PDA

View Full Version : Finally have an idea of what I want to happen...

lawl
03-12-2012, 10:06 PM
With FA about to start here's what I have in mind for our offseason:</P>

FA:</P>

Cut Diehl. Restructure Canty.</P>

Sign Winston/Gaither. Sign Goff. Sign TT. Sign Jason Jones</P>

Those are the names we've heard, everyone else should be random vet minimum scrubs.</P>

Draft:</P>

1. WR Stephen Hill / WR Reuben Randle: I'm a sucker for measurables. With Cruz and Nicks playing out of their mind it is no guarantee that we will be able to keep both of them longterm. Drafting either of these players hopefully will keep us loaded for this year and forfuture years to come.</P>

2. TE Orson Charles: Will the DUI drive him all the way back to the 64th pick?</P>

3. OT Bobbie Massie: With Diehl cut we need another back up tackle. Massie and Brewer should provide us with enough depth.</P>

4. S DeQuan Menzie: A guy with college experience at corner. The snaps that Grant provided will need to be replaced by someone.</P>

In the final 3 rounds a nice pass catching running back would be nice.</P>

--------</P>

It's obviously a very optimistic approach as I doubt the money will be right to sign the guys I listed.</P>

allentown PA
03-12-2012, 10:32 PM

Those are the names we've heard, everyone else should be random vet minimum scrubs.</P>

1. WR Stephen Hill / WR Reuben Randle:* I'm a sucker for measurables. With Cruz and Nicks playing out of their mind it is no guarantee that we will be able to keep both of them longterm. Drafting either of these players hopefully will keep us loaded for this year and for*future years to come.</P>

2. TE Orson Charles: Will the DUI drive him all the way back to the 64th pick?</P>

3. OT Bobbie Massie: With Diehl cut we need another back up tackle. Massie and Brewer should provide us with enough depth.</P>

4. S DeQuan Menzie: A guy with college experience at corner. The snaps that Grant provided will need to be replaced by someone.</P>

--------</P>

It's obviously a very optimistic approach as I doubt the money will be right to sign the guys I listed.</P>

love the mock draft and the canty restructure but why cut DD?

TheEnigma
03-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Not sure we would have the money to sign both of those tackles and Jason Jones as well. But, damn, that would be a sweet offseason...

bLuereverie
03-12-2012, 10:53 PM
I would love to avoid a Canty restructure if I could.

bLuereverie
03-12-2012, 10:54 PM
love the mock draft and the canty restructure but why cut DD?

Diehl's salary is all base. From a fiscal standpoint, they can save a lot with no dead money.

jomo
03-12-2012, 10:57 PM

1. WR Stephen Hill / WR Reuben Randle: I'm a sucker for measurables. With Cruz and Nicks playing out of their mind it is no guarantee that we will be able to keep both of them longterm. Drafting either of these players hopefully will keep us loaded for this year and forfuture years to come.</P>

--------</P>

It's obviously a very optimistic approach as I doubt the money will be right to sign the guys I listed.</P>Like the plan except for the Goff part. I haven't seen much in him to like. He is stiff and slow to make proper reads. He is explosive butinfrequently to the proper spot. He'll blow up an occasional play and overrun most of them. Too much money sunk into a sub par LB (we've got a boatload of them).

rainierjef
03-12-2012, 11:07 PM
I agree with this plan any way to squeeze in L.miller in there =/

lawl
03-13-2012, 07:53 AM
Not sure we would have the money to sign both of those tackles and Jason Jones as well. But, damn, that would be a sweet offseason...

I didn't mean sign both. I meant either or.

lawl
03-13-2012, 07:53 AM
I would love to avoid a Canty restructure if I could.

I'm under the impression that if we restructured him, we could then save alot of money by cutting him next year.

lawl
03-13-2012, 08:20 AM

1. WR Stephen Hill / WR Reuben Randle:* I'm a sucker for measurables. With Cruz and Nicks playing out of their mind it is no guarantee that we will be able to keep both of them longterm. Drafting either of these players hopefully will keep us loaded for this year and for*future years to come.</P>

--------</P>

It's obviously a very optimistic approach as I doubt the money will be right to sign the guys I listed.</P>Like the plan except for the Goff part. I haven't seen much in him to like. He is stiff and slow to make proper reads. He is explosive but*infrequently to the proper spot. He'll blow up an occasional play and overrun most of them. Too much money sunk into a sub par LB (we've got a boatload of them).

With how little snaps our MLB plays I couldnt justify investing anything more than a small contract to goff.