PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible for FA, and would you like it?

True 2 Blue
03-13-2012, 02:08 AM
Kevin Boss
Steve Smith
Mike Tolbert
T2
Goff
Tryon
Pascoe
Devin Thomas

I would love these guys back, would think most would come cheap

We also get Chad Jones, Marvin Austin, healthy Prince with a little experience next season, might be missing other injuries, I actually like how NYG is shaping up for next year

NewYorkSwagg
03-13-2012, 02:25 AM
I think all those guys coming back except BOSS, SMITH, but it is a good chance Tolbert land here in NY. The best thing about Tolbert is not only do he fit this style of team but he REALLY want to be a Giant, so that mean he'll be willing to take less money to come here.

NY_Eli
03-13-2012, 02:34 AM
Don't think Boss will be back. He should consider retirement from all the concussions.

I think there's a small chance Smith returns. Tolbert might be too expensive.

The rest have pretty good shots to return imo.

Flip Empty
03-13-2012, 02:38 AM
Keen on all bar Boss. Pascoe's already under contract so no worries there.

dave56dj
03-13-2012, 02:43 AM
Kevin Boss - let the past go - boss suffered another concussion in Oakland and was fairly ineffective in 14 games. Fells/ Bennet/ Clark or tamme are better options if cheap enough in different ways.

Smith - If cheap and healthy would be a great option.

Tolbert - Second poster could not be more wrong - Tolbert has said he'd like to play many places (thats what fa's do to drive up prices) we aren't getting a bargain. Still if he were cheap enough he would be a great option - but if we were gonna give 1.5 to jacobs odds are we are not gonna be able to afford much more for anyone else.

T2 - If healthy and cheap.
Goff - see t2
Pascoe - already on roster.
Thomas - a nice special teams player but nothing more - if cheap

While it would be nice to see chad jones come back and be a part of this team the odds are not in his favor after all the surgeries - but man would it be a great story.

In other news look for Justin Trattou to be a nice replacement for Tollefosn - kids gonna open some yes imo.

True 2 Blue
03-14-2012, 01:51 AM
Looks like were gonna get Bennett who is wayyy better than Boss, the CBs are signed as well

Mike Tolbert
Goff
Devin Thomas
Steve Smith/3rd receiver for competition
lets get these and go BPA in draft!

giantsfan420
03-14-2012, 02:11 AM
Looks like were gonna get Bennett who is wayyy better than Boss, the CBs are signed as well

Mike Tolbert
Goff
Devin Thomas
Steve Smith/3rd receiver for competition
lets get these and go BPA in draft!

the great thing is, if you swap jacobs for tolbert, we can do all these things for hella cheap.

we're getting top notch role players for bargain basement prices.

PRFan
03-14-2012, 04:35 AM
No Boss, I'm just scared for the guy and hell no on SS!

hungrrrry
03-14-2012, 07:13 AM
No Boss, I'm just scared for the guy and hell no on SS!I agree about Boss, though I like him...however, I would take smith back. I don't take anything personal that he did last year, it is a business and he wanted to get right to it instead of beat around the bush which is often what Reese does....Bennett isn't signed yet (even though he was our prime target in FA), Smith is twice the receiver Mario was. He did poorly in Philly because they alreay had their main receivers in line and Vick had no experience with him in the off-season. As long as his health is not a concern (and the contract is like TT's - "show me"). He was never a cancer in the lockerroom or a negative in any sense. He has the experience to be the #1 or #2 receiver if one of those guys goes down and is plain money on third down! I don't see the problem....other than contract, possibly.