PDA

View Full Version : TIGHT END SITUATION

NYGiantsFan56
03-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Happy Giants signed Bennett. Will prove to be a good signing. Ballad in all likelihood won't be ready to play until mid-season, if that. Beckum should and will be released via injury settlement. Giants need to resign Boss now. Will come cheap and pairing him and Bennett will be a great combination especially for blocking. Pascoe can return to his H-Back Role. We now go from a shaky position to solid position with three very good players who will produce.

myles2424
03-14-2012, 11:13 PM
Happy Giants signed Bennett. Will prove to be a good signing. Ballad in all likelihood won't be ready to play until mid-season, if that. Beckum should and will be released via injury settlement. Giants need to resign Boss now. Will come cheap and pairing him and Bennett will be a great combination especially for blocking. Pascoe can return to his H-Back Role. We now go from a shaky position to solid position with three very good players who will produce. we didn't miss a beat with ballard when boss left....we can find a TE in the middle of the draft to serve just fine.........Also, have we ever signed a guy back after leaving the team?

bLuereverie
03-14-2012, 11:14 PM
Boss is one head injury away from referring to himself in third person for the rest of his life. I'm actually hoping some team with extra cash overpays him a bit.

JJC7301
03-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Boss is one head injury away from referring to himself in third person for the rest of his life.* I'm actually hoping some team with extra cash overpays him a bit.

Ricky Henderson always referred to himself in the 3rd person, and there was nothing wrong with Ricky.

I'm thinking of doing it myself. Makes me sound more important to myself.

NYGiantsFan56
03-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Happy Giants signed Bennett. Will prove to be a good signing. Ballad in all likelihood won't be ready to play until mid-season, if that. Beckum should and will be released via injury settlement. Giants need to resign Boss now. Will come cheap and pairing him and Bennett will be a great combination especially for blocking. Pascoe can return to his H-Back Role. We now go from a shaky position to solid position with three very good players who will produce. we didn't miss a beat with ballard when boss left....we can find a TE in the middle of the draft to serve just fine.........Also, have we ever signed a guy back after leaving the team?
You have a good point. If they don't sign Boss, what is the story on this Christian Hopkins guy from our practice squad? He is 6'5 and 270. Story has it he plays hard in practice and has good hands.

NewYorkSwagg
03-14-2012, 11:17 PM
No dude, we don't want BOSS after what he did. Plus he injured prone, we just fine, we just won the Super-Bowl with out him, so his service is no longer needed.

GMenNY21
03-14-2012, 11:19 PM
Boss is one head injury away from referring to himself in third person for the rest of his life.* I'm actually hoping some team with extra cash overpays him a bit.

Ricky Henderson always referred to himself in the 3rd person, and there was nothing wrong with Ricky.

I'm thinking of doing it myself. Makes me sound more important to myself.LOL

NYGiantsFan56
03-14-2012, 11:20 PM
No dude, we don't want BOSS after what he did. Plus he injured prone, we just fine, we just won the Super-Bowl with out him, so his service is no longer needed.
Yeah I know. How about our practice squad guy Christian Hopkins? Coughlin spoke highly of him after Super Bowl. What is the story on him? They say he plays hard in practice and has good hands.

bLuereverie
03-14-2012, 11:20 PM
Boss is one head injury away from referring to himself in third person for the rest of his life. I'm actually hoping some team with extra cash overpays him a bit.

I'm thinking of doing it myself. Makes me sound more important to myself.

I just think it would be cool if Kevin referred to himself as The Boss. I only hope he does it in jest and not because his corpus collasum isn't leaking out of his left ear.

jomo
03-14-2012, 11:23 PM
I'm on the same track as you but personally hope that he hits the lottery in Montana and chooses to retire. We don't need another guy with concussion syndrome.

NYGiantsFan56
03-14-2012, 11:25 PM
I'm on the same track as you but personally hope that he hits the lottery in Montana and chooses to retire. We don't need another guy with concussion syndrome.
Christian Hopkins from our practice squad may end up being the man

BlueSanta
03-14-2012, 11:34 PM
2 things.

1) Pascoe is a restricted free agent who we could have resigned at any point prior to or during the FA period. Yet, the Giants have made no effort to resign via qualified offer so far as I have read. So people including him in next year's plans need to consider this.

2) While the Giants have talked highly of Christian Hopkins, they have made no effort to promote him from the practice squad, meaning he is fully available for any team to sign and has been for some time.

So, before we count them as part of the team and next season, lets see them on the roster 1st.

nygsb42champs
03-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Now that we signed Bennett I do not see us bringing in another veteran TE.

jmike
03-15-2012, 08:18 AM
I think I would prefer that nobody signs Boss and he retires now so he remembers who he is when he is 47.

GameTime
03-15-2012, 08:54 AM
Happy Giants signed Bennett. Will prove to be a good signing. Ballad in all likelihood won't be ready to play until mid-season, if that. Beckum should and will be released via injury settlement. Giants need to resign Boss now. Will come cheap and pairing him and Bennett will be a great combination especially for blocking. Pascoe can return to his H-Back Role. We now go from a shaky position to solid position with three very good players who will produce.</P>

I like the Bennet signing...or shoudl I say I "hope" to like the Bennet signing. Dont need Boss at all!! Nothing personal but the guy is one good hit from sitting for multiple games. His potential for future concussions is very likely. I have been in Pascoe's corner since day one. Thought he could be "Ballard like" before Ballard. I have full confidence that he can be now since he DOESN'T have to worry about being a FB or HB. Why does Pascoe need to bean H-back??? They have Hynoski. Pascoe can now devote fulltime with Pope and the TE group to be what Ballard was last year to a degree. </P>

The Giants dont need Boss or Shockey for anything. With Bennet, Pascoe, and Hopkins they will be good to go. I have faith in Hopkins stepping into a bigger role or whatever role they need him to play.</P>

As soon as Beckum got injured...... there is "injury settetlement" written all over that. </P>

</P>

Flip Empty
03-15-2012, 09:15 AM
No Boss, no Smith, no Shockey. I don't see why they need to go back to go forward.

Got Bennett, Pascoe, Hopkins, Donnell and Purvis on the roster, so surely something can come from there.

miked1958
03-15-2012, 09:26 AM
No Boss, no Smith, no Shockey. I don't see why they need to go back to go forward. Got Bennett, Pascoe, Hopkins, Donnell and Purvis on the roster, so surely something can come from there.and will get Ballard back by midseason. no need for shockey

wolfie
03-15-2012, 09:39 AM
I have been hoping the Giants would pick Fleener with their #1, but with signing Bennett they need to go OL for sure. They can grab another TE, if they think they need one, in the later rounds. I said before I like this kid Paulson from Oregon. Just saying. </P>

Of course my suggestions, like all of yours, means dodo to the GM, but it makes us all feel good. It's what fans do and I love it!</P>

giantsfan420
03-15-2012, 10:10 AM
2 things.

1) Pascoe is a restricted free agent who we could have resigned at any point prior to or during the FA period. Yet, the Giants have made no effort to resign via qualified offer so far as I have read. So people including him in next year's plans need to consider this.

2) While the Giants have talked highly of Christian Hopkins, they have made no effort to promote him from the practice squad, meaning he is fully available for any team to sign and has been for some time.

So, before we count them as part of the team and next season, lets see them on the roster 1st.

Ohms FA Primer for the Giants lists Pascoe as "brought back", as well as the NFC East blog from espn.com, it didn't list details or anything, just reads that he is a Giant again.

GameTime
03-15-2012, 10:16 AM
No Boss, no Smith, no Shockey. I don't see why they need to go back to go forward. Got Bennett, Pascoe, Hopkins, Donnell and Purvis on the roster, so surely something can come from there.</P>

^this^^^^^^^</P>