PDA

View Full Version : Nicks to be paid more than Calvin Johnson?

AllTuckedUp
03-14-2012, 12:39 PM
You know who's excited about Megatron's $132 million deal? Hakeem Nicks -- who could get MORE. His numbers are better than Calvin Johnson's through their first three seasons (in three fewer games, too). Johnson had 193 catches, 3,071 yards, 21 TDs through 3 years. Nicks has 202-3,034-24. ... Also, Nicks is signed through 2013, so he'll be a free agent just as the new TV money kicks in and the NFL salary cap goes through the roof. ... Jerry Reese and @peterjschaffer, start your engines. #NFL

****This was quote by Ralph V******

I doubt Reese would ever do that.

slipknottin
03-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Calvin didnt have a legitimate QB throwing to him his first three seasons....

Cant go completely off stats here.

nygsb42champs
03-14-2012, 12:42 PM
I think Nicks is a very good WR but he is not Calvin Johnson.

AllTuckedUp
03-14-2012, 12:42 PM
****This was quote by Ralph V******

giantsfan39
03-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Um what?

Mike Wallace has even better numbers. Do you think Mike Wallace will get more than Johnson?
Johnson just came off a 1681 yd, 16 TD season. He is the best WR in the NFL. While nicks was outproduce by cruz last year.

LT_was_good
03-14-2012, 12:45 PM
The Lions depend far more on Johnson than the Giants do on Nicks.

bLuereverie
03-14-2012, 12:48 PM
It's not about an argument of two players' skillsets, but rather what kind of market environment Nicks could potentially be in at 2014 which is a big FA year with caps ballooning.

He's obviously speaking in extremes as Nicks won't be paid in CJ or Fitz's range, but he does have a point in that this deal inflates positional value prematurely.

krygny
03-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Nicks might be the greatest receiver who ever wore a Giants uniform and I hope he and Cruz retire as Giants but neither of them is Megatron. The guy is ridiculous.

GMenNY21
03-14-2012, 12:52 PM
Big nicks fan . But , he's not in Calvin Johnson's league right now..
He still will command more than what Vincent Jackson got.. Probably in between Jackson & Calvin Johnson area ... Like 95 million & Cruz won't get much less ... Add JPP & KP & we have to shed out some serious cash over the next 3 years

GiantsYanks
03-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Nicks might be the greatest receiver who ever wore a Giants uniform and I hope he and Cruz retire as Giants but neither of them is Megatron. The guy is ridiculous.

+1

TheEnigma
03-14-2012, 12:54 PM
I love me some Nicks and Cruz but if they want to get paid like Megatron, I guess I look forward to the days of Jernigan and uhmm...yea.

Because it wouldn't be smart of us to lock down so much of our cap into two WR's.

BigBlue1971
03-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Hakeem is a great receiver for the Giants; however Megatron he is not at this point! Nicks will get paid but not Megatron numbers! that guy is a beast in every sense of the word.

TuckYou
03-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Calvin Johnson > Hakeem Nicks , Not saying Nicks is bad, but he isnt CJ. In fact, I can only think of 1 or 2 others you can compare to CJ, Andre Johnson and Larry Fitz.

miked1958
03-14-2012, 01:12 PM
The Lions depend far more on Johnson than the Giants do on Nicks.
</P>

That is very True.. but if the Giants dont come in with numbers similar to those Calvin got then he will go into the FA Market to see what it will bear. If that happens someone will throw crazy money at him and we will lose him. We may want to consider getting him to sign and EXT at some point.. </P>

Rich4114
03-14-2012, 01:16 PM
I have no problem with Nicks getting a crap-load of money. I don't have a problem with Cruz getting it either. If that means a revolving door at 3rd/4th WR then so be it but having those weapons with Eli is a big deal and will keep us competitive for a looooooooooooong time.

G-Man67
03-14-2012, 01:17 PM
too soon to worry about that</P>

Toadofsteel
03-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Hakeem may not have the raw talent that Megatron does, but he makes up for it in his team discipline. That's how the giants roll. That's how Eli can beat Brady twice in the SB head to head. That's how a team that was banged up and counted out by many as late as christmas can win the super bowl. Hakeem may not be the best WR in the nfl, but he's the absolute best for the GIANTS...

Kase-1
03-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Only reason I dont think Prince Hakeem deserves Megatron money is because 'Tron is his teams only passing option and he produced even when they had no QB in 'The D'

That being said, Prince Hakeem may go on to be the best WR in Giants history. He is everything we have never had in a WR in our teams history and I want to ink that boy for LIFE!!!!

giantsfan420
03-14-2012, 01:37 PM
lol. its funny. when we're just comparing and trying to rank Nicks during the regular season, people say Nicks is absolutely in CJ and LF league and he is. Now that we're discussing his contract, the tune changes to I love Nicks but he isnt in CJ and LF range...lol.

Nicks beats double teams, makes ridic catches, solid route runner, goes across the middle, has huge YAC receptions, consistent, and improving every season. Nicks is absolutely on the level of CJ and LF, CJ is just more of a physical beast and LF is more astute and a savvy veteran.

I'd honestly take Nicks over LFitz if I was starting a franchise tomorrow...the one issue with Nicks is he gets injured a little too much...

Edit- but also I think you have to consider how AMAZING Eli truly is bc as good as Nicks is, Eli makes him better...

TheEnigma
03-14-2012, 02:01 PM
lol. its funny. when we're just comparing and trying to rank Nicks during the regular season, people say Nicks is absolutely in CJ and LF league and he is. Now that we're discussing his contract, the tune changes to I love Nicks but he isnt in CJ and LF range...lol.

Nicks beats double teams, makes ridic catches, solid route runner, goes across the middle, has huge YAC receptions, consistent, and improving every season. Nicks is absolutely on the level of CJ and LF, CJ is just more of a physical beast and LF is more astute and a savvy veteran.

I'd honestly take Nicks over LFitz if I was starting a franchise tomorrow...the one issue with Nicks is he gets injured a little too much...

Edit- but also I think you have to consider how AMAZING Eli truly is bc as good as Nicks is, Eli makes him better...Anyone who said Nicks is in the same league as CJ or LF are wrong lol. You gotta love Nicks but he hasn't proven (got the chance really) to show he can put up good numbers with subpar QB's like Megatron or Fitz have.

As for double teams, Megatron always faces them yet always shows up and makes play. Nicks can as well but not on as a consistent basis. He was blanketed out in the SF game afterall and at times in the regular season when it was "Cruz" time.

Megatron, Fitz, and Andre are in the 1st tier and Nicks is in that 2nd tier waiting to knock on the door. Let's see what happens next season.

Diamondring
03-14-2012, 02:45 PM
I think Nicks is a very good WR but he is not Calvin Johnson.He's better.

MikeIsaGiant
03-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Homers, listen the **** up

Megatron > Nicks

That doesn't mean Nicks sucks, get over it.