PDA

View Full Version : I Guess The Giants Will Be Drafting OL, LB, Maybe RB In The Draft From What I See

Antwuan
03-13-2012, 07:49 PM
Since it looks like Martellus Bennett will be signed by the Giants. I think now the Giants will probably draft a OL @ 32, and draft a LB. As for RB I see the Giants signing one through free agency or drafting one.

NewYorkSwagg
03-13-2012, 08:10 PM
Yeah it's a possibility, but I'm not worried because I know they will be good players. The Giants have a really good scouting crew plus Reese make good picks, so it's cool don't worry. Man I'm just so glad that we sign those Defensive Backs backs thats very important because this is a pass happy league you need a load of quality DBs, see Reese know what he is doing.

giantsfan420
03-13-2012, 08:13 PM
i'm loving this offseason and its been not even a day into FA. we re-signed our db core, got a te, now if we can get smith, we'll really be able to do BPA.

was watching the nfl network and they were saying the best franchises use FA as a way to ensure they get the players to fill needs so when draft day comes you can focus solely on bpa, thus ensuring you always have a team full of talented players throughout the roster.

wouldnt surprise me if we draft any position 1rst...if we don't get a wr in FA then I'd lean to we'll draft one first...bpa tho and if its fleener we'll take him which is what i hope...

TheEnigma
03-13-2012, 08:18 PM
If Reese truly does draft the BPA on his board, I think it'll be a defensive tackle pushed down to us from a combination of risers from the combine/pro day and maybe a team or two reaching for QB's.

GMENAGAIN
03-13-2012, 08:19 PM
If Reese truly does draft the BPA on his board, I think it'll be a defensive tackle pushed down to us from a combination of risers from the combine/pro day and maybe a team or two reaching for QB's.</P>

I could definitely see that happening . . . . </P>

GIANTfaninFL
03-13-2012, 08:21 PM
I hope so.

Its going to be interesting. The OL needs young talent, but i could see us letting the LB and RB corps ride for another season or two.

Scott, Ware and Brown all seem like good all around backs that could get some carries and spell AB.

With Goff coming back and the continued emergence of Williams, Herzlich, Paysinger and Jones... we might be set there too.

GIANTfaninFL
03-13-2012, 08:22 PM
If Reese truly does draft the BPA on his board, I think it'll be a defensive tackle pushed down to us from a combination of risers from the combine/pro day and maybe a team or two reaching for QB's.

I wouldn't mind that one bit. Austin is an unproved commodity. Another stud DT would be great

TuckYou
03-13-2012, 08:26 PM
If Reese truly does draft the BPA on his board, I think it'll be a defensive tackle pushed down to us from a combination of risers from the combine/pro day and maybe a team or two reaching for QB's.</P>

I could definitely see that happening . . . . </P>

So can I. Unfortunately. I hate drafting DTs at the end of the first. But I guess it gives us an option to cut Canty eventually, if Austin is as good as they thought.

RoanokeFan
03-13-2012, 08:30 PM

Keep your eye on Devon Still from Penn State [;)]

TheEnigma
03-13-2012, 08:33 PM

Keep your eye on Devon Still from Penn State* [;)]
That's who I have us taking #1 in my mock draft hah.

gmen0820
03-13-2012, 08:39 PM

That's who I have us taking #1 in my mock draft hah.I used to throw his name out there when we were projected to pick in the 15-20 range.

But he's falling because of people rising, so I can see him being there and the pick.

JJC7301
03-13-2012, 11:59 PM
We're going to need depth a Safety.

NYSPORTS
03-14-2012, 12:01 AM

No way Still gets by the Giants.

Spizi
03-14-2012, 12:26 AM
After the Bennett signing I'd like to see them take Doug Martin in the 1st and go after Burfict in the 4th.

Kase-1
03-14-2012, 03:20 PM
Now that we have the CBs inked up

In the 1st 3 rounds I can see us going: OT, DT, DE, or Safety

Diamondring
03-14-2012, 03:33 PM
If Reese truly does draft the BPA on his board, I think it'll be a defensive tackle pushed down to us from a combination of risers from the combine/pro day and maybe a team or two reaching for QB's.A dt could be perfect for the team.

burier
03-14-2012, 03:34 PM
I hope so.

Its going to be interesting. The OL needs young talent, but i could see us letting the LB and RB corps ride for another season or two.

Scott, Ware and Brown all seem like good all around backs that could get some carries and spell AB.

With Goff coming back and the continued emergence of Williams, Herzlich, Paysinger and Jones... we might be set there too.

All the linebackers you just named are garbage.

rxc999
03-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Has bennett signed?? anybody see any announcement??

Diamondring
03-14-2012, 03:43 PM
I hope so.

All the linebackers you just named are garbage.All we need is a guy who can cover.

TrueBlue@NYC
03-14-2012, 04:20 PM
I hope so. Its going to be interesting. The OL needs young talent, but i could see us letting the LB and RB corps ride for another season or two. Scott, Ware and Brown all seem like good all around backs that could get some carries and spell AB. With Goff coming back and the continued emergence of Williams, Herzlich, Paysinger and Jones... we might be set there too. All the linebackers you just named are garbage.All we need is a guy who can cover.</P>

J. Williams specialized in coverage last season, that's why he was our nickle LBer. As long as the team resigns either Goff or Blackburn in the middle I think we're OK at LBer. </P>

Boley is our playmaker at the position, everyone else is a situational player, which is fine since most LBers dont play 3 downs anymore. </P>

Even though we resigned Tryon, Coe and Thomas, I'd still like to see them draft another CB in the mid rounds. The position is just so prone to injury and you need so much depth at it anyway you can never have too many DBs. </P>

They also need to bring in someone to challenge Sash for that 3rd safety role. That's essentially a starting position and while I like Sash as a player I don't want to hand him the job. </P>

Bohemian
03-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Don't forget about our mandatory annual DL pick. I don't think that there has ever been a draft that we did not draft a defensive line player.