PDA

View Full Version : When a Giants fan is overly confident in the Jints, do you feel like they are not really a fan?

touchdown44
03-15-2012, 01:06 AM
I do. I feel like if youve watched the giants as a diehard fan for a while you know of their ability to lose games in disheartening ways is absurd.
It seems giant fans are always expecting the worse to happen, as in whenever we score a touchdown late, my first thought is "too much time."
My dad always says the giants find more ways to lose than anybody else.
I think its this crazy attitude we have that makes being a Giant fan that much more satisfying when we do win.
Thats the difference between Giants and patriots fans. Pats fan think they will win every game. Giants fans think we will lose every game we can lose.

GmenFan1980
03-15-2012, 01:09 AM
Hope for the Best, Expect the worst.

Bohemian
03-15-2012, 01:11 AM
I think that the longer you have been a fan, the pain of big loses seem to outweigh the euphoria that is gained from the big victories. But at the end of the day, it is all about the Super Bowl victories that fix it all. All about the great drama of sports.

jjj45
03-15-2012, 01:20 AM
Hope for the Best, Expect the worst.Are they gonna drop the bomb or not?

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqtMyQAWpU8P1y2ND4VZBezEo9gyTad qplPzLLWBGStVEQ80toJg

SweetZombieJesus
03-15-2012, 07:52 AM
Well we've had our hearts crushed too many times. I don't want to drag up the whole list but both Miracles at the Meadowlands and the 2003 49ers game should get people sufficiently angry.

But that gets balanced out with some miracles of our own, such as the last 3 Super Bowl wins, lol. I had NO DOUBT when Eli had the ball down by 2 with 2:30 to go. NONE.

But I do think there's a contingent of the fanbase that sees disaster at every corner (and I'll bet a lot of them are Met fans, who expect anvils to fall from the sky at every opportunity).

And besides, the Pats fans have had at least two heart-breaking disasters.

SweetZombieJesus
03-15-2012, 07:54 AM
I think that the longer you have been a fan, the pain of big loses seem to outweigh the euphoria that is gained from the big victories. But at the end of the day, it is all about the Super Bowl victories that fix it all. All about the great drama of sports.

For me the wins erase the bad stuff. All that bad stuff that's happened since 2007 since we won in February? It bothers me a tiny bit, but WHO CARES anymore. When we won in 2007 everything bad that's happened since 1990 washed away.

And the elation I felt in 2007 is unequaled by anything in sports. The losing hurts but not as good as that felt.

nygsb42champs
03-15-2012, 08:00 AM
I think Eli is starting to change that feeling. Was there any doubt that he was going to take us down there to score in the Super Bowl?

burier
03-15-2012, 10:36 AM
Funny.

I think when the Giants are in the Superbowl against an inferior QB who we have already defeated in the Superbowl and regular season and all "Giants" fans can talk about it how "Classy" the other coach and organization are. And how great the other QB is I think those people aren't real fans.

There's nothing real about bashing your own team.

ashleymarie
03-15-2012, 09:18 PM
I don't have the ability to know if a fan is pretending to be a fan or if that person is true blue in his heart to the Giants. I love the Giants. When we lost those 4 games in a row last season, my heart was full of dispair. I live in Tx. and in the summer months we see little rain. Water is rationed, the grass dries up, turns brown. When we get rain, whether a morning shower or a gully washer, everyone rejoices and the rain is the topic in every conversation. Just like the Super Bowl.

Flip Empty
03-15-2012, 09:24 PM
I think Eli is starting to change that feeling. Was there any doubt that he was going to take us down there to score in the Super Bowl?
Agree with that. During the fourth quarter of the second Dallas game I remember saying to the person I was watching with - "Eli is going to win this game". That came after I was saying they were going to lose after being up by so much at the half haha