PDA

View Full Version : And So It Begins.......FA officially Started.. Post any news here

miked1958
03-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Although we all know the Giants wont make a big Splash this year, there will be noteworthy things of resignings, guys being Cut or Guys signing elsewhere...</p>

Post any News you here with Links in this Thread...............</p>

nygsb42champs
03-13-2012, 04:03 PM
WFAN just reported that Brandon Marshall has been traded to the Bears for 2 3rd round picks.

miked1958
03-13-2012, 04:05 PM
WFAN just reported that Brandon Marshall has been traded to the Bears for 2 3rd round picks.</P>

WOW!!!! talk about coming right out of the BOX with a HUGE move. The Bears looking to be HUGE players this season</P>

MikeIsaGiant
03-13-2012, 04:05 PM
DOLPHINS ARE ******ED

C1010
03-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Huge move for Chicago. People keep saying they are favored to land Mario Williams, this may have helped.

killerblue8787
03-13-2012, 04:08 PM
wow right off the bat good trade for both teams

TheBookOfEli
03-13-2012, 04:08 PM
DOLPHINS ARE ******ED

Yeah Peyton ain't going there now. He should go to Arizona.

hungrrrry
03-13-2012, 04:10 PM
"any news"</P>

TheBookOfEli
03-13-2012, 04:11 PM
And the bears i hear are going after Mario Williams!

Holy smokes, Williams and Peppers off the edges? Aaron Rodgers better watch out.

miked1958
03-13-2012, 04:13 PM
DOLPHINS ARE ******ED Yeah Peyton ain't going there now. He should go to Arizona.</P>

Was just thinking the same thing. No way Peyton goes there now. WOW. I guess maybe the dolphins then knew they were maybe out of the Peyton Race and therefore made this trade??/</P>

They were being annointed on ESPN First Take as the Team to beat if Peyton went there and Peytons favorite target from the Colts went with him along with Marshall, along with R.. Bush they would be solid.'</P>

Reggie Wayne couldnt think of his name</P>

hungrrrry
03-13-2012, 04:13 PM
DOLPHINS ARE ******ED Yeah Peyton ain't going there now. He should go to Arizona.Actually, for whatever reason, Peyton doesn't prefer to play with Marshal...I think likely because he is a premodanna WR and if Manning has his wish to bring in some of his guys from the colts, it might cause issues....you might look at this as a tip-off of where Manning will go.

miked1958
03-13-2012, 04:14 PM
And the bears i hear are going after Mario Williams! Holy smokes, Williams and Peppers off the edges? Aaron Rodgers better watch out.Wow. just wow if they get Mario...

miked1958
03-13-2012, 04:14 PM
"any news"</P>

</P>

Nothing yet on our Home Front.</P>

will be sure to post here if i hear anything. You guys do the same</P>

MikeIsaGiant
03-13-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm still laughing at how dumb that trade was. Dolphin fans are prob going crazy

bLuereverie
03-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Gerald Sensabaugh ? @Gsensabaugh
hey @terencenewman1 Great Playing with you these last 3 seasons. We know you're still a top corner in this league. I wish you the best.

Henry Hynoski @Hynocerus
@Gsensabaugh He sure looked low to me

ny06
03-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Marques Colstonagree's on new five-year deal with the Saints.</P>

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8279079b/article/saints-wr-colston-agree-on-new-fiveyear-deal?module=HP11_headline_stack</P>

michaelkhan3
03-13-2012, 04:20 PM

how is that good for the Dolphins? They now have no threats at WR. How will they try to persuade Peyton to go there if they trade their best WR what a stupid move

nhpgiantsfan
DOLPHINS ARE ******ED Yeah Peyton ain't going there now. He should go to Arizona.</P>

Was just thinking the same thing. No way Peyton goes there now. WOW. I guess maybe the dolphins then knew they were maybe out of the Peyton Race and therefore made this trade??/</P>

They were being annointed on ESPN First Take as the Team to beat if Peyton went there and Peytons favorite target from the Colts went with him along with Marshall, along with R.. Bush they would be solid</P>

</P>

Agreed!! I don't think this rules out Peyton at all. I think they are clearing salary to bring in Peyton and some of his friends....</P>

Itlan
hey @terencenewman1 Great Playing with you these last 3 seasons. We know you're still a top corner in this league. I wish you the best.

Henry Hynoski @Hynocerus
@Gsensabaugh He sure looked low to meLMFAO.

Roswell777
03-13-2012, 04:21 PM
At first I thought this was a LOTR thread. Lol

Mario Williams will be visiting Buffalo tonight as per ESPN. Cortland Finnegan to visitvRams and Jeff Fischer.

miked1958
03-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Marques Colstonagree's on new five-year deal with the Saints.</P>

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8279079b/article/saints-wr-colston-agree-on-new-fiveyear-deal?module=HP11_headline_stack</P>

</P>

I had heard that. They gave him BANK to. I dont think they have much Cap space left which means they will still lose some great players to FA</P>

LT_was_good
03-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Looks like we have this year's "Dream Team" brewing ... hope they save cap space for a backup QB.

bLuereverie
03-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Clarence Hill ? @clarencehilljr Close
the market is heating up for tight end Martellus Bennett.headed to visit the Giants tonight, drawing interest from Bears, Raiders, Bucs

MikeIsaGiant
03-13-2012, 04:24 PM

Henry Hynoski @Hynocerus

I never understood this, are these real football players or "agents" typing for them?

That was an awesome reply nonetheless

miked1958
03-13-2012, 04:26 PM

how is that good for the Dolphins? They now have no threats at WR. How will they try to persuade Peyton to go there if they trade their best WR what a stupid move
</P>

well i guess if they are getting cap room to bring in peyton and Reggie wayne and maybe a trade for Freeney.. then it would be good. </P>

killerblue8787
03-13-2012, 04:26 PM
It is clear the dolphins want to start fresh. They traded him for 2 2nd round picks got a few years of production not even great production mind you I think he is a little over rated as a wide reciever. They will get 2 3rds back, they still have devon bess and there are plenty of wideouts between free agency and the draft for them to build around. Good trade for the dolphins as well. Frees up cap for them to get big free agent as well.

ShockeyShow
03-13-2012, 04:28 PM

They were being annointed on ESPN First Take as the Team to beat if Peyton went there and Peytons favorite target from the Colts went with him along with Marshall, along with R.. Bush they would be solid</P>

</P>

Agreed!!* I don't think this rules out Peyton at all.* I think they are clearing salary to bring in Peyton and some of his friends....</P>

This is exactly what's happening. Why would anyone think that Peyton NEEDS Marshall? Look what he did with Pierre Thomas and Gonzalez. They still have Davone Bess, they'll bring in Reggie Wayne and make some big WR pickups in the draft or FA

BlueJayC
03-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Clarence Hill ? @clarencehilljr Close the market is heating up for tight end Martellus Bennett.headed to visit the Giants tonight, drawing interest from Bears, Raiders, Bucs</P>

Please God No.......ewwwww......</P>

bLuereverie
03-13-2012, 04:29 PM

Henry Hynoski @Hynocerus

I never understood this, are these real football players or "agents" typing for them?

That was an awesome reply nonetheless

The Sensabaugh one was real. The Hynoski one I made up.

Ntegrase96
03-13-2012, 04:30 PM
CB Brandon Carr to meet with Cowboys tonight.

[:D]

miked1958
03-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Cowboys release Newman and Kicker</P>

link</P>

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/13/cowboys-release-veteran-cb-newman/?module=HP11_headline_stack</P>

they also are looking to sign Jason Campbell.. lol</P>

bLuereverie
03-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Adam Schefter ? @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Free-agent CB Cortland Finnegan scheduled to visit Rams on Friday. Finnegan could rejoin Jeff Fisher.

nhpgiantsfan
03-13-2012, 04:34 PM

link</P>

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/13/cowboys-release-veteran-cb-newman/?module=HP11_headline_stack</P>

</P>

Damn!! I am gonna miss Newman..</P>

miked1958
03-13-2012, 04:35 PM

link</P>

</P>

</P>

Me to . Eli loved picking on him</P>

bLuereverie
03-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Mike Garafolo ? @MikeGarafolo Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Giants have signed CB Michael Coe and Justin Tryon plus TE Larry Donnell and OT Joel Reinders. #nyg

GMenNY21
03-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Martellus Bennett meeting with The Giants today...via Sheffter

bLuereverie
03-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Pierre Garcon ? @PierreGarcon85

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

I wanted you all to hear it from me 1st before u saw it on the news... I will be signing with the Washington... http://fb.me/1JhfoAIzY

Ntegrase96
03-13-2012, 04:54 PM
Apparently the Eagles and Bucs are battling it out to see who can get Carl Nicks in their door first.

...Let's go Bucs??

GMenNY21
03-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Apparently the Eagles and Bucs are battling it out to see who can get Carl Nicks in their door first.

...Let's go Bucs??
Man, are the eagles hogs or what? Every year they try to sign EVERYONE on the market... Still no championships though... :)

bLuereverie
03-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Michael Lombardi ? @michaelombardi

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Hearing KC corner Brandon Carr is working towards a deal with the Cowboys, big number, might get over 7 per year

Ntegrase96
03-13-2012, 05:01 PM

...Let's go Bucs??
Man, are the eagles hogs or what? Every year they try to sign EVERYONE on the market... Still no championships though... :)

They won't win it all, but they'll sign desirable FA's and derail a few other teams chances every now and then.

bLuereverie
03-13-2012, 05:03 PM
ESPN Blogs NFC East ? @espn_nfceast Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Schefter reports WR Josh Morgan also will sign with the Redskins. Wow.

giantman8493
03-13-2012, 05:04 PM
http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/4034

DownWitJPP
03-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Giants have signed CB Michael Coe and Justin Tryon plus TE Larry Donnell and OT Joel Reinders. #nyg

Good CB depth - Tryon and Coe Both looked good when given the opportunity. I hope they add Witherspoon to that list also

bLuereverie
03-13-2012, 05:16 PM

Good CB depth - Tryon and Coe Both looked good when given the opportunity. I hope they add Witherspoon to that list also

I believe Witherspoon is still signed.

DownWitJPP
03-13-2012, 05:21 PM

I believe Witherspoon is still signed.

just seen that in another thread. That's great news, I liked what i saw from him in the pre-season

Ntegrase96
03-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Rumor has it from unknown inside sources, Cowboys and Carr have reached a deal.

jjj45
03-13-2012, 05:36 PM
WFAN just reported that Brandon Marshall has been traded to the Bears for 2 3rd round picks.Dolphin's fans are so pissed right now. They can't believe it.

I'm with them. Beyond stupid move. Bears robbed 'em blind.

bLuereverie
03-13-2012, 05:50 PM

I heard he went there to sign the deal, not just check it out. The number I heard was 8.45mil per.

Michael Lombardi ? @michaelombardi Close
The Redskins are not done shopping for wide receivers,expect them to be strongly involved in signing Eddie Royal they want 3 new WR's

Ntegrase96
03-13-2012, 06:05 PM

I heard he went there to sign the deal, not just check it out. The number I heard was 8.45mil per.

Michael Lombardi ? @michaelombardi Close
The Redskins are not done shopping for wide receivers,expect them to be strongly involved in signing Eddie Royal they want 3 new WR's

Sounds more reasonable than the 7 million a year avg I've been hearing.

I Bleed Blue 56
03-13-2012, 06:07 PM

Hop you guys pick him up he will be a target Eli can pick on i still dont see this as an upgrade over newman but doesnt make your defense much better. Hes an average CB I thought you was going to go after Finnegan or Rodgers.

Ntegrase96
03-13-2012, 06:17 PM

Hop you guys pick him up he will be a target Eli can pick on i still dont see this as an upgrade over newman but doesnt make your defense much better. Hes an average CB I thought you was going to go after Finnegan or Rodgers.

Finnegan is 28, Rogers is 30. Both probably would command higher price tags than Carr who is just now hitting his prime and turns 26 in mid May.

tikiandphil
03-13-2012, 06:38 PM

link</P>

</P>

Thats what Eli is saying !!!!

tikiandphil
03-13-2012, 06:42 PM

Loved Tryon's effort, look forward to seeing him again. I also want Witherspoon back as his potential for playmaking seemed great.

giantman8493
03-13-2012, 06:48 PM
Giants will sign bennet.

bLuereverie
03-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Clarence Hill ? @clarencehilljr

Martellus Bennett doesnt plan to leave New York without a contract or the Gmen wont let him leave without one. He flying on a one way ticket

jjj45
03-13-2012, 07:01 PM

Martellus Bennett doesnt plan to leave New York without a contract or the Gmen wont let him leave without one. He flying on a one way ticketCrap...........

giantman8493
03-13-2012, 07:04 PM

Martellus Bennett doesnt plan to leave New York without a contract or the Gmen wont let him leave without one. He flying on a one way ticketCrap...........why is this bad

jjj45
03-13-2012, 07:07 PM

Martellus Bennett doesnt plan to leave New York without a contract or the Gmen wont let him leave without one. He flying on a one way ticketCrap...........why is this badThe guy was a clown while he was in Dallas and did squat. In an environment where they love to use TE's.

Ballard is doing just fine for us. Better blocker too.

DownWitJPP
03-13-2012, 07:14 PM

Martellus Bennett doesnt plan to leave New York without a contract or the Gmen wont let him leave without one. He flying on a one way ticketCrap...........why is this badThe guy was a clown while he was in Dallas and did squat. In an environment where they love to use TE's.

As much as i like Ballard, he will most likely miss most of the season and deff will start on PUP

Bennett (if we sign him) , Pascoe and Christian Hopkins are our only health tight ends

I think we still draft another TE

jjj45
03-13-2012, 07:26 PM
If for some reason we do sign Bennet, he'll at least be able to block well enough for Eli and our run-game.

DVision
03-13-2012, 07:29 PM

Bennett is a good blocker! Ballard is injured and we just resigned him so it's not like he's going anywhere, but it has already been established that he'll be on the PUP list to start the season.

It would be nice to have 2 decent tight ends that can either catch or block so we can stop tipping our hand on run plays by playing a tackle at the TE position.

ShockeyShow
03-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Everyone who is hating on Bennett is going to be singing a different tune after Week 1, guaranteed

jjj45
03-13-2012, 07:36 PM

Bennett is a good blocker! Ballard is injured and we just resigned him so it's not like he's going anywhere, but it has already been established that he'll be on the PUP list to start the season.

It would be nice to have 2 decent tight ends that can either catch or block so we can stop tipping our hand on run plays by playing a tackle at the TE position.ugh forgot about that with Ballard. My bad.

yeah MB's a decent blocker no doubt, but the dude has stone hands and tips balls up like crazy. Heaven forbid that happens to Eli again and sends you guys off the ledge.

DownWitJPP
03-13-2012, 07:37 PM
we have arguably the best TE coach in the league in Mike Pope

If Pope says he wants him, that's good enough for me

GMENAGAIN
03-13-2012, 07:58 PM
we have arguably the best TE coach in the league in Mike Pope If Pope says he wants him, that's good enough for me</P>

Did Pope agree with our selection of Beckum in the draft?</P>

miked1958
03-13-2012, 08:56 PM
anything on Mario? did he go and talk to Tampa.. what about Ross and the others

miked1958
03-13-2012, 09:46 PM
Don't know if this was already posted in here. Vincent Jackson signed a 5 year 55m contract with Tampa Bay

LT_was_good
03-13-2012, 09:47 PM
we have arguably the best TE coach in the league in Mike Pope If Pope says he wants him, that's good enough for me</P>

Did Pope agree with our selection of Beckum in the draft?</P>

</P>

</P>

Zing</P>

miked1958
03-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Skins signed garçon and Morgan

alau53
03-13-2012, 09:48 PM
down goes wayne..reggie wane resigns with luck's colts..cant wait for peyton to decide

miked1958
03-13-2012, 09:52 PM
Skins also perusing Eddie royal.

Don't get how they resigned their DE, signed Pierre to that blockbuster deal and the other deal while having this 36m cap hit. If we took that much of a hit, we'd be done.

Don't get how they make all these offseason major signings (which by the way never work out) yet they are still always way under the Cap

miked1958
03-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Wow thought he would follow Peyton. Very surprised

miked1958
03-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Talking about reggie wayne

miked1958
03-13-2012, 10:03 PM
I wonder if we will hear anything on MM and BJ tonight. Guess no one is knocking their doors down.

Also what about our meeting with M. Bennett?

DownWitJPP
03-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Cortland Finnegan signs 5 yr deal with Rams
5 years 50 Million...insane

miked1958
03-13-2012, 10:32 PM
Cortland Finnegan signs 5 yr deal with Rams
5 years 50 Million...insane
Wow. Crazy money flying around today.
Especially for a hothead like him

miked1958
03-13-2012, 10:33 PM
He'd be better off as a Hockey Player

miked1958
03-14-2012, 04:15 AM
Bump. Post over night movement here so we can check in one spot on morrning for all FA issues

miked1958
03-14-2012, 04:33 AM
Saints lose WR Robert Meachum to chargers
Link...
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7684082
It's a 4 year 25.9 Million deal with 14 Million in Guarantees. Wow

miked1958
03-14-2012, 04:37 AM
Jets resign LB Thomas to one year deal
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7682897

miked1958
03-14-2012, 09:10 AM
Good morning anything new to report?

ny06
03-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Buccaneers, Carl Nicks agree to 5-year, $47.5M contract</P>

Bucs alsoagreed to terms with CB Eric Wright on a five-year, $37.5 million contract.</P>

Trent Cole and the Eagles agree to a 4 year extension.</P>

</P>

miked1958
03-14-2012, 01:17 PM
Buccaneers, Carl Nicks agree to 5-year, $47.5M contract</P>

Bucs alsoagreed to terms with CB Eric Wright on a five-year, $37.5 million contract.</P>

Trent Cole and the Eagles agree to a 4 year extension.</P>

</P>

</P>

Wow so the Saints did wind up losing Nicks. also lost Meachum the WR. but they were able to lock up Coleston for 5 more years.</P>

miked1958
03-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Wow Megatron just signed the RICHEST Dealin NFLever. 7yrs 135million</P>

with 60 Million of that gauranteed money. WOW JUST WOW..</P>

Now i know what Nicks is thinking</P>

miked1958
03-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Tampa Bay is starting to look like last years Eagles. lol

miked1958
03-14-2012, 02:02 PM
Anyone hear anything else out there. Mario Williams still courting the Bills?? heard that the Bears also serious contenders for him

NYfanatic
03-14-2012, 02:07 PM
lol the bucs need a lot more then nicks and jackson...

NYfanatic
03-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Anyone hear anything else out there. Mario Williams still courting the Bills?? heard that the Bears also serious contenders for him
I heard its almost certain he is going to the bills.

ny06
03-14-2012, 02:08 PM
Anyone hear anything else out there. Mario Williams still courting the Bills?? heard that the Bears also serious contenders for him</P>

From what I read the Bills do not want him to leave Buffalo; It's reported they are willing to make him the highest paid defensive end in the NFL. </P>

He also has another visit scheduled. The identity of the team is unknown.</P>

Kase-1
03-14-2012, 02:15 PM
Tampa Bay is starting to look like last years Eagles. lolCept TB is signing some smart positions.

They locked up the best OL in FA, one of the best WRs in the league, and a damned good CB with Eric Wright

Who knows which Josh Freeman shows up this season though

GMENAGAIN
03-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Carlson just got 5 years, $25M from the Vikings . . . .

Kase-1
03-14-2012, 02:16 PM
<h6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline"><div class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:2}">In Reese We Trust (http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Reese-We-Trust/204765974855)</div></h6><h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1}"> <span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">NON
GIANTS NEWS: According to Adam Schefter: Kyle Orton has signed a 3yr
deal with the Dallas Cowboys. David Carr is 0-2 today. Looks like the
Giants might be his best option next season.</span></h6>

miked1958
03-14-2012, 04:21 PM
<H6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline">
<DIV class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft='{"type":2}'>In Reese We Trust (http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Reese-We-Trust/204765974855)</DIV></H6>
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>NON GIANTS NEWS: According to Adam Schefter: Kyle Orton has signed a 3yr deal with the Dallas Cowboys. David Carr is 0-2 today. Looks like the Giants might be his best option next season.</SPAN></H6>

</P>

Wow. looks like him and maybe even Jacobs may have to return with tails between their legs. lol</P>

miked1958
03-14-2012, 04:30 PM
There is a thread on this but i figured i would post it here to. Theres a report that the Giants just Inked M. Bennett to a 1yr deal...</P>

Have not been able to confirm it yet on Espn.com or NFL.com but there is a pick of him signing his contract. muct be true.</P>

miked1958
03-14-2012, 04:48 PM
anyone hear if MMs meeting with Vikings already happened? Tampa Bay?</P>

</P>

any bites on BJ?? Ross?</P>

miked1958
03-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Desean Jackson just signed a new 5yr deal with the Eagles. </P>

I guess he just did what Brees hopes to do. They assigned Djax the FT to keep him there so he wouldnt go into FA and then continued to work on a new deal without the added pressure of him going elsewhere for visits. Deal got done.</P>

Now Brees which was on ESPN First Take this morning doesnt sound as positive as he once did. He once was saying it will get done i have no doubt. Now he is saying he hopes it will get done. They are $5 Million apart per year. Quite a vast difference. wow</P>

miked1958
03-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Djax deal was 5 year 51million

miked1958
03-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Ok i see why all the posts stopped on this thread. It got moved to General Sports... I guess it is even though it has giants related stuff in it. thats why i made it. figured it would be easy to post our stuff (giants related on our FA moves) and post anyother big name guys moving around the league. </P>

now you have a ton of single threads about Djax, Carlson, Carr w/Dallas and a ton of others all in TAGF... oh well</P>

miked1958
03-14-2012, 04:59 PM
David Carr resigned 1 yr deal and will stay with Giants after 2teams he was talking to went in different directions. Dallas being one of them

miked1958
03-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Ross to visit Redskins on Friday

Kase-1
03-14-2012, 05:40 PM
<div class="UIImageBlock_Content UIImageBlock_MED_Content fsm fwn fcg"><div class="uiAttachmentTitle" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:11}">In Reese We Trust (http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150601493539856&amp;id=2047 65974855) </div><span class="caption"></span><div class="mts uiAttachmentDesc translationEligibleUserAttachmentMessage">BREAKING NEWS: Martellus Bennett (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Martellus-Bennett/108086232553584) is OFFICIALLY a member of the New York Giants (http://www.facebook.com/newyorkgiants)!!! #nyg #giants #allin

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/157903_204765974855_1322028587_q.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Reese-We-Trust/204765974855)<h6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline"><div class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:2}">In Reese We Trust (http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Reese-We-Trust/204765974855)</div></h6><h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1}"> <span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">Martellus Bennett signed a 1year $2.5 million deal. #nyg #giants #bigblue #allin</span></h6>
</div></div>

miked1958
03-14-2012, 05:56 PM
<DIV class="UIImageBlock_Content UIImageBlock_MED_Content fsm fwn fcg">
<DIV class=uiAttachmentTitle data-ft='{"type":11}'>In Reese We Trust (http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150601493539856&amp;id=2047 65974855) </DIV><SPAN class=caption></SPAN>
<DIV class="mts uiAttachmentDesc translationEligibleUserAttachmentMessage">BREAKING NEWS: Martellus Bennett (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Martellus-Bennett/108086232553584) is OFFICIALLY a member of the New York Giants (http://www.facebook.com/newyorkgiants)!!! #nyg #giants #allin

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/157903_204765974855_1322028587_q.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Reese-We-Trust/204765974855)
<H6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline">
<DIV class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft='{"type":2}'>In Reese We Trust (http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Reese-We-Trust/204765974855)</DIV></H6>
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>Martellus Bennett signed a 1year $2.5 million deal. #nyg #giants #bigblue #allin</SPAN></H6>
</DIV></DIV>

</P>

Yep. saw that. I think he will excel as a NYG. Make the Cowboys wish they kept him and wonder why he didnt do it with them. ELI and Pope will make him a different player. He with his blocking ability it will help our running game</P>

gmen46
03-14-2012, 05:57 PM
Tampa Bay is starting to look like last years Eagles. lolCept TB is signing some smart positions.*

They locked up the best OL in FA, one of the best WRs in the league, and a damned good CB with Eric Wright

Who knows which Josh Freeman shows up this season though

I think your last sentence represents the 600 pound gorilla the NFL media doesn't like to talk about right now.

I Bleed Blue 56
03-14-2012, 06:11 PM

Finnegan is 28, Rogers is 30. Both probably would command higher price tags than Carr who is just now hitting his prime and turns 26 in mid May.
</P>

Hey I believe you overpaid for your boy Carr. Especially since you got that cap penalty hes not worth 55 milion or so of what you gave him. Love how JJ does business.</P>

Ntegrase96
03-14-2012, 06:45 PM

</p>

Hey I believe you overpaid for your boy Carr. Especially since you got that cap penalty hes not worth 55 milion or so of what you gave him. Love how JJ does business.</p>

Don't get me started on the cap penalty. It looks like the Cowboys/Redskins may take action against the NFL as they were within compliance with NFL rules and the sanctions were illegal. That 5 million off this year, which is already not an enormous deal since we freed up roughly 15 million dollars in cap space yesterday (and have potentially more room coming), may eventually be given back.

I think the Carr deal was in place where we would have gotten him at an average of 8-9 a year, but then the Finnegan-Rams deal had the agent rethinking the contract. Dallas acted quickly, but not quickly enough as Finnegan inflated the market.

Brandon Carr is one of the better CBs in the league, definitely the best CB available in FA this year, and as I've mentioned he's young. He is just now entering his prime. Was he worth 10 million a year? That remains to be seen. Wish we could have gotten him for less, but we needed him and got the deal done.

The market for CBs is pretty competitive and we landed a pretty good one.

miked1958
03-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Peyton Hollis off market. Signed with KC

miked1958
03-14-2012, 08:51 PM
3m one year deal. Could of been us

NYfanatic
03-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Chad Henne goes to the Jags... two year deal.
To bad the jets could of used him to start over dirty sanchez...

miked1958
03-14-2012, 09:30 PM
Peyton Hollis off market. Signed with KC
So Tolbert and Bush still out there. Do we go for one of them. Do we resign BJ. Or do we stay in house with D. Scott who Reese is high on or Andre Brown?

Lots of questions

G-Men Surg.
03-14-2012, 09:41 PM

</p>

Hey I believe you overpaid for your boy Carr. Especially since you got that cap penalty hes not worth 55 milion or so of what you gave him. Love how JJ does business.</p>

Don't get me started on the cap penalty. It looks like the Cowboys/Redskins may take action against the NFL as they were within compliance with NFL rules and the sanctions were illegal. That 5 million off this year, which is already not an enormous deal since we freed up roughly 15 million dollars in cap space yesterday (and have potentially more room coming), may eventually be given back.

I think the Carr deal was in place where we would have gotten him at an average of 8-9 a year, but then the Finnegan-Rams deal had the agent rethinking the contract. Dallas acted quickly, but not quickly enough as Finnegan inflated the market.

Brandon Carr is one of the better CBs in the league, definitely the best CB available in FA this year, and as I've mentioned he's young. He is just now entering his prime. Was he worth 10 million a year? That remains to be seen. Wish we could have gotten him for less, but we needed him and got the deal done.

The market for CBs is pretty competitive and we landed a pretty good one.

WTH !!! Did Carr get 10 mil a year !?!?!?!?

miked1958
03-15-2012, 03:08 AM
I think Brandon did get 10m out of cowboys

miked1958
03-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Whats new today guys?? any big signings around the NFL yet. M Williams get out of Buffalo without being signed??? </P>

What other big names are still out there besides Peyton not signed yet</P>

Ntegrase96
03-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Saints sign G Ben Grubbs

miked1958
03-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Saints sign G Ben Grubbs
</P>

Yes I heard they were going after him HARD to replace Nicks... got there man i see. </P>

</P>

miked1958
03-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Just like you did with Carr. Had to get someone to replace Newman.</P>

and you got someone MUCH BETTER</P>

G-Men Surg.
03-15-2012, 11:32 AM
Suckers ! The cowboy got robbed ! Once again this proves JJ is not a good GM and I will stand by it like in the past. He is a good owner but awful GM . He just can't help it. He can't stop thinking like a fan first and start thinking like a true GM.

Ntegrase96
03-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Saints sign G Ben Grubbs
</p>

Yes I heard they were going after him HARD to replace Nicks... got there man i see. </p>

</p>

I don't know where they are getting all the money to do it. I'm sure they're restructuring contracts like crazy.

Good move by them.

Ntegrase96
03-15-2012, 11:46 AM
Suckers ! The cowboy got robbed ! Once again this proves JJ is not a good GM and I will stand by it like in the past. He is a good owner but awful GM . He just can't help it. He can't stop thinking like a fan first and start thinking like a true GM.

I don't see how so. He's Jonathan Joseph caliber who got a similar deal from the texans last year-- 5 years 48mils. It's just the market value of a quality cb.

I think Carr is a good fit for Rob Ryan's scheme who stresses the importance of corners above everything. 6'0" 208 lb CB with great awareness. He's gotten better with time and is beginning the prime of his career.

We'll have to wait to see if he's worth it, but right now it looks that way.

Ntegrase96
03-15-2012, 11:49 AM
Cowboys sign S Brodney Pool. Possibly another band-aid, not sure how long his contract is.

Another Rob Ryan guy like Elam was last year. Had his best year under Rob. Not too crazy about this signing, but it seems like an upgrade over Elam as far as defending the pass.

But run defense? He's the guy that was run over by Bradshaw when you played the Jets last year.

Ntegrase96
03-15-2012, 12:26 PM
Mario goes to the Dollar Bills

chizz
03-15-2012, 12:33 PM
biggest defensive deal/ Great that doesnt help our osi situation

gmen46
03-15-2012, 05:46 PM
Cowboys sign S Brodney Pool. Possibly another band-aid, not sure how long his contract is.

Another Rob Ryan guy like Elam was last year. Had his best year under Rob. Not too crazy about this signing, but it seems like an upgrade over Elam as far as defending the pass.

But run defense? He's the guy that was run over by Bradshaw when you played the Jets last year.

One of my favorite plays of the year :)

Bradshaw actually did a similar thing to Woodson, in our regular season game vs Packers--knocking him out of the game for awhile--but it wasn't a TD play, so didn't get much attention at the time. Woodson hit Bradshaw helmet-to-helmet, and knocked HIMSELF out of the game :)

Ntegrase96
03-15-2012, 05:48 PM

Bradshaw actually did a similar thing to Woodson, in our regular season game vs Packers--knocking him out of the game for awhile--but it wasn't a TD play, so didn't get much attention at the time. Woodson hit Bradshaw helmet-to-helmet, and knocked HIMSELF out of the game :)

Bradshaw is a hell of a runner. To me he's the most underrated player on your team.

Ntegrase96
03-15-2012, 05:50 PM
So Mario Williams contract is 100 million for 6 years with 50 guaranteed.

I still think to this day, Mario Williams is only benefiting from being chosen ahead of huge stars (at the time) Reggie Bush and Vince Young.

He just got paid like he is the best defensive player in the NFL. He's not even top 10... maybe not even top 15!

miked1958
03-15-2012, 06:44 PM

I still think to this day, Mario Williams is only benefiting from being chosen ahead of huge stars (at the time) Reggie Bush and Vince Young.

He just got paid like he is the best defensive player in the NFL. He's not even top 10... maybe not even top 15!
Agreed

miked1958
03-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Mario goes to the* Dollar Bills

Yea, the 100 million dollar Bills

miked1958
03-15-2012, 06:46 PM

Bradshaw actually did a similar thing to Woodson, in our regular season game vs Packers--knocking him out of the game for awhile--but it wasn't a TD play, so didn't get much attention at the time. Woodson hit Bradshaw helmet-to-helmet, and knocked HIMSELF out of the game :)Now he can run over Poole at least twice a year

miked1958
03-15-2012, 06:50 PM

So he went from being with a team that had a decent shot at playoffs and outside shot at a SB appearence if he stayed with Texans. Now he goes to a team that has no shot at anything playoff related.. All in the name of Money

bandwgn86
03-15-2012, 06:53 PM

wow...did Mario switch position to QB this offseason?

Ntegrase96
03-15-2012, 06:57 PM

wow...did Mario switch position to QB this offseason?

I suppose. And then he's going to hand it off to himself

jjj45
03-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Bradshaw is a hell of a runner. To me he's the most underrated player on your team

Definitely.

If our O-line could block worth a crap he'd be competing for the league rushing title.

gmen46
03-15-2012, 07:51 PM

Bradshaw is a hell of a runner. To me he's the most underrated player on your team.

He is underrated by many.

But I will say several of the guys on NFLNetwork, like Irvin, Sapp, Baldinger, some others, have all said really good things about his play and his value to the team, how he gives spark and attitude to the offense.

It was not coincidence that after he went down for 4 games, the giants went 1-3, then 3-2 after his return (including that heartbreaker loss to GB in final 58 seconds) before going 4-0 in post season.

Little guy, huge heart.

Ntegrase96
03-16-2012, 01:07 AM

But I will say several of the guys on NFLNetwork, like Irvin, Sapp, Baldinger, some others, have all said really good things about his play and his value to the team, how he gives spark and attitude to the offense.

It was not coincidence that after he went down for 4 games, the giants went 1-3, then 3-2 after his return (including that heartbreaker loss to GB in final 58 seconds) before going 4-0 in post season.

Little guy, huge heart.

Little guy. A lot of power.

Also, no coincidence he had the play to spark the 2007 championship run in buffalo.

Chew on this for a second. Without Bradshaw, it's likely you guys don't make the playoffs and win SB XLII. Coughlin is fired, Eli is traded, Tuck is an unknown...

Freaky.

He's just gotta stay healhy, but prior to the season I had him as the best RB in the NFCE. Of course now I have to put him behind McCoy, but he's still up there. Top 5-10 area.

gmen46
03-16-2012, 04:27 AM

Little guy, huge heart.

Little guy. A lot of power.

Also, no coincidence he had the play to spark the 2007 championship run in buffalo.

Chew on this for a second. Without Bradshaw, it's likely you guys don't make the playoffs and win SB XLII. Coughlin is fired, Eli is traded, Tuck is an unknown...

Freaky.

He's just gotta stay healhy, but prior to the season I had him as the best RB in the NFCE. Of course now I have to put him behind McCoy, but he's still up there. Top 5-10 area.

Pretty impressive for a Dallas fan to remember that 99 yard run in the 07 Bills game (even though it's you, still impressive).

He's yet 1 more reason why it's a waste for any team, these days, to draft a RB in the 1st rd. Yet, it still occasionally happens.

Flip Empty
03-16-2012, 07:06 AM
He's yet 1 more reason why it's a waste for any team, these days, to draft a RB in the 1st rd. Yet, it still occasionally happens.
I think it's worth it when an Adrian Peterson-type comes along. They're rare these days though.

miked1958
03-16-2012, 08:30 AM
So. We are now several days in to FA. With Mario Williams, Vincent Jackson and alot of the other Top names on the list already making their decisions. Who is left that is really NOTEWORTHY that has not made a choice yet. </P>

Of course excluding Peyton Manning of Course. lol</P>

and our guys MM, Ross, BJ, others. NO one has made a commiment yet to another team. </P>

Post any updates here please.</P>

I have a really busy schedule and dont have alot of time to go to different websites to check. Or have time to come on TAGF and scan through all the Tons of Threads on each different person. Easy to come in and check one thread for all the updates.</P>

miked1958
03-16-2012, 08:31 AM
Although when they switched this to General Sports It didnt get as many hits as it did the first day. But even though it has Giants related issues in it i do understand why it was moved.</P>

Yet every Tom **** and Harry are posting Threads about Mario Williams and Djax and whoever in TAGF..LOL</P>

Flip Empty
03-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Yeah, these boards are pretty messed up in that respect. There are multiple threads on every free agent.

Flip Empty
03-16-2012, 09:43 AM
Other notable guys would be Matt Flynn, Eric Winston, Marcus McNeill, Curtis Lofton, Stephen Tulloch, Tracy Porter... Brandon Lloyd is still available as well.

miked1958
03-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Other notable guys would be Matt Flynn, Eric Winston, Marcus McNeill, Curtis Lofton, Stephen Tulloch, Tracy Porter... Brandon Lloyd is still available as well.Wow still a good number of notables left plus all of our own guys. Wow

miked1958
03-16-2012, 05:26 PM
Other notable guys would be Matt Flynn, Eric Winston, Marcus McNeill, Curtis Lofton, Stephen Tulloch, Tracy Porter... Brandon Lloyd is still available as well.Wow still a good number of notables left plus all of our own guys. Wow
Well one of our own has been locked up for 5 years 12.5 Million contract!! The Giants sign Steve Weatherford to a long term deal.

miked1958
03-16-2012, 05:27 PM
Great News!!.,

Flip Empty
03-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Chiefs signed Eric Winston and Brady Quinn; Brandon Lloyd to the Pats. Looks like Manningham is off to St Louis.

miked1958
03-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Pats signed former colts WR Anthony Gonzales
And denver/rams Brandon Lloyd

Trying to get better at WR

miked1958
03-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Chiefs signed Eric Winston and Brady Quinn; Brandon Lloyd to the Pats. Looks like Manningham is off to St Louis.
Nope. He signed with SF

miked1958
03-18-2012, 07:07 PM
But u were right abt the other 2

miked1958
03-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Matt Flynn to Seattle with a 6 yr 26m deal

miked1958
03-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Miami must feel like the Red headed Step Child. First they Court Manning and don't get their man.

Then they turn their attention to Matt Flynn who visits the promptly signs with the Seahawks. Now they just got through meeting with Alex smith for 5 hours.

miked1958
03-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Wouldn't it be something if Alex goes with Miami. Which would hurt a lot of niner fans I know. And then SF somehow doesn't land manning. They'd be stuck with McNabb
Lol

miked1958
03-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Looks like P. Manning has decided on Denver. That means Tebow will be traded. That also means that the Titans and SF are out of luck. </P>

SF is in real trouble if they cant resign Alex Smith. Do they trade for Tebow. LOL. or do they use an untested 2nd draft pick from last season. </P>

Alex may spite them and sign with the dolphins. </P>

We will have to wait and see. Or maybe the dolphins will now pull back a little on the Alex talk and maybe they want to trade for tebow. does smith go to Tenn for a visit. crazy</P>

miked1958
03-19-2012, 06:39 PM
LeRon Landry signs one year deal with Jets

miked1958
03-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Garrard signs with dolphins. So I guess that leaves Alex smith to swallow his pride and resign with SF

miked1958
03-20-2012, 05:31 AM
A Ross to Jags for 3 yrs at almost 4m per yr. not woth it and he will never be heard from again.

miked1958
03-20-2012, 05:32 AM
Jags don't have the D line to protect him like he had with the giants. He will be exposed in Jacksonville for what he really is and be released within two yrs. also let's not forget he is also often injured

miked1958
03-20-2012, 08:34 PM
So Alex Smith Tucked his tail between his legs and went home to SF and signed the new contract. Guess he isnt as hurt as we all thought.</P>

I kinda think he getting the snub from Miami with them going for Garrard over him got him a little scared. He prob told his agent lets get back to SF quick and sign a deal before they trade for Tebow or someone else. Smith could of been on the outside looking in if that had happend with no team for 2012</P>

Ntegrase96
03-20-2012, 09:36 PM
So Alex Smith Tucked his tail between his legs and went home to SF and signed the new contract. Guess he isnt as hurt as we all thought.</p>

I kinda think he getting the snub from Miami with them going for Garrard over him got him a little scared. He prob told his agent lets get back to SF quick and sign a deal before they trade for Tebow or someone else. Smith could of been on the outside looking in if that had happend with no team for 2012</p>

Smith just isn't a very good QB and most likely wouldn't be a starter with most teams.

But the Dolphins are idiots. Maybe Smith isn't a great pick-up, but Garrard is no better. That team went from seeking Peyton to Flynn to Smith to Garrard. They fired on the best bargain and I would be flat out embarrassed to be a fan of theirs.

Good for Smith. At least he got to get back with a possible playoff contender next year.

ShockeyShow
03-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Tebow and Reggie Bush could possibly be the combo that could run an effective Option-game in the league

Flip Empty
03-20-2012, 11:43 PM
So Alex Smith Tucked his tail between his legs and went home to SF and signed the new contract. Guess he isnt as hurt as we all thought.</p>

I kinda think he getting the snub from Miami with them going for Garrard over him got him a little scared. He prob told his agent lets get back to SF quick and sign a deal before they trade for Tebow or someone else. Smith could of been on the outside looking in if that had happend with no team for 2012</p>

Smith just isn't a very good QB and most likely wouldn't be a starter with most teams.

But the Dolphins are idiots. Maybe Smith isn't a great pick-up, but Garrard is no better. That team went from seeking Peyton to Flynn to Smith to Garrard. They fired on the best bargain and I would be flat out embarrassed to be a fan of theirs.

Good for Smith. At least he got to get back with a possible playoff contender next year.

Garrard is a stop-gap. They'll probably trade up in the draft.

miked1958
03-21-2012, 10:33 PM
The nfl and Goodall just enabled the saints to resign Bree's to a long term deal. With the three suspensions they now have enough space to do it. Drew said he did not want to play under the franchise tag.

Not sure what the asst coach and GM make but Payton makes almost 8 mill per season.

So saints fans can think roger that they get to keep their QB

Manning2Niks
03-26-2012, 03:12 PM
The nfl and Goodall just enabled the saints to resign Bree's to a long term deal. With the three suspensions they now have enough space to do it. Drew said he did not want to play under the franchise tag.

Not sure what the asst coach and GM make but Payton makes almost 8 mill per season.

So saints fans can think roger that they get to keep their QB

Manning2Niks
03-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Huh? How did that move clear cap space?

miked1958
03-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Huh? How did that move clear cap space?
Not sure some guys say one has nothing to do with the other. But in a different thread over a week ago there was a story called "Saints Super? Not really"

In it the writer was saying that the saint ps should use some of the money they will save to re sign Drew because of Payton, asst coach and GM all losing some all all of their money for 2012.

They if true should not be allowed. That money should be taken away from the saints by the league.

If it was true then teams would redo FO people's deals all the time to take advantage to stay under the cap

miked1958
03-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Looks like Steve Smith will play 2012 in St. Louis.

He signed with the Rams tonight

miked1958
03-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Here's the website:

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7740903

miked1958
03-26-2012, 11:47 PM
Buffalo re-signed Derek Hagen

miked1958
03-30-2012, 11:33 PM
Giants lose devin Thomas and BJ

miked1958
03-30-2012, 11:34 PM
Also Andre brown suspended four games for violating nfl policy on performance enhancing drugs

miked1958
03-30-2012, 11:34 PM
That is not good news considering we already lost Brandon