PDA

View Full Version : gallery?

Manstache
03-15-2012, 08:20 AM
robert gallery just got released by the seahawks not too long ago. if the price is right, would yall cats like to see him brought in to possibly start at left guard, or for line depth at the very least? let me know what yall think fellow champs.

Captain Chaos
03-15-2012, 08:34 AM
No, this guy underachieved his entire career. Think what we have and maybe a draft choice will do well for us.

Redeyejedi
03-15-2012, 08:48 AM
Its always about price. People pigeon him as a bust but he has been a solid guard.Who cares where he was picked when he was drafted

Giants Of New Jersey
03-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Its always about price. People pigeon him as a bust but he has been a solid guard.Who cares where he was picked when he was drafted

exactly...if he was a 5th round pick...people would think he was a legit good starter in the league

hungrrrry
03-15-2012, 09:56 AM
No, this guy underachieved his entire career. Think what we have and maybe a draft choice will do well for us.I wanted Eli in the '04 draft but always contemplated Gallery who was drafted #2 overall...He looked to be the best lineman coming out of college, ever, the way he was hyped but true to this poster's point he never lived up to his billing and I am glad we went with Eli...I was even glad through the several years that Eli just sucked...and he did. Finally Eli cleaned things up and Gallery is on his way to becoming back-up

Iowa Giant
03-15-2012, 10:44 AM
I would love to go after Gallery for the right price. Like redeye said, he's thought of as a bust because he didn't turn out to be the dominant LT that he was supposed to be(and was at the college level).

He is a very good Guard though. I would say he is near pro bowl level. Look at the rushing stats for the Seahawks and the Raiders the last few years. He was a big part of that.

Kase-1
03-15-2012, 10:54 AM
If Snee was coming off of 2 back to back bad seasons then maybe. At this point it looks like either Boothe or Petrus could start at OG and honestly Gallery is gonna warrant too much money.

If he was looking at a vet minimum contract type of deal then maybe, but at this point we need to look more at OT's than OG's

Bohemian
03-15-2012, 12:30 PM
If the price is right, there is no reason for not letting him try and earn a spot in the roster. Worst case scenario, he does not work out, and we don't resign him next off-season.