB to pair with Bradshaw. Wow.

If we made these moves, I'd be happy.

giantsfan420
03-12-2012, 09:40 PM

the thing is, all we'd have to do to make this a reality is re-sign boss and smith, and both would be bargain deals. then draft fleener if he's there which he should be. and this would fill out our depth and make us UNSTOPPABLE...it'd be unfair for the SB champs to GET EVEN BETTER FOR CHEAPER!

u have to think Reese, who was patient and didnt rush into anything bc of the fan fare and believed we had the talent to win it all w/o them, is smiling ear to ear with both being available and way cheaper than last season...

PLEASE DEAR GOD PLEASE LET THIS BE DONE BY TOMORROW NIGHT!

JJC7301
03-13-2012, 12:21 AM
def. bring him back on the cheap.

boss, smith...welcome home. solves depth issues and should be perfect with our cap situation. thank u oakland for giving him a huge guaranteed pay day so we wont have to! same to you philly!
Two young, experienced, popular Giants coming back into the fold. I'd love it, they'll fit our cap issues, but I'm worried about Boss. I think he should retire.

BlueSanta
03-13-2012, 01:19 AM
The concussions problem is a major concern. But, Boss is a far better seal blocker than anyone we have now. I think you would see our run game improve, especially the outside runs which we suffered miserably at this year, if Boss returned.

RagTime Blue
03-13-2012, 01:22 AM
Both Smith and Boss aren't Free Agents because they played so well last year. Smith may have ruined his career by coming back too early from surgery. Boss is an average player made good by the talent surrounding him.

We look back with nostalgia about some great times these guys had with us, but Reese will look at them just as any other GM will. . .objectively. . .and what can they do NOW.