AceOspadZ4
03-14-2012, 11:17 PM
Just bored. My prediction. 62 receptions for 808 yards and 6 td's

MikeIsaGiant
03-14-2012, 11:18 PM
45 receptions 680 yards, 7 TDs

NewYorkSwagg
03-14-2012, 11:21 PM
I say 50 rec. 500 yards, because I'm sure they are going to use him more to block since he is really good at that and Jacobs not coming back so we need that extra big man.

giantsfan420
03-14-2012, 11:21 PM
depends. if we sign Smith and draft Fleener:
46 receptions, 575 yards, 6 TD's

If we don't sign Smith and don't draft Fleener:

65 receptions, 840 yards, 10 TD's

guy is a serious red zone threat

GMenNY21
03-14-2012, 11:22 PM
46 catches 615 yds. 7 TDs .... Spitting time at TE with Fleener

Spizi
03-14-2012, 11:23 PM
Factoring in the loss of Manningham which will bring more attention to our TEs, I'd have to say 45 catches, 700 yards, 6 TDs.

NYGiantsFan56
03-14-2012, 11:23 PM

Sounds just about right

AceOspadZ4
03-14-2012, 11:26 PM
I like Fleener but take away the orange bowl and what did he really do this season?

giantsfan420
03-14-2012, 11:29 PM
I like Fleener but take away the orange bowl and what did he really do this season?

10 td's, 20 ypc avg, led team in receptions...yeah what did he really do this season? lmfao

giantman8493
03-14-2012, 11:39 PM

10 td's, 20 ypc avg, led team in receptions...yeah what did he really do this season? lmfaoWith Andrew Luck throwing him the ball?

Giants Of New Jersey
03-14-2012, 11:45 PM

10 td's, 20 ypc avg, led team in receptions...yeah what did he really do this season? lmfaoWith Andrew Luck throwing him the ball?

and with eli manning throwing him the ball?

AceOspadZ4
03-14-2012, 11:47 PM
Didnt have more than 4 catches in any game. Biggest game of the year 2 catches for 19 yards. With the best college qb in the country throwing him the ball. Not blown away

jjj45
03-15-2012, 12:49 AM

guy is a serious red zone threatIf he doesn't tip it up and it gets picked off.

NWKEffectElement
03-15-2012, 12:58 AM
depends. if we sign Smith and

draft Fleener:

Dude you seriously can't still believe Smith is coming back here, or believe he will ever play at a NFL level after reinjuring that knee again. If anything this almost guarantees he won't be back.

giantsfan420
03-15-2012, 01:08 AM

draft Fleener:

Dude you seriously can't still believe Smith is coming back here, or believe he will ever play at a NFL level after reinjuring that knee again. If anything this almost guarantees he won't be back.

he had a 4 week bone bruise with 3 weeks to go, which is why Philly put him on IR. He didn't reinjure his knee.

and you can't guarantee anything about steve smith. neither can I, but at least Adam Shefter said it will happen as well as the Giants owners and reese saying they regretted how the smith issue played out and they wanted him to be a Giant, and Smith said he regrets how it played out and he wants to be a Giant.

If he's anywhere close to 100% the Giants will sign him. I'll guarantee we do sign him.

edit- he knows this offense, succeeded at the highest level in this offense, when he and nicks were lined up TEAMS DOUBLE TEAMED SMITH, eli and smith are virtually unstoppable, smith gives us a great 3rd down target, great possession target...way too many reasons to simply overlook him if he's healthy.

Jon6777
03-15-2012, 01:18 AM

draft Fleener:

he had a 4 week bone bruise with 3 weeks to go, which is why Philly put him on IR. He didn't reinjure his knee.

and you can't guarantee anything about steve smith. neither can I, but at least Adam Shefter said it will happen as well as the Giants owners and reese saying they regretted how the smith issue played out and they wanted him to be a Giant, and Smith said he regrets how it played out and he wants to be a Giant.

If he's anywhere close to 100% the Giants will sign him. I'll guarantee we do sign him.

edit- he knows this offense, succeeded at the highest level in this offense, when he and nicks were lined up TEAMS DOUBLE TEAMED SMITH, eli and smith are virtually unstoppable, smith gives us a great 3rd down target, great possession target...way too many reasons to simply overlook him if he's healthy.

Nicks and Cruz on the outside with Smith in the slot, Bradshaw out of the backfield and Bennett at TE. Hell Yes!

NWKEffectElement
03-15-2012, 01:25 AM

draft Fleener:

If bone bruise was bad enough to be put on IR by the Eagles of all teams, what makes you think that he will be 100% again? I'm certainly not a doctor, but it doesn't sound like he can have a successful career let alone walk without a limp again.

IMO this move pretty much brings O back to what it looked like pre 09 with this current regime. I can imagine that it will be sort of like 06's O. We will not rely on the 3rd receiver as much.

Jon6777
03-15-2012, 01:37 AM

draft Fleener:

If bone bruise was bad enough to be put on IR by the Eagles of all teams, what makes you think that he will be 100% again? I'm certainly not a doctor, but it doesn't sound like he can have a successful career let alone walk without a limp again.

IMO this move pretty much brings O back to what it looked like pre 09 with this current regime. I can imagine that it will be sort of like 06's O. We will not rely on the 3rd receiver as much.

Smith did nothing for the Eagles all year. He was hurt late in the season and put on IR. Most players take 2 full years to recover from the microfracture surgery, Id be more concerned about that than the bone bruise. Check out how much better Kenny Phillips played this year compared to last year. If we can get him back for the right price why not?

NWKEffectElement
03-15-2012, 01:40 AM

draft Fleener:

Smith did nothing for the Eagles all year. He was hurt late in the season and put on IR. Most players take 2 full years to recover from the microfracture surgery, Id be more concerned about that than the bone bruise. Check out how much better Kenny Phillips played this year compared to last year. If we can get him back for the right price why not?

Good question. He just wasn't that good. Eli made him, and I'm confident he can do the same for JJ or even Barden.

giantsfan420
03-15-2012, 02:57 AM

draft Fleener:

good post. finally some one repeats what gmen and i have been saying about the year following microfracture surgery...nobody does well in that situation. the 2nd year is hwne player return to full strength.

reese is going to sign him...

nycsportzfan
03-15-2012, 05:55 AM
40catches 500yrd 6td

nygsb42champs
03-15-2012, 08:05 AM
50 receptions, 800 yards, 7 TD's.

NWKEffectElement
03-15-2012, 08:06 AM

draft Fleener:

good post. finally some one repeats what gmen and i have been saying about the year following microfracture surgery...nobody does well in that situation. the 2nd year is hwne player return to full strength.

I see you have made this you rallying cry. Good luck with that.

ryan12
03-15-2012, 09:36 AM
SEASON TEAM GP REC YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LST
2008 DAL 16 20 283 14.2 37 4 12 0 0
2009 DAL 14 15 159 10.6 21 0 8 0 0
2010 DAL 16 33 260 7.9 32 0 12 1 0
2011 DAL 14 17 144 8.5 15 0 7 0 0
Career 60 85 846 10.0 37 4 39 1 0

are you guys kidding me with the predictions he has carrer 85 catches 846 yards and 4 td's

CDN_G-FAN
03-15-2012, 10:03 AM
everyone's talking about his receiving stats, and i know that's the point of the thread.</P>

but for me, this offense has never been designed to throw the ball to TEs consistently enough to result in60+receptions each season everyseason.</P>

i'm WAY more excited about the fact that this guy sounds like a legitblocker in for our running game for the first time since Shockey was here.</P>

So without being an oldgrandpa about his receiving stats, if he gives us 400 yards in a season, but our running game comes back because he's like a small lineman out there, i'd be MUCH happier.</P>

With the size of Pascoe and Ballard last year, i was really disappointed in the 'meh' blocking we got from them in our running game.</P>

more than yards in the air, we need our running game back.</P>

NY_Eli
03-15-2012, 10:05 AM
everyone's talking about his receiving stats, and i know that's the point of the thread.</P>

but for me, this offense has never been designed to throw the ball to TEs consistently enough to result in*60+*receptions each season every*season.</P>

i'm WAY more excited about the fact that this guy sounds like a legit*blocker in for our running game for the first time since Shockey was here.</P>

So without being an old*grandpa about his receiving stats, if he gives us 400 yards in a season, but our running game comes back because he's like a small lineman out there, i'd be MUCH happier.</P>

With the size of Pascoe and Ballard last year, i was really disappointed in the 'meh' blocking we got from them in our running game.</P>

more than yards in the air, we need our running game back.</P>

Having a good run blocking tight end will help the new RT, whoever it ends up being.

giantsfan420
03-15-2012, 10:06 AM

draft Fleener:

way more likely than your rallying cry "I dislike him he won't be a Giant."

CDN_G-FAN
03-15-2012, 10:07 AM
depends. if we sign Smith and draft Fleener: 46 receptions, 575 yards, 6 TD's If we don't sign Smith and don't draft Fleener: 65 receptions, 840 yards, 10 TD's guy is a serious red zone threat Dude you seriously can't still believe Smith is coming back here, or believe he will ever play at a NFL level after reinjuring that knee again. If anything this almost guarantees he won't be back. he had a 4 week bone bruise with 3 weeks to go, which is why Philly put him on IR. He didn't reinjure his knee. and you can't guarantee anything about steve smith. neither can I, but at least Adam Shefter said it will happen as well as the Giants owners and reese saying they regretted how the smith issue played out and they wanted him to be a Giant, and Smith said he regrets how it played out and he wants to be a Giant. If he's anywhere close to 100% the Giants will sign him. I'll guarantee we do sign him. edit- he knows this offense, succeeded at the highest level in this offense, when he and nicks were lined up TEAMS DOUBLE TEAMED SMITH, eli and smith are virtually unstoppable, smith gives us a great 3rd down target, great possession target...way too many reasons to simply overlook him if he's healthy.</P>

+1</P>

Coughlin is still a receivers coach at heart. despite the success of our wideouts last year, don't think all the drops we saw last year weren't KILLING HIM all season.</P>

in an option offense, if smith can find the soft spot in a zone sit down and ALWAYS catch the ball? How can we not use that?</P>

Espcially since Smith is now a $1 to $2 a season WR instead of $5 or $6 a season if he would have been completely healthy.</P>

NWKEffectElement
03-15-2012, 10:31 AM

draft Fleener:

way more likely than your rallying cry "I dislike him he won't be a Giant."

Please find a post of mine stating I dislike him. You will however find post with me stating he isn't that good.