PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, what is with all the Reese hate?

NWKEffectElement
03-14-2012, 03:46 PM
He has been our best GM since Young. If you consider free agency may turn out to be the best GM. Has helped win 2 SBs so far. With that said threads keep popping up questioning his every move(or lack of) via free agency.

I rejected the mindset put forth by more mature Giants fans that we have gotten spoiled, but I now believe it. Or maybe no matter what he does for some reason he will be hated.

MikeIsaGiant
03-14-2012, 03:48 PM
WE DIDN'T SIGN ****ING FINNEGAN TO 10 MILLION A YEAR, REESE SUCKS! HOLY ****

/redfont

Diamondring
03-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Yes he is one of the best GMs the Giants had in a long time. It seems that since the last days as Fassal being the HC the Giants have had a lot of injuries. If they didn't happen that much then Giants could have had more Superbowl Wins. If we look at the playoffs when most of the team was healthy, you and others can see that Reese put together a powerful team.

bLuereverie
03-14-2012, 03:53 PM
This board works in extremes. He is either Zeus incarnate or pocket lint.

Martyr
03-14-2012, 03:58 PM
He didnt win enough super bowls since he became the Giants GM</P>

NWKEffectElement
03-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Yes he is one of the best GMs the Giants had in a long time. It seems that since the last days as Fassal being the HC the Giants have had a lot of injuries. If they didn't happen that much then Giants could have had more Superbowl Wins. If we look at the playoffs when most of the team was healthy, you and others can see that Reese put together a powerful team.

I agree. The 08 team was built for another run also, but we all know what happen. The 09 team was really the only team that was flawed enough to say we didn't have a chance. The 10 team was built for a run, but turnovers alone cost us that chance.

NWKEffectElement
03-14-2012, 04:00 PM

Yup, we should have 4 since 07 I guess.

EJ Blue
03-14-2012, 04:00 PM
Reese didn't help you win this last Superbowl. You can even say, you won the Superbowl DESPITE Reese screwing things up in the offseason. It's funny how people forget so quickly.

jhamburg
03-14-2012, 04:03 PM
He has been our best GM since Young. If you consider free agency may turn out to be the best GM. Has helped win 2 SBs so far. With that said threads keep popping up questioning his every move(or lack of) via free agency.

I rejected the mindset put forth by more mature Giants fans that we have gotten spoiled, but I now believe it. Or maybe no matter what he does for some reason he will be hated.

There is no serious debate about Reese anymore. People who think Reese is doing a bad job are idiots.

Beelzeboss
03-14-2012, 04:03 PM
The majority of people are complete idiots......case closed.

NWKEffectElement
03-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Reese didn't help you win this last Superbowl. You can even say, you won the Superbowl DESPITE Reese screwing things up in the offseason. It's funny how people forget so quickly.

Forget what?? The roster didn't somehow form itself. He believed from day one that this team would make a run despite naysayers like you.

Bohemian
03-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Reese sucks because he did not sign Tebow... it does not matter that he is a bad QB, nor that he is not even a free agent... Reese should still to after Tebow. May be we can trade Eli, Osi, and our 1st born for Tebowmania.... otherwise, Reese hates Christ!

Diamondring
03-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Reese sucks because he did not sign Tebow... it does not matter that he is a bad QB, nor that he is not even a free agent... Reese should still to after Tebow.* May be we can trade Eli, Osi, and our 1st born for Tebowmania.... otherwise, Reese hates Christ!
hahahahahaaa you are so right. Those posters are something else.

CDN_G-FAN
03-14-2012, 04:23 PM
He has been our best GM since Young. If you consider free agency may turn out to be the best GM. Has helped win 2 SBs so far. With that said threads keep popping up questioning his every move(or lack of) via free agency. I rejected the mindset put forth by more mature Giants fans that we have gotten spoiled, but I now believe it. Or maybe no matter what he does for some reason he will be hated.</P>

Reese has done a very good job, even great. I wouldn't call it outstanding, although the results have certainly been "outstanding" i don't think that automaticallycan be attributed toReese and his brilliance.</P>

Also, it's possible he can do an outstanding job at GM and we don't win any SBs, so i'd rather have him do 'very good' with a couple championshiptrophies in the casethan the alternative.</P>

at the beginning of the year i said the proof would be in the pudding.i thought we had a brutal offseason, andit wasn't because we didn't signFAs (for the record, i hate FAs).</P>

I was concerned that 2 of our top 4 receiving targets were leaving town, we had literally no TE strategy at all, we still had no obvious starters at LBer other than Boley, we had cap trouble because of deals for Canty, Rocky, and our RBs, and our offensive line had undergone a major transformation which could have affected our running game.</P>

Well, i couldn't have been more wrong on the change in receiving targets. The TEs worked out really well all things considered, so i was wrong there, the LBers hurt us initially but that had more to do with injuries than actual roster holes, i was wrong there again, the cap trouble remains an issue, got that one right, and our offensive line you can definitely hang on Reese, it was not very good and isn't improving.
</P>

Reese made the moves he feels he has to, and so far he's been more right alot more than wrong.</P>

Has he benefited from a very good coaching staff and having an outstanding QB? Sure, but what GM doesn't benefit from that combo?</P>

So, all things considered, Reese has been great. Can you look at this roster and say that we've got some issues? oh yeah. I think most teams can say the same thing.</P>

what could he have possibly done better? For me its the cap and our offensive line. If we had a little more space, more to retain players we like than sign FAs, and if our line was still really good (it used to be awesome, i'd take really good right now), i'd be wondering if Reese was some expert football alien hiding in human skin a la' Men In Black.</P>

But those are glaring problems. Overall, how can you not like what he's done? But is Jesus Christ walking around in Jerry's suits with Jerry's haircut and talking like Jerry? No.</P>

EJ Blue
03-14-2012, 04:24 PM

Forget what?? The roster didn't somehow form itself. He believed from day one that this team would make a run despite naysayers like you.Yeah, of course people "always thought this team would make a run" when you look at it in hindsight. I don't even want to hear about that crap. They were ill-prepared due to bad personnel moves, it just so happens that everything turned out well in the end.

Itlan
03-14-2012, 04:29 PM
So it's somehow Reese's fault TT, Goff and a slew of others went down with injury, and Tuck and Osi were hamstringed all season? It's Reese's fault the Eagles overpaid for Smith and he didn't even top 200 yards or 2 TDs for the season? Oh, and that Kevin Boss, real impact player! And who can forget Barry Cofield being the 2nd worst DT against the run this season, while Linval showed what he was capable of.

What the hell are you even talking about? I guess Reese should've signed more FAs with all that cap money we had.

Shut the **** up. You know nothing.

NWKEffectElement
03-14-2012, 04:37 PM
He has been our best GM since Young. If you consider free agency may turn out to be the best GM. Has helped win 2 SBs so far. With that said threads keep popping up questioning his every move(or lack of) via free agency. I rejected the mindset put forth by more mature Giants fans that we have gotten spoiled, but I now believe it. Or maybe no matter what he does for some reason he will be hated.</P>

Reese has done a very good job, even great.* I wouldn't call it outstanding, although the results have certainly been "outstanding" i don't think that automatically*can be attributed to*Reese and his brilliance.</P>

Also, it's possible he can do an outstanding job at GM and we don't win any SBs, so i'd rather have him do 'very good' with a couple championship*trophies in the case*than the alternative.</P>

at the beginning of the year i said the proof would be in the pudding.*i thought we had a brutal offseason, and*it wasn't because we didn't sign*FAs (for the record, i hate FAs).*</P>

I was concerned that 2 of our top 4 receiving targets were leaving town, we had literally no TE strategy at all, we still had no obvious starters at LBer other than Boley, we had cap trouble because of deals for Canty, Rocky, and our RBs, and our offensive line had undergone a major transformation which could have affected our running game.</P>

Well, i couldn't have been more wrong on the change in receiving targets.* The TEs worked out really well all things considered, so i was wrong there, the LBers hurt us initially but that had more to do with injuries than actual roster holes, i was wrong there again, the cap trouble remains an issue, got that one right, and our offensive line you can definitely hang on Reese, it was not very good and isn't improving.
</P>

Reese made the moves he feels he has to, and so far he's been more right alot more than wrong.</P>

Has he benefited from a very good coaching staff and having an outstanding QB?* Sure, but what GM doesn't benefit from that combo?</P>

So, all things considered, Reese has been great.* Can you look at this roster and say that we've got some issues? oh yeah.* I think most teams can say the same thing.</P>

what could he have possibly done better?* For me its the cap and our offensive line.* If we had a little more space, more to retain players we like than sign FAs, and if our line was still really good (it used to be awesome, i'd take really good right now), i'd be wondering if Reese was some expert football alien hiding in human skin a la' Men In Black.</P>

But those are glaring problems.* Overall, how can you not like what he's done?* But is Jesus Christ walking around in Jerry's suits with Jerry's haircut and talking like Jerry?* No.</P>

Great points about coaching and QB. I may be one of the few(refer back to my preseason post)that was not worry one bit that Smith and Boss were leaving. JR stated he knew the replacements were in house. The OL issue I believe also can be fixed in house also with the right combination.

GameTime
03-14-2012, 04:38 PM
1....ignorance</P>

2....the thinking that "they" can do better and know it all</P>

3....knee jerk reactions with 10% of the proper information</P>

4....nothing better to do</P>

</P>

buddy33
03-14-2012, 04:44 PM

I don't know about 4, but they probably would have had 3 if that Burress situation doesn't happen.

Juanito
03-14-2012, 05:01 PM
Some people need a grip of reality. God knows how *****y and miserable they would be if we were as crap as the Browns. You can't win the SB every year, but to win 2 in 5 years is tremendous, so chill and enjoy the moment. Jesus, I can't believe people can find something to moan about.

NWKEffectElement
03-14-2012, 05:12 PM

I don't know about 4, but they probably would have had 3 if that Burress situation doesn't happen.

That was meant to be in red but my account doesn't give me that option anymore.

nygsb42champs
03-14-2012, 05:20 PM
He is getting killed again. He has helped us win 2 Super Bowls, he has earned our trust.

swimeasy
03-14-2012, 05:25 PM

Reese has done a very good job, even great. I wouldn't call it outstanding, although the results have certainly been "outstanding" i don't think that automaticallycan be attributed toReese and his brilliance.</P>

Also, it's possible he can do an outstanding job at GM and we don't win any SBs, so i'd rather have him do 'very good' with a couple championshiptrophies in the casethan the alternative.</P>

at the beginning of the year i said the proof would be in the pudding.i thought we had a brutal offseason, andit wasn't because we didn't signFAs (for the record, i hate FAs).</P>

Well, i couldn't have been more wrong on the change in receiving targets. The TEs worked out really well all things considered, so i was wrong there, the LBers hurt us initially but that had more to do with injuries than actual roster holes, i was wrong there again, the cap trouble remains an issue, got that one right, and our offensive line you can definitely hang on Reese, it was not very good and isn't improving.
</P>

Has he benefited from a very good coaching staff and having an outstanding QB? Sure, but what GM doesn't benefit from that combo?</P>

So, all things considered, Reese has been great. Can you look at this roster and say that we've got some issues? oh yeah. I think most teams can say the same thing.</P>

what could he have possibly done better? For me its the cap and our offensive line. If we had a little more space, more to retain players we like than sign FAs, and if our line was still really good (it used to be awesome, i'd take really good right now), i'd be wondering if Reese was some expert football alien hiding in human skin a la' Men In Black.</P>

But those are glaring problems. Overall, how can you not like what he's done? But is Jesus Christ walking around in Jerry's suits with Jerry's haircut and talking like Jerry? No.</P>

Great points about coaching and QB. I may be one of the few(refer back to my preseason post)that was not worry one bit that Smith and Boss were leaving. JR stated he knew the replacements were in house. The OL issue I believe also can be fixed in house also with the right combination.</P>

+2 CDN, excellent points about the importance of the combined influence of the GM and HC roles. JR and TC are both detail people and it seems they not only complement each other, they genuinely respect and like each other. </P>

buddy33
03-14-2012, 06:47 PM

That was meant to be in red but my account doesn't give me that option anymore.

Lol. I knew what you meant, but I was serious. The guy has done an amazing job. They seriously where so close to having 3 rings since he became the GM.

nycsportzfan
03-14-2012, 06:53 PM
He has been our best GM since Young. If you consider free agency may turn out to be the best GM. Has helped win 2 SBs so far. With that said threads keep popping up questioning his every move(or lack of) via free agency. I rejected the mindset put forth by more mature Giants fans that we have gotten spoiled, but I now believe it. Or maybe no matter what he does for some reason he will be hated. Every yr at the draft, i litteraly gas Reese up to another degree, because i can't believe how great his drafts are, and i basically have to fight and argue with the majority on here about just that.. Now, that we've WON 2 SB's basically becasue of his exceptional drafts and UDF signings, i would hope people would start to realize how good of a drafting and UDF GM he is.. </P>

But, with that said, i don't see how anyone could not be just alittle skeptical about Martellus Bennett.. I've made about 5 threads in the past few yrs, straight praising Reese, and i love the guy, but i'm alittle skeptical about Bennett... Then again, i don't expect any GM to be perfect, and for all i know, Bennett will actually stay healthy and be productive.. We shall see.. Either way, i love Reese!</P>

Diamondring
03-14-2012, 07:25 PM

That was meant to be in red but my account doesn't give me that option anymore.Nore do mines. I can;t even paste links anymore.

Harooni
03-14-2012, 07:27 PM
we are so tight on cap space we cant afford a new message board. [:(]

gmen46
03-14-2012, 07:30 PM
He has been our best GM since Young. If you consider free agency may turn out to be the best GM. Has helped win 2 SBs so far. With that said threads keep popping up questioning his every move(or lack of) via free agency. I rejected the mindset put forth by more mature Giants fans that we have gotten spoiled, but I now believe it. Or maybe no matter what he does for some reason he will be hated.** Every yr at the draft, i litteraly gas Reese up to another degree, because i can't believe how great his drafts are, and i basically have to fight and argue with the majority on here about just that..* Now, that we've WON 2 SB's basically becasue of his exceptional drafts and UDF signings, i would hope people would start to realize how good of a drafting and UDF GM he is..** </P>

But, with that said, i don't see how anyone could not be just alittle skeptical about Martellus Bennett.. I've made about 5 threads in the past few yrs, straight praising Reese, and i love the guy, but i'm alittle skeptical about Bennett... Then again, i don't expect any GM to be perfect, and for all i know, Bennett will actually stay healthy and be productive.. We shall see.. Either way, i love Reese!</P>

I wouldn't put too much weight on the Bennett signing. The fact he's signed for only 1 year should tell you all you need to know.

If Bennett surprises everyone and has a breakout year, then great, it was a fortuitous signing and we will need to deal with whether Giants value him enough to sign to a long term contract.

If he plays like he has the past couple years for the Cowboys, then he was at least a credible bridge at TE until Ballard returns off PUP (assuming he does), and AMF after the 2012 season.

PRFan
03-14-2012, 07:44 PM
Reese has been great! I don't know what is there to complain about!

rcrane082985
03-14-2012, 07:54 PM
There isnt much, just a few rotten apples spoiling it for the bunch...in the future, we should ignore reese sucks threads and let them die quickly.

dave56dj
03-14-2012, 08:02 PM
Bottom line most people don't know the NFL and see Carlson sign for 20+ million ans say OH NO WHY NOT US - and don't realize Bennett has more potential and we got him for 2.5 for one year so he lazy or not if the man wants money he's gonna have to go get it.

They see Carr sign for 50 mill and say OH NOW WHY NOT US - and don't realize we got T2 for 2.5 and a chance for more BASED ON OUR OPTIONS.

They see the Redskins splash down and become off-season champs and say OH NO WHY NOT US.

It's about making a mark when needed - Rolle was overpaid for a primary need as was Canty - they played nicely but have fat contracts. That's what you have to do when your team is dessimated in that area. The fact that we don't have to make splashes in FA is a good thing.

Best DE ends in league, best combo of wideouts in league and one of the best q's. Thats proved to be a winning combo.

Some people didn't see last year coming - weird, cause Reese did and predicted it.

Next years surprise - Justin Trattou - he will replace Tolly and do it better. I will take Adrian Tracy as a backup to hedge my bet.

Drez
03-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Forget what?? The roster didn't somehow form itself. He believed from day one that this team would make a run despite naysayers like you.Yeah, of course people "always thought this team would make a run" when you look at it in hindsight. I don't even want to hear about that crap. They were ill-prepared due to bad personnel moves, it just so happens that everything turned out well in the end.
</P>

Except Reese thought that beforehand., not in hindsight. </P>

And I guess you are sowell renowned for your accumen as a top-tier talent scout as to make your opinion of the talent on our roster before the season began as being more meaningful than the freaking GM? So, what makes you soooooooo qualified as to question Reese's belief that, even though we did have some question marks, that the roster was talented enough to make a run? Was the roster perfect? Of course not, but that doesn't change the fact that the roster was indeed talented enough to make a run regardless of any holes or warts it had.</P>

So, what were the oh-so-bad personnel moves? Letting Smith walk? What'd he do? Letting Boss walk? Oh, lookie here, he just got cut by the team that wanted to pay him twice what we did? Oh, for not pissing on a stack of money by overpaying for a washed up Plaxico? </P>

Give me a break. The only crap around here that shouldn't be heard is yours.</P>

Drez
03-14-2012, 08:35 PM
1....ignorance</P>

2....the thinking that "they" can do better and know it all</P>

3....knee jerk reactions with 10% of the proper information</P>

4....nothing better to do</P>

</P>

</P>

Nice list. [Y]</P>

Drez
03-14-2012, 08:39 PM
see how anyone could not be just alittle skeptical about Martellus Bennett.. I've made about 5 threads in the past few yrs, straight praising Reese, and i love the guy, but i'm alittle skeptical about Bennett... Then again, i don't expect any GM to be perfect, and for all i know, Bennett will actually stay healthy and be productive.. We shall see.. Either way, i love Reese!</P>

I mentioned this in another thread, but I think Bennett is one of those guys that might flourish with a change of scenery. I think he just hated his situation in Dallas and it effected his play. I'm not expecting elite production out of him, but so long as we get solid play from him (and he doesn't make any glaring, boneheaded mistakes), I'll be pleased with it.</P>

JJC7301
03-15-2012, 12:07 AM
He blew it in '08. He sucks.