PDA

View Full Version : Good year to trade up a few places

Warchild
03-14-2012, 12:31 AM
Since we may have an extra compensatory pick or two, I think we should try to move up a few places in the first round to get whoever we really want.

A 3rd round pick would give us the ability to move up to 26 and swap with the Texans?

We'll probably going to go with a DE/DT or maybe even a WR.

JJC7301
03-14-2012, 12:38 AM
I'd actually think about trading down a few spots. The 32 pick is like picking in the 2nd round anyway. May as well save a little money and pick up an extra pick as well.

Martyr
03-14-2012, 12:49 AM
I would be game for both up or down

miked1958
03-14-2012, 05:18 AM
Giants don't trade up or down a whole lot usually

GMENAGAIN
03-14-2012, 07:17 AM
I'd actually think about trading down a few spots. The 32 pick is like picking in the 2nd round anyway. May as well save a little money and pick up an extra pick as well.</P>

+1</P>

barran21
03-14-2012, 07:46 AM
I'd actually think about trading down a few spots. The 32 pick is like picking in the 2nd round anyway. May as well save a little money and pick up an extra pick as well.

Exactly, there's gonna be a team who has a high second round pick but afraid the player they want will be gone in the next few picks....

I have been thinking that we gonna trade out of the first, but still stay close maybe move down to 38-40 pick and still get the player we wanted and gain some more picks...

hungrrrry
03-14-2012, 07:51 AM
We don't have a need where we should do that. We would be better served trading down...possibly with someone already carrying 2 round 2 picks. That #32 overall pick becomes super-valuable to teams and even to the drafted player since that player will want 1st round money...even though his value is little better than any of the picked #2's.
Trading up means we pay even more, for one guy.

Hooligans
03-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Since we may have an extra compensatory pick or two, I think we should try to move up a few places in the first round to get whoever we really want.

A 3rd round pick would give us the ability to move up to 26 and swap with the Texans?

Why? Trade up a few notches for who......the 26th player versus the 32nd.....that is stupid. The Giants are actually more likely to trade down than up.

Kruunch
03-14-2012, 08:58 AM

We're most likely getting a 5th and possibly a 7th as comp picks.

Why would I want to trade a 3rd to move up 6 places? For Mercilus Whitney?

Typically we don't trade up.

nygsb42champs
03-14-2012, 09:20 AM
Why would we trade up to draft another WR? You really want your first round pick to be the #3 WR and that sit?

since55
03-14-2012, 06:40 PM
There is a rumor that Angelina Jolie is available at 26.

NewYorkSwagg
03-14-2012, 06:48 PM
We will sit at the 32nd pick and pick MLB-Hightower, or OT Adam from Ohio State mark my word.

TheEnigma
03-14-2012, 06:51 PM
There is a rumor that Angelina Jolie is available at 26.I heard about that prospect. She has really good legs in the running game.

nycsportzfan
03-14-2012, 07:15 PM
I'd actually think about trading down a few spots. The 32 pick is like picking in the 2nd round anyway. May as well save a little money and pick up an extra pick as well. Not to mention, this draft is super deep, and theres no telling if the guys going Mid 2nd rd aren't better then guys going late 1st anyways... I'd have no problem trading down to mid 2nd rd, and scooping up a ex pick or 2...

nycsportzfan
03-14-2012, 07:15 PM
We will sit at the 32nd pick and pick MLB-Hightower, or OT Adam from Ohio State mark my word. I think Mike Adams will go to the Steelers...

JimC
03-15-2012, 09:35 AM

Why? Trade up a few notches for who......the 26th player versus the 32nd.....<font color="#0000FF" size="5">that is stupid.</font> The Giants are actually more likely to trade down than up.

Slightly off topic - I have been participating on these boards for quite a while and I don't think it does anyone any good to make insulting comments like these when someone is trying to make a point. I see reactions like this many times and it seems like the offender is simply trying to make his point "heard" by flinging insults. I am not saying that "Hooligans" is a persistent offender, but his post was simply convenient. Wouldn't the rebuttal be far better stated as "I don't agree with your logic because..............", instead of calling someone stupid or something more derogatory?

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!

wolfie
03-15-2012, 10:26 AM
There is a rumor that Angelina Jolie is available at 26.I heard about that prospect. She has really good legs in the running game.</P>

Legs.... legs? You're looking a little too low!</P>