PDA

View Full Version : Familiar faces @ Free Agent TE's Shiancoe-Shockey-Boss-Ballard

GIANTS740ilbmw
03-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Present & former Giants TE's on the market today!

Which one do we want?

Gimaniac
03-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Shockey would have a better chance playing pick up stix with his butt cheeks than he would returning to the Giants.

The others are welcome if the price is right.

Harooni
03-13-2012, 12:32 PM
i have a boss jersey!!!! please come back. plus i thought he was pretty good.

Gimaniac
03-13-2012, 12:33 PM

People question Boss's blocking ability, but the run game was a lot better when he was here.

WR4Life
03-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Shockey would have a better chance playing pick up stix with his butt cheeks than he would returning to the Giants.

The others are welcome if the price is right.

That made me laugh.

radar-ray
03-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Shiancoe if anyone. I like Boss but he is one concussion away from being out for most of the season if not forever.

JJC7301
03-13-2012, 01:37 PM
We resigned Ballard -- he's no longer a FA.

It's between Shiancoe and Boss. Boss is a concussion waiting to happen, but he knows Eli and the system. Shiancoe is still a viable threat, I believe.

For me, it would come down to who's cheaper.

jjj45
03-13-2012, 02:03 PM

People question Boss's blocking ability, but the run game was a lot better when he was here.That's a good point. He was great blocking for the Raiders. McFadden and Bush both had good years.

MattMeyerBud
03-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Present & former Giants TE's on the market today!

Which one do we want?

we have ballard already

don't want shockey

TrueBlue@NYC
03-13-2012, 03:28 PM
i have a boss jersey!!!! please come back. plus i thought he was pretty good. People question Boss's blocking ability, but the run game was a lot better when he was here.That's a good point. He was great blocking for the Raiders. McFadden and Bush both had good years.
</P>

He wasn't all that good for them, he hardly played b/c he was injured most of the year. </P>

If they have compromable price I'd go with Shancoe. He's much more durable, a better blocker and has similar pass catching skills. If Boss's asking price is much lower then it'd be godo to have him back. </P>

nygsb42champs
03-13-2012, 04:05 PM
I would bring Boss back.

critters
03-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Still a huge Shockey fan. I know he won't be coming back, but I would love to see him retire in blue.

jjj45
03-13-2012, 04:22 PM
i have a boss jersey!!!! please come back. plus i thought he was pretty good. People question Boss's blocking ability, but the run game was a lot better when he was here.That's a good point. He was great blocking for the Raiders. McFadden and Bush both had good years.
</p>

He wasn't all that good for them, he hardly played b/c he was injured most of the year. </p>

If they have compromable price I'd go with Shancoe. He's much more durable, a better blocker and has similar pass catching skills. If Boss's asking price is much lower then it'd be godo to have him back. </p>Blocking-wise he was. They hardly used him in the passing game. He was good in his limited play with them. Him being released surprised a lot of Raiders fans.

bLuereverie
03-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Clarence Hill ? @clarencehilljr
Close the market is heating up for tight end Martellus Bennett.headed to visit the Giants tonight, drawing interest from Bears, Raiders, Bucs

Roosevelt
03-13-2012, 04:30 PM

+1

LT_was_good
03-13-2012, 04:33 PM
Clarence Hill ? @clarencehilljr Close the market is heating up for tight end Martellus Bennett.headed to visit the Giants tonight, drawing interest from Bears, Raiders, Bucs</P>

Lots of interest from other teams would likely indicate we'll be priced out. Especially since the teams are the Bucs (tons of cap space), Raiders (no explanation needed), and Bears (already aiming to snatch the Eagles' Dream Team Championship Belt).</P>

</P>