PDA

View Full Version : If Reese Is So Smart, Why Are The Giants ALWAYS in Cap Trouble Come FA Time

bigblue58
03-14-2012, 08:09 AM
We end up losing half our starters to FA and then we can't sign anyone to replace them! How is that smart?
And.......Let me go on the record as saying letting Blackburn go AGAIN is just downright stupid, because the Giants have nobody who is ready to play the position as well as Blackburn has!

jakegibbs
03-14-2012, 08:14 AM
We end up losing half our starters to FA and then we can't sign anyone to replace them! How is that smart?
And.......Let me go on the record as saying letting Blackburn go AGAIN is just downright stupid, because the Giants have nobody who is ready to play the position as well as Blackburn has!

Now that you think of it that way "We end up losing half our starters to FA " that does sounds reckless or at least risky.

No chance of repeat next year then for sure.

Going on the record for Chase is nice.. I hope someone in Giants front office reads this message board & will reconsider & resign the kid. He's a Giant true blue. I'd hate to see him intercepting Eli & wearing a Eagles, Redskin or Cowboys jersey.

Pa1jintfan
03-14-2012, 08:21 AM
I hate losing star players as well. But I think the giants are one of the best at retaining there talent. That's why we are always on the cusp of going over the cap.

AceOspadZ4
03-14-2012, 08:26 AM
2 championships in 4 years and you're going to complain that we dont have enough money for free agents? Who is it you want us to sign? Half of our starters? Who did we lose last year? Steve smith, kevin boss, barry cofield...how did that turn out? This post makes me sad

ru_gmen55
03-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Even without the cap trouble, the Giants aren't ever going to overpay for a guy that they feel they can replace. A backup RB, the 3rd WR...regardless of what they bring to the table, those are the respective roles of BJ and MM. As far as Blackburn goes, I would be surprised if he didn't return...but I think you are overrating him as a player. Don't get me wrong, I loved the things be did this year...but his speed keeps him from being anything more than a serviceable veteran...the Giants still need to keep their eyes and their options open. Again...I would Be shocked if they just straight up let him go.

Hooligans
03-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Two Super Bowl Wins in ;ast 5 years...How many other GMs can say that? You are a moron.

FBomb
03-14-2012, 08:46 AM
We end up losing half our starters to FA and then we can't sign anyone to replace them! How is that smart? And.......Let me go on the record as saying letting Blackburn go AGAIN is just downright stupid, because the Giants have nobody who is ready to play the position as well as Blackburn has!</P>

so tell me....which team that is NEVER in cap trouble has won 2 Superbowls in 4 years?</P>

Players come and go EVERY year. Get over it.</P>

Questioning Reese NOW is idiocy.</P>

buddy33
03-14-2012, 08:51 AM
How did he lose half the starters? In the world of FA you did lose guys. Last year they lost Cofield and he was one of the worst run stopping DT's in the league. Who was he replaced with? Joseph, the guy Reese drafted and the guy who was the 5th best DT against the run.

They lose Ross and Manningham this year. Far from half the starters. Anyway, Reese, the guy who has help build 2 Super Bowl Championship teams drafts players to take those FA's places. Last year he drafted Prince and JJ.

You do realize that he also has 2 rings and if the Burress situation doesn't happen he might have 3.

Kruunch
03-14-2012, 09:00 AM

2 Super Bowls in 4 years.

/thread

giantsfan420
03-14-2012, 09:08 AM
huh? last season we lost 3 players to FA.

we released a player or two and let a few go to FA to test their market.

and we're always at the cap bc we always field a competitve team. not one losing record in his 4 years as GM, and 2 SB wins...lol, that might explain it

barran21
03-14-2012, 09:09 AM
For the OP and anyone else thinking what he's thinking, let me break it down..

2009 cap was $127m
2010 uncap year.
2011 new CBA caps goes down to $119m..

So from the last capped year to new CBA, 2011 cap lost $8 mill...

Even the sports writers when the new CBA was finish thought the cap was going to be around $130m, no one expected to go back down, the new CBA screw Reese, right now we would be under the cap even with the $600k increase to the cap this year, Reese will get some breathing room next season when the new TV deal kicks in and the caps gets a massive increase...

GMENAGAIN
03-14-2012, 09:12 AM
We end up losing half our starters to FA and then we can't sign anyone to replace them! How is that smart? And.......Let me go on the record as saying letting Blackburn go AGAIN is just downright stupid, because the Giants have nobody who is ready to play the position as well as Blackburn has!</P>

We're losing half of our starters?</P>

I agree with you that if we lose Blackburn, we may never win another game. </P>

GameTime
03-14-2012, 09:14 AM
which players lost are "half of the starters"....</P>

</P>

</P>

nygsb42champs
03-14-2012, 09:17 AM
He was ripped aprt last year for letting smith, Boss etc..go and all he did was get us in postion to win the Super Bowl. I do not doubt JR.

GameTime
03-14-2012, 09:19 AM
<FONT color=#000080 size=4>He was ripped aprt last year for letting smith, Boss etc..go</FONT> and all he did was get us in postion to win the Super Bowl. I do not doubt JR.</P>

not by everyone he wasn't....</P>

But I think more fans trust he and the FO now after what happened last season. Amazing what winning a Super Bowk can do....:)</P>

</P>

CDN_G-FAN
03-14-2012, 09:24 AM
ahhh, New York Fans.

Where championships just don't cut it.

GameTime
03-14-2012, 09:25 AM
ahhh, New York Fans. Where championships just don't cut it.</P>

I know right......what a bunch of whiners......</P>

BTW...not all NY fans.......[B]</P>

SweetZombieJesus
03-14-2012, 09:45 AM

Last year we lost Steve Smith and Kevin Boss. Seems we replaced them just fine.

The Giants are one of those precious few teams that builds through the draft, and that means when you draft a lot of good players, it's hard to keep them all. You have to pick the ones you want to build the franchise around (Osi, Tuck, Eli, Nicks, JPP, etc.).

Look at those core guys, they guys you build a team around, and they're pretty much all drafted and not free agents. We add some seasoning via free agency but this team is built through the draft.

swimeasy
03-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Personally, I'm on a learning curve about how this cap situation works especially in view of how it could go down after an uncapped year when salary expenses don't follow that pattern from year to year. My frame of reference is in health care but, like here, there are variables that are out of your control.

Generally, being very under or very over is considered poor forecasting and planning. Being at and staying close to budget equates with using resources to the fullest and keeping a close eye on the big picture while adjusting for changes along the way (like getting into "cap trouble"). This is far more time intensive for a manager, but it is a sign of a good one and success is best assessed over time and outcomes achieved rather than each individual action. Reese is definitely a very successful GM and has earned my trust.

bLuereverie
03-14-2012, 09:54 AM
I think we lose more starters to injury than FA.

Vtgmenfan89
03-14-2012, 09:57 AM
Because we've won two out of the last 5 super bowls.

gumby742
03-14-2012, 10:02 AM
For the OP and anyone else thinking what he's thinking, let me break it down..

2009 cap was $127m
2010 uncap year.
2011 new CBA caps goes down to $119m..

So from the last capped year to new CBA, 2011 cap lost $8 mill...

Even the sports writers when the new CBA was finish thought the cap was going to be around $130m, no one expected to go back down, the new CBA screw Reese, right now we would be under the cap even with the $600k increase to the cap this year, Reese will get some breathing room next season when the new TV deal kicks in and the caps gets a massive increase...
</P>

</P>

bump.</P>

And on top of that, to the OP, think about what you said. You wonder why we are always in cap trouble, yet you want to resign all of our players. That's like wondering why you're so fat, while you eat ice cream every chance you get.</P>

slipknottin
03-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Generally, being very under or very over is considered poor forecasting and planning. Being at and staying close to budget equates with using resources to the fullest and keeping a close eye on the big picture while adjusting for changes along the way (like getting into "cap trouble"). This is far more time intensive for a manager, but it is a sign of a good one and success is best assessed over time and outcomes achieved rather than each individual action

this

krygny
03-14-2012, 02:00 PM
<font size="4">Maybe it's because the Giants have the quality of players that it takes to win two Super Bowls in the 5 years Reese has been GM.

Good players cost $.

</font>

MattMeyerBud
03-14-2012, 02:02 PM

lol

Toadofsteel
03-14-2012, 02:24 PM
He was ripped aprt last year for letting smith, Boss etc..go and all he did was get us in postion to win the Super Bowl. I do not doubt JR.

This. Reese will make it work. We all said he was an idiot for drafting JPP, for crying out loud. That alone should tell you that Reese makes the good decisions not governed by emotion. We thought that we would never win another super bowl without Plax. Uh-huh. We thought that Smith going to the eagles spelled the end of the 2011 season before it even started. Uh-huh. Let JR make the roster choices, and let TC get to coaching an awesome team.

Spizi
03-14-2012, 02:35 PM

So tell me exactly how many starters we are losing to FA this year? MM isn't, neither is Jacobs. How about a pathetic team like the Dolphins losing Marshall or Saints losing Nicks or Texans losing Mario Williams. How would you feel if you were a fan of those teams??

jjj45
03-14-2012, 02:37 PM
And.......Let me go on the record as saying letting Blackburn go AGAIN is just downright stupid, because the Giants have nobody who is ready to play the position as well as Blackburn has!Just take a step back brother and realize that we have won two SB's with Reese already in a very short time. It's a beautiful thing man.

RoanokeFan
03-14-2012, 02:38 PM

Free agency was invented to provide a more level playing field each and every year.

How do you know Chase Blackburn won't be on the team next year? I like the guy too and hope he'll get a chance to compete in training camp. But he's not the best MLB on the team and never was.

A question to ask/answer is why have all 32 teams given him a pass two years in a row?

Try to understand this concept: The GIANTS DO NOT build their teams via free agency. They prefer to build through the draft and develop players that have potential. As has been pointed out, players come and go every year and this year is no different.

GameTime
03-14-2012, 02:43 PM
I think we lose more starters to injury than FA.</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>Damn trainers!!! Fire them AND Reeses. </FONT></P>

GameTime
03-14-2012, 02:45 PM
We end up losing half our starters to FA and then we can't sign anyone to replace them! How is that smart? And.......Let me go on the record as saying letting Blackburn go AGAIN is just downright stupid, because the Giants have nobody who is ready to play the position as well as Blackburn has!

Free agency was invented to provide a more level playing field each and every year.

How do you know Chase Blackburn won't be on the team next year? I like the guy too and hope he'll get a chance to compete in training camp. But he's not the best MLB on the team and never was.

A question to ask/answer is why have all 32 teams given him a pass two years in a row?

Try to understand this concept: The GIANTS DO NOT build their teams via free agency. They prefer to build through the draft and develop players that have potential. As has been pointed out, players come and go every year and this year is no different.
</P>

you dare to use common sense, logic, and general knowledge of Giants football.........[;)]</P>

RoanokeFan
03-14-2012, 02:46 PM
We end up losing half our starters to FA and then we can't sign anyone to replace them! How is that smart? And.......Let me go on the record as saying letting Blackburn go AGAIN is just downright stupid, because the Giants have nobody who is ready to play the position as well as Blackburn has!

</p>

you dare to use common sense, logic, and general knowledge of Giants football.........[;)]</p>

Sometimes I falter lol

Morehead State
03-14-2012, 03:02 PM

Because we have really good players. And you have to pay really good players.</P>

The real question is how this isn't obvious to you.</P>

Garbloz
03-14-2012, 03:17 PM
is this thread a joke? we just won our 2 sb in 4 years. alot of teams haven't won 1 yet

G-Man67
03-14-2012, 03:34 PM
are we trying to win the cap bowl or the super bowl, im lost ?????

myles2424
03-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Hey we can always have a ton of cap room & be a team like the Bucs if you'd like....

Diamondring
03-14-2012, 03:43 PM
It is not how you start but how you finish. Reese is so good that even when the team is over the cap, he can find the right solution to fix it.

Medisleman
03-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Maybe the guy who started this thread would like to be a Dallas or Redskins fan. They always seem to have cap room to sign lots of guys. Works out great for them, they are always knocking on the door of the Superbowl.....Oh wait a minute........

NWKEffectElement
03-14-2012, 03:55 PM
The Bucs seem to be making big moves with their cap space, and a dwindling fan base. You may be able to help fill the void.

Beelzeboss
03-14-2012, 04:01 PM
2 Superbowl victories and a thread knocking Reese........ These MBs are completely insane. This is the reason I'v stopped posting here. These boards should be called "Fairweather Giants MB". Complain all year about everything this team does but then they win the SB and you are all hardcore firm believers......for a couple weeks anyway. What a joke. you know who you are.

GfieldGmen
03-14-2012, 04:44 PM
How are we always in cap trouble when over the last few yrs we have signed Canty, Boley, and Bernard to contracts. Signed Eli, Webster, Jacobs, Snee, Tuck, Kiwi to extensions. Signed, Rolle and Baas to contracts. Signed Bradshaw and TT to extensions.

We clearly have had the cap flexibility to pull off all these signings and extensions.

Juanito
03-14-2012, 04:45 PM
Reese has built two superbowl teams, yet some people still want to moan. Jesus, sit back, chill and enjoy it while we are champs, it might not happen again in your life time.

Harooni
03-14-2012, 05:39 PM
reese is a superb gm. one thing id like to see him do is dont be afraid to cut bloated contracts. restructuring and barely getting under will just make the same issues every year.

we are under but remember 15 or so more fa's to sign and also rookies.

Morehead State
03-14-2012, 05:49 PM
Reese has built two superbowl teams, yet some people still want to moan. Jesus, sit back, chill and enjoy it while we are champs, it might not happen again in your life time.
</P>

Maybe just one. Essentially Ernie built the 2007 team.</P>

Diamondring
03-14-2012, 05:51 PM
</P>

Maybe just one.* Essentially Ernie built the 2007 team.</P>Draft picks played a big part in Giants Superbowl Victory.

NWKEffectElement
03-14-2012, 06:06 PM
</P>

Maybe just one.* Essentially Ernie built the 2007 team.</P>

Without Smith, Boss, AB, Johnson(maybe) and Zak we don't in 2007. Not to mention without Reese as the 2nd in charge the roster could have been totally different the previous years.

Morehead State
03-14-2012, 06:09 PM
</P>

Maybe just one. Essentially Ernie built the 2007 team.</P>

Without Smith, Boss, AB, Johnson(maybe) and Zak we don't in 2007. Not to mention without Reese as the 2nd in charge the roster could have been totally different the previous years.</P>

I think Eli, Tuck, Jacobs, Plaxico, Toomer, Webby, Snee, KMac, Deihl, Pierce, etc.... might have had something to do with the SB win.</P>

But I'm funny that way.</P>

And one would suggest that JR learned everything he knew from Ernie.</P>

gmen46
03-14-2012, 06:40 PM
</P>

Without Smith, Boss, AB, Johnson(maybe) and Zak we don't in 2007. Not to mention without Reese as the 2nd in charge the roster could have been totally different the previous years.</P>

I think Eli, Tuck, Jacobs, Plaxico, Toomer, Webby, Snee, KMac, Deihl, Pierce, etc.... might have had something to do with the SB win.</P>

Technically, you're right of course (except for Toomer, who was drafted 2 years prior to EA coming to the Giants).

But it is a mistake, in my opinion, to underestimate the high level of Reese's contribution to the make-up of the 07 Giants even though he wasn't GM before then.

As I understand Reese's role for several years leading up to his 2007 appointment as GM, he was second only to Accorsi in his influence over personnel acquisitions--with all scouting reporting ti him-- and since Giants' personnel decisions have been for years decisions by consensus, his responsibilities for making the right personnel decisions were enormous.

Drez
03-14-2012, 06:46 PM
</P>

Technically, you're right of course (except for Toomer, who was drafted 2 years prior to EA coming to the Giants).

But it is a mistake, in my opinion, to underestimate the high level of Reese's contribution to the make-up of the 07 Giants even though he wasn't GM before then.

As I understand Reese's role for several years leading up to his 2007 appointment as GM, he was second only to Accorsi in his influence over personnel acquisitions--with all scouting reporting ti him-- and since Giants' personnel decisions have been for years decisions by consensus, his responsibilities for making the right personnel decisions were enormous. JR was the head of college scouting, so he pretty much had Marc Ross' job. So, yes, even though he wasn't GM, he was still instrumental in building the '07 team.

Drez
03-14-2012, 06:48 PM
To the OP: Maybe we're always against the cap because Reese is good at finding good talent. Talented players usually ask for a lot of money.

Harooni
03-14-2012, 07:44 PM
trying to hold on to too many players it happens. reese is one of the best though

like to see osi traded ,rolle and canty cut. this way 2013 we are in a nice position under the cap.

Drez
03-14-2012, 08:18 PM
trying to hold on to too many players it happens. reese is one of the best though

like to see osi traded ,rolle and canty cut. this way 2013 we are in a nice position under the cap.
</P>

Cutting Rolle this season is absolutely ******ed. It'd create way too much dead money and would likely make our cap situation worse this season as any suitable replacement would probably cost more than the $3m it'd free up. I don't understand why you have such trouble understanding that. Pissing away $6m to save $3m just doesn't make sense.Additionally, if we cut him, we'd essentially be paying him to play on a new team. If we're going to pay him he better damn well be playing for us.</P>

We'd also lose both a locker room and on field leader. </P>

Also, why cut a player like him? It'd make more sense to trade him (though, admittedly, I've always been confused on if we'd take any kind of cap hit for trades or if all remaining money on the contract is traded with the player).</P>

Cutting Canty is likewise a dumb move. He's making money commensurate with his caliber of DT. More importantly, we don't have a replacement for him on the roster</P>

BlueSanta
03-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Any team that drafts as well as we do is going to be in cap trouble when it comes time to resign them. So pick your poison, we could suck at draft picking and get lots of pretty free agents(see the skins,, Cowboys, Dolphins and a few others) or we could just continue being good at drafting.

Harooni
03-14-2012, 08:21 PM

</p>

Cutting Rolle this season is absolutely ******ed. It'd create way too much dead money and would likely make our cap situation worse this season as any suitable replacement would probably cost more than the $3m it'd free up. I don't understand why you have such trouble understanding that. Pissing away $6m to save $3m just doesn't make sense.Additionally, if we cut him, we'd essentially be paying him to play on a new team. If we're going to pay him he better damn well be playing for us.</p>

you free up only 3mill short term, like most fans you lack vision for the future. fyi-plenty of safeties out there this of season. can be had at a reasonable price plus we can draft.

Coach Carter
03-14-2012, 08:27 PM
Generally, being very under or very over is considered poor forecasting and planning. Being at and staying close to budget equates with using resources to the fullest and keeping a close eye on the big picture while adjusting for changes along the way (like getting into "cap trouble"). This is far more time intensive for a manager, but it is a sign of a good one and success is best assessed over time and outcomes achieved rather than each individual action

this

this 2

Drez
03-14-2012, 08:46 PM

</P>

Cutting Rolle this season is absolutely ******ed. It'd create way too much dead money and would likely make our cap situation worse this season as any suitable replacement would probably cost more than the $3m it'd free up. I don't understand why you have such trouble understanding that. Pissing away $6m to save $3m just doesn't make sense.Additionally, if we cut him, we'd essentially be paying him to play on a new team. If we're going to pay him he better damn well be playing for us.</P>

you free up only 3mill short term, like most fans you lack vision for the future. fyi-plenty of safeties out there this of season. can be had at a reasonable price plus we can draft.
</P>

I don't lack vision for the future, in fact it'd probably be better to cut him next season as I believe the move would create less dead money. But, I don't care how you slice it, pissing away $6m to free up $3m this season doesn't make any sense. </P>

Ok, so theremighgt besome safeties out there that'll go for under $3m... But, even then, you'd be throwing away $6m to save, what, $1m? How does that make sense? Then if we draft a safety as part of replacing him, add the rook's salary in there, too... Wow, we'd save a whole $500k. </P>

Again, it makes no sense cutting him this year.</P>

Rolle may not have lived up to his contract (and I don't even know as if he hasn't... It isn't like we've asked him to play a lot of standard safety), but his play isn't so poor, nor the situation so untenable as to justify throwing away $6m.</P>

Drez
03-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Generally, being very under or very over is considered poor forecasting and planning. Being at and staying close to budget equates with using resources to the fullest and keeping a close eye on the big picture while adjusting for changes along the way (like getting into "cap trouble"). This is far more time intensive for a manager, but it is a sign of a good one and success is best assessed over time and outcomes achieved rather than each individual action this this 2</P>

This x3.</P>

Wow, swim, very insightful, poignant, and cogent post.</P>

AGiantDynasty
03-14-2012, 09:20 PM
You're right. Winning 2 superbowls in 4 years, Drafting high quality talent (JPP, Tuck, Nicks) and finding diamonds in the rough (Cruz), all play 2nd fiddle to making sure we have 20 million in cap space a year..

Are you insane? You do realize cap space is there to be used so you can win the superbowl. If we were the Redskins and spent money like crazy just to never make the playoffs you would have a point.

But considering we just won our 2nd superbowl, perhaps you should find another sport.

Football obviously goes over your head...

GfieldGmen
03-15-2012, 11:27 AM

The salary cap is expected to sky rocket in 2013-2014.

And I doubt we will ever be way under the cap during the Eli era because we will continue to give our core players extensions.. Nicks, Cruz, Tuck will never see free agency. JPP won't be far behind with his extension.

We won't look to be way under the cap until Eli retires and we need to rebuild.

miked1958
03-15-2012, 11:31 AM

I didnt read the whole 4pages of this thread so this has prob already been said.</P>

I think it has alot to do with all the ReStructuring and REDOing of Contracts that the Giants do. It will save you money the year you are doing it but then those extra millions get counted AGAINST the Cap in all the remaining years of that guys contract and adds up. And we have been doing it alot since 07. you cant get out from under it unless you CUT some people eventually and we are now going to start seeing alot of that i fear. Also i think Extentions of exsisting contracts hurt the Cap somewhat</P>

Shockdisnation03
03-15-2012, 12:03 PM
Reese is the Man....Cap Trouble or Not....We have 2 Super Bowls to show for his troubles....

WE LOVE YOU REESE !!!!

swimeasy
03-15-2012, 12:57 PM
We end up losing half our starters to FA and then we can't sign anyone to replace them! How is that smart? And.......Let me go on the record as saying letting Blackburn go AGAIN is just downright stupid, because the Giants have nobody who is ready to play the position as well as Blackburn has!</p>

I didnt read the whole 4pages of this thread so this has prob already been said.</p>

I think it has alot to do with all the ReStructuring and REDOing of Contracts that the Giants do. It will save you money the year you are doing it but then those extra millions get counted AGAINST the Cap in all the remaining years of that guys contract and adds up. And we have been doing it alot since 07. you cant get out from under it unless you CUT some people eventually and we are now going to start seeing alot of that i fear. Also i think Extentions of exsisting contracts hurt the Cap somewhat</p>

Mike, my take is that Reese saw the impact of the new TV contracts coming when he decided to do the restructures. As GfieldGmne stated "the salary cap is expected to sky rocket in 2013-2014" so my guess is that JR determined the future impact can be absorbed as a result. Even so, he has still carefully selected who to restructure and how. Of course, none of us has all the info available that JR has when he makes these decisions, but this looks pretty good imho. I also like that JR and TC have such a good relationship so I have confidence about all possible options being explored before decisions are made.

pino
03-15-2012, 02:16 PM
I've never heard of a Super Bowl champion that doesn't have trouble resigning their FA's. That's not Reese's fault.

We are not always in cap trouble, but we have been lately. It doesn't matter though because they were obviously the right moves. I will take this situation any time if it means there will be a ring ceremony waiting for the Gmen when the season starts.

Joe Morrison
03-15-2012, 02:32 PM

I didnt read the whole 4pages of this thread so this has prob already been said.</P>

I think it has alot to do with all the ReStructuring and REDOing of Contracts that the Giants do. It will save you money the year you are doing it but then those extra millions get counted AGAINST the Cap in all the remaining years of that guys contract and adds up. And we have been doing it alot since 07. you cant get out from under it unless you CUT some people eventually and we are now going to start seeing alot of that i fear. Also i think Extentions of exsisting contracts hurt the Cap somewhat</P>

</P>

They will have to deal with that mad shuffle of money for 5 more years, than when Eli retires the dump the whole show, get back to reality and spend 2 or 3 years getting back into contention.</P>

The whole system is a joke, to pay any player 100 million dollars is just ludicrous, how much money do these players need to live a real comfortable life and set themselves up for the future, it's just a joke.</P>

Mario Williams just signed with the Bills, 100 million, now where does that leave the rest of the team?</P>

Manning2Niks
03-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Lol @ this threads existence. I'm not even gonna read anything in it bc I assume the title is the punchline of an awful joke.

sharick88
03-15-2012, 02:53 PM

I find it astonishing that someone would ***** about a GM that has 2 SB wins in 5 years with his way of doing business

JMGGIANTS
03-15-2012, 03:05 PM
Useless post, did you forget we won 2 SB's in the last 5 years. I bet you thought he was stupid for not overpaying Steve Smith right?

RagTime Blue
03-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Last year folks were blasting Reese for not getting Smith or Burress. Oh, and also for not "addressing" the LB position in the draft early enough.

The average fan (including me) has no idea how to calculate the cap or just how "in trouble" we are.

Once a fan recognizes how little he/she really knows, life becomes much more pleasant.

Reese is the man.

JMGGIANTS
03-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Another thing, when there is a salary CAP not being able to re-sign all of your starters is just a symptom of the CAP. Not only the Giants but every other NFL team. The NHL has the same issue. After the Blackhawks won the cup they lost several star players because of CAP

Marvelousmik
03-15-2012, 03:14 PM
2 Super Bowls in 4 years.

/thread

/thread

Tony Bruno
03-15-2012, 03:54 PM
2 SBs in 4 years... Ill take those odds any day of the week... I guess we need a Browns GM huh???