PDA

View Full Version : Mike D'Antoni resigns as NYK coach

NYfanatic
03-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Well this is good news. Now a new system right for our players. Plus a coach that preaches D. Cant wait.

jax5338
03-14-2012, 03:53 PM
i'm an admitted bandwagon knicks fan at best but melo is the problem. team chesmistry is way off when that guy is in the game. hes too selfish

Redeyejedi
03-14-2012, 04:06 PM
i'm an admitted bandwagon knicks fan at best but melo is the problem. team chesmistry is way off when that guy is in the game. hes too selfishMelo can actually get the ball in the post where he can score. Wont be long till DAvis becomes the PG he will run the offense through Melo and Amare

NYfanatic
03-14-2012, 04:26 PM
i'm an admitted bandwagon knicks fan at best but melo is the problem. team chesmistry is way off when that guy is in the game. hes too selfish
Defense wins championships.
Mike NoD Antoni coached ZERO D.
So all for the better I say.

titwio
03-14-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm actually kind of sad about this. I think he took a lot of undeserved heat. He definitely deserved some but for the most part guys were just knuckle heads not rebounding, turning the ball over, making bad passes etc... and so on.

'm all for bringing in Jackson but a couple of weeks ago Mike D was looking happy with the how the team was playing and now Melo's back and the Knicks are losing again...

Go figure...

G.I. Ants
03-14-2012, 11:08 PM
D'Anphony was an absolute waste of time. He should have never been coaching the Knicks. His coaching style will NEVER lead to a championship. I hated his guts since he pulled that sucker mover with Marbury. Now I am no huge Marbury fan, but when D'Anphony had him on the beach when the team was losing showed me he was not a man of his word.

To be honest, the real reason why the Knicks have been so bad all these years is Dolan. People blame and bash Isiah, but the team was in shambles before he got there. Thomas actually brought up some talented guys but he should have never been coaching the team, that was Dolan's decision.

Walsh did a good job clearing cap space and starting getting the club back in the right direction but Dolan's influence is very negative. Walsh screwed up by hiring D'Antoni and drafting guys to fit his style. Bad Idea since he doesn't coach defense. The trade for Melo was all Dolan and his incompetence. Why trade so much for a big name, absolutely stupid. Not even the hated Isiah Thomas would have done that.

I wish he got fired but at least he is gone and I am glad.

giantyankee1976
03-14-2012, 11:31 PM
D'Anphony was an absolute waste of time. He should have never been coaching the Knicks. His coaching style will NEVER lead to a championship. I hated his guts since he pulled that sucker mover with Marbury. Now I am no huge Marbury fan, but when D'Anphony had him on the beach when the team was losing showed me he was not a man of his word.

To be honest, the real reason why the Knicks have been so bad all these years is Dolan. People blame and bash Isiah, but the team was in shambles before he got there. Thomas actually brought up some talented guys but he should have never been coaching the team, that was Dolan's decision.

Walsh did a good job clearing cap space and starting getting the club back in the right direction but Dolan's influence is very negative. Walsh screwed up by hiring D'Antoni and drafting guys to fit his style. Bad Idea since he doesn't coach defense. The trade for Melo was all Dolan and his incompetence. Why trade so much for a big name, absolutely stupid. Not even the hated Isiah Thomas would have done that.

right on with the Dolan comment...

But I want and respect Old School coaching.

I'm sorry but look at Thibedeau (Sp), fundamentally sound basketball with defense the emphasis and the Lottery Luck of great 1G in D-Rose.

All I want is for the Knicks to be relevant again, is that so bad?

G.I. Ants
03-15-2012, 10:15 AM

right on with the Dolan comment...

But I want and respect Old School coaching.

I'm sorry but look at Thibedeau (Sp), fundamentally sound basketball with defense the emphasis and the Lottery Luck of great 1G in D-Rose.

All I want is for the Knicks to be relevant again, is that so bad?
You mention Thibodeau, and to think he was an assistant under Van Gundy who never got an opportunity to coach the team after being groomed to do so.