PDA

View Full Version : I just want to COMMEND Reese on the excellent job he's done today

NYG4lifeNYK
03-13-2012, 09:43 PM
This FA(still only been 4 1/2 hours) period has been amazing thus far with all the smart & necessary signings.

T2 deal, Bennett(very soon), Coe, Tryon, T Joel Reinders and TE Larry Donnell,

Might not seem like "holy ****" signings but they improve our team a lot

I can't wait to see what we do next... Reese is a very smart GM, so thankful to have him

Neverend
03-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Wow! Reese is just such a genius, he's completely unmatched. I mean, its just amazing! He resigned terrell thomas, resigned 2 relatively easy players for depth, and signed some scrubs who won't even make the team in camp

Such a compelling and phenomenal body of work! Lets praise Reese for having the best offseason thus far :)

sigh.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-13-2012, 09:47 PM
Wow! Reese is just such a genius, he's completely unmatched. I mean, its just amazing! He resigned terrell thomas, resigned 2 relatively easy players for depth, and signed some scrubs who won't even make the team in camp

Such a compelling and phenomenal body of work! Lets praise Reese for having the best offseason thus far :)

sigh.

Did someone **** in your cheerios this morning?

Our team doesn't need much but I believe we can turn Bennett(GREAT blocker) into a good TE so that alone is very good.. The T2 contract is a great buy for both sides.

Dorkasaurus
03-13-2012, 10:24 PM

sigh.

LOL ... you are so right "big name" signings makes a great GM. Not the one who builds depth and finds big names before they are big names.

Reese has been the GM for two SB teams in his few years as GM ...last year he was critizied for his lack of signings ...how did that work out?

Medisleman
03-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Reese has discipline. This is the key to being a good GM. Look at the Redskins, they haven't had discipline and still do not. They will continue to pay for it as they are now.

We are letting the chips fall and then we can pick up lots of good players cheaply. We don't need to overpay for any big names, we are the defending champs!

hungrrrry
03-13-2012, 10:31 PM
This FA(still only been 4 1/2 hours) period has been amazing thus far with all the smart & necessary signings.

I can't wait to see what we do next... Reese is a very smart GM, so thankful to have him
so far he is doing what he is supposed to do...we still need to sign Goff or a veteran MLB (which could happen). Bennett isn't a done deal yet...it would be a good signing though and I would start smiling more...if we were able to land a #2 RB, then I would be happier and not expecting much else except with the draft and he generally does well there.

Drez
03-13-2012, 10:36 PM

so far he is doing what he is supposed to do...we still need to sign Goff or a veteran MLB (which could happen). Bennett isn't a done deal yet...it would be a good signing though and I would start smiling more...if we were able to land a #2 RB, then I would be happier and not expecting much else except with the draft and he generally does well there.</P>

How do you know that the #2 RB isn't on the roster already? I know TC has been talking up Scott so far this offseason (as per the beat writers' tweets). Though, I can't say I'd be upset if we found a way to sign a guy like Tolbert.</P>

Dorkasaurus
03-13-2012, 10:36 PM
Reese has discipline. This is the key to being a good GM.* Look at the Redskins, they haven't had discipline and still do not.* They will continue to pay for it as they are now.*

We are letting the chips fall and then we can pick up lots of good players cheaply.* We don't need to overpay for any big names, we are the defending champs!

The Redskins are abusing their fan base every year, with big signings or over-the-top trades building hope in the team. Fans get excited and "buy" into it. The team makes the money and fans find another disapointing season.

Axels15
03-13-2012, 10:40 PM
I don't agree with you on the redskins this year.

I think they're actually being very smart so far this offseason. These aren't necessarily 'win now' signings.

Garcon and Morgan are both young receivers who can develop further with RG3.

GmenFan1980
03-13-2012, 10:56 PM

I think they're actually being very smart so far this offseason. These aren't necessarily 'win now' signings.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d82776ea9/Top-Ten-Worst-Free-Agent-Signings-Anyone-to-the-Redskins

Until proven otherwise lol http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-4.gif

NYG4lifeNYK
03-13-2012, 10:58 PM

They signed a bunch of #2/#3 receivers

They gave Garcon a ludicrous... they are the Redskins for a reason

JJC7301
03-14-2012, 12:49 AM

sigh.

LOL ... you are so right "big name" signings makes a great GM. Not the one who builds depth and finds big names before they are big names.

Reese has been the GM for two SB teams in his few years as GM ...last year he was critizied for his lack of signings ...how did that work out?
+1. JR signs for depth and filling holes, but drafts his stars. In other words -- he does it the right way.

Martyr
03-14-2012, 12:52 AM
Wow! Reese is just such a genius, he's completely unmatched. I mean, its just amazing! He resigned terrell thomas, resigned 2 relatively easy players for depth, and signed some scrubs who won't even make the team in camp Such a compelling and phenomenal body of work! Lets praise Reese for having the best offseason thus far :) sigh. LOL ... you are so right "big name" signings makes a great GM. Not the one who builds depth and finds big names before they are big names. Reese has been the GM for two SB teams in his few years as GM ...last year he was critizied for his lack of signings ...how did that work out? +1. JR signs for depth and filling holes, but drafts his stars. In other words -- he does it the right way.</P>

Yep he's filling holes so he can draft BPA, he drafts playersbased on want not need</P>

Harooni
03-14-2012, 12:56 AM
Reese is a great GM. would love to see a few more cuts though. and a few FA signings as i listed.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-14-2012, 09:48 PM
up

I'd like to get Goff signed now

That Bennett deal is a freaking steal... guy has a lot of potential Mike Pope is going to mold him into a gem