PDA

View Full Version : Losing Ross is tough

Pa1jintfan
03-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Not trying to keep Ross is a bad idea. Would rather have Ross than T2. I like the Bennett courting though. He WILL make a huge difference in our offense. Big green zone target.. I like the possibility of Bennett/Ballard 2 TE set. We will obviously lose MM. I'm really hoping Jernigan pulls off a Cruz-like year. Can u really imagine what we could do......

NY_Eli
03-13-2012, 07:42 PM
I think the staff has a lot of faith in Prince to be the new number 2. Thomas will probably be more of safety hybrid

RoanokeFan
03-13-2012, 07:43 PM
We can't keep everyone. We kept the better free agent in TT.

Juanito
03-13-2012, 07:45 PM
Um Ross got burnt repeatedly. The worst performance I ever witnessed from a Giants corner was Ross v Cleveland in 2007.

I'm happy to have T2 back plus Tryon. I'd even keep Bruce Johnson over Ross.

NewYorkSwagg
03-13-2012, 07:47 PM
We have--------> C.Web, Prince, Terrell Thomas, Tryon, Bruce Johnson, and Michael Coe we already stacked I don't see room for Ross lol we are set buddy just sit back and relax. Let Reese put the icing on the cake with a few free agents and 2012 draft picks you know we going to draft good.

buddy33
03-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Don't sleep on Whitherspoon.

Seriously he may have beaten out Ross last season had he not been injured.

I think Prince is the real deal and will start along with Webster.

Pa1jintfan
03-13-2012, 07:49 PM
Yes Ross has had some growing pains, but he did start for 2 super bowl teams. He plays hard. I like him. I like T2 as well. But just feel Ross has more upside. Just saying........ In reese I trust. Im hoping for a huge draft, with some shocking moves. Big time players and one for the thumb next year. All agree!!!!!

Juanito
03-13-2012, 07:54 PM
He started through neccessity. Not through talent.

tikiandphil
03-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Don't sleep on Whitherspoon.

Seriously he may have beaten out Ross last season had he not been injured.

I think Prince is the real deal and will start along with Webster.

+1

nYg24
03-13-2012, 08:21 PM
T2 is a much better player than Ross. Ross was forced into the starting spot and played ok. T2 is a pro bowl caliber player.

gmen0820
03-13-2012, 08:24 PM
T2 and Tryon were solid resignings for Secondary depth. T2 will probably do what Rolle did this year and Rolle can wreak havoc with KP. They may form the most dominant safety tandem in the league next year.

Prince and Webster can probably hold down the fort next year. I'm hoping we go for a DT in the draft, relatively early because we only have Canty and Joseph and behind him is a very questionable Marvin Austin who, had he stayed healthy, might have given us a Warren Sapp type year next year. How much can you expect from him next year, 2nd year out of football?

Fletcher Cox would be an excellent pick, but I wouldn't mind Jared Crick in the 2nd (assuming both are the BPA).

jaygoon
03-13-2012, 08:49 PM
I can't understand why people are in love with Aaron Ross. He was the weakest part of our defense. He will go to the bengals and will suck as he has since the gmen drafted him. With cweb, t2 and prince, he giants are way better off without him. He was the worst starter on offense/defense last year. He was also benched. Good riddance.

Roosevelt
03-13-2012, 09:00 PM
Ross played pretty well last year. And in the Super Bowl he was a beast delivering some nasty hits.

But with that said, he's always had footing, or balance issues. He's constantly putting his hands down to keep himself from falling to the ground.

Bottom line is he helped us win 2 SB's. I wish him well.

PRFan
03-14-2012, 04:42 AM
He started through neccessity. Not through talent.

This! He was down to back up SAFETY!!

nycsportzfan
03-14-2012, 06:45 AM
We can't keep everyone. We kept the better free agent in TT.
agreed.. How any think Ross is in TT's class is beyond me.. TT is the guy who took Ross's job, by the way...lol

elismom
03-14-2012, 07:37 AM
Um Ross got burnt repeatedly. The worst performance I ever witnessed from a Giants corner was Ross v Cleveland in 2007.

I'm happy to have T2 back plus Tryon. I'd even keep Bruce Johnson over Ross.

Ross has 2 rings and 1 he was a rookie in. Ross is maybe the most underrated player on the Giants. and that is hard for me to say because I beat him up constantly but big picture he will be missed

giantsandyanks1
03-14-2012, 01:17 PM
I will not miss ross the guy couldn't cover anyone 1 on 1

G-Man67
03-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Ross did a very nice job for us last season, but TT is younger ... it was an either/or situation ... i feel pretty good about our CB situation, altho, a lot depends on TT's health

timmytimm3
03-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Thomas is going to be a beast at nickle corner assuming he is healthy.

He tackles extremely well.

Pumped to see our defense this year!

Aperspective
03-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Agreed.

TroyArcher
03-14-2012, 01:36 PM
T2 if healthy is much better than Ross. Ross was horrible most of the year.

simms56
03-14-2012, 05:03 PM
T2 if healthy is much better than Ross. Ross was horrible most of the year.

I though "Fair Catch" Ross played pretty well the last quarter of the season. He got burned hard the first part of the year but calmed down. We would not have gotten to the SB if he had played that poorly in the playoffs. Will T2 be healthy? If so he is definitely better than Ross, if not then Reese made an error....

MikeIsaGiant
03-15-2012, 09:58 AM
I liked Ross, but doesn't mean he was all that good.

I have more faith in our CBs now than last year.

T2, Webby, Prince and even our depth guys I trust