PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Boss Released....

Giants-NJ
03-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Poor Kevin Boss. He left the G-Men thinking he was going to make a fortune. He was just released by the Raiders after only one year into his four year contract. Greed is not good. He got what he deserved. Shoudl have stayed with the Giants and receive a Super Bowl ring. Too bad Kevin!

Martyr
03-13-2012, 01:35 PM
I'd leave my job for more money wouldnt you?

Harooni
03-13-2012, 01:37 PM
he still got all his signing bonus and guaranteed money, im sure he isnt crying.

Giants-NJ
03-13-2012, 01:38 PM
No, I would not if I was already with a class organization. He got what he deserved.

Aperspective
03-13-2012, 01:38 PM
I was ready to read, best viable ex giant to return to fold. Instead, its what an idiot, someone asked him to do the same thing for a lot more money and he took it.

Dirt66
03-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Can't blame the guy for making $$, that being said, I DO NOT want him back because of the injuries he has had.

giantman8493
03-13-2012, 01:40 PM
No, I would not if I was already with a class organization. He got what he deserved.And what he got was a lot of money

Giants-NJ
03-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Yes, but now he is out of a job. Short term gain, long term loss.

freeoscar
03-13-2012, 01:43 PM
He already won a ring with the Giants. He got at least $6mm for his year with the Raiders. Given that he is oft injured, and may never play again, with injuries that just as easily could have occurred as a member of the Giants, he 100% made the right decision.

Harooni
03-13-2012, 01:45 PM
yeah he made the right call. its nfl and he had concussions before.

now if he can pass a physical. we need TE's badly

Shockdisnation03
03-13-2012, 01:46 PM
"The Giants never wanted to part ways with Kevin Boss, and Boss never wanted to leave the Giants but really had no choice a year ago, when the Raiders came in with a four-year, $16 million offer that guaranteed twice as much money as the Giants were willing to ante up.

After one disappointing season in Oakland, Boss is soon to be a free agent again. The Raiders, according to ESPN and other sources, will release Boss and it sure seems like a match made in heaven that he could return to the Giants.

After all, the Giants badly need one and perhaps two tight ends, as Jake Ballard and Travis Beckum, went down with torn ACLs in Super Bowl XLVI."

RoanokeFan
03-13-2012, 01:51 PM

Here's the problem with signing Boss, who I like. One more concussion and he could miss a lot of games because of the concern with the cumulative, long term effect of concussions.

Harooni
03-13-2012, 01:54 PM

Here's the problem with signing Boss, who I like.* One more concussion and he could miss a lot of games because of the concern with the cumulative, long term effect of concussions.*
of course you are right ROA

but we have to take the chance, either way we will be taking a chance on te's with new rubber ligaments

CTLadyBlue
03-13-2012, 02:03 PM
I'd leave my job for more money wouldnt you?

Who's to say he wouldn't have made more down the line if he stayed - especially if he proved himself?

RoanokeFan
03-13-2012, 02:07 PM

Here's the problem with signing Boss, who I like. One more concussion and he could miss a lot of games because of the concern with the cumulative, long term effect of concussions.
of course you are right ROA

but we have to take the chance, either way we will be taking a chance on te's with new rubber ligaments

If Ballard was going to start the season I'd say yes. But if we take that chance with Kevin and he gets dinged, we just have Pascoe.