PDA

View Full Version : Remember how much everyone LOVED Ross his rookie year?

Jints Fly High
03-13-2012, 06:54 PM
I feel like a lot of people aren't sad to see him go. Ross had his share of bad performances, sure, but he always displayed incredible resilience and toughness.

In that game against Washington in 2007, he made the stop on 4th and goal cutting out the fullbacks legs. He constantly sacrificed his body (especially his shoulder) for the benefit of the team. Remember the playoff game against Dallas? He played nearly the whole game with a dislocated shoulder.

Ross wasn't always the best corner, but he played hard and was always a pleasure to have on this team. I for one, am going to miss him and wish him the best wherever he goes.

You have some shoes to fill Prince.

Verve
03-13-2012, 07:04 PM
We picked him just after Revis...should have traded up Reese....

Ross has been a bust.....QBs love him especially Romo and Miles Austin

giantman8493
03-13-2012, 07:05 PM
well I think he is good, just not worth overpaying for.

hungrrrry
03-13-2012, 07:06 PM
I feel like a lot of people aren't sad to see him go. Ross had his share of bad performances, sure, but he always displayed incredible resilience and toughness. In that game against Washington in 2007, he made the stop on 4th and goal cutting out the fullbacks legs. He constantly sacrificed his body (especially his shoulder) for the benefit of the team. Remember the playoff game against Dallas? He played nearly the whole game with a dislocated shoulder. Ross wasn't always the best corner, but he played hard and was always a pleasure to have on this team. I for one, am going to miss him and wish him the best wherever he goes. You have some shoes to fill Prince.Before this 2011 season, Ross was wearing out his welcome based on his performance and his "hamstring injury" that bothered him for nearly two seasons...when he finally came back he had a tough time winning his role back and never really excelled. He had alot of buffoonery on plays, missed tackles and the like.

NY_Eli
03-13-2012, 07:06 PM
well I think he is good, just not worth overpaying for.

+1

Flip Empty
03-13-2012, 07:10 PM
He's good, but I'm perfectly content with the ones under contract. With T2 back, Ross is surplus to requirements.

Firenugget
03-13-2012, 07:14 PM
The problem with Ross is that he's either on his game or he's not. Way too streaky for my taste.

egyptian420
03-13-2012, 07:16 PM
The problem with Ross is that he's either on his game or he's not. Way too streaky for my taste.

I agree

TuckYou
03-13-2012, 07:29 PM
Ross is a good 3rd - 4th CB on your team... not exactly what you want with a 1st round pick. IMO, if prince and Thomas dont get hurt this past season, Ross barely sees the field as the 4th CB.

Juanito
03-13-2012, 07:31 PM
I don't remember Ross being "loved".

What I do remember is people crying out for him to play because Webster and McQuarters were awful and Madison was nothing more than a stop gap.

swordfish
03-13-2012, 07:36 PM
With Ross we won 2 SB's, everyone keeps forgetting that, and with TT we have won nothing, of course he made 100 tackles, after the receiver ate him for breakfast, and now with a knee that was damaged twice, I see him getting toasted even more "not like he was the fastest CB out there in the first place", Reese is smoking some good stuff to guarantee 11 mil for this guy.

nhpgiantsfan
03-13-2012, 07:42 PM
And The Prince has not proved anything yet. So CWebb is the only sure thing we have right now. Ross wasn't the greatest but he was def a solid CB. Now there is a lot riding on an a 2nd year player who might as well still be a rookie, and TT's ACL's.

Flip Empty
03-13-2012, 07:47 PM
With Ross we won 2 SB's, everyone keeps forgetting that, and with TT we have won nothing,
Won a Super Bowl with Sinorice Moss as well.

GMenNY21
03-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Prince could be the real deal, & we can't afford to be paying 4 cbs good money... Prince looked impressive in the few snaps he tooks late in the reg. Season & in the GB playoff game... He needed time with his foot injury, & next season he will be a main contributer..

myles2424
03-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Ross has been inconsistent & injury prone his whole career until now.....let someone else overpay for him.....

swordfish
03-13-2012, 08:52 PM
With Ross we won 2 SB's, everyone keeps forgetting that, and with TT we have won nothing,
Won a Super Bowl with Sinorice Moss as well.You must be retarted, Moss never started, Ross did, get off the drugs kid.

alau53
03-13-2012, 08:55 PM
With Ross we won 2 SB's, everyone keeps forgetting that, and with TT we have won nothing, of course he made 100 tackles, after the receiver ate him for breakfast, and now with a knee that was damaged twice, I see him getting toasted even more "not like he was the fastest CB out there in the first place", Reese is smoking some good stuff to guarantee 11 mil for this guy.

relax..tt is only guaranteed 2m..if he gets hurt or flops giants can get out of deal next season..good deal for all

Flip Empty
03-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Won a Super Bowl with Sinorice Moss as well.You must be retarted, Moss never started, Ross did, get off the drugs kid.

Neither did Terrell Thomas so why make the comparison?

G.I. Ants
03-13-2012, 09:22 PM

Neither did Terrell Thomas so why make the comparison?
Ross contributed to help win 2 SB championships. No matter how streaky he may have been, when we needed him to play, he stepped up and we won. Moss was a non factor in 07 and TT was on IR all season. I'd hate to see 31 go because he helped get the job done for Big Blue.

NYGRealityCheck
03-13-2012, 09:23 PM
I think Aaron Ross was good especially in his rookie year in 2007. I still remeber his first interception against the Jets when he Superman-posed into the endzone.

Who forgot how he basically shut down Santana Moss in the Redskin games like a walk in the park?

I think the turning point in his career was when he suffered plantar fasciitis and somehow never got back up to speed from that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5498059

JJC7301
03-13-2012, 11:45 PM
I like Ross, but if TT is less money then I'll take TT. Plus, TT is a little better. I'm not in love with TT as some of the other board members, but I'm glad he's back.

Ross was very good in this year's playoffs as well.

PRFan
03-14-2012, 04:30 AM
I did love him as a rookis and I am in fact not sad to see him go. He stepped up this year compared to what was expected of him but overall he got lucky a bunch of times. People beat him and then dropp easy passes. Then he celebrates like it was all him.

I wouldn't mind seeing him back but like I said, he's the last player I'll casre about loosing this year.

Firenugget
03-14-2012, 05:53 AM

And? He was also one of the worst, if not THE worst "starting" CB's in the league. He stepped up in the playoffs but I'm sorry, he's not a big loss. At least not until we lose a bunch of DB's to injury again.