PDA

View Full Version : MIND BLOWING!!!

Beelzeboss
12-07-2011, 03:21 AM
Not sure if anyone else has seen this....I guess you could call it an article..... on nfl.com.

Apparently it takes absolutely zero football knowledge or even common knowledge to get a job writing for NFL.com. I can't even put into words how absurd this article is....... let me just give you the title...and keep in mind this is NFL.com not some garb publication like bleacher report.

"Giants could be making move for much-needed QB"....................

full article HERE (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824cb929/article/giants-could-be-making-a-move-for-a-muchneeded-qb?module=HP11_hot_topics)

WTF???

GiantWarfare
12-07-2011, 03:27 AM
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/wtf/grand/big_wtf_548.gif

How is this guy an actual sports writer for NFL.com?

B-Red22
12-07-2011, 03:31 AM
I read that last sentence under the Giants, and i'm convinced that this is a joke</P>

laihovalo9
12-07-2011, 03:31 AM
<font color="#FF0000">Don't you know that every loss has been Elis fault? Geez, how can you be so blind?</font>

JuneauBlue
12-07-2011, 03:38 AM
Who wrote this, now?

Adam Rank?........he certainly is......

nygfan0816
12-07-2011, 03:45 AM
is he incredibly high or just mentally challenged?

egyptian420
12-07-2011, 03:59 AM
And that's why he's an NFL.com writer and not in a front office....

BigBlueOnes
12-07-2011, 06:26 AM
I just saw this and blew corn flakes out my nose. I'd like to take a baseball bat to his knees. Naaa, to his head. The NFL gene pool needs a little chlorine.

SweetZombieJesus
12-07-2011, 07:11 AM
He's right; it's a very pressing need <font color="#FF0000">for 2017 or so</font>.

Maybe this was just a canned article he pulled out of his desk.

britishblue2
12-07-2011, 07:12 AM
I just saw this and blew corn flakes out my nose. I'd like to take a baseball bat to his knees. Naaa, to his head. The NFL gene pool needs a little chlorine. ROTFLMFAO...BBO

youre reply has to go down as one of the top 10 replies to a post of 2011...

"blew corn flakes outta my nose" ha ha ha awesome

cowboysblow
12-07-2011, 08:06 AM
I was aware of this "article", and figured that was what this thread might be about. From what I understand, this guy's whole reputation is for having an "irreverent" take on the league. He's probably just trying to stir the pot and garner some attention to himself. If there's one aspect of the Giants game this year that's been consistent good if not spectaular game in and game out (and there probably IS only one), it's the passing game. As has been the case for the last 3 years, when the team lays an egg, it's usually been the DEFENSE that's largely responsible.

nygsb42champs
12-07-2011, 08:10 AM
Really?? Why would anyone who has watched any football at all right this?

TuckYou
12-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Did it get you to click the link? </P>

Cause if you did, then he was successful. </P>

That's what it comes down to. </P>

Website hits.</P>

Its the same thing for all the "Tebow for MVP?" articles. It is ridiculous but people click the link to read it and complain. </P>

nygfanmaybe
12-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Its the same thing for all the "Tebow for MVP?" articles. It is ridiculous but people click the link to read it and complain. </P>

</P>

I think it is still a little early, but if the Broncos win their division and anybody besides Tebow gets MVP then the award is a lark and a popularity contest because if you define the term "most valuable" you understand that they're not looking for the "most talented" but yet the guy that adds the most value to his team. Tebow doesn't have to say a word if his team finishes on top. All he has to do is let history do his talking. He has the fact that his team was failing miserably before he stepped in going for him when you consider the candidates.</P>

JMO, though. I'm not saying he should be MVP just yet because there is still a lot of ball left to be played.</P>

LT_was_good
12-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Its the same thing for all the "Tebow for MVP?" articles. It is ridiculous but people click the link to read it and complain. </p>

</p>

I think it is still a little early, but if the Broncos win their division and anybody besides Tebow gets MVP then the award is a lark and a popularity contest because if you define the term "most valuable" you understand that they're not looking for the "most talented" but yet the guy that adds the most value to his team. Tebow doesn't have to say a word if his team finishes on top. All he has to do is let history do his talking. He has the fact that his team was failing miserably before he stepped in going for him when you consider the candidates.</p>

JMO, though. I'm not saying he should be MVP just yet because there is still a lot of ball left to be played.</p>

+1, though I doubt John Elway would vote for him.

I actually had a dream last night that Peyton was voted MVP, and that he received over 80% of the votes. I do think he should be retroactively handed a few more MVP awards, pretty much for every recent year except 2007 (Brady's year).

Redeyejedi
12-07-2011, 08:54 AM
This guy was getting killed on Twitter.He said Eli is a good fantasy QB he just likes winning.

repeatchamps
12-07-2011, 09:41 AM
This guy was getting killed on Twitter.He said Eli is a good fantasy QB he just likes winning.</P>

Up until recent years, Eli was killed for not being great for Fantasy but was a winner. Obviously the 6-6 record this year hurts and recent years of missed playoffs hurts the winning thing but overall he is one of the winningest QB's in the league and now is tearing up fantasy too. This Adam Rank guy puts winning all on the QB, he's clearly a fool and I let him have it on twitter as well.</P>

bELIeve_in_Giants
12-07-2011, 09:49 AM
I saw somewhere he said it was killing him that Eli was winning fantasy games for him. Obviously is a hater.

TuckYou
12-07-2011, 10:12 AM

</P>

I think it is still a little early, but if the Broncos win their division and anybody besides Tebow gets MVP then the award is a lark and a popularity contest because if you define the term "most valuable" you understand that they're not looking for the "most talented" but yet the guy that adds the most value to his team. Tebow doesn't have to say a word if his team finishes on top. All he has to do is let history do his talking. He has the fact that his team was failing miserably before he stepped in going for him when you consider the candidates.</P>

JMO, though. I'm not saying he should be MVP just yet because there is still a lot of ball left to be played.</P>

</P>

What a joke... Take your Tebow avatar down, it looks dumb. </P>

If Tebow wins MVP, it would be the worst MVP ever made in any sport. And I actually like Tebow. All his hype is disgusting though. Yeah, he is fun to watch. Yeah he is helping his team win. But he is not the MVP even if the Broncos win the division. He is a very good football player with a great personallity on and off the field, but thats where it stops. He is not a good QB. He is Peyton Hillis playing QB. For MVPs, STATS MATTER. Aaron Rodgers? Drew Brees? Tom Brady? Are all on pace to break Marino's record this season and have their teams in 1st with better records then the Broncos.</P>

nygfanmaybe
12-07-2011, 10:46 AM
For MVPs, STATS MATTER. Aaron Rodgers? Drew Brees? Tom Brady? Are all on pace to break Marino's record this season and have their teams in 1st with better records then the Broncos.</P>

Here's a stat for you. With Tebow...6-1. Without...1-4.</P>

I think that stat is the one that they look at the most...otherwise Rivers would be MVP every year. Oh..btw...the Broncos are in 1st in their division, too.</P>

smashndash715
12-07-2011, 10:54 AM
what a joke..eli has AT LEAST another 3 years like the one he is having right now..guess is an ahole but its whatever..eli has been dealing with hate from jumpstreet and hes answered it with a super bowl so stay tuned mr. rank

TuckYou
12-07-2011, 11:04 AM
For MVPs, STATS MATTER. Aaron Rodgers? Drew Brees? Tom Brady? Are all on pace to break Marino's record this season and have their teams in 1st with better records then the Broncos.</P>

I think that stat is the one that they look at the most...otherwise Rivers would be MVP every year. Oh..btw...the Broncos are in 1st in their division, too.</P>

</P>

And here are some stats for you...</P>

47.5% completions, 1,054 yards in 7 games started. Yeah his TD -INT ratio is nice, and his rushing stats are nice, but is that really enough to consider him an MVP? Thats like saying Brett Gardner should of won MVP in baseball. Yanks had the best record in the AL. Gardner had the most steals and best defense for the Yanks.... Its nice, but not a complete player. You need to have the best year statistically, or pretty damn close to it,to be an MVP. That's just how it is. </P>

Tebow isn't even ranked for QBs or RBs on NFL.combecause he doesnt have enough attempts for either. </P>

I get what you are driving at, but I just don't buy it.</P>

</P>

nygfanmaybe
12-07-2011, 11:14 AM
I get what you are driving at, but I just don't buy it.</P>

</P>

I get your point, too...and I'm not ready to call TT MVP just yet, either, as I mentioned earlier. I am just saying that if certain things happen, like they go on to win the division, you have to look at how he turned that team around and at least give him consideration for that reason alone. When you consider that if he did something like that he would be doing it at a time when nobody, and I mean nobody, gave him a snowball's chance in hell.</P>

I'd like to straighten something out right now, though. I have been carrying this TT avatar for a while but not necessarily because I am a big TT fan. I put it up in recognition of his great accomplishments as a Florida Gator. I'm not even a big Gator fan, but you can't question that his college career was extraordinary.</P>

I also felt that if I carried this avatar then I could be one of the few that could say that I stuck with him and gave him a chance when just about everybody else didn't. What I think I see in this guy is someone that doesn't do anything exceptional except know how to win. He kinda reminds me of someone else in that regard.</P>

</P>

Edit--Oh, yeah...one more thing. Those stats you posted are eerily similar to Elway's after the same amount of starts. He turned out OK, I would say.</P>

One other thing. I think that Tebow has it in his head too much about the mechanics thing and I'm a little unsure why he takes so much flak over it when others don't seem to get as much. One could easily criticize River's low delivery and say that it will cause problems with having throws batted down...as one example.</P>

I think that once Tebow proves himself once and for all...if that ever happens...then he will go back to throwing the way he feels most comfortable without many questions and some of these throws that looks like he is aiming it will go away. Again, JMO.</P>

Rusty192
12-07-2011, 01:13 PM
It's adam rank....nuff said.

im actually dumber for reading that drival

mattajw
12-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Well it is nice to see we all the Non Giants fans comments. This guy definitely has not been watching Giants game this year. What a complete idiot.

Roswell777
12-07-2011, 04:04 PM
We live in the Age Of Information.

And we live in the Age Of Misinformation.

That article is an example of the latter.

g_menfan80
12-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Exactly I didn't even click the stupid link. I find it so funny how many people are sticking up for Eli now when all I read was Eli bashing for years on these threads. Interesting

Eli2Nicks612
12-07-2011, 04:18 PM
I don't want to be discussing Tebow here, but I feel I have to. Tebow isn't a good QB. Everyone who says he is point to one stat: 6-1. It's incredibly easy to do that. "Well the Broncos were 1-4 then Tebow took them and their 6-1". But it doesn't work like that. The biggest reason is the teams they've played. The teams they played in the first five weeks have a combined record of 38-22. The past 7 weeks the teams they've played have a combined record of 36-48. The best team they played, the Lions when they were still good, demolished them.

But still, Tebow has had to be a big reason for their winning, right? Wrong. They've averaged 200 yards a game over their Tebow stretch. They're defense has only given up 15 points a game in their wins with Tebow. And the only time they played a good quarterback over they're stretch, Stafford, they got lighted up for 45 points. And he's done a bad job passing, which is the main job of the quarterback. There's a reason why the Broncos never pass the ball. The only game he threw more than 30 attempts was also a game where he managed 18 completions, 170 yards, and 10 points from his offense.

Looking at all that, there's no way you can say Tebow is good.

Drez
12-07-2011, 04:33 PM

</P>

Here's a stat for you...</P>

AR12: 18-0 since last season including winning a SB. If you want to go on wins, then Rodgers still has Tebow crushed. I won't even bring stats into the conversation because it just wouldn't be fair.</P>

The Packers have the best record in the enitre NFL, too.</P>

titwio
12-07-2011, 04:56 PM
http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/4566/mind-blown.gif

GiantWarfare
12-07-2011, 05:20 PM
http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/4566/mind-blown.gif

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing012.gif

best gif ever....lmao....

everytime i see it, it makes my day...lol

nygfanmaybe
12-07-2011, 05:24 PM

</P>

AR12: 18-0 since last season including winning a SB. If you want to go on wins, then Rodgers still has Tebow crushed. I won't even bring stats into the conversation because it just wouldn't be fair.</P>

</P>

AR will be MVP. </P>

I had to delete and edit the rest...much back pedaling by me. You are right. I still think that if the Broncos win the division, he should get consideration...maybe AFC MVP...but when a guy is right...he is right...and you are right. AR will be the MVP.</P>

myles2424
12-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Someone post this guys email please

Drez
12-07-2011, 05:56 PM

</P>

</P>

AR will be MVP. </P>

I had to delete and edit the rest...much back pedaling by me. You are right. I still think that if the Broncos win the division, he should get consideration...maybe AFC MVP...but when a guy is right...he is right...and you are right. AR will be the MVP.</P>

</P>

I think for the second time in as many years (and I believe ever), we will have an MVP candidate receive all the first place votes and win in unanimous fashion.</P>

britishblue2
12-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Exactly I didn't even click the stupid link. I find it so funny how many people are sticking up for Eli now when all I read was Eli bashing for years on these threads. Interesting +1

NYSPORTS
12-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Adam Rank is a Chargers fan. He's like the melo09 and those dope who always led the "Eli Sucks" crew at the old BBWC.

Look up Adam Rank and you will find primarily articles praising Philip Rivers and bashing Eli Manning.

NYSPORTS
12-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Goto Google and type in:

Adam Rank Philip Rivers

&

Adam Rank Eli Manning

It's been non-stop for years.

britishblue2
12-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Goto Google and type in:

Adam Rank Philip Rivers

&

Adam Rank Eli Manning

It's been non-stop for years. Adam Rank is a grade A tool

NYSPORTS
12-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Adam Rank's facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/adamrankcomedy?sk=wall&filter=2

NYSPORTS
12-07-2011, 06:49 PM

and

www.adamrank.com

NYSPORTS
12-07-2011, 06:55 PM

and

www.adamrank.com

and

adamrankcomedy@yahoo.com

UNLEASH HELL ;)

repeatchamps
12-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Adam Rank's facebook page http://www.facebook.com/adamrankcomedy?sk=wall&amp;filter=2 and www.adamrank.com (http://www.adamrank.com)</P>

</P>

@adamrank is his twitter and yes he is still bashing Eli this evening. A guy said to him that the Giants need to improve the defense and they're set (he should have said o-line too). This fool responds something like"YesI agree, the Giants biggest needs are defense and QB."</P>

How can anyone take him seriously, lol.</P>

britishblue2
12-07-2011, 06:57 PM

and

www.adamrank.com

and

adamrankcomedy@yahoo.com

UNLEASH HELL ;) +1 ;)

jomo
12-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Not sure if anyone else has seen this....I guess you could call it an article..... on nfl.com.

Apparently it takes absolutely zero football knowledge or even common knowledge to get a job writing for NFL.com. I can't even put into words how absurd this article is....... let me just give you the title...and keep in mind this is NFL.com not some garb publication like bleacher report.

"Giants could be making move for much-needed QB"....................

full article HERE (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824cb929/article/giants-could-be-making-a-move-for-a-muchneeded-qb?module=HP11_hot_topics)

WTF???
Love the hyphen. My dog has better instincts with the hyphen! lol The guy writing this article is probably a referree in training. [;)]

BParcells777
12-08-2011, 03:56 AM
He is obviously not a giants fan but he has a point</P>

We could finish 10-6 or 6-10........this what happens to teams who do not have the D......I don't think its the players.....Fewell is proving to be a disaster</P>

The team does not have the heart the 2007 team had, although probably more talented</P>

As for the running game, that is coming around Adam apparently is unaware that we just upgraded our Oline by 50%......Bradshaws return is huge</P>

Our whole season is on the line Sunday night- Lose and we are back where we were last year.......unlikely to make the playoffs</P>

Firenugget
12-08-2011, 05:47 AM
He is obviously not a giants fan but he has a point</p>

We could finish 10-6 or 6-10........this what happens to teams who do not have the D......I don't think its the players.....Fewell is proving to be a disaster</p>

The team does not have the heart the 2007 team had, although probably more talented</p>

As for the running game, that is coming around Adam apparently is unaware that we just upgraded our Oline by 50%......Bradshaws return is huge</p>

Our whole season is on the line Sunday night- Lose and we are back where we were last year.......unlikely to make the playoffs</p>

I don't think you read what he wrote..

repeatchamps
12-08-2011, 09:30 AM
He is obviously not a giants fan but he has a point</P>

We could finish 10-6 or 6-10........this what happens to teams who do not have the D......I don't think its the players.....Fewell is proving to be a disaster</P>

The team does not have the heart the 2007 team had, although probably more talented</P>

As for the running game, that is coming around Adam apparently is unaware that we just upgraded our Oline by 50%......Bradshaws return is huge</P>

Our whole season is on the line Sunday night- Lose and we are back where we were last year.......unlikely to make the playoffs</P>

</P>

You need to clue in on some things he wrote better or read this thread more thoroughly. His comment about Eli Manning and his continualinsistance that QB is the biggest need on the team per his twitter page @adamrank is what is causing the uproar and causing others to consider him a complete fool.</P>