PDA

View Full Version : I don't get this idea people have saying "so-and-so got this so we will have to offer the same"

NYG4lifeNYK
03-14-2012, 01:21 PM
No we don't. Just because one GM jumps off a bridge doesn't mean Reese is going to follow suit.

Just because one GM is foolish enough to make bad financial decisions doesn't mean Reese will. If players expect the Giants to give out these deals other ignorant GM's are well then there's the door. Thanks for the visit take a candy on your way out.

Reese wins super bowls and there's a reason for that.

If Bennet wants a deal similar to Carlson good luck with the next team. However if Reese gives it to him I trust him wholeheartedly. I will not question Reese until he gives us reason to. His track record is immaculate, one of the best.

Nicks will get his money however it will not be anywhere close to what Calvin got.

giantsfan420
03-14-2012, 01:30 PM
No we don't. Just because one GM jumps off a bridge doesn't mean Reese is going to follow suit.

Just because one GM is foolish enough to make bad financial decisions doesn't mean Reese will. If players expect the Giants to give out these deals other ignorant GM's are well then there's the door. Thanks for the visit take a candy on your way out.

If Bennet wants a deal similar to Carlson good luck with the next team. However if Reese gives it to him I trust him wholeheartedly. I will not question Reese until he gives us reason to. His track record is immaculate, one of the best.

Nicks will get his money however it will not be anywhere close to what Calvin got.

every situation is different but they will use calvin johnsons contract as a measuring point. not just nicks, but every WR.

but I ain't too worried about Nicks or Cruz getting selfish, both seem like the genuinely love it here and want to be teammates. Plus, Cruz is an UDFA that the Giants gave a shot, his only shot. That HAS to count for something and I believe it will. Not to mention Eli playing a huge role in their success.

There's also other contracts that can be gauged with, like Robert Meaches, Pierre Garcons, it'll basically be an avg of contracts similar to that of the WR we're trying to sign caliber.

But again, I'm not too worried. We get the massive cap increase the 2014 season, so we can just backload the contracts a bit and give them a fair payday, plus I doubt we let them get to FA in the first place and re-sign them before it comes to a bidding war.

Reese is a genius too, whose to say we don't get a guy who can do even better than our WR's, if people hadn't noticed yet, Reese is a HELLUVA talent evaluater.

jhamburg
03-14-2012, 01:30 PM
Well we can't just refuse to ever sign/extend anyone...

I mean record breaking deals, wise or not, raise the bar for everyone else that's just the way it is.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-14-2012, 02:10 PM
Well we can't just refuse to ever sign/extend anyone...

I mean record breaking deals, wise or not, raise the bar for everyone else that's just the way it is.

Doesn't mean we have to go that high... we stick to our principals & reward players accordingly. We always take care of our guys.

ryan12
03-14-2012, 02:52 PM

i agree reese is a very good gm. sexy moves are good but smart ones win super bowl's. resse hasnt given us a reason to doubt him yet so why start now

MattMeyerBud
03-14-2012, 02:54 PM

every contract is based off somebody else's contract

its the way it is

Medisleman
03-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Remember what Brandon Jacobs said last year in an interview. You can be a rich guy who never wins or you can be a slightly less rich guy who wins lots of games and Superbowls. I'd rather be rich and a winner than filthy rich and a loser. Those are the guys we want on this team and those are the guys who will accept a more reasonable salary and play for the GMEN rather than going and getting absurd money from some dumb team.