PDA

View Full Version : We are all set at Corner!! Woo Hoo!!

Tommy_Ribs
03-13-2012, 09:40 PM
I was worried about Corner depth, but in one-day we added three corners to our roster:
- TT
- Michael Coe
- Justin Tryon (He is the player that played with a Broken Arm and impressed coaches and Team Mates)
<a href="http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/03/giants_re-sign_cornerbacks_jus.html">
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/03/giants_re-sign_cornerbacks_jus.html</a>

Flip Empty
03-13-2012, 09:45 PM
It's funny because it's the same guys as last year except they're healthy this time round.

Axels15
03-13-2012, 09:46 PM
It's funny because it's the same guys as last year except they're healthy this time round.

knock on wood

DownWitJPP
03-13-2012, 09:47 PM
same here, I thought we were gonna lose T2 and Ross

Now we have C-Web, Prince on the outside and T2 in the slot

Tryon, Coe, Witherspoon, Bruce Johnson

prob will add one more corner in the draft

Drez
03-13-2012, 09:47 PM
I've got to agree.We look like we're set at CB (though I still wouldn't be surprised to see a CB drafted in the first 3 or 4 rounds).</P>

Pretty good day of FA thus far. Now, if we end up getting Bennett (at a reasonable price) that would just add to it. I'd like to see them get Goff a contract.</P>

Nothing too flashy so far, but good signings nonetheless.</P>

NYGRealityCheck
03-13-2012, 09:52 PM
same here, I thought we were gonna lose T2 and Ross

Now we have C-Web, Prince on the outside and T2 in the slot

Tryon, Coe, Witherspoon, Bruce Johnson

prob will add one more corner in the draft

It's going to be a battle royale come preseason for the lower depth CB positions.

I think Witherspoon did well in preseason last year until his injury.

Tommy_Ribs
03-13-2012, 09:53 PM
I've got to agree.We look like we're set at CB (though I still wouldn't be surprised to see a CB drafted in the first 3 or 4 rounds).</p>

Pretty good day of FA thus far. Now, if we end up getting Bennett (at a reasonable price) that would just add to it. I'd like to see them get Goff a contract.</p>

Nothing too flashy so far, but good signings nonetheless.</p>

Agreed another corner in the draft makes sense as teams now play as much nickel as they do 3-4/4-3.

I also think Deon Grant won;t be back, so Rolle will not be the Nickel Back IMHO. I think Rolle will be a true Safety next year, so corner depth is super important now.

I think we will hear on Goff shortly as well.

DownWitJPP
03-13-2012, 09:59 PM
I like Witherspoon and Tryon the best out of the backups. Both looked really good in pre-season

I see T-Sash or Chad Jones filling Deon Grants role, I think he will retire a superbowl champion

Goff will prob be resigned, who gets the backup job @ MLB Herz or Jones?

giantsfan420
03-13-2012, 09:59 PM
agee tommy...

but i still think we need to add a quality safety to replace grant unless thats where t2 will play a lot...

one more quality safety from having our d backfield complete, one more mlb from having our lb complete, dl is complete.

ol needs one or two additions, need a wr, and one more te and our team is basically complete.

loving how this team is fillingout

NYGRealityCheck
03-13-2012, 10:04 PM
I also agree that I think the defense will be much better off with Rolle in the true safety position now the team has good CB depth to cover any receivers put out on the field.

miked1958
03-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Deon grant came in like Blackburn and served a purpose. Sad to see them both go. Tolly to. He provided great play off bench

Drez
03-13-2012, 10:09 PM
but i still think we need to add a quality safety to replace grant unless thats where t2 will play a lot... </P>

I think that's a role TT will flourish in, though I think he'll be hybrid corner/safety than safety/LB.</P>

G.I. Ants
03-13-2012, 10:12 PM
Last preseason, the secondary looked great until............................................. ............................. Seriously though, I am looking forward to the position battle this year because it is going to be a fight. C-Web is the only one who we all know is the starter but:
*Who will be on the other side?
*Will TT return to his 2010 form and earn his starting job back?
*Will Prince show the world why he was a 1st round selection by delivering a breakout sophomore performance?
*Who is going to step up as the ever important nickel corner?
*Will Weatherspoon have a monster year that he was hinting at with his play last preseason?
*Will Michael Coe became a special teams tackling machine?
*Will Justin Tryon make another impact like he did last year with a broken arm?
*Will Bruce Johnson add to the mix of hurricanes in the secondary?

Lets Go Big Blue

G.I. Ants
03-13-2012, 10:15 PM
I like Witherspoon and Tryon the best out of the backups. Both looked really good in pre-season

I see T-Sash or Chad Jones filling Deon Grants role, I think he will retire a superbowl champion

Goff will prob be resigned, who gets the backup job @ MLB Herz or Jones?Tryon wasn't on the team last preseason. As far as backup MLB, who knows

giantyankee1976
03-13-2012, 10:17 PM

Goff will prob be resigned, who gets the backup job @ MLB Herz or Jones?

I like Herz but G-Jones has a motor, he's my pick

DownWitJPP
03-13-2012, 10:33 PM

Goff will prob be resigned, who gets the backup job @ MLB Herz or Jones?Tryon wasn't on the team last preseason. As far as backup MLB, who knows
'

wrote that wrong, i meant he played well for the limited time he was on the field

I want Herz to win the MLB job, that one play where he dove over the line is stuck in my head. He gives it everything he has

miked1958
03-13-2012, 10:35 PM

'

wrote that wrong, i meant he played well for the limited time he was on the field

I want Herz to win the MLB job, that one play where he dove over the line is stuck in my head. He gives it everything he has
Also that Line Drive INT near the goal line

Harooni
03-13-2012, 11:29 PM
i would still like to add william gay for dime packages.

JJC7301
03-13-2012, 11:40 PM
I've got to agree.*We look like we're set at CB (though I still wouldn't be surprised to see a CB drafted in the first 3 or 4 rounds).</p>

Pretty good day of FA thus far. Now, if we end up getting Bennett (at a reasonable price) that would just add to it. I'd like to see them get Goff a contract.</p>

Nothing too flashy so far, but good signings nonetheless.</p>

Agreed another corner in the draft makes sense as teams now play as much nickel as they do 3-4/4-3.

I also think Deon Grant won;t be back, so Rolle will not be the Nickel Back IMHO.* I think Rolle will be a true Safety next year, so corner depth is super important now.

I think we will hear on Goff shortly as well.

Now that we have TT back, along with Coe and Tryon, I'd rather draft a Safety instead of a CB.

PRFan
03-14-2012, 04:32 AM
Is Weatherspoon under contract? If so, sweet!

giantyankee1976
03-14-2012, 07:27 AM
Now that we have TT back, along with Coe and Tryon, I'd rather draft a Safety instead of a CB.

I respect your opinion, but I believe in Philips and Rolle. I also think Sash has upside and though I think Grant may depart, I hope not, I'm for the LBs and/ or DLine to be addressed before the 2ndary.

Maybe I'm dumb, and that's fine, but I like our 2ndary and believe it to be under-rated.

I'd rather a highly ATHLETIC Linebacker with sideline-to-sideline speed to be picked up.

Someone to spy on Vick and possibly RG3. Someone who can maybe contain Shady McCoy as well.

nycsportzfan
03-14-2012, 07:56 AM
same here, I thought we were gonna lose T2 and Ross Now we have C-Web, Prince on the outside and T2 in the slot Tryon, Coe, Witherspoon, Bruce Johnson prob will add one more corner in the draft At least now, we can focus on other positons, and only go CB either late rd or if the VALUE is just to much to pass up... Now, i'm really hoping Dennard and Gilmore somehow go ahead of where were picking in RD 1.. The more CB's that go in RD 1, means positons we need fall..