PDA

View Full Version : Coaching

StarWarsGiant
12-07-2011, 08:00 AM
Do you guys think the players especially on defense do not believe in Fewell's scheme and what's being called?
There is alot of talent on the defense, I even see some in the young linebackers. Yeah they nake mistakes but there is some talent there.

I can only believe there is a serious lack of belief in what they are doing and the gameplan or lack there of is being called.

Or could it be they are just not that talented?

Whatever it is this is wack.

nygsb42champs
12-07-2011, 08:11 AM
I believe that some of the mistakes come from inexperience but Fewell does not make adjustments during the game.

BK07071
12-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Do you guys think the players especially on defense do not believe in Fewell's scheme and what's being called?
There is alot of talent on the defense, I even see some in the young linebackers. Yeah they nake mistakes but there is some talent there.

I can only believe there is a serious lack of belief in what they are doing and the gameplan or lack there of is being called.

Whatever it is this is wack.

I believe the answer to your question lies in the faces of the defensive players and their body language. Did you see the expression on the face of Tuck as the cameras panned the Giants bench during the Saints game? Did you notice that not one player was focused on the game but instead looked straight ahead while they sat on the bench as though they were staring into space?
So you tell me.....do they believe in Fewell's schemes? I think the answer is pretty obvious.

RoanokeFan
12-07-2011, 09:19 AM
In a recent interview one of the players, I think either Grant or Boley, was asked about the play calling and his response was something to this effect:

"If they call kindergarten plays, we have to excecute those plays" and we didn't. When the plays called work the coaches are terrific, when the plays don't work, the are jerks. But when the same plays are called week in and week out and they work sometimes and sometimes not, who is really to blame, if there is blame to be had?

burier
12-07-2011, 11:58 AM
I get the sense that the players don't like the defense.

The DBs don't like playing Zone. The lineman don't like dropping into coverage.

The linebackers are too young to know any better.

I think one thing that happened to our Defense is that we OVERVALUED T2 and when he got hurt PF paniced even though T2 is no more than a legit starter.

So a false perception that we had a "depleted" secondary infected the whole team despite losing just 1 player to be replaced by the guy the first round draft pick who was supposed to be starting there anyway.

The Prince injury is irrelevant since he was taken as the bpa...he wasn't even a need!

There was no reason why our defense should have become so soft in the secondary because 1 guy got hurt.

The Goff got hurt but again we're talking about a legit starter at best not Ray Lewis. There's no reason for the defense to become soft because a guy with only one year as a starter under his belt got hurt.

Fewell has been coaching scared.

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Fewel have his most success in Buffalo running zone coverages? I ask because I could have swore that he ran mostly Zone and he was a Zone based DC and that's pretty much been my only issue. The defense was built to attack but I don't think he has that kind of mentality.

giantsforce
12-07-2011, 01:18 PM

Whatever it is this is wack.No matter what the coaches apologists will have you believe, it is both with the majority of the blame going to the coaching staff. If you break down the coverage that Fewell called on the long pass to Nelson, they were in a man coverage and blitz formation, with no safety support. So now you have a slow CB who just got in to the game playing man coverage on a speedy receiver, without any support and worse yet, you have shown your hand because you have not disguise the blitz, Now you are facing the top QB in the league and you are not even disguising your formation? Is that coaching or is it the players? In my book this is 100% coaching mistake.

repeatchamps
12-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Do you guys think the players especially on defense do not believe in Fewell's scheme and what's being called? There is alot of talent on the defense, I even see some in the young linebackers. Yeah they nake mistakes but there is some talent there. I can only believe there is a serious lack of belief in what they are doing and the gameplan or lack there of is being called. Or could it be they are just not that talented? Whatever it is this is wack.No matter what the coaches apologists will have you believe, it is both with the majority of the blame going to the coaching staff. If you break down the coverage that Fewell called on the long pass to Nelson, they were in a man coverage and blitz formation, with no safety support. So now you have a slow CB who just got in to the game playing man coverage on a speedy receiver, without any support and worse yet, you have shown your hand because you have not disguise the blitz, Now you are facing the top QB in the league and you are not even disguising your formation? Is that coaching or is it the players? In my book this is 100% coaching mistake.</P>

I couldn't agree with you more.</P>