PDA

View Full Version : Where does Manningham go??

PRFan
03-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Looks like the bears got Marshall, Redskins got Garcon, Colston is staying put and Tampa is getting VJ?

Where does that leave Mario thus far?

JesseJames
03-13-2012, 06:31 PM
Looks like the bears got Marshall, Redskins got Garcon, Colston is staying put and Tampa is getting VJ?

Where does that leave Mario thus far?I'd be happy if MM didn't go anywhere

Drez
There's still plenty of teams that need a WR. I could see him going to NE, actually. They need a vertical threat.</P>

Gmen2005
shot in the dark, chargers.

GMenNY21
03-13-2012, 06:33 PM
Dophins, Chargers, Patriots.... Giants???

Axels15
03-13-2012, 06:39 PM
Well, if VJ is going to Tampa, I could see MM going to somewhere like San Francisco, Minnesota, Miami, Oakland, San Diego or St. Louis

BlueBlooded1979
03-13-2012, 06:45 PM
Tampa has plenty of cap room. They could add him as a complimentary piece.

Miami could bring him in as well. He is great route runner but his weakness was read options and Philbins system (if anything like GB) does not feature many of those.

Flip Empty
03-13-2012, 06:46 PM
Manning to Manningham 2 in Miami haha

bLuereverie
03-13-2012, 06:47 PM
I say Cincy.

Homestate team, better than Cleveland, 40+million to spend, nice addition opposite AJ Green.

keyofgmen
03-13-2012, 06:47 PM
Bengals

Drez
03-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Bengals
I don't know about that. I know he said he'd like to play for a warm weather team. So, allvthings being equal, Miami or SD seems more likely.

And, yes, I know I said NE, but playing for an org like the Pats trumps weather.

keyofgmen
03-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Bengals
I don't know about that. I know he said he'd like to play for a warm weather team. So, allvthings being equal, Miami or SD seems more likely.

And, yes, I know I said NE, but playing for an org like the Pats trumps weather.

Bengals have plenty of CAP $ and Dalton would love this. I think it is a real possibility. Show him the $ and he will wear long johns! ( I know you are probably too young to know what those are..HAHAHA).

Drez
03-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Bengals

Bengals have plenty of CAP $ and Dalton would love this. I think it is a real possibility. Show him the $ and he will wear long johns! ( I know you are probably too young to know what those are..HAHAHA). I'm plenty old enough to remember long johns, lol.

However, the Bengals probably wouldn't be willing to give MM enough money to counter another offer from a warm weather team (or one with a record of success like the Pats).

Also, with a team like Miami or SD, he'd be the #1 or at least a primary target, which he values and something Cincy can't deliver.

keyofgmen
03-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Bengals

Bengals have plenty of CAP $ and Dalton would love this. I think it is a real possibility. Show him the $ and he will wear long johns! ( I know you are probably too young to know what those are..HAHAHA). I'm plenty old enough to remember long johns, lol.

However, the Bengals probably wouldn't be willing to give MM enough money to counter another offer from a warm weather team (or one with a record of success like the Pats).

Also, with a team like Miami or SD, he'd be the #1 or at least a primary target, which he values and something Cincy can't deliver.

Could be great compliment to A.J.

Mr Excitement
03-13-2012, 07:57 PM
His facebook page says he is visiting the Bills tomorrow

GiantLegend
03-14-2012, 02:53 AM
I want him to stay here.

I feel like the new CBA really screwed teams chances of creating a dynasty. This hard cap really screwed us. We shouldn't have to let this many Super Bowl heroes walk.

I like Mario better than Cruz, he has shown his value more than one season worth. I'd much rather resign Mario than having to worry about Cruz next season.

RagTime Blue
03-14-2012, 03:01 AM
I want him to stay here.

I feel like the new CBA really screwed teams chances of creating a dynasty. This hard cap really screwed us. We shouldn't have to let this many Super Bowl heroes walk.

<font size="6">I like Mario better than Cruz, he has shown his value more than one season worth. </font>I'd much rather resign Mario than having to worry about Cruz next season.

Showing value and showing extremely high value are two different things.

titwio
03-14-2012, 03:03 AM
His facebook page says he is visiting the Bills tomorrow

I think they're confusing him for Mario Williams...I can't find anything on Manningham visiting Buffalo.

GiantLegend
03-14-2012, 03:23 AM
Ok, we can go consistent value. Mario has been solid for more than just a year.

No need to overpay for something that could be a flash in the pan. Remember he struggled early on before injuries. I'd much rather commit to a proven player. Seems to only make sense.

Cruz had one very good season. I need to see more before I commit money that Manningham and Nicks are deserving of.

giantsfan420
03-14-2012, 04:15 AM

No need to overpay for something that could be a flash in the pan. Remember he struggled early on before injuries. I'd much rather commit to a proven player. Seems to only make sense.

Cruz had one very good season. I need to see more before I commit money that Manningham and Nicks are deserving of.

i m a fan of mm but wtf are u talkling about. the only consistency with mm is his inconsistency. he's never even came close to the year cruz had.
the stats cruz put up may happen once in his career, guess what, thats a better year than 95% of the wr's in the nfl ever have.

cruz has proven he is a solid, consistent, evasive, elusive route runner and tremendous YAC player. MM has similar qualities like YAC and explosiveness, but his route running isn't even close and in term of a season, was nowhere near as consistent as Cruz.

you could ask every team in the nfl, pick cruz or mm which one do u take, every single one would choose cruz before you finished asking the question.

cruz has alread established being a more proven player than mm. BB wasn't saying "make cruz beat us" he was saying "make MM beat us" and for good reason.

id be stoked if MM returned, but he'd be the 3 wr. he's actually never even been better than the 3 when we had 3 quality healthy wr's. smith and nicks have always been ahead of him on the depth chart and cruz was this season as well.

i'd actually even prefer smith to mm with nicks and cruz tbh.

mm is the next best thing.

Bohemian
03-14-2012, 04:24 AM
Lions, Cardinals or Argonauts.

Flip Empty
03-14-2012, 04:34 AM
Cruz demonstrated insane ball skills, hands and evasiveness all season long. It's not like he was just running simple go routes all the time. His numbers may go down next year but his talent won't diminish.

miked1958
03-14-2012, 05:13 AM
In another thread someone said he had a visit set up with the Vikings

PRFan
03-14-2012, 05:18 AM
I don't want him to go at all. I thought it was Tampa for sure but VJ signed for 11m per year, don't know how much $$ they have for receivers...

nycsportzfan
03-14-2012, 05:33 AM
I always thought Jacksonville would throw doe at em.. They need weapons for Gabbert badly, and they could sign mario and then Draft a Bigger, stronger WR type in RD 1 or 2, or 3 of the draft, like a Michael Floyd, Juron Criner, Marvin McNutt, Stephen Hill, Tommy Streeter, or Alshon Jefferey... I said jacksonville before, and i'll stick by it for the time being...

nycsportzfan
03-14-2012, 05:33 AM
I always thought Jacksonville would throw doe at em.. They need weapons for Gabbert badly, and they could sign mario and then Draft a Bigger, stronger WR type in RD 1 or 2, or 3 of the draft, like a Michael Floyd, Juron Criner, Marvin McNutt, Stephen Hill, Tommy Streeter, or Alshon Jefferey... I said jacksonville before, and i'll stick by it for the time being...

gmen46
03-14-2012, 06:03 AM

I understand the concept of being a little cautious in declaring a player's actual worth after only one season. I do.

But you are really not understanding the nature of Cruz's accomplishment this, his first actual season.

Not only did he set a new Giants' receiving record--an incredible achievement in itself--but he accomplished what very few even great WRs accomplish.

Just for example, Brandon Marshall has NEVER had a 1500 yard season. Andre Johnson has surpassed 1500 yards only twice in his 9 year career. Calvin Johnson has only 1 season breaking 1500 yards in his 5 year career, this past season.

Cruz is the real deal, not some flash-in-the-pan.

jparmer
03-14-2012, 06:50 AM
I like Mario but his route running is atrocious at times. When your qb has that look of "wtf!" after an incompletion its obvious. I think MM needs to reevaluate his actual value. All these receivers being scooped up day 1 and his still sitting by the phone?

giantsfan420
03-14-2012, 06:54 AM

I understand the concept of being a little cautious in declaring a player's actual worth after only one season. I do.

But you are really not understanding the nature of Cruz's accomplishment this, his first actual season.

Not only did he set a new Giants' receiving record--an incredible achievement in itself--but he accomplished what very few even great WRs accomplish.

Just for example, Brandon Marshall has NEVER had a 1500 yard season. Andre Johnson has surpassed 1500 yards only twice in his 9 year career. Calvin Johnson has only 1 season breaking 1500 yards in his 5 year career, this past season.

Cruz is the real deal, not some flash-in-the-pan.

exactly my sentiments earlier

GameTime
03-14-2012, 09:29 AM
I want him to stay here. I feel like the new CBA really screwed teams chances of creating a dynasty. This hard cap really screwed us. We shouldn't have to let this many Super Bowl heroes walk. I like Mario better than Cruz, he has shown his value more than one season worth. I'd much rather resign Mario than having to worry about Cruz next season.</P>

1.....the NFL DOESN'T WANT DYNASTIES ANYMORE. Thats one of the reason for FA and caps</P>

2....MM more value then Cruz???? Sorry bro.....way off here. I like MM too but keeping Cruz is way more of a priority than keeping MM.....</P>

BJacobs aka The Problem
03-14-2012, 10:16 AM
I want him to stay here. I feel like the new CBA really screwed teams chances of creating a dynasty. This hard cap really screwed us. We shouldn't have to let this many Super Bowl heroes walk. I like Mario better than Cruz, he has shown his value more than one season worth. I'd much rather resign Mario than having to worry about Cruz next season.</P>

1.....the NFL DOESN'T WANT DYNASTIES ANYMORE.* Thats one of the reason for FA and caps</P>

2....MM more value then Cruz???? Sorry bro.....way off here. I like MM too but keeping Cruz is way more of a priority than keeping MM.....</P>

Eh, I think it's way too early to determine that. Cruz had a great year last year, I will not take that away from him, but the year before when practically every WR we had went down, Mario stepped in as a #1 and had a great stretch. If I remember correctly, he posted a few games of 100 yards with Hagan starting opposite of him.

Just think about it like this, during the Superbowl, Belicheck wanted to bottle up Cruz which he did successfully. He forced Manningham to beat him, which Manningham did successfully. The only thing he didn't accomplish was taking Nicks out of the game.

I'll say this, I think Cruz and Manningham have equal value. Nicks is always going to demand coverage, but I think Cruz and Manningham need each other to create match up problems for the secondary so that one can get open. It still kind of worries me that NE's secondary was able to make Cruz a non-factor for most of the game.

RoanokeFan
03-14-2012, 01:13 PM

I would have thought we'd seen the last of the posts suggesting Cruz is just a "flash in the pan." Am I reading correctly that you believe Mario Manningham is a better receiver than Victor Cruz?

I realize Mario made a catch in the Super Bowl that lead to our victory. But in order to be in the Super Bowl we had to get their first. Nicks and Cruz are the wide receivers that got us there. For sure, it was a T E A M effort. But, as far as wide receivers are concerned, it is indisputable who made the plays during the regular season.

I also would like Mario to remain a GIANT but re-writing history is not going to make it happen. I am waiting to see where Mario goes and for how much. It could be he won't get a better offer than we offered and he'll be back. Unlikely, but possible.

BillTheGreek
03-14-2012, 02:16 PM
We should keep him........If not Good Luck to Him.

Rich4114
03-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Buffalo, Miami, or the Jets

RoanokeFan
03-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Buffalo, Miami, or the Jets

New England may have an interest

MattMeyerBud
03-14-2012, 02:39 PM

Miami, Cleveland, NE, Seattle, Jags, Minn, Rams

then there rae some teams that may be paying that are looking for a high #2 WR:

Buff, Balt , Titans, Broncos, Panthers, Cards, 9ers

AND if Mike Wallace gets taken from the Steelers - i could see Steelers taking a stab

Kase-1
03-14-2012, 02:51 PM

AND if Mike Wallace gets taken from the Steelers - i could see Steelers taking a stab
I could def see him getting big money from a team that needs a good #2 WR.... Dont forget Houston, they have NOBODY outside of Andre in their WR corp

If he goes to a team that needs a #1 WR I can see him being in trouble and not producing, but if he goes to a team with an established #1 WR then he could def flourish

titwio
03-14-2012, 02:57 PM
It's weird that he hasn't scheduled any meetings with teams yet. I heard he turned Cleveland down for one and now I'm hearing the Ravens who were interested are going to address receiver likely from their draft...

Maybe he's not done in NY?

MattMeyerBud
03-14-2012, 03:40 PM

<a class="account-group js-account-group js-action-profile js-user-profile-link" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/AdamSchefter" data-user-id="51263592"><strong class="fullname js-action-profile-name">Adam Schefter[/b]
<span>?</span>
<span class="username js-action-profile-name"><s>@</s>AdamSchefter</span>
</a>
<ul class="actions js-actions"><li class="action-open-container">

<a class="with-icn js-open-close-tweet" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/AdamSchefter/status/179995810455486464">
<span class="close-tweet" title="Close Tweet"> Close</span>

</a>
[/list]

<p class="js-tweet-text">Three teams having early conversations with Giants free-agent WR Mario Manningham: SF, MIA, BUF.</p><p class="js-tweet-text">
</p><p class="js-tweet-text">
</p>

Diamondring
03-14-2012, 03:41 PM
The best combo qb and home playing field that will suit his speed and agility. I think the Cards may be the best solution or even the Colts.

Medisleman
03-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Bengals

You mean an organization that has been proven guilty of cheating and hasn't been able to win the Superbowl since?

BJacobs aka The Problem
03-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Maybe he's waiting to see where Peyton goes. Had success with one Manning, why not try the other. :P

KennyPhillips21
03-14-2012, 03:44 PM
He'll be a dolphin they need a wr bad

JesseJames
03-14-2012, 05:25 PM
if you take away the catch Mario had in the SB he is just a good #3 WR, nothing special and I hope teams around the league see him the same way and don't offer him a ridiculous figure so we can resign him because he fits right here but only as a #3 WR.

Diamondring
03-14-2012, 06:20 PM
if you take away the catch Mario had in the SB he is just a good #3 WR, nothing special and I hope teams around the league see him the same way and don't offer him a ridiculous figure so we can resign him because he fits right here but only as a #3 WR.All the wrs have some issues and all of them playing together cancelled each other out. Mario will be good somewhere else like a team with a good wr and a te with a back who can catch. Most teams have those two or are looking for that. If Mario can find a team that needs one more piece, then he may be that player. Mario did do well in 2010 when Smith was hurt and out.

Kase-1
03-14-2012, 06:42 PM

<a class="account-group js-account-group js-action-profile js-user-profile-link" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/AdamSchefter" data-user-id="51263592"><strong class="fullname js-action-profile-name">Adam Schefter[/b]
<span>?</span>
<span class="username js-action-profile-name"><s>@</s>AdamSchefter</span>
</a>
<ul class="actions js-actions"><li class="action-open-container">

<a class="with-icn js-open-close-tweet" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/AdamSchefter/status/179995810455486464">
<span class="close-tweet" title="Close Tweet"> Close</span>

</a>
[/list]

<p class="js-tweet-text">Three teams having early conversations with Giants free-agent WR Mario Manningham: SF, MIA, BUF.</p><p class="js-tweet-text">
</p><p class="js-tweet-text">
</p>
I hope he doesnt go to Miami, he'd get double covered every play and never produce. At least with SF and Buffalo he'd have some offensive help

I have nothing against Super Mario, dude has to strike while the iron is hot. Its not like the whole Steve Smith debacle, LOL