PDA

View Full Version : 4 years $28M for T2, 1 year option for Gmen

TuckYou
03-13-2012, 02:18 PM
<SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>From Mike Garafolo: "Source says overall numbers on CB Terrell Thomas' deal with the Giants are four years, $28 million. More details to come."</SPAN></P>

<SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'></SPAN>*</P>

RoanokeFan
03-13-2012, 02:20 PM
<span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">From Mike Garafolo: "Source says overall numbers on CB Terrell Thomas' deal with the Giants are four years, $28 million. More details to come."</span></p>

<span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}"></span></p>

That doesn't sound like the "short term" deal previously reported lol

MikeIsaGiant
03-13-2012, 02:20 PM
<font color="#FF0000">Should have signed him to a 6 year 60 million contract

/redfont</font>

TuckYou
03-13-2012, 02:21 PM
$11M Guaranteed!</P>

Wow!</P>

Waaaay too much IMO.</P>

Way to much.</P>

2 ACL injuries! </P>

Well, at least it has an out for the giants.</P>

In Reese I trust! damn it.</P>

TuckYou
03-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Reese loves him some CBs...</P>

ny06
03-13-2012, 02:24 PM
$11M Guarenteed!</P>

Wow!</P>

Waaaay too much IMO.</P>

Way to much.</P>

2 ACL injuries! </P>

Well, there goes our FA for anyone really.... Unreal. I think Reese made another bad signing here. Even if he is 100% like 2010, he isnt worth that money with Cweb and Prince. </P>

In Reese I trust??? damn it. Let BJ go for 500K more and give T2 this?</P>

</P>

Ok General Manager TuckYou; what would you have offered Thomas? </P>

</P>

TheEnigma
03-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Isn't there a 1 year option on this deal though?

Kruunch
03-13-2012, 02:26 PM
I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese (HOLY ****!!!!!!!) I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese.

Redeyejedi
03-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Looks like a lot as well but it could be a deal where he gets 2 mIllion this year and the Guarantees only kick in if they pick up an option

DemandedAce
03-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Looks like a lot as well but it could be a deal where he gets 2 mIllion this year and the Guarantees only kick in if they pick up an option

Truth, we don't know the full details yet. Could be entirely backloaded with a lot of that conditional.

gumby742
03-13-2012, 02:29 PM
We don't know the details yet, but right now, I'm not happy about the move.</P>

Tommy_Ribs
03-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Wow, if that is right I would be shocked.

I wonder if the money is at the back end of the deal. Or is heavily incentive-laden.

Redeyejedi
03-13-2012, 02:32 PM
From the wording This deal is sounding like a 1 year deal cheap with a Giants option to turn it into a 28 Million 11 guaranteed deal

TuckYou
03-13-2012, 02:33 PM
$11M Guarenteed!</P>

Wow!</P>

Waaaay too much IMO.</P>

Way to much.</P>

2 ACL injuries! </P>

Well, there goes our FA for anyone really.... Unreal. I think Reese made another bad signing here. Even if he is 100% like 2010, he isnt worth that money with Cweb and Prince. </P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Def not that much. I thought he was a bit overrated in 2010. I love that we got him back, but this deal is big. Too big. We are up against the wall with $$$ right now and we blow it on T2? A CB coming off major knee surgery for the 2nd time? </P>

I guess I'll have to wait till the whole contract details come out, but I couldnt believe it when I first heard. I was thinking more like what they gave Kiwi last year. 2 years - 4M.</P>

I just feel we needed that money to go elsewhere. We have CWeb and Prince who was our #1 pick last year. How about giving Osi his money now...</P>

buddy33
I only caught a little bit of his interview but I thought he said the option is for next year depending on how he does. Does that sound right?

JJC7301

Truth, we don't know the full details yet. Could be entirely backloaded with a lot of that conditional.
I trust in Reese, but I wonder how much Ross was / is asking for? If he would have been significantly cheaper, I would rather go with him. I think Ross is good enough, and we've got Prince as well.

I like TT, but with our current cap issues I would rather go with the cheaper alternative between TT and Ross.

myles2424
03-13-2012, 02:34 PM
And if TT got away,we would all be crying this year when it's web,prince, & our 3rd CB is getting burned all year.......

JJC7301
03-13-2012, 02:35 PM
$11M Guarenteed!</P>

Wow!</P>

Waaaay too much IMO.</P>

Way to much.</P>

2 ACL injuries! </P>

</P>

*</P>

</P>

Def not that much. I thought he was a bit overrated in 2010. I love that we got him back, but this deal is big. Too big. We are up against the wall with $$$ right now and we blow it on T2? A CB coming off major knee surgery for the 2nd time? </P>

I guess I'll have to wait till the whole contract details come out, but I couldnt believe it when I first heard. I was thinking more like what they gave Kiwi last year. 2 years - 4M.</P>

I just feel we needed that money to go elsewhere. We have CWeb and Prince who was our #1 pick last year. How about giving Osi his money now...</P>
+1. I'd rather spend more money on Osi and keep him here long term. I like TT, but Ross would probably be the cheaper alternative.

TuckYou
03-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Looks like a lot as well but it could be a deal where he gets 2 mIllion this year and the Guarantees only kick in if they pick up an option Truth, we don't know the full details yet. Could be entirely backloaded with a lot of that conditional. I trust in Reese, but I wonder how much Ross was / is asking for? If he would have been significantly cheaper, I would rather go with him. I think Ross is good enough, and we've got Prince as well. I like TT, but with our current cap issues I would rather go with the cheaper alternative between TT and Ross.</P>

Exactly. Id almost rather not sign him, and draft another CB in the first round. Unless they built in an option and the Gmen can get out early and cheap, T2 will now be another player who will handycap this team in the next couple of years, hurting the chances we resign guys like JPP, Austin, Tuck, Cruz, Nicks, Phillips....</P>

I Trust You Reese! Tell me you got a trick up your sleeve here!</P>

NYG216
03-13-2012, 02:37 PM
I wonder if the money is at the back end of the deal. Or is heavily incentive-laden.

It better be both... but even if it is not... I trust Reese.

BigBlue1971
03-13-2012, 02:38 PM
I only caught a little bit of his interview but I thought he said the option is for next year depending on how he does. Does that sound right?</P>

</P>

i dont know if its right or not but it sounds logical especially after his injury!</P>

im happy bout the signing but would be susprised if it is for 4 years with no other questions asked!</P>

ny06
03-13-2012, 02:38 PM
$11M Guarenteed!</P>

Wow!</P>

Waaaay too much IMO.</P>

Way to much.</P>

2 ACL injuries! </P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I think we should all wait till we hear the full details of the contract; I am guessing it's heavily incentive laden. Reese must know something that the fans don't know. Maybe it's alot to offer a guy with 2 acl injuries to the same knee. But I have complete confidence in what Reese does. </P>

As for Osi, he is still under contract; the Giants don't have to do a damn thing. But me personally I would like the Giants to give him a fair pay raise. </P>

burier
03-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Fail.

buddy33
03-13-2012, 02:41 PM
He did say it was $11-12 million guaranteed so congratulations to him.

As far as the rest of the contract I guess we will find out.

jakegibbs
03-13-2012, 02:41 PM
<SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>From Mike Garafolo: "Source says overall numbers on CB Terrell Thomas' deal with the Giants are four years, $28 million. More details to come."</SPAN></P>

Didn't JR say you can never have enough CB's or was it DE's? Well no matter need um both I guess.

TuckYou
03-13-2012, 02:42 PM
And if TT got away,we would all be crying this year when it's web,prince, &amp; our 3rd CB is getting burned all year.......</P>

Not true at all. We were not mad at Gibril Wilson getting away after 2007. Raiders overpaid him. Same with Boss. They got overpaid. I wish we kept them but they got huge offers elsewhere. You cant overspend because you want the guy. If TT was offered 4 years 28M somewhere else, Id be like see ya! Next man up. </P>

Bruce Johnson, Justin Tryon, Aaron Ross, Brian Witherspoon, draft picks... all are capable when you have a big time pass rush. </P>

Redeyejedi
03-13-2012, 02:43 PM
It could be like one of these contracts that have 2 Tiers

2012 3 Mil Base Guaranteed

2013 First day of League year 8 Mil Roster Signing Bonus

2013 Base 3 Mil

2014 7mil Not Guaranteed

2015 7mil Not Guaranteed

TuckYou
03-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Fail.</P>

Who? Was the contract wrong? I hope so anyway.</P>

rainierjef
03-13-2012, 02:45 PM
<a class="account-group js-account-group js-action-profile js-user-profile-link" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/NotoriousOHM" data-user-id="35410338"><strong class="fullname js-action-profile-name">Ohm Youngmisuk[/b]
<span>?</span>
<span class="username js-action-profile-name"><s>@</s>NotoriousOHm</span>
</a>

<p class="js-tweet-text">Terrell Thomas confirms four-year, $28
million deal with $11 million guaranteed. Giants have an option after
first year for protection</p>
<div class="stream-item-footer">

<div class="context">
</div>
<a class="details with-icn js-details" href="https://twitter.com/#">
<span class="js-icon-container">
</span>

<span class="hide-open js-hide-details">
</span>

</a>
</div>
<div class="expanded-content js-tweet-details-dropdown"><div class="js-tweet-details-fixer">

</div></div>

GMenNY21
What?????!!!!!!!! Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

burier
We lost our shirt on this one.

I'm sending my agent over there right now. Maybe I can get a big time contract too.

burier
We lost our shirt on this one.

I'm sending my agent over there right now. Maybe I can get a big time contract too.

Kruunch
Fail.

Yes but we're used to that from your posts.

DVision
I love how you all got all over Reese for supposedly low balling Steve Smith and Kevin Boss and then you get all over him for paying T2 before even seeing the details of the contract!

The numbers alone mean NOTHING!! The devil is in the details!

JJC7301
Looks like a lot as well but it could be a deal where he gets 2 mIllion this year and the Guarantees only kick in if they pick up an option Truth, we don't know the full details yet. Could be entirely backloaded with a lot of that conditional. I trust in Reese, but I wonder how much Ross was / is asking for? If he would have been significantly cheaper, I would rather go with him. I think Ross is good enough, and we've got Prince as well. I like TT, but with our current cap issues I would rather go with the cheaper alternative between TT and Ross.</P>

Exactly. Id almost rather not sign him, and draft another CB in the first round. Unless they built in an option and the Gmen can get out early and cheap, T2 will now be another player who will handycap this team in the next couple of years, hurting the chances we resign guys like JPP, Austin, Tuck, Cruz, Nicks, Phillips....</P>

I Trust You Reese! Tell me you got a trick up your sleeve here!</P>
I'd actually be shocked if we did not pick a CB in the early rounds anyway. It's one of our M.O.s.

Redeyejedi
03-13-2012, 02:46 PM
<a class="account-group js-account-group js-action-profile js-user-profile-link" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/NotoriousOHM" data-user-id="35410338"><strong class="fullname js-action-profile-name">Ohm Youngmisuk[/b]
<span>?</span>
<span class="username js-action-profile-name"><s>@</s>NotoriousOHm</span>
</a>

<p class="js-tweet-text">Terrell Thomas confirms four-year, $28
million deal with $11 million guaranteed. Giants have an option after
first year for protection</p>
<div class="stream-item-footer">

<div class="context">
</div>
<a class="details with-icn js-details" href="https://twitter.com/#">
<span class="js-icon-container">
</span>

<span class="hide-open js-hide-details">
</span>

</a>
</div>
<div class="expanded-content js-tweet-details-dropdown"><div class="js-tweet-details-fixer">

</div></div> There u go everyone chill out

burier
03-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Fail.

Yes but we're used to that from your posts.

Oh look. My own personal Stan is addressing me out of turn again.

GMENAGAIN
03-13-2012, 02:50 PM
What do you think we would have had to pay him if he had not been injured and had a great season last year?

TheEnigma
03-13-2012, 02:51 PM
This all but confirms (to me at least) that we will be taking a CB somewhere in this year's draft in the event that TT doesn't work out. Stephon Gillmore or Trumaine Johnson anyone? or Donnie Fletcher...there's a couple guys we could look at.

TuckYou
03-13-2012, 02:52 PM
<STRONG class="fullname js-action-profile-name">Ohm Youngmisuk[/b] <SPAN>?</SPAN> <SPAN class="username js-action-profile-name"><S>@</S>NotoriousOHm</SPAN> (https://twitter.com/#%21/NotoriousOHM)
<P class=js-tweet-text>Terrell Thomas confirms four-year, $28 million deal with $11 million guaranteed. Giants have an option after first year for protection</P>
<DIV class=stream-item-footer>
<DIV class=context></DIV><SPAN class=js-icon-container></SPAN><SPAN class="hide-open js-hide-details"></SPAN> (https://twitter.com/#)</DIV>
<DIV class="expanded-content js-tweet-details-dropdown">
<DIV class=js-tweet-details-fixer>
</DIV></DIV>

</P>

Horrible deal...</P>

$11M guaranteed? Really? Who cares if we cut him after the first year and get out of the contract, he got 11M guaranteed anyway. And if we dont cut him after the first year, we owe him this insane contract. Thats more then what CWeb gets by the way. </P>

Bad contract IMO. But Reese still is in charge and knows his guys better then me, but... ehhh. </P>

Baas was a bad contract, Canty was a bad contract, this is a bad contract. Pass rushers can make average DBs look so much better. </P>

G-Man67
03-13-2012, 02:54 PM
yeah let's wait for the details, i'm sure we have an out if he gets hurtnext year

b_ELI_eve
03-13-2012, 02:55 PM
A lot of money for a guy who hasn't even started sprinting yet. Not to mention when he does finally start to sprint, he still can't keep up with wide receivers

hungrrrry
03-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Yuck!...it can work so we have space this season but thats a big pill to swallow over the next couple...if backloaded in year three and four then that might be OK since the new capin 2014 will be significantly higher...next years cap sucks too...so it could work out fine...I am still hoping there are incentives and so on.

buddy33
03-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Give Reese and the doctors some credit. They knew how to handle Smith last year. They must know something.

TroyArcher
03-13-2012, 02:57 PM
They must be confident he is fully recovered. That is very good news. He is one of the best CB's in the league IMO when healthy. I am sure only a a small portin is guaranteed and it is heavy with incentives.

Redeyejedi
03-13-2012, 02:58 PM
<STRONG class="fullname js-action-profile-name">Ohm Youngmisuk[/b] <SPAN>?</SPAN> <SPAN class="username js-action-profile-name"><S>@</S>NotoriousOHm</SPAN> (https://twitter.com/#%21/NotoriousOHM)
<P class=js-tweet-text>Terrell Thomas confirms four-year, $28 million deal with $11 million guaranteed. Giants have an option after first year for protection</P>
<DIV class=context></DIV><SPAN class=js-icon-container></SPAN><SPAN class="hide-open js-hide-details"></SPAN> (https://twitter.com/#)</DIV>
</DIV></DIV>

</P>

Horrible deal...</P>

$11M guaranteed? Really? Who cares if we cut him after the first year and get out of the contract, he got 11M guaranteed anyway. And if we dont cut him after the first year, we owe him this insane contract. Thats more then what CWeb gets by the way. </P>

Bad contract IMO. But Reese still is in charge and knows his guys better then me, but... ehhh. </P>

Baas was a bad contract, Canty was a bad contract, this is a bad contract. Pass rushers can make average DBs look so much better. </P>I guarantee u its a 2 tier contract . Its going to be a 1 year deal for 2012 with an option for 2013 -2015 were the Money kicks in. Just wait for the details. NFL contracts can be worded to the point were he gets the Vet min this year and they are free and clear if they want to be

TuckYou
03-13-2012, 02:59 PM
</DIV></DIV>

There u go everyone chill out</P>

What exactly does that mean though? We give up 11M for 1 year if we back out? Or give him the 4yr - 28M if we follow through? Both those sound bad IMO.</P>

netplus
03-13-2012, 02:59 PM
This signing makes me want to puke. With healthy free agents Eric Winston and Mike Tolbert available that fill a need, they give 11M guaranteed to TT? This tells me they don't think Prince is good enough. I would have rather them give the money to Manningham.

Redeyejedi
03-13-2012, 03:01 PM
</DIV></DIV>

What exactly does that mean though? We give up 11M for 1 year if we back out? Or give him the 4yr - 28M if we follow through? Both those sound bad IMO.</P>No the 11 million guaranteed could be worded as a roster bonus signing bonus for 2013.

foosball
03-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Relax guys. Per the blue screen there is an out clause in the contract specifically for if his knee doesn't hold up. He tears his ACL again and this won't hurt that bad. And if he doesn't they got an excellent corner for 24 mil over 4 years. That's not too bad.

TuckYou
03-13-2012, 03:03 PM
</DIV></DIV>

What exactly does that mean though? We give up 11M for 1 year if we back out? Or give him the 4yr - 28M if we follow through? Both those sound bad IMO.</P>

No the 11 million guaranteed could be worded as a roster bonus signing bonus for 2013.</P>

God I hope so. Sounds like we might just be renting him for one year then if thats the case which I am ok with. I dont think he was that good anyway. At best a #2 CB, and that was before his injury again.</P>

Redeyejedi
03-13-2012, 03:04 PM
WHatever is listed here means nothing without the details. I could sign someone to a 2 year 100 million dollar contract with 99,500,000 guaranteed but I could word it so if I want to cut u after the first year u only get 500,000

netplus
03-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Relax guys.* Per the blue screen there is an out clause in the contract specifically for if his knee doesn't hold up.* He tears his ACL again and this won't hurt that bad.* And if he doesn't they got an excellent corner for 24 mil over 4 years.* That's not too bad.*

How many CB's have made returned to prior form after 2 ACL tears? I don't know of any. Somebody tell me before I puke a second time.

quan the don
03-13-2012, 03:07 PM
You would rather give the money to ham than our at worst third string cb in today's nfl? Really??

GameTime
03-13-2012, 03:07 PM
do you actually think Reese and Co. would tie up too much money in TT??</P>

Come on guys. You dont know all the details....especially the "out" details.</P>

Calm down and let them do their jobs.</P>

speedman
03-13-2012, 03:16 PM
He's not worth $7 Mil a year even if he's 100% healthy.</P>

NYG4lifeNYK
03-13-2012, 03:20 PM
He's not worth $7 Mil a year even if he's 100% healthy.</p>

I highly doubt they gave him $7M a year.

Spedracer
03-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Reese got the Giants 2 Lombardi trophies in 4 years. Shut the **** up. You all know nothing compared to him.

Drez
03-13-2012, 03:24 PM
</DIV></DIV>

</P>

Horrible deal...</P>

Baas was a bad contract, Canty was a bad contract, this is a bad contract. Pass rushers can make average DBs look so much better. </P>

</P>

Obviously part of that 11m guaranteed isn't necessarily guaranteed... Like a roster bonus in year 2. If he's still on the roster then it's guaranteed, if not then it's not.</P>

dezzzR
03-13-2012, 03:27 PM
[/url]<h6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline"><div class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:2}">[url="http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Reese-We-Trust/204765974855"]In Reese We Trust (http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Reese-We-Trust/204765974855)</div></h6><h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1}"> <span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">The
only person that is happier than Terrell Thomas today is Antrel Rolle,
as he now gets to go back to safety instead of Nickel CB.</span></h6>

</p>

amen to that haha
</p>

Drez
03-13-2012, 03:28 PM
</DIV></DIV>

No the 11 million guaranteed could be worded as a roster bonus signing bonus for 2013.</P>

<SPAN style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 12px/17px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; FLOAT: none; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(78,78,78); WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">That turned out to be almost exactly what Thomas got, but the details are not yet clear. The “option” in Thomas’ contract is likely a roster bonus due next March which would trigger the rest of the contract if the Giants chose to pay it. That essentially gives them an “out” in the deal if Thomas isn’t healthy.</SPAN><BR style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; FONT: 12px/17px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(78,78,78); WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"><SPAN style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 12px/17px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; FLOAT: none; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(78,78,78); WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"></SPAN><BR style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; FONT: 12px/17px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(78,78,78); WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"><SPAN style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 12px/17px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; FLOAT: none; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(78,78,78); WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">It also means the actual value of Thomas’ contract could be much less. It’s possible that, without that option bonus, only half of the $11 million – or less – is guaranteed. </SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 12px/17px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; FLOAT: none; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(78,78,78); WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"><FONT color=#000000 size=3 face="Times New Roman">All signs point to a year 2 roster bonus as you speculated. So, if we get TT this year for a few mil, I don't think that's necessarily a bad deal for us.</FONT></SPAN></P>

Eli TO Shockey
03-13-2012, 03:29 PM
[/url]<h6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline"><div class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:2}">[url="http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Reese-We-Trust/204765974855"]In Reese We Trust (http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Reese-We-Trust/204765974855)</div></h6><h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1}"> <span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">The

</p>

amen to that haha
</p>

money to the side....our secondary will be nasty with a healthy T2.

RoanokeFan
03-13-2012, 03:36 PM
$11M Guaranteed!</p>

Wow!</p>

Waaaay too much IMO.</p>

Way to much.</p>

2 ACL injuries! </p>

Well, there goes our FA for anyone really.... Unreal. <font color="#0000FF">I think Reese made another bad signing </font>here. Even if he is 100% like 2010, he isnt worth that money with Cweb and Prince. </p>

In Reese I trust??? damn it. Let BJ go for 500K more and give T2 this?</p>

This is where you get into trouble. We have won two Super B owls in 4 years with Reese's "signings." How bad can they have been?

RoanokeFan
03-13-2012, 03:38 PM

</p>

amen to that haha
</p>

money to the side....our secondary will be nasty with a healthy T2.

Don't forget, they are managing his rehab. They know how he's done since he was injured. Reese to not throw money away.

OsiStrahan#1combo
03-13-2012, 03:40 PM

What kinda kills me is that Steve Smith gets robbed after one injury and TT has a history of these injuries and he gets paid. i mean im glad hes here but damn...

nygsb42champs
03-13-2012, 03:42 PM
That is surprising considering his injury history. I would have thought it would have been a shorter contract.

LT_was_good
03-13-2012, 03:46 PM

<SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'></SPAN></P>

What kinda kills me is that Steve Smith gets robbed after one injury and TT has a history of these injuries and he gets paid. i mean im glad hes here but damn...</P>

1. They were right about Smith and</P>

2. Different injuries.</P>

netplus
03-13-2012, 03:47 PM

What kinda kills me is that Steve Smith gets robbed after one injury and TT has a history of these injuries and he gets paid. i mean im glad hes here but damn...

Different injuries, but I just can't understand it. CB is not a major need position with the DL we have.

TuckYou
03-13-2012, 03:48 PM
$11M Guaranteed!</p>

Wow!</p>

Waaaay too much IMO.</p>

Way to much.</p>

2 ACL injuries! </p>

Well, there goes our FA for anyone really.... Unreal. <font color="#0000FF">I think Reese made another bad signing </font>here. Even if he is 100% like 2010, he isnt worth that money with Cweb and Prince. </p>

This is where you get into trouble.* We have won two Super B owls in 4 years with Reese's "signings."* How bad can they have been?

You can win the SB with bad contracts. Baas was a bad contract that just got restructured. Canty has a contract that way overpaid him. By bad signings I'm talking about being overpaid.

Itlan
03-13-2012, 03:54 PM
You guys need to relax. There's two team options in the contract, from what I've gathered. First year, which is dependent on TT's HEALTH. If he reinjures himself, they can void the contract. Also being reported is the 4th year is a team option as well, which I'm guessing has a nice financial backing behind it.

netplus
03-13-2012, 04:02 PM
You guys need to relax. There's two team options in the contract, from what I've gathered. First year, which is dependent on TT's HEALTH. If he reinjures himself, they can void the contract. Also being reported is the 4th year is a team option as well, which I'm guessing has a nice financial backing behind it.

Yea, but with limited salary cap $$$ and drafting at the end of each round, I would have preferred the limited cap $$$ go to OT (biggest need) or resigning Manningham. Having three studs at WR and DL were key to winning the superbowl. You can't double team all three.

ny06
03-13-2012, 04:06 PM
You guys need to relax. There's two team options in the contract, from what I've gathered. First year, which is dependent on TT's HEALTH. If he reinjures himself, they can void the contract. Also being reported is the 4th year is a team option as well, which I'm guessing has a nice financial backing behind it. Yea, but with limited salary cap $$$ and drafting at the end of each round, I would have preferred the limited cap $$$ go to OT <FONT color=#0000ff>or resigning Manningham.</FONT> Having three studs at WR and DL were key to winning the superbowl. You can't doubleteam all three.</P>

I think resigning Manningham is near imposible; even before the signing of Thomas. </P>

For one, he wants to be the #1 receiver; and their is no way possible he will be the #1 guy here in NY. </P>

Secondly, he wants to get paid... No way could the Giants match any offer some team is willing to pay for Manningham. </P>

egyptian420
03-13-2012, 04:12 PM
A year ago at this time we were panicking at how Reese was handling FA while the Eagles were signing big names left, right, and center. We all seen how that year ended for us and them.

I'll trust in him to manage this team. He knows T2's health and the wording of the contract better than anyone on here, therefore I'll take his word.

Itlan
03-13-2012, 04:16 PM
You guys need to relax. There's two team options in the contract, from what I've gathered. First year, which is dependent on TT's HEALTH. If he reinjures himself, they can void the contract. Also being reported is the 4th year is a team option as well, which I'm guessing has a nice financial backing behind it. Yea, but with limited salary cap $$$ and drafting at the end of each round, I would have preferred the limited cap $$$ go to OT <FONT color=#0000ff>or resigning Manningham.</FONT> Having three studs at WR and DL were key to winning the superbowl. You can't doubleteam all three.</P>

I think resigning Manningham is near imposible; even before the signing of Thomas. </P>

For one, he wants to be the #1 receiver; and their is no way possible he will be the #1 guy here in NY. </P>

Secondly, he wants to get paid... No way could the Giants match any offer some team is willing to pay for Manningham. </P>I doubt anyone pays Manningham more than $7 per. We COULD afford Manningham, but I think Thomas is not only more valuable to this team, but plays a more important role.

Drez
03-13-2012, 04:29 PM

Secondly, he wants to get paid... No way could the Giants match any offer some team is willing to pay for Manningham. </P>

</P>

Yeah, resigning MM would be impossible unless he decides that he wants to make half as much money with us as he would on the open market.</P>

Our only hope would be for his market value to not be as high as we believe it to be. If it comes down to the difference of $1m or so, I think he might stay, of course unless playing time/targets are a bigger issue than money.</P>

GMAN8625
03-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Love the move. He's worth that contract and we protected ourselves with the option.

DVision
03-13-2012, 04:36 PM
A year ago at this time we were panicking at how Reese was handling FA while the Eagles were signing big names left, right, and center. We all seen how that year ended for us and them.

I'll trust in him to manage this team. He knows T2's health and the wording of the contract better than anyone on here, therefore I'll take his word.

AMEN!!!

sharick88
03-13-2012, 04:46 PM

I only care about the guaranteed money. I am sure the contract has a ton of incentives and requires him to be healthy to get the dough

TheBookOfEli
03-13-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm excited about retaining T2. He comes back to regular form, our secondary with that pass rush?

Could be a beautiful to watch. Let's hope!

giantsfan420
03-13-2012, 05:08 PM
remember how reese said last year that boothe was going to be a pivotal depth signing?

well t2 is going to be a pivotal secondary signing.

we can put him at that 3rd hybrid safety/lb slot where even if he loses a step, he'll be dominant or he'll be our outside db until prince steps it up...then he could be a slot db for us as well.

remember last season, we were getting killed from that 3rd wr slot...te/rb killed us too. t2 eleminanted that safety valve offenses targeted to avoid our nasty pass rush.

u know its a good signing when everyone else on the unit plays better bc of a guy at one spot. thats t2 for us, he'll help make our DL better, if thats possible, by taking away that quick release target for offenses, he'll help our safeties, and rolle particularly bc he gets to plays the position he's best at and not be forced out of position...he'll help Prince reach his best...great signing. we dont know the exact details of the contract so lets not pretend we do

iBleedBlue88
03-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Why is everyone so upset with this contract??!!

its not like TT tore his ACL in january, he tore it in August, he will be fine to begin hte year, the Giants trainers im sure took every precaution before Reese offered this contract.

also as stated, the contract contains a team option so if something happens htey have an out.

All of you complaining that some of the money could have gone to Jacobs, HE WAS DONE. he has very little gas left in the tank and did not fight for yards anymore. let one of hte young guys take over. same reasomn Kmac was sent packing packing.

teams need to evolve, we cannot keep the same players every year, salary cap and developing talent make this impossible.

BeatYale
03-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Obviously the team feels he's healthy enough to play at a high level again. Most overlook the fact that he was arguably our best DB going into last season. Fewell had even mentioned how involved Thomas was in his scheme in regards to moving him around, blitzing etc.

Everyone responds differently to injuries. Some guys aren't the same after a knee/leg injury, like Jason Sehorn. While some guys pretty much come back 100% or better, Frank Gore tore up both knees in college - everyone assumed the dude was done.

buffyblue
03-13-2012, 05:18 PM
I love the fact that we signed Ty Thomas. He is the best CB in our secondary when he is healthy.

Jerry Reese comes through again.

buddy33
03-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Sounds like they have the option next year based on how he does this year.

I'm sure Reese protected the team.

GameTime
03-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Sounds like they have the option next year based on how he does this year. <FONT color=#000080 size=4>I'm sure Reese protected the team</FONT>.</P>

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ for all you dopey knee jerk reaction types...</P>

</P>

giantsfan420
03-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Why is everyone so upset with this contract??!!

its not like TT tore his ACL in january, he tore it in August, he will be fine to begin hte year, the Giants trainers im sure took every precaution before Reese offered this contract.

also as stated, the contract contains a team option so if something happens htey have an out.

All of you complaining that some of the money could have gone to Jacobs, HE WAS DONE. he has very little gas left in the tank and did not fight for yards anymore. let one of hte young guys take over. same reasomn Kmac was sent packing packing.

teams need to evolve, we cannot keep the same players every year, salary cap and developing talent make this impossible.

well at this point, would have using this money for MM been better spent?

TuckYou
03-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Michael Coe and Justin Tryon have also resigned. Wow.

No need for a cb now in the draft unless a stud falls to us.

nycsportzfan
03-13-2012, 05:43 PM
Looks like a lot as well but it could be a deal where he gets 2 mIllion this year and the Guarantees only kick in if they pick up an option exactly.. Also, he was our best playmaker and i'm sure reese has a idea of where TT is health wise more then anyone...

Drez
03-13-2012, 05:46 PM
Why is everyone so upset with this contract??!! its not like TT tore his ACL in january, he tore it in August, he will be fine to begin hte year, the Giants trainers im sure took every precaution before Reese offered this contract. also as stated, the contract contains a team option so if something happens htey have an out. All of you complaining that some of the money could have gone to Jacobs, HE WAS DONE. he has very little gas left in the tank and did not fight for yards anymore. let one of hte young guys take over. same reasomn Kmac was sent packing packing. teams need to evolve, we cannot keep the same players every year, salary cap and developing talent make this impossible. well at this point, would have using this money for MM been better spent?</P>

No, because the money MM would want would be more, and we'd arguably get less production from him than TT.</P>

JesseJames
03-13-2012, 05:49 PM
I'm wondering how many guys have lost their jobs in order for the team to pay out this kind of bucks to T2 . I don't pretend to have the answers to these kind of things but we don't even know how healthy his knee is and will he be able to perform at the level he was last year...

Drez
03-13-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm wondering how many guys have lost their jobs in order for the team to pay out this kind of bucks to T2 . I don't pretend to have the answers to these kind of things but we don't even know how healthy his knee is and will he be able to perform at the level he was last year...</P>

The answer to your question is none. No one whose job was not already in jeopardy has lost their job over TT's contract.</P>

Gimaniac
03-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Sounds like they have the option next year based on how he does this year. <FONT color=#000080 size=4>I'm sure Reese protected the team</FONT>.</P>

*</P>

$11M guaranteed is protecting the team ?

GMenNY21
03-13-2012, 06:00 PM
All you can do is pray the guy stays healthy... Because if he's 100% , he's worth that contract

Gmen2005
03-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Very very happy about this news.

Axels15
03-13-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm surprised so many of you don't like this move.

Damn, I'm ecstatic. Every team needs at least three good CBs, and lets face it, Ross was serviceable, but TT is better. Plus he led the team in tackles in 2010 (I think it was that year)

TT's a great player, and should be well suited for the nickel

netplus
03-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Why is everyone so upset with this contract??!! its not like TT tore his ACL in january, he tore it in August, he will be fine to begin hte year, the Giants trainers im sure took every precaution before Reese offered this contract. also as stated, the contract contains a team option so if something happens htey have an out. All of you complaining that some of the money could have gone to Jacobs, HE WAS DONE. he has very little gas left in the tank and did not fight for yards anymore. let one of hte young guys take over. same reasomn Kmac was sent packing packing. teams need to evolve, we cannot keep the same players every year, salary cap and developing talent make this impossible. well at this point, would have using this money for MM been better spent?</P>

No, because the money MM would want would be more, and we'd arguably get less production from him than TT.</P>

Manningham scored 3 TD's of the playoffs....not to mention the two huge catches on the superbowl winning drive.

Drez
03-13-2012, 06:08 PM

</P>

$11M guaranteed is protecting the team ?</P>

Obviously you haven't read the thread in its entirity or any of the reports on the contract. All sources seem to believe that the way that the contract is set up is that TT is only guaranteed $2m-$3m this year. There is a club option in year 2, likely in the form of a roster bonus that guarantees the remainder of the $11m. </P>

So, yes, that'd be protecting the team.</P>

Drez
03-13-2012, 06:10 PM

Manningham scored 3 TD's of the playoffs....not to mention the two huge catches on the superbowl winning drive.</P>

Yes, but overall we'll get more production out of our 2nd or 3rd CB than we would our 3rd WR.</P>

Also, if TT is actually back to full health that allows the rest of the defense, namely the safeties, to play their more natural positions. How valuable will it be to actually have Rolle play safety?</P>

Gimaniac
03-13-2012, 06:14 PM

*</P>

Obviously you haven't read the thread in its entirity or any of the reports on the contract. All sources seem to believe that the way that the contract is set up is that TT is only guaranteed $2m-$3m this year. There is a club option in year 2, likely in the form of a roster bonus that guarantees the remainder of the $11m. </P>

Thanks. All I heard was $11M guaranteed in all the media reports. Was there a link for the other info?

Drez
03-13-2012, 06:18 PM

</P>

Thanks. All I heard was $11M guaranteed in all the media reports. Was there a link for the other info?</P>

The exact details aren't known yet, but it seems that that's the way the contract is structured. I'll try to dig up a link from my twitter feed about it.</P>

Ha, looks like I had an article about it still open... here's the link: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/03/terrell-thomas-signs-for-four-years-284-million</P>

GMAN8625
03-13-2012, 06:20 PM
$11M Guarenteed!</p>

Wow!</p>

Waaaay too much IMO.</p>

Way to much.</p>

2 ACL injuries! </p>

Well, there goes our FA for anyone really.... Unreal. I think Reese made another bad signing here. Even if he is 100% like 2010, he isnt worth that money with Cweb and Prince. </p>

</p>

</p>

Ok General Manager TuckYou; what would you have offered Thomas? </p>

</p>

</p>

Def not that much. I thought he was a bit overrated in 2010. I love that we got him back, but this deal is big. Too big. We are up against the wall with $$$ right now and we blow it on T2? A CB coming off major knee surgery for the 2nd time? </p>

I guess I'll have to wait till the whole contract details come out, but I couldnt believe it when I first heard. I was thinking more like what they gave Kiwi last year. 2 years - 4M.</p>

I just feel we needed that money to go elsewhere. We have CWeb and Prince who was our #1 pick last year. How about giving Osi his money now...</p>
+1. I'd rather spend more money on Osi and keep him here long term. I like TT, but Ross would probably be the cheaper alternative.

How much longer is Webby gonna be playing for us though? He's getting up there in age a bit.

Drez
03-13-2012, 06:25 PM
$11M Guarenteed!</P>

Wow!</P>

Waaaay too much IMO.</P>

Way to much.</P>

2 ACL injuries! </P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

How much longer is Webby gonna be playing for us though? He's getting up there in age a bit.
</P>

Webster should be able to have another solid 4 years or so before seeing any appreciable drop off in play.</P>

bflo23
03-13-2012, 06:30 PM
I don't understand some of the hate on T2. Some people believe that he isn't even good?

1. T2 was a good reason why the Giants pass defense was the 9th ranked in 2010. In 2011, the Giants had the 29th ranked pass defense. And before people want to bring up "It is all about pressuring the QB", I have to say that the Giants had 46 sacks in 2010 and 48 sacks in 2011. The QB pressure from 2010 and 2011 was pretty similar but the pass defense due to T2 was far better in 2010. Big difference when pass defense is giving up like 210 yards w/ T2 and...... 255 yards in 2011!

2. In T2's senior college year, opposing QBs only completed 29% of the passes towards him. T2 is 2x Second-team All-Pac-10 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific-10_Conference). He was successful in his college career.

3. Can he cover? Yep. He had a ton of deflections (21 Passes deflections in 2010) and has 5 INTs in each of his 2 last seasons. Can he tackle? Unlike some other good CBs who avoid tackling or just horrible tacklers, he is all over and has a ton of tackles.

4. Sure it is a lot considering his injury but the Giants are protected and can get out of it. With T2, Webster, Prince and Ross, I think the Giants will have a pretty solid secondary in 2012 especially if the d-line puts lot of pressure. Giants are going to need all these CBs because the schedule is going to be a beast.

Itlan
03-13-2012, 06:34 PM
He can't play the ball in the air, and he struggles against big receivers. He's decent, he'll be our nickel with Prince and Webster out wide.

netplus
03-13-2012, 06:44 PM
He can't play the ball in the air, and he struggles against big receivers. He's decent, he'll be our nickel with Prince and Webster out wide.

We also won the last two super bowls without him.

bLuereverie
03-13-2012, 06:45 PM
Per PFT on TT Contract:

"Technically, Giants cornerback Terrell Thomas has signed a four-year $28 million deal with the Giants. Per a league source, however, it’s a one-year contract worth $2 million, with the remaining $26 million hinging on whether he plays well enough in 2012 to justify the team picking up the option."

Itlan
03-13-2012, 06:59 PM
It's a good deal, but I can't see TT ever playing well enough to justify $8+ a year.

bflo23
03-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Sounds like a good deal.... 1 year deal for $2 million.

If he plays bad or even average, Giants only pay $2 million for 2012 and let him go (if bad) or re-negotiate.

If he plays great, Giants keep him.

Axels15
03-13-2012, 07:01 PM
2 mill for first year

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/terrell-thomas-signs-prove-it-deal/

bflo23
03-13-2012, 07:04 PM
It's a good deal, but I can't see TT ever playing well enough to justify $8+ a year.

How do you figure +$8 million a year?...... $28/4 years = $7 million..... And only $2 million for first year. Giants can always cut him in the later years if he is bad.

Drez
03-13-2012, 07:10 PM
@bflo: TT is good, but he isn't nearly as good as many paint him. Like you said, he had 21 pds, but he was targeted 130 times. He gave up around 80 catches. He gave up a ton of yards (he gave up either the most or second most in the NFL) and tds. To say he was the difference between out pass defense this year and last is pretty silly and flies in the face of reality.

bflo23
03-13-2012, 07:13 PM
@bflo: TT is good, but he isn't nearly as good as many paint him. Like you said, he had 21 pds, but he was targeted 130 times. He gave up around 80 catches. He gave up a ton of yards (he gave up either the most or second most in the NFL) and tds. To say he was the difference between out pass defense this year and last is pretty silly and flies in the face of reality.

Where is your source for him being targeted 130 times and gave up 80 catches and that he gave up the most yardage and most TDs for any CB in the NFL?

TuckYou
03-13-2012, 07:15 PM

How do you figure +$8 million a year?...... $28/4 years = $7 million..... And only $2 million for first year. Giants can always cut him in the later years if he is bad.
</P>

Well, Im no Math Wiz, but 4yrs @ 28M - 1 yr @ 2M = 3yrs left @ 26M or 8.666M/yr if we keep him. But Im sure they would want to renegotiate on the contract.</P>

giantsfan420
03-13-2012, 07:16 PM
2 mill for first year

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/terrell-thomas-signs-prove-it-deal/

as i suspected and said, no one knew the details of the contract when everyone was wigging out. this contract is essentially a 1 year contract for very cheap, and if t2 plays great, the giants have first rights to him. EXCELLENT move by reese

Drez
03-13-2012, 07:23 PM
@bflo, it was posted here over the summer; I think it was either Football Outsiders or PFF. I'm on my phone right now, but I'll see if I can't dig the link up later.

Drez
03-13-2012, 07:25 PM

</P>

Well, Im no Math Wiz, but 4yrs @ 28M - 1 yr @ 2M = 3yrs left @ 26M or 8.666M/yr if we keep him. But Im sure they would want to renegotiate on the contract.</P> And that's saying he reaches full value of the contract, which isn't very likely to happen.

bflo23
03-13-2012, 07:29 PM

</p>

Well, Im no Math Wiz, but 4yrs @ 28M - 1 yr @ 2M = 3yrs left @ 26M or 8.666M/yr if we keep him. But Im sure they would want to renegotiate on the contract.</p>

I am talking about the entire contract. If the Giants keep him at that contract, it will still end up as a $7 million year player. He will have to play pretty much like a franchise CB to keep that contract. Franchise CB make $10.4 million.

nycsportzfan
03-13-2012, 07:49 PM
2 mill for first year http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/terrell-thomas-signs-prove-it-deal/ as i suspected and said, no one knew the details of the contract when everyone was wigging out. this contract is essentially a 1 year contract for very cheap, and if t2 plays great, the giants have first rights to him. EXCELLENT move by reese I totally agree.. Lets not forget, TT was poised to be our best player in the secondary this past season before injury, and the contract pays 2mill this yr, and as u said, if he plays like he was poised to play in 2011, then we got a sensational CB all ready signed up.. People don't realize how hard it is to find a playmaker at the CB positon with size, and we have one in TT...

Redeyejedi
03-13-2012, 08:08 PM
Details
Back to Thomas for some more info on his deal. As I mentioned in a previous post linking to a PFT report, he did get $2 million this season in the form of a $1 million signing bonus and a $1 million base salary. I also mentioned $2.75 million in playing-time incentives.
I got confirmation on some things from someone kept abreast of the details of the contract, who asked not to be named because the financials were to remain private.
To clarify, it's $1.75 million in incentives (up to 80-percent playing time) as well as a $1 million per-game roster bonus. So that's where you get the $2.75 million.
Now, as PFT noted, there's also an $11-million option bonus next season. That is not guaranteed. The point of the option bonus is for Thomas to prove he's healthy again. (The only guaranteed money is the $1-million signing bonus.)
If Thomas proves he's healthy, he'll earn up to $4.75 million this season. Not bad for a guy coming off two ACL injuries. Plus, in proving his health, he'll force the team to pick up the $11-million option, which is a tad more than the franchise tag for cornerbacks this year. So that's up to $15.75 million by this time next year. And then, he'll earn his 2013 base salary and all the bells and whistles from there on out.
In short, it's a great deal for both sides. The Giants protected themselves and Thomas, who wasn't going to get a lot of guaranteed money anywhere, gave himself a shot to earn some very good

So the Details are pretty much exactly what I said.

Firenugget
03-13-2012, 08:13 PM
I like it. The 1 year out makes it a great deal. If he doesn't perform or gets injured we walk and Prince gets another year under his belt before having to start.

nycsportzfan
03-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Details Back to Thomas for some more info on his deal. As I mentioned in a previous post linking to a PFT report, he did get $2 million this season in the form of a $1 million signing bonus and a $1 million base salary. I also mentioned $2.75 million in playing-time incentives. I got confirmation on some things from someone kept abreast of the details of the contract, who asked not to be named because the financials were to remain private. To clarify, it's $1.75 million in incentives (up to 80-percent playing time) as well as a $1 million per-game roster bonus. So that's where you get the $2.75 million. Now, as PFT noted, there's also an $11-million option bonus next season. That is not guaranteed. The point of the option bonus is for Thomas to prove he's healthy again. (The only guaranteed money is the $1-million signing bonus.) If Thomas proves he's healthy, he'll earn up to $4.75 million this season. Not bad for a guy coming off two ACL injuries. Plus, in proving his health, he'll force the team to pick up the $11-million option, which is a tad more than the franchise tag for cornerbacks this year. So that's up to $15.75 million by this time next year. And then, he'll earn his 2013 base salary and all the bells and whistles from there on out. In short, it's a great deal for both sides. The Giants protected themselves and Thomas, who wasn't going to get a lot of guaranteed money anywhere, gave himself a shot to earn some very good So the Details are pretty much exactly what I said. The bottom line is if he does prove hes healthy, its a great deal for us.. That is the only thing that could stop TT from not being a top CB in this league.. The guys the complete package. I'd be crushed if we'd of lost him, but then again, i expect him to be fully healthy... His injury was in August for godsake, hes gonna be plenty healed by first game of the season.. Hes are best playmaker in the entire secondary...