PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Ross to visit the Bungles on Thursday

Strahan4gov
03-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Mike Garafolo ? @MikeGarafolo Reply Retweet Favorite Open
CB Aaron Ross will visit the Bengals on Thursday, per source. #nyg

Flip Empty
03-13-2012, 07:35 PM
Giants play the Bengals' division next year...

BigBlueFanNJ
03-13-2012, 07:35 PM
Can I pack for him?

GMenNY21
03-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Giants play the Bengals' division next year...I have a feeling Nicks & Cruz would have a field day going up against Ross.

GMenNY21
03-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Giants play the Bengals' division next year...I have a feeling Nicks & Cruz would have a field day going up against Ross.

Gmen2005
03-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Any time I think of Ross, I think of him running around with his arms flailing looking totally lost.

nhpgiantsfan
03-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Next year you guys will realize how solid Ross was this past year. When everyones favorite love child, T2, is making his 100th tackle, you will soon realize that he makes all these tackles because everyone he covers catches the ball.

foosball
03-13-2012, 08:25 PM
He's gone.

swordfish
03-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Next year you guys will realize how solid Ross was this past year. When everyones favorite love child, T2, is making his 100th tackle, you will soon realize that he makes all these tackles because everyone he covers catches the ball.Could not have said it any better, people here seem to forget that with Ross we won 2 SB, and with TT, well we won nothing.

hungrrrry
03-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Next year you guys will realize how solid Ross was this past year. When everyones favorite love child, T2, is making his 100th tackle, you will soon realize that he makes all these tackles because everyone he covers catches the ball.Could not have said it any better, people here seem to forget that with Ross we won 2 SB, and with TT, well we won nothing.
yes...what did he do?</P>

</P>

Ross could interest the Bengals since he has played safety and Reggie Nelson is likely to leave in FA</P>

Spizi
03-13-2012, 08:38 PM
No, no we won't realize how solid Ross was this past year. T2 gets triple digit tackles because he is great at run support because trust me he did not give up 100 receptions.

swordfish
03-13-2012, 08:41 PM
No, no we won't realize how solid Ross was this past year. T2 gets triple digit tackles because he is great at run support because trust me he did not give up 100 receptions.get off TT's jock, from what I remember, he got beat quite often. Like I said, never won anything with TT at CB.

buddy33
03-13-2012, 08:44 PM
I think there where stats posted which show that Ross was far from a shut down CB this year.

Anyway, I think Prince will start this year along with Webster.

Bigbluefan1974
03-13-2012, 08:44 PM
I never remember T2 getting beat as bad as Ross did against Austin in that last Dallas game. If Romo didn't over throw him and that ended up being the play that ended the Giants season, would you still be all over Ross' nuts?

netplus
03-13-2012, 08:45 PM
No, no we won't realize how solid Ross was this past year. T2 gets triple digit tackles because he is great at run support because trust me he did not give up 100 receptions.

In 2010, TT gave up 76 receptions, 403 YAC, 7 TD's, and had 15 missed tackles. Not good. The good stats...12 passes defensed and 5 ints. Now he has two ACL tears.

nhpgiantsfan
03-13-2012, 08:52 PM
I think there where stats posted which show that Ross was far from a shut down CB this year.

Anyway, I think Prince will start this year along with Webster.

No one said shut down corner.. There aren't many of those in this league. But he is a solid CB. Better cover guy than TT. And for everyone talking about TT's run support, Ross was pretty good there to. Remember the big hit for a loss in th SB. And yes he did get beat bad in the Dallas game, but even the best ones get fooled sometimes.

buddy33
03-13-2012, 08:55 PM
Not saying Ross is horrible. Just saying that as afar as money TT is probably the better option and they did start him over Ross.

illmatic620
03-13-2012, 08:56 PM

You got that right. Quarterbacks had a 102.8 QB rating when throwing at Ross this past season. Quarterbacks also completed 67.9% of their passes when throwing at Ross. He's in the bottom ten in both categories. The stats pretty much say Ross was the epitome of mediocre last season.

Link:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/12/cornerbacks-a-glance-at-the-2011-numbers/

JJC7301
03-14-2012, 01:34 AM
Next year you guys will realize how solid Ross was this past year. When everyones favorite love child, T2, is making his 100th tackle, you will soon realize that he makes all these tackles because everyone he covers catches the ball.
+ 1/2. Those 100 tackles means that he's a good open field tackler, at least. Which reminds me of Philippi Sparks who was considered the best tackler on the Giants in the late '90s, but WRs were always catching passes in front of him. I don't think Sparks broke up one pass during his Giants tenure -- that guy just sucked.

The boards do seem to have a love affair with TT that I don't agree with. Ross played very well his rookie year and the 2nd half of this year and was injured a lot in between. They're both flawed players, but I guess that I'd take TT if he's cheaper than Ross.