PDA

View Full Version : Beat Dallas twice plus win one more

ggrammas
12-06-2011, 11:36 PM
and we win the Divsion - and the tie breaker ----- based on the high level of play against the Packers- Eli'sinterception to Matthews run back for TD was the difference</P>

remember the high scoring tight loss against NE in 07 - then we won the next four and SB</P>

</P>

Gianthunter
12-07-2011, 12:39 AM
1 It aint 2007. 2 don't look for lightning to strike twice aint gonna happen.

harrycarson
12-07-2011, 03:06 AM
If we beat Dallas Sunday night I say we win the division as the 2nd one is at home the last week. We will beat Da skins, I think the Jets game will be a toss up and irrelevant as going into the last week the best we can be in my opinion is 1 game up on Dallas with that game being the deciding factor for the tiebreak as well for division record......</P>

1st think is first, MUST win Sunday night or season is over!</P>

repeatchamps
12-07-2011, 09:54 AM
If we beat Dallas Sunday night I say we win the division as the 2nd one is at home the last week. We will beat Da skins, I think the Jets game will be a toss up and irrelevant as going into the last week the best we can be in my opinion is 1 game up on Dallas with that game being the deciding factor for the tiebreak as well for division record......</P>

</P>

Must win Sunday is absolutely correct. There's a scenario that if the Giants win the next three and Dallasloses thegameagainst Philly before the New Year's Day rematch with the Giants, the Giants automatically clinch the NFC East and the New Year's Day game is rendered meaningless. This is because the common opponents records would be in the Giants favor and Dallas would not be able to win a tie-breaker.</P>

Dallas must also face Tampa in Tampa which is not aneasy win.</P>

chizz
12-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Easier said than done

MikeIsaGiant
12-07-2011, 11:03 AM
I can see us splitting with Dallas and beating the Skins and Jets.

For some reason, I don't see us beating Dallas twice, if we do... well then that means we go 4-0 out there.

If the Redskins beats us twice, we SUCK.
And I want to say the Giants will beat the Jets because they aren't that good

bleedinblue27
12-07-2011, 11:07 AM
why didn't the cowboys play the packers this year??

repeatchamps
12-07-2011, 11:08 AM
I can see us splitting with Dallas and beating the Skins and Jets.

For some reason, I don't see us beating Dallas twice, if we do... well then that means we go 4-0 out there.

If the Redskins beats us twice, we SUCK.
And I want to say the Giants will beat the Jets because they aren't that good
</P>

Well that's fine as long as the Giants oneloss comes in Week 17 after Dallas has lost to Philly and the Giants have beeaten the Jets and Skins. The Giantsstill win the division if that happens.</P>

repeatchamps
12-07-2011, 11:12 AM
why didn't the cowboys play the packers this year??</P>

The same reason why Philly and Washington didn't. The NFC East played the NFC West this yearnot the NFC North. TheNFC Eastplayed the team in each of the NFC South and NFC North that finished in the same place last season as the NFC East team did.</P>

BigBlue187
12-07-2011, 11:16 AM
why didn't the cowboys play the packers this year??</p>

The same reason why Philly and Washington didn't. The NFC East played the NFC West this yearnot the NFC North. TheNFC Eastplayed the team in each of the NFC South and NFC North that finished in the same place last season as the NFC East team did.</p>

Yeah, we got lucky because the two best teams in those divisions happened to finish in second last year lol

barran21
12-07-2011, 11:22 AM

The same reason why Philly and Washington didn't. The NFC East played the NFC West this yearnot the NFC North. TheNFC Eastplayed the team in each of the NFC South and NFC North that finished in the same place last season as the NFC East team did.</p>

Yeah, we got lucky because the two best teams in those divisions happened to finish in second last year lol

Winning the division got the Eagles an easier schedule this season, and if we win the division we get to face the Packers again and the Niners because we face the NFC south next season, hahahahaha someone hates us, lol.

repeatchamps
12-07-2011, 11:22 AM

The same reason why Philly and Washington didn't. The NFC East played the NFC West this yearnot the NFC North. TheNFC Eastplayed the team in each of the NFC South and NFC North that finished in the same place last season as the NFC East team did.</P>

</P>

Look at it this way: Giants lost to GB and New Orleans.</P>

Philly lost to Atlanta and the Bears anyway. </P>

Dallas lost to Detroit and may very well still lose to Tampa at Tampa. </P>

Skins lost to Carolina and may still easily lose to the Vikings as well.</P>

Spytheweb
12-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Dallas could lose all games left. On the road at TB, Eagles at home and 2 games vs. NYGs. This is NY's last road game.

RugDaniels
12-07-2011, 02:36 PM
I'm starting to get fired up for Sunday's game. I always start to get excited a few days before a big game. I'm not going to be able to sit through all those games Sunday waiting to see the Giants that night.

miked1958
12-07-2011, 02:58 PM
and we win the Divsion - and the tie breaker ----- based on the high level of play against the Packers- Eli'sinterception to Matthews run back for TD was the difference</P>

remember the high scoring tight loss against NE in 07 - then we won the next four and SB</P>

</P>

</P>

How can you talk about any type winning streak when we have not even won a game in over 4wks??</P>

How can we even think that we can go into dallas and win when we couldnt beat seahawks at home, a pathetic philly team at home. i know we played the Pack close and lost a tough game out in SF and another tight one vs Cards. BUT 4 losses in a row is 4 losses in a row. no way to put a positive spin on that. this game sunday night has to be viewed by giants players and staff as a do or die playoff game. end of story. </P>

JMFP2
12-07-2011, 03:11 PM
I'm just wondering who the Giants will take with the last pick of the 1st round.

Seriously though, if the Giants can't get up for this one, forget it.

miked1958
12-07-2011, 07:29 PM

</P>

Must win Sunday is absolutely correct. There's a scenario that if the Giants win the next three and Dallas*loses the*game*against Philly before the New Year's Day rematch with the Giants, the Giants automatically clinch the NFC East and the New Year's Day game is rendered meaningless. This is because the common opponents records would be in the Giants favor and Dallas would not be able to win a tie-breaker.</P>

Dallas must also face Tampa in Tampa which is not an*easy win.</P>

Are we talking division common opponents or all? Because we would have split with the skins and Philly and beat Dallas once making us 3-2 in div prior to last Dallas game. They would have swept skins and been swept by the eagles and have the one loss to us making them 2-3 prior to the last game against us. I would think that if they beat us in that final game we would both then be 3-3 with a split against each other. Does it go to other common opp or conference record next? They would for sure have us beat conf record wise. As far as the other common opp's I would have to look it up but off top of my head they got us on SF and Seattle as we lost to both of them. We both beat buffalo, Miami, rams.

We beat the pats and cards they did not. They lost to jets and we did not play them yet. That puts them at 5-3 and us at 5-2. So if we beat jets we got em 6-2 to 5-3 on overall common opp. So I guess that breaks the tie? As we would both be 3-3 in div after a final week win over us but we would already have them on the overall common opp prior to that game making the game meaningless? Or if it's overall conf record first everything I just said goes out the window. Lol.

galaxy10
12-07-2011, 07:39 PM
The LBs are supposed to be good this year in the draft. I am missing the days when we had studs for LBs. Can we just get a gamer for the MLB. I have been really envious of the MLB of the Broncos (a rookie whose name escapes me). We really could use a gamer here. But, it seems not to be one of Reese's concerns, it has really hurt us this year. What if he had addressed it? Jones has not been looking good, not sure if he has the smarts for it. I thought he would be better. We really need to address this issue.

miked1958
12-07-2011, 07:51 PM

</P>

Must win Sunday is absolutely correct. There's a scenario

that if the Giants win the next three and Dallas*loses the*game*against Philly before the New Year's Day rematch with the Giants, the Giants automatically clinch the NFC East and the New Year's Day game is rendered meaningless. This is because the common opponents records would be in the Giants favor and Dallas would
not be able to win a tie-breaker.</P>

Are we talking division common opponents or all? Because we would have split with the skins and Philly and beat Dallas once
making us 3-2 in div prior to last Dallas game. They would have swept skins and been swept by the eagles and have the one loss to us making them 2-3 prior to the last game against us. I would think that if they beat us in that final game we would both then be 3-3 with a split against each other. Does it go to other common
opp or conference record next? They would for sure have us beat conf record wise. As far as the other common opp's I would have to look it up but off top of my head they got us on SF and Seattle as we lost to both of them. We both beat buffalo, Miami, rams.

We beat the pats and cards they did not. They lost to jets and we did not play them yet. That puts them at 5-3 and us at 5-2. So if we beat jets we got em 6-2 to 5-3 on overall common opp. So I
guess that breaks the tie? As we would both be 3-3 in div after a final week win over us but we would already have them on the overall common opp prior to that game making the game
meaningless? Or if it's overall conf record first everything I just said goes out the window. Lol.

So if it's overall common opp's then it could come down to us
beating the jets to make the game the following week meaningless. If we lost to jets while they lose to philly then it would make both of our overall common opp record identical at 5-3 making the final game a winner take all game as they would own the next tiebreaker which is conference record.

repeatchamps
12-07-2011, 08:02 PM

</P>

Must win Sunday is absolutely correct. There's a scenario that if the Giants win the next three and Dallasloses thegameagainst Philly before the New Year's Day rematch with the Giants, the Giants automatically clinch the NFC East and the New Year's Day game is rendered meaningless. This is because the common opponents records would be in the Giants favor and Dallas would not be able to win a tie-breaker.</P>

Are we talking division common opponents or all? Because we would have split with the skins and Philly and beat Dallas once making us 3-2 in div prior to last Dallas game. They would have swept skins and been swept by the eagles and have the one loss to us making them 2-3 prior to the last game against us. I would think that if they beat us in that final game we would both then be 3-3 with a split against each other. Does it go to other common opp or conference record next? They would for sure have us beat conf record wise. As far as the other common opp's I would have to look it up but off top of my head they got us on SF and Seattle as we lost to both of them. We both beat buffalo, Miami, rams. We beat the pats and cards they did not. They lost to jets and we did not play them yet. That puts them at 5-3 and us at 5-2. So if we beat jets we got em 6-2 to 5-3 on overall common opp. So I guess that breaks the tie? As we would both be 3-3 in div after a final week win over us but we would already have them on the overall common opp prior to that game making the game meaningless? Or if it's overall conf record first everything I just said goes out the window. Lol.</P>

It shakes out like this:</P>

Common opponents results if the scenario I described plays out (and yes common opponents is the third tie breaker for divisiontitleafter head-head and division record which would both beidentical if this scenario plays out instituting the common opponents tie breaker):</P>

NFC West Opponents: Giants 2-2, Dallas 3-1</P>

AFC East Opponents: Giants 4-0, Dallas 2-2</P>

NFC East Opponents: Giants 3-3, Dallas 3-3</P>

Overall Common opponents Total record: Giants 9-5, Dallas 8-6</P>

Giants win tie-breaker</P>

</P>

miked1958
12-07-2011, 08:15 PM

</P>

Must win Sunday is absolutely correct. There's a scenario that if the Giants win the next three and Dallas*loses the*game*against Philly before the New Year's Day rematch with the Giants, the Giants automatically clinch the NFC East and the New Year's Day game is rendered meaningless. This is because the common opponents records would be in the Giants favor and Dallas would

Are we talking division common opponents or all? Because we would have split with the skins and Philly and beat Dallas once making us 3-2 in div prior to last Dallas game. They would have swept skins and been swept by the eagles and have the one loss to us making them 2-3 prior to the last game against us. I would think that if they beat us in that final game we would
both then be 3-3 with a split against each other. Does it go to other common opp or conference record next? They would for sure have us beat conf record wise. As far as the other common opp's I would have to look it up but off top of my head they got us on SF and Seattle as we lost to both of them. We both beat buffalo, Miami, rams. We beat the pats and cards they did not. They lost to jets and we did not play them yet. That puts them at 5-3 and us at 5-2. So if we beat jets we got em 6-2 to 5-3 on overall common opp. So I guess that breaks the tie? As we would both be 3-3 in div after a final week win over us but we would already have them on the overall common opp prior to that game making the game meaningless? Or if it's overall conf record first everything I just said goes out the window. Lol.</P>

Common opponents results if the scenario I described plays out:</P>

*</P>
I don't think that's right. Cause we would both be 2-2 in the games against the other two teams. However all I can think of to explain what you are saying is this. We split with both. Because they swept the skins doesn't matter even though we didn't sweep anyone we also were not swept. So I think it Cancels itself out. So it's better to split then sweep and be swept? Didn't know that? I would think our games against Philly and skins would be a wash

repeatchamps
12-07-2011, 08:21 PM

</P>

Are we talking division common opponents or all? Because we would have split with the skins and Philly and beat Dallas once making us 3-2 in div prior to last Dallas game. They would have swept skins and been swept by the eagles and have the one loss to us making them 2-3 prior to the last game against us. I would think that if they beat us in that final game we would both then be 3-3 with a split against each other. Does it go to other common opp or conference record next? They would for sure have us beat conf record wise. As far as the other common opp's I would have to look it up but off top of my head they got us on SF and Seattle as we lost to both of them. We both beat buffalo, Miami, rams. We beat the pats and cards they did not. They lost to jets and we did not play them yet. That puts them at 5-3 and us at 5-2. So if we beat jets we got em 6-2 to 5-3 on overall common opp. So I guess that breaks the tie? As we would both be 3-3 in div after a final week win over us but we would already have them on the overall common opp prior to that game making the game meaningless? Or if it's overall conf record first everything I just said goes out the window. Lol.</P>

</P>

I don't think that's right. Cause we would both be 2-2 in the games against the other two teams. However all I can think of to explain what you are saying is this. We split with both. Because they swept the skins doesn't matter even though we didn't sweep anyone we also were not swept. So I think it Cancels itself out. So it's better to split then sweep and be swept? Didn't know that? I would think our games against Philly and skins would be a wash</P>

Here's the thing, if they don'tgrab a win against Philly that means the Giants beat every opponent in the division but Dallas didn't. Sweeping the Skins helps them in no way if the Giantssnag a win against the Skins and they lose to Philly. This is what makes this tie-breaker specific to common opponent.</P>

miked1958
12-07-2011, 08:23 PM

</P>

Must win Sunday is absolutely correct. There's a scenario that if the Giants win the next three and Dallas*loses the*game*against Philly before the New Year's Day rematch with the Giants, the Giants automatically clinch the NFC East and the New Year's Day game is rendered meaningless. This is because the common opponents records would be in the Giants favor and Dallas would

Are we talking division common opponents or all? Because we would have split with the skins and Philly and beat Dallas once making us 3-2 in div prior to last Dallas game. They would have swept skins and been swept by the eagles and have the one loss to us making them 2-3 prior to the last game against us. I would think that if they beat us in that final game we would
both then be 3-3 with a split against each other. Does it go to other common opp or conference record next? They would for sure have us beat conf record wise. As far as the other common opp's I would have to look it up but off top of my head they got us on SF and Seattle as we lost to both of them. We both beat buffalo, Miami, rams. We beat the pats and cards they did not. They lost to jets and we did not play them yet. That puts them at 5-3 and us at 5-2. So if we beat jets we got em 6-2 to 5-3 on overall common opp. So I guess that breaks the tie? As we would both be 3-3 in div after a final week win over us but we would already have them on the overall common opp prior to that game making the game meaningless? Or if it's overall conf record first everything I just said goes out the window. Lol.</P>

*</P>
I don't think that's right. Cause we would both be 2-2 in the games against the other two teams. However all I can think of to explain what you are saying is this. We split with both. Because they swept the skins doesn't matter even though we didn't sweep anyone we also were not swept. So I think it Cancels itself out. So it's better to split then sweep and be swept? Didn't know that? I would think our games against Philly and skins would be a wash
Ok wait. U changed your post. Lol. U orig said that it didn't matter that we lost to skins and they swept them. If they lose to Philly twice that's all that matters. I knew that didn't send right. So I was right. It does come down to the jets if we win next two and they lose to,Philly. That would give us a 6-2 vs 5-3 common opp record edge as we would both be 3-3 if they beat us that last game in div. so it had nothing to do with how u explained it

repeatchamps
12-07-2011, 08:26 PM

</P>

</P>

I don't think that's right. Cause we would both be 2-2 in the games against the other two teams. However all I can think of to explain what you are saying is this. We split with both. Because they swept the skins doesn't matter even though we didn't sweep anyone we also were not swept. So I think it Cancels itself out. So it's better to split then sweep and be swept? Didn't know that? I would think our games against Philly and skins would be a wash Ok wait. U changed your post. Lol. U orig said that it didn't matter that we lost to skins and they swept them. If they lose to Philly twice that's all that matters. I knew that didn't send right. So I was right. It does come down to the jets if we win next two and they lose to,Philly. That would give us a 6-2 vs 5-3 common opp record edge as we would both be 3-3 if they beat us that last game in div. so it had nothing to do with how u explained it</P>

Check my last reply. I know itis allquite confusing. The Jets game for us and Philly game for themare the key deciders for this particular scenario. You are correct and it is best to look at the outside of division games to know who gets the tie-breaker. The reason it has to be a loss to Philly and not a loss to Tampa is so that the Giants and Cowboys division record falls into a tie allowing for the common opponent tie-breaker procedure to go into effect.</P>

krygny
12-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Dallas could lose all games left. On the road at TB, Eagles at home and 2 games vs. NYGs. This is NY's last road game.

The problem with that is, win or lose, we tend to play better on the road (except for the past two weeks). Hopefully, it's a trend reversal.

tonyt830
12-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Ideally I would love to see the Giants win out and take some momentum into the playoffs. Divisional games are more important for both the Cowboys and Giants now.</P>

</P>

I know that in most scenarios the Jets game is not as important to the Giants, should they beat the Cowboys and Redskins. But I dont want to hear Rex and the Jets running their mouths about beating the Giants. </P>

miked1958
12-07-2011, 10:42 PM
That one more win we need besides beating Dallas twice slipped away Sunday. Could of already been tied with them at 7-5

shotcalla39
12-07-2011, 11:25 PM
and we win the Divsion - and the tie breaker* -----* based* on the high level of play* against the Packers-** Eli's*interception to Matthews run back for TD was the difference</P>

remember the high scoring tight loss against NuhE in 07 - then we won the next four and SB</P>

*</P>

</P> y

How can you talk about any type winning streak when we have not even won a game in over 4wks??</P>

How can we even think that we can go into dallas and win when we couldnt beat seahawks at home, a pathetic philly team at home. i know we played the Pack close and lost a tough game out in SF and another tight one vs Cards. BUT 4 losses in a row is 4 losses in a row. no way to put a positive spin on that. this game sunday night has to be viewed by giants players and staff as a do or die playoff game. end of story. </P>

I agree a loss is. Loss but I think the team is feeling good about themselves now and having Boleyn and Bradshaw and Blackburn back really gives the team a boost to win on sundaY ... Also I thought it was conference record before common opponents?

P_Simms_#11
12-07-2011, 11:53 PM
I'm just happy it's the last primetime game this season.

miked1958
12-08-2011, 12:28 AM

Unless we make the playoffs. Lol

miked1958
12-08-2011, 12:33 AM
and we win the Divsion - and the tie breaker* -----* based* on the high level of play* against the Packers-** Eli's*interception to Matthews run back for TD was the difference</P>

remember the high scoring tight loss against NuhE in 07 - then we won the next four and SB</P>

*</P>

</P> y

I agree a loss is. Loss but I think the team is feeling good about themselves now and having Boleyn and Bradshaw and Blackburn back really gives the team a boost to win on sundaY ... Also I thought it was conference record before common opponents?
I thought so to but they are saying it goes from head to head to common, to conference. But u are right. All common opponents always includes four AFC teams, so u would think they would look at your conference games first. In the case of giants the common is the better as they can't tie anyone this year conf record wise

harrycarson
12-08-2011, 12:57 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Well Fella, Seatlle is a tough team when they run the ball efficiently and do not turn it over, factor that in and they can beat anyone, yes I said it, anyone. Philly game is a division game which is a toss up, Cards are tough at home, as well as SF. Gmen are tough if the defense can slow down Romo. If we let Romo get hot we are screwed, end of story.</P>

P_Simms_#11
12-08-2011, 02:18 AM

True. I am cautiously optimistic.

miked1958
12-08-2011, 10:20 AM

True. I am cautiously optimistic.
</P>

We will need to play at like the first game on a Sat or Sun. Still primetime but not under the lights maybe. lol</P>

</P>

miked1958
12-08-2011, 10:24 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Well Fella, Seatlle is a tough team when they run the ball efficiently and do not turn it over, factor that in and they can beat anyone, yes I said it, anyone. Philly game is a division game which is a toss up, Cards are tough at home, as well as SF. Gmen are tough if the defense can slow down Romo. If we let Romo get hot we are screwed, end of story.</P>

</P>

Ok. I think if we are to come out with a win at Dallas we will need to get out to a big lead early and hold onto it down the stretch. The Eli 4th quarter game saving drives are getting old. Besides if we leave more then 50 seconds on the clock after we score it will all be for nothing. NO. we have to get a huge lead by Eli slinging it and mixing in some runs and then break away from them with a turnover or 2 that we score off of either on the turnover or by getting it so close in their end that it is an easy converison for a TD somewhat like Blackburns Pick. </P>

If we can have maybe a 2 or 3 score lead when it starts getting down to the last part of the game i think our D could hold up the lead. If its close i dont trust them</P>

RoanokeFan
12-08-2011, 10:35 AM

Winning the division got the Eagles an easier schedule this season, and if we win the division we get to face the Packers again and the Niners because we face the NFC south next season, hahahahaha someone hates us, lol.

But, when you play the better teams and win, you're a better football team. I think we're going to beat Dallas in both games as long as we don't take anything for granted. I'm hoping Boley plays most of the game and I really hope Boothe and Petrus play as well. We finally made some holes open up for the running game.

It seems likely Baas won't play for the rest of the year and I hope he's going to be OK.

miked1958
12-08-2011, 11:04 AM

But, when you play the better teams and win, you're a better football team. I think we're going to beat Dallas in both games as long as we don't take anything for granted. I'm hoping Boley plays most of the game and I really hope Boothe and Petrus play as well. We finally made some holes open up for the running game.

It seems likely<FONT color=#0000ff> Baas</FONT> won't play for the rest of the year and I hope he's going to be OK.

</P>

I know this is way off the subject of your Post or this Thread. I should of made a new Thread for this (think i still may make its own thread) but I just realized that we...........</P>

FORsure have alot ofBs.... Boley and Bradshaw back and Signing of Blackburn and Blackmon (is Bernard still playing LOL)...and also lets not for get Ballard, Beckum, Barden, Baas, Boothe and Breweron offense.. lol. Wecould bethe reincarnation of the DolphinsKiller Bees of the70s. I realize they were all on D but it is funny.You also have BRANDON and BEAR on Offense. A. Brown and lets not forget double BB, Brandon Bing on PS as well as Beatty on IR. Crazy 14 B last names and3 B first names. didnt realize it.</P>

Maybe the Gmen will "B" good enough to "B"eat the Cowboys on Sunday night. LOL</P>

gianta
12-08-2011, 05:50 PM
the way we played green bay,makes me believe we can beat any team!!

britishblue2
12-08-2011, 06:03 PM
1 It aint 2007. 2 don't look for lightning to strike twice aint gonna happen.

ahh, so you can see into the future now. Whats this weekends lotto numbers? i want me some playoff tickets and a nice crib in manhatten