PDA

View Full Version : A lb who can Cover and Stop the Run is what we need

Diamondring
03-14-2012, 05:09 PM
I hope Reese can find one. If he can, then that would be real good for us.

jomo
03-14-2012, 05:18 PM
I hope Reese can find one. If he can, then that would be real good for us.............may I add to your short list a running back who can catch?

TheEnigma
03-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Good luck finding those today. The only "guaranteed" LBer who can do that from this draft class is Luke Kuechly and it would take a miracle for him to drop down to 32.

NewYorkSwagg
03-14-2012, 05:23 PM
He going MLB in the draft next month, everything else will be filled in the draft. The main concern was to pick up Bennett and that's complete everything else is pretty much debt players.

qndarius3
03-14-2012, 05:44 PM
I am pretty sure that this describes Jacquain Williams.........or Zach Brown (UNC)

Harooni
03-14-2012, 05:47 PM
dan conner

Gmenfan87
03-14-2012, 10:08 PM
Us and every other team. lol

JJC7301
03-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Good luck finding those today. The only "guaranteed" LBer who can do that from this draft class is Luke Kuechly and it would take a miracle for him to drop down to 32.
Yep, every down LBs are hard to come by these days.

NY_Eli
03-14-2012, 11:07 PM
Mark Herzlich

myles2424
03-14-2012, 11:08 PM
Yep, every down LBs are hard to come by these days. no offense to anyone, but maybe it's hard to find a complete franchise LB......but I see LBs that have been taken every year since we lost pierce that would've been upgrades.....

bLuereverie
03-14-2012, 11:10 PM
Maybe draft a tampa2 LB.

JJC7301
03-14-2012, 11:20 PM
Yep, every down LBs are hard to come by these days. no offense to anyone, but maybe it's hard to find a complete franchise LB......but I see LBs that have been taken every year since we lost pierce that would've been upgrades.....
I agree with you there -- I was screaming for LB's for years. However, I have to admit that I'm at least satisfied with our LB starters and our depth.

If we were going to improve on the LB spots it would be the MIKE which I assume is the hardest LB spot to find real talent at.

All that being said, I have to agree with the Giants D philosophy of focusing on the d-line and secondary. Get to the QB and prevent him from picking up his receivers.

BlueSanta
03-15-2012, 12:00 AM
I can understand saying we need a MLB, even if just for depth.

I do not understand saying he need cover Lb.

Last year we drafted a guy who started just 2 games. Despite being a backup and part time player for almost all the season, he was 3rd among rookies in tackles in the NFL. Everyone else on that list around him started for most or all of the season. In fact, it is fair to say that he was the most productive defensive rookie in the NFL on a per snap basis. He was very good in coverage and particularly good in space. So good in fact, that he was crucial in our vicorty vs the Eagles. He was the designated spy on Vick, 1 of the most elusive open field runners in football. He managed 10 solo tackles that game.

Let me introduce you to Jacquian Williams, our 6th round pick from 2010 who was quietly 1 of the best defensive rookies in the NFL last year.

NY_Eli
03-15-2012, 12:03 AM
I can understand saying we need a MLB, even if just for depth.

I do not understand saying he need cover Lb.

Last year we drafted a guy who started just 2 games. Despite being a backup and part time player for almost all the season, he was 3rd among rookies in tackles in the NFL. Everyone else on that list around him started for most or all of the season. In fact, it is fair to say that he was the most productive defensive rookie in the NFL on a per snap basis.* He was very good in coverage and particularly good in space. So good in fact, that he was crucial in our vicorty vs the Eagles. He was the designated spy on Vick, 1 of the most elusive open field runners in football. He managed 10 solo tackles that game.

Let me introduce you to Jacquian Williams, our 6th round pick from 2010 who was quietly 1 of the best defensive rookies in the NFL last year.

Agreed...I'm excited to see what he can do with a full offseason to prepare

giantman8493
03-15-2012, 12:03 AM
I hope Reese can find one. If he can, then that would be real good for us.They are very hard to find. Not many in the NFL

lawl
03-15-2012, 12:17 AM
We need a dt that can rush the passer and stop the run.

We need a running back that can run catch and block.

We need a tight end that can catch and block.

Oh, you mean not everyone makes a post pointing out obvious things?

Bohemian
03-15-2012, 12:33 AM
I don't particularly think that we need a LB to do everything, but we do need a solid inside man who can compliment Boley and Williams on run and pass coverage. Williams looks like he will be a great coverage linebacker, and the only question is on how far he will develop his game.

Kiwi keeps on improving, and the young Jones and Herzlich will hopefully show that they belong in the team's long term vision.

So if we can find that one constant on the inside, the defense will be set.

NY_Eli
03-15-2012, 12:56 AM

I think we're pretty set at TE with the latest signing

Bohemian
03-15-2012, 12:59 AM

Are Pascoe and Ballard signed?

burier
03-15-2012, 10:49 AM
An all around player at Linebacker would be nice but at this point I'd settle for someone with any kind of mean streak and first step.

Im still amazed at how people think the guys we have on the roster are the answer.

Herzlich looks like Jeremy Shockey playing linebacker (No diss to Shockey). A big lumbering mess.

Goff is slow. 54 solos for a 16 game starter at mike is a red flag and is now coming off an injury.

Jwill shows some potential but doesn't strike me as a legit player at this point and what I think is happening is people are stuck on a few sacks from our Lbers in the 4th game of the preseason.

We are flat out terrible at that position.

Could not stop the run and could not make key stops in the regular season.

If Boley can repeat his performance from this year then I'm very impressed as he appeared to play out of his mind this year.

Kiwi mostly feels like he's just a body on the field if he's not on the Dline or not blitzing.

If Canty is going to continue to start we need Linebackers to offset his tendency to take plays off.

RoanokeFan
03-15-2012, 11:02 AM
I hope Reese can find one. If he can, then that would be real good for us.

I think Williams may be your man

RoanokeFan
03-15-2012, 11:03 AM

Are Pascoe and Ballard signed?

Ballard was signed but I don't think Pascoe is a FA so he's under contract

BornBrooklyn
03-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Herz might be the guy. Another year removed from cancer, knowing the expectations & Fewell's system as well as his desire to improve...
I like the upside.

jhamburg
03-15-2012, 02:28 PM

Well we could have taken Maualuga instead of Nicks or Sean Lee instead of Linval Joseph but I'm not sure that leaves us in any better shape...

Diamondring
03-15-2012, 02:50 PM
I hope Reese can find one. If he can, then that would be real good for us.............may I add to your short list a running back who can catch?There are other topics about rbs but now I made a post about lbs.

Diamondring
03-15-2012, 03:30 PM

Oh, you mean not everyone makes a post pointing out obvious things?But my post is not about the obvious since lbs also go after the passer and I left that out. We don't need a rb who can do all three and as a matter of fact, one of the backs who left was good at running and blocking and that was JB yet you have mentioned all of the skills the rb does. Those usualy are the ones who are in the first round of the draft.

A dt who can stop the run and go after the passer is what we need but I already talked about getting a dt on another thread made by another poster and that poster disagree