PDA

View Full Version : JACOBS ON HIS WAY BACK? PLEASEEEEEE

NYG4lifeNYK
03-13-2012, 06:39 PM
<h2><span class="js-stream-title"></span><small class="time"><span class="_timestamp js-short-timestamp " data-time="1331674081000" data-long-form="true"></span> (https://twitter.com/#%21/AKinkhabwala/status/179680235745312768)</small>https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/406612465/mug2_normal.jpg
<strong class="fullname js-action-profile-name">Aditi Kinkhabwala[/b]
<span>?</span>
<span class="username js-action-profile-name"><s>@</s>AKinkhabwala</span></h2>

<div class="stream js-stream-manager-container">
<div class="js-stream-manager" id="profile-stream-manager"><div class="stream-container"><div data-component-term="stream" class="stream"><div class="stream-item">

</div><div class="stream-item">

</div><div style="display: block;" class="stream-item">

</div>

<div class="js-stream-items stream-items" id="stream-items-id"><div media="true" class="js-stream-item stream-item stream-item expanding-stream-item last-new-tweet" data-item-id="179680235745312768" data-item-type="tweet"><div class="tweet original-tweet js-stream-tweet js-actionable-tweet js-hover js-profile-popup-actionable js-original-tweet colored-links colored-actions hover" data-tweet-id="179680235745312768" data-item-id="179680235745312768" data-retweet-id="179680504512131072" data-screen-name="AKinkhabwala" data-user-id="71468442" data-is-reply-to="false"><div class="content"><div class="stream-item-header"><a class="account-group js-account-group js-action-profile js-user-profile-link" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/AKinkhabwala" data-user-id="71468442">
</a>

</div>
<p class="js-tweet-text">Source tells me Brandon Jacobs went to NYG
HQ tooday to see Coughlin. Said not going to rush decision and was
mellow. Reunion possible?</p></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div>

Desepx
03-13-2012, 06:40 PM
hope the big man comes home

Harooni
03-13-2012, 06:44 PM
Like a nerdy girl on sat night , his phone was not ringing.

Axels15
03-13-2012, 06:44 PM
Is it bad that I'd rather have Tolbert?

Harooni
03-13-2012, 06:48 PM
Is it bad that I'd rather have Tolbert?

its not.

i love BJ's passion and he can be a beast, however he has to get it out of his head that he is this featured finesse type back.

TheEnigma
03-13-2012, 06:50 PM
I'd rather have Doug Martin. He could fulfill Harooni's Tiki fetish :)

Harooni
03-13-2012, 06:53 PM
never!!!

i think secretly BJ wanted to be like Tiki. (running style wise)

hungrrrry
03-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Is it bad that I'd rather have Tolbert?No, not at all! I think it is ridiculus that thereare so many people willing to toss away what little cap space we have on a hesitant, ineffective RB! Why would you not want to improve? Just to see Jacobs truck one or two more people in his career? Two seasons straight he was average or worse...come on people!!!

TrueBlue@NYC
03-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Like a nerdy girl on sat night , his phone was not ringing.</P>

I doubt any of the RBs' phones will be ringing much on the first day. Teams are seeing more and more that it's not a position to sink alot of money into unless you've got an elite talent. </P>

Outside of the top 5 backs in the league, once you get to #6 - 20 there's really not all that much different b/t them and their potential production. </P>

We let AB hit FA and he didn't get that much action. Even took MIA a while to sign reggie bush. Unfortunately for BJ he's cometing with similar bruising backs in Tolbert, Bush and Benson. </P>

TuckYou
03-13-2012, 07:05 PM
Id take him back. Obviously he loves it here too. Its kinda one of those love hate relationships we have with him. He loves us then he hates us (fans), we love him then we hate him (4th and 1).</P>

I would like to get Jacobs back, and he obviously isnt getting more then 1.5M unless his brother from another mother Bradshaw gives him a few bucks back. </P>

Strahan4gov
03-13-2012, 07:10 PM
Like a nerdy girl on sat night , his phone was not ringing.

You hit the nail on the head 110%

Harooni
03-13-2012, 07:11 PM
you all are right he just loves NY. perhaps the lower offer was becuase of some other issue we are not aware of.

you cant help but like BJ . he can be a beast at times. if only he understood that he is big as hell just fall foward for a yard for god sakes. no more tip toing and dancing bear stuff.

foosball
03-13-2012, 07:23 PM
What's that Mr. Jacobs? Reality on the line?

Harooni
03-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Like a nerdy girl on sat night , his phone was not ringing.</P>

I doubt any of the RBs' phones will be ringing much on the first day. Teams are seeing more and more that it's not a position to sink alot of money into unless you've got an elite talent. </P>

its true, however everyone knew BJ was being released 4-5 days ago, teams that would be very interested would have called his agent already to set up interviews.

Strahan4gov
03-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Ohm Youngmisuk ? @NotoriousOHM Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Can definitely see that RT @ebenezersamuel: Justin Tuck says he hears there is "still a chance" that Brandon Jacobs may return to Giants

jparmer
03-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Come on back bj. My fingers are crossed

Firenugget
03-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Is it bad that I'd rather have Tolbert?No, not at all! I think it is ridiculus that thereare so many people willing to toss away what little cap space we have on a hesitant, ineffective RB! Why would you not want to improve? Just to see Jacobs truck one or two more people in his career? Two seasons straight he was average or worse...come on people!!!

I agree. And Tolbert trucks a few himself. I'd rather have Tolbert hands down. He runs like BJ "should" run.

Firenugget
03-13-2012, 08:17 PM
bleh double postz.

radar-ray
03-13-2012, 11:02 PM
Is it bad that I'd rather have Tolbert?No, not at all! I think it is ridiculus that there*are so many people willing to toss away what little cap space we have on a hesitant, ineffective RB! Why would you not want to improve? Just to see Jacobs truck one or two more people in his career? Two seasons straight he was average or worse...come on people!!!

I agree. And Tolbert trucks a few himself. I'd rather have Tolbert hands down. He runs like BJ "should" run.
Tobert won't do ---t either if the OL plays like it did last year during the regular season! Difference between 2010 (BJ-5+ ypc) and 2011 (BJ-3.7 ypc, AB- 3.8 ypc) the OL performance.

Flip Empty
03-13-2012, 11:08 PM
Is it bad that I'd rather have Tolbert?No, not at all! I think it is ridiculus that there*are so many people willing to toss away what little cap space we have on a hesitant, ineffective RB! Why would you not want to improve? Just to see Jacobs truck one or two more people in his career? Two seasons straight he was average or worse...come on people!!!

Tobert won't do ---t either if the OL plays like it did last year during the regular season! Difference between 2010 (BJ-5+ ypc) and 2011 (BJ-3.7 ypc, AB- 3.8 ypc) the OL performance.
Exactly. People tend to focus on stat sheets rather than taking the entire situation into consideration.

miked1958
03-13-2012, 11:12 PM

Exactly. People tend to focus on stat sheets rather than taking the entire situation into consideration.Agreed

G.I. Ants
03-13-2012, 11:20 PM
BJ belongs here. I feel he should play another 2 years then retire and join the coaching staff.

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
03-13-2012, 11:41 PM
Jacobs is a fan favorite and has stuck with the team through some hard times.

He hates our rivals just as much as the fans do, and has proven multiple times he can be unselfish on and off the field. Dude has a passion that gets the other players and the fans going.

I hope he comes back, and I hope he stays a Giant and retires a Giant!

Harooni
03-14-2012, 12:11 AM
he might be back after testing the fa waters. i know he loves being a giant.

and a lot of fans including me would like him back now that his cap number wont be 6mill.

only thing is will we all be fustrated if he struggles with the short yardage.

JJC7301
03-14-2012, 12:18 AM
<h2><span class="js-stream-title"></span>*<small class="time"><span class="_timestamp js-short-timestamp " data-time="1331674081000" data-long-form="true"></span> (https://twitter.com/#%21/AKinkhabwala/status/179680235745312768)</small>https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/406612465/mug2_normal.jpg
<span>?</span>

<div class="js-stream-manager" id="profile-stream-manager"><div class="stream-container"><div data-component-term="stream" class="stream"><div class="stream-item">

</div>

<div class="js-stream-items stream-items" id="stream-items-id"><div media="true" class="js-stream-item stream-item stream-item expanding-stream-item last-new-tweet" data-item-id="179680235745312768" data-item-type="tweet"><div class="tweet original-tweet js-stream-tweet js-actionable-tweet js-hover js-profile-popup-actionable js-original-tweet colored-links colored-actions hover" data-tweet-id="179680235745312768" data-item-id="179680235745312768" data-retweet-id="179680504512131072" data-screen-name="AKinkhabwala" data-user-id="71468442" data-is-reply-to="false"><div class="content"><div class="stream-item-header"><a class="account-group js-account-group js-action-profile js-user-profile-link" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/AKinkhabwala" data-user-id="71468442">
</a>

</div>
+1. I reeealllly hope so, but for the right price. But I really hope so.

NY_Eli
03-14-2012, 12:19 AM
BJ belongs here. I feel he should play another 2 years then retire and join the coaching staff.

Jacobs on the coaching staff?!?!

Dear god.....

G-Men Surg.
03-14-2012, 12:20 AM
I dig Martin a lot but not with the 1st pick , that would be a huge reach ( sort of ) and don't think he will be there at 64, or will he ?

netplus
03-14-2012, 12:22 AM
Sign TE Bennett
Sign OT Winston
Cut Diehl
Sign Jacobs

Jacobs and Bradshaw each run for 1000 yards

CLR
03-14-2012, 12:25 AM
I dig Martin a lot but not with the 1st pick , that would be a huge reach ( sort of ) and don't think he will be there at 64, or will he ?

If any pro scouts scouted the kid he will not.

G-Men Surg.
03-14-2012, 03:23 AM

There are a lot of mock drafts with him going in the 2 nd round and even some in the end of the first. Interesting seeing what the FO would do if he still sitting there in the second. A lot could be decide if BJ comes back . That been said theres going to be a lot of talent to choose from in the 2nd even in the end. Difficult indeed for Reese and Co if this scenario comes true.

giantsfan420
03-14-2012, 04:09 AM

There are a lot of mock drafts with him going in the 2 nd round and even some in the end of the first. Interesting seeing what the FO would do if he still sitting there in the second. A lot could be decide if BJ comes back . That been said theres going to be a lot of talent to choose from in the 2nd even in the end. Difficult indeed for Reese and Co if this scenario comes true.

i have not seen one mock where martin gets drafted in the first, and most have him going after lamar miller and that VT rb i always forget his name...and Miller is usually at the middle-end of the 2nd in every reputable mock.

the rb position has been devalued tremendously in the draft.

and when u think about this class, it will be even more so. u have one 1rst round talent in trent richardson, after him the drop off is steep.

plus, miller fits our system better anyways. he is a bruiser with the way he plays, but he has tremendous speed and quickness. almost a combo of tiki and jacobs...he compares to clinton portis.

martin will be there in the 3rd most likely.

BlueSanta
03-14-2012, 04:18 AM

i have not seen one mock where martin gets drafted in the first, and most have him going after lamar miller and that VT rb i always forget his name...and Miller is usually at the middle-end of the 2nd in every reputable mock.

and when u think about this class, it will be even more so. u have one 1rst round talent in trent richardson, after him the drop off is steep.

plus, miller fits our system better anyways. he is a bruiser with the way he plays, but he has tremendous speed and quickness. almost a combo of tiki and jacobs...he compares to clinton portis.

I like Miller, Wilson and Martin, each in their own way. But, I would not call Miller "a bruiser" at all.

Hooligans
03-14-2012, 08:47 AM
<h2><span class="js-stream-title"></span>*<small class="time"><span class="_timestamp js-short-timestamp " data-time="1331674081000" data-long-form="true"></span> (https://twitter.com/#%21/AKinkhabwala/status/179680235745312768)</small>https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/406612465/mug2_normal.jpg
<span>?</span>

</div>

</a>

</div>

The Fact that no team even contacted the Tip-Toe Bandit on Day 1 of free agency says it all. The Giants aren't bringing him back as they can do much better in free agency or the draft.

giantsfan420
03-14-2012, 08:57 AM

I like Miller, Wilson and Martin, each in their own way. But, I would not call Miller "a bruiser" at all.

yeah maybe bruiser was a lil too exaggerated but he def. does initiate contact and is a physical rb.

i actually think i would still consider him a bruiser at least from some of the games i watched him play. he likes to lower his shoulder at the ends of his runs and finish them strong.

Greatone80
03-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Ohm Youngmisuk ? @NotoriousOHM Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Can definitely see that RT @ebenezersamuel: Justin Tuck says he hears there is "still a chance" that Brandon Jacobs may return to Giants

Is tuck going to free up some extra money so we can sign him lol. I love tuck,and i hope hes right.However,wasnt it a money problem-jacobs would take a cut to stay,but there was a diference of a million dollars or something right? We just wasted money on the TE from dallas(couldve gotten boss back for free) and reports are we are tight in cap space.How can we resign him?

GiantSteps13
03-14-2012, 06:49 PM
We had pretty much the worst running game in the league last year, I rather bring in some new blood like tolbert, bush or even hillis then resign jacobs. I like jacobs, have nothing against him just rather have one of those other guys

Diamondring
03-14-2012, 07:30 PM
hope the big man comes home
Where he belongs.

BlueSanta
03-14-2012, 08:14 PM

yeah maybe bruiser was a lil too exaggerated but he def. does initiate contact and is a physical rb.

i actually think i would still consider him a bruiser at least from some of the games i watched him play. he likes to lower his shoulder at the ends of his runs and finish them strong.

He gets low through holes when he has to and runs north-south, in fact that is most what I like about his game. But he doesnt run people over. In fact, I would say that of the top 4 backs(TR, Wilson, Martin and Miller) he prolly is the least power oriented. But, he is a good short yardage back even without being that powerful, mostly because he is no nonsense and hit holes fast and goes north-south.

Firenugget
03-14-2012, 08:25 PM

I realize the Oline was bad. However for a 275lb RB he runs soft. Like I said, Tolbert runs like BJ "should". He hits it hard and fast and makes room where there isn't any. I'd take Tolbert any day over BJ. I like BJ for what he's done for us and he'll always be a memorable Giant but...It's over.