PDA

View Full Version : Olgeetree to visit

egyptian420
03-15-2012, 10:49 AM
<a class="account-group js-account-group js-action-profile js-user-profile-link" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/AdamSchefter" data-user-id="51263592"><strong class="fullname js-action-profile-name">Adam Schefter[/b]
<span>?</span>
<span class="username js-action-profile-name"><s>@</s>AdamSchefter</span></a><a class="with-icn js-toggle-fav" href="https://twitter.com/#"><span class="favorite" title="Favorite"></span>
</a>

<p class="js-tweet-text">One day after former Dallas TE Martellus Bennett signed with New York, Cowboys WR Kevin Ogleetree is visiting the Giants today.</p><p class="js-tweet-text">
</p><p class="js-tweet-text">
</p>

MikeIsaGiant
03-15-2012, 10:50 AM
NO

Just send us Witten :D

egyptian420
03-15-2012, 10:54 AM
NO

lol looks like we're taking all their scrubs...I hope they change it around here though, I'd image he'd come cheap for the purpose of competing with Jernigan/Hixon/Barden or for depth

MikeIsaGiant
03-15-2012, 10:56 AM
NO

lol looks like we're taking all their scrubs...I hope they change it around here though, I'd image he'd come cheap for the purpose of competing with Jernigan/Hixon/Barden or for depth

Naw I like M. bennett.

As much as he was a scrub there, he might not be here

bronxvgiant
03-15-2012, 10:59 AM
I can see why They want to come to a great team but why take all their rejects.

hungrrrry
03-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Ogletree would not be a bad pick-up and could excell here as well...again this hurts Dallas too

I think I would prefer Smith if he is healthy...I expect the Giants will let Smith sweat it out and visits like this will cause him and his agent to come to sensible terms more quickly...we are all set honestly, with the exception of siging Goff...we don't HAVE to bring anyone else...the leverage is all ours.

NY_Eli
03-15-2012, 11:03 AM
Ogletree would not be a bad pick-up and could excell here as well...again this hurts Dallas too

I think I would prefer Smith if he is healthy...I expect the Giants will let Smith sweat it out and visits like this will cause him and his agent to come to sensible terms more quickly...we are all set honestly, with the exception of siging Goff...we don't HAVE to bring anyone else...the leverage is all ours.

I agree. If this team is willing to take a chance on Hixon one year removed from injury, I don't see why they wouldn't give Smith a shot. Seems like a low risk high reward situation.

myles2424
03-15-2012, 11:05 AM

I think I would prefer Smith if he is healthy...I expect the Giants will let Smith sweat it out and visits like this will cause him and his agent to come to sensible terms more quickly...we are all set honestly, with the exception of siging Goff...we don't HAVE to bring anyone else...the leverage is all ours. idk a WR that we could draft in the first 3-4 rounds that wouldn't be a instant upgrade over this guy......I'm all over for upgrading our team,but Olgetree wuld just be wasted spot/$$$

Flip Empty
03-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Hmm, this guy actually showed some promise last year. Wouldn't mind seeing him on the team.

Ntegrase96
03-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Ogletree is a good depth receiver that can make some big tough catches and take big hits.

He didn't get a lot of opportunities here and reports were that he just wasn't a very hard worker after he made an impact in 2009.

But he's quick, good hand-eye coordination and body control. He's all around a good receiving prospect.

jhamburg
03-15-2012, 11:07 AM
I can see why They want to come to a great team but why take all their rejects.

When we talk about good players everyone is like "Are you kidding me? We can't afford him salary cap, etc..." then when we talk about mediocre ones everyone is like "We don't need those scrubs..."

You guys do realize that we need to fill a roster with someone, right?

miked1958
03-15-2012, 11:08 AM
I can see why They want to come to a great team but why take all their rejects.</P>

over the years alot of things have changed. We used to be mainly a running team then went to passing. Always had Gread D and that changed for awhile now its coming back strong. </P>

the one constant however is the Giants FO office and Scouts have always been not good but GREAT evaluators of TALENT. they see things in Guys other teams just dont see. They take guys off the scrap heap or the couch and turn them into NFL Stars. guys that were not even drafted in some cases. </P>

i mean look at some of the guys we took chances on because someone in FO or a Talent Scout said give this guy a try.</P>

JPP, Cruz, pulling Blackburn back off his couch to come up big for us. Canty did nothing really in Dallas and shined this season (still not worth his contract though) look at guys like Boss, Ballard and pascoe. who knew anything about them prior to them coming here?? You also have other projects that could pan out like Marvin Austin, Mark Herzlich. We are bringing back Chad Jones after all he has been through cause they feel the kid will pan out. Most teams would have prob cut ties with him by now. I know it was a terrible thing what happened to him, but the NFL is a cut throat business. We brought in BJ, AB, Ward after Tiki left we were like who are these guys and how are they going to replace his production. Same with shockey leaving. The giants have a knack for finding diamonds in the ROUGH. </P>

Maybe it could be that way with this so called REJECT WR from Dallas. who knows</P>

Lets see if the even sign him first</P>

Ntegrase96
03-15-2012, 11:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8AHIxTscUE

Best Ogletree highlight I can think of-- in 2009 against the Saints.

(starts at about the 2:20 mark)

miked1958
03-15-2012, 11:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8AHIxTscUE

Best Ogletree highlight I can think of-- in 2009 against the Saints.

(starts at about the 2:20 mark)
</P>

Yep. Couldnt find a whole lot of highlights on Bennett. best i could find was a TD vs seahawks in 08, lol.</P>

Well you guys in dallas will have to wait till next season for those 2 players highlight Reels once Eli starts throwing to them. </P>

We will see. I know i am a giants homer and pointed to alot of guys that blossomed and became stars but not everyone works out. we have alot of guys that we took chances on that have not panned out as well.</P>

Sinorce Moss, Goff so far. was getting better and looked like he finally turned the corner until season ending injury in preseason. Beckum for the most part. few good plays but not much. 1 good td in reg season game vs GB. Barden has been a disapointment and injury prone. Clint Sintum was a LB we drafted we were high on that didnt amount to much and was out all of last season with injury. Ward our 3rd back.. decent but dont think he has potential to be great. Hixon showed flashes of being the next Devin Hester or Djax on KOs and Punt returns. I dont have to tell you he did it against you in some key games. But is very injury prone. </P>

So who knows what will happen really with Bennett and if we sign this Ogletree... have to wait and see</P>

titwio
03-15-2012, 11:31 AM

This is not true...Cowboy fans would send him here for a happy meal. All the Cowboy fans I know hate him and the fact they lost Robinson has them cringing because of the thought of Ogletree.

I want no part of this guy.

miked1958
03-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Not that I want SS12 back after what he did but the fact that they are bringing in Olgetree for a look, seems to say they have no interest in SS

miked1958
03-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Need to resign Devin Thomas if you ask me. He is GREAT on STs and is fast as lighting. I think if he got more Reps at WR he would be great at that as well.</P>

Keep it in house. How is Olgetree an upgrade over Thomas or MM</P>

miked1958
03-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Does Olgetree even play STs??

Ntegrase96
03-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Does Olgetree even play STs??

Yes. Not a very great return man, but in 09 he was pretty good on kick coverage.

Zaggs
03-15-2012, 01:04 PM
Not that it would happen, but a top 3 lineup of Nicks, Cruz and Amendola? Unstoppable.

TrueBlue@NYC
03-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Need to resign Devin Thomas if you ask me. He is GREAT on STs and is fast as lighting. I think if he got more Reps at WR he would be great at that as well.</P>

</P>

Yeah, I would rather them keep Thomas if possible. He's a nice fall back in the very possible event Hixon goes down again and he already knows the system. </P>

Maybe it's a money thing. </P>

Also agree with another poster, the fact they're bringing in Ogletree over SS12 definitly smells like there's something else at play there. Maybe the FO thinks Smith totally screwed up his knee by coming back so soon. </P>

egyptian420
03-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Ogletree is a good depth receiver that can make some big tough catches and take big hits.

He didn't get a lot of opportunities here and reports were that he just wasn't a very hard worker after he made an impact in 2009.

But he's quick, good hand-eye coordination and body control. He's all around a good receiving prospect.

thanks for the info

nygsb42champs
03-15-2012, 02:32 PM
I do not want Ogleetree. Lets give the kids we have here the chance to step up and replace MM if he leaves.

rainierjef
03-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Sigh* This is such a bad fit why are we bringing in unmotivated dallas rejects smfh. Bennett- Lazy, unmotivated </P>

Ogletree - unmotivated, unfocused </P>

even if this is for depth purposes i rather look elsewhere for these positions, these are finesse positions and these are not finesse guys. smfh i really hope reese and Co. know exactly whats going on with these guys mentally to tap into whatever potential they have. fml</P>

BigBlue1971
03-15-2012, 03:13 PM
i dont know very much about Olgetree therefore dont think hes a good fit for the Giants! i mean what does he do?</P>

if the Giants need another receiver they shouldresign Devin Thomas and/or take a look at Ted Ginn Jr.</P>

not only that we still have Jeringanwaiting for a chance. Barden is also still in play as well!</P>

nycsportzfan
03-15-2012, 03:25 PM

I like Ogeltree signing better then i like the Bennett signing... I don't hate either, but Ogeltree would be nice fit fighting it out with Jerrnigan and Hixon as our number 3 WR, and so on down the depth chart...

swimeasy
03-15-2012, 03:38 PM
I can see why They want to come to a great team but why take all their rejects.</P>

over the years alot of things have changed. We used to be mainly a running team then went to passing. Always had Gread D and that changed for awhile now its coming back strong. </P>

the one constant however is the Giants FO office and Scouts have always been not good but GREAT evaluators of TALENT. they see things in Guys other teams just dont see. They take guys off the scrap heap or the couch and turn them into NFL Stars. guys that were not even drafted in some cases. </P>

i mean look at some of the guys we took chances on because someone in FO or a Talent Scout said give this guy a try.</P>

JPP, Cruz, pulling Blackburn back off his couch to come up big for us. Canty did nothing really in Dallas and shined this season (still not worth his contract though) look at guys like Boss, Ballard and pascoe. who knew anything about them prior to them coming here?? You also have other projects that could pan out like Marvin Austin, Mark Herzlich. We are bringing back Chad Jones after all he has been through cause they feel the kid will pan out. Most teams would have prob cut ties with him by* now. I know it was a terrible thing what happened to him, but the NFL is a cut throat business. We brought in BJ, AB, Ward after Tiki left we were like who are these guys and how are they going to replace his production. Same with shockey leaving. The giants have a knack for finding diamonds in the ROUGH. </P>

Maybe it could be that way with this so called REJECT WR from Dallas. who knows</P>

Lets see if the even sign him first</P>

Well said Mike.

From what I have read, JPP is just the latest head-scratcher for other fanbases who just can't comprehend how their team's FO could have missed such a talent.

dave56dj
03-15-2012, 03:40 PM
Last year people would have called Victor Cruz/ Jake Ballard/ Henry Hynoski (reaching on hynoski but he was a UDFA) our scrubs and look what happened. Stating TE/ FB And WR.

I'm not saying Ogeltree will be the next one in this line but obviously the giants have seen something they like. So while your gonna "pass" as a fan, Im gonna go with the pro scouts and consider that a vet min contract or something close may be a good idea b/c the gmen say so and they have some serious reputation credit right now. And if it doesn't work out "oh no" you lose almost nothing. Anyway he is in for a meeting that doesn't mean he is already a giant.

Bennett is no scrub - he was their blocking TE with limited reps - for us he will be the number one TE with more targets and far more reps and i for one believe he will show why he was a second rounder. It's not easy to blossom when Romo is already throwing to Williams/ miles/ Bryant/ Whitten/ TO throughout the years.

Going on record our newest unearthing - JUSTIN TRATTOU - will fill in very well for Tolly this year and Tracy to hedge my bet.

nycsportzfan
03-15-2012, 03:49 PM
Last year people would have called Victor Cruz/ Jake Ballard/ Henry Hynoski (reaching on hynoski but he was a UDFA) our scrubs and look what happened. Stating TE/ FB And WR.

I'm not saying Ogeltree will be the next one in this line but obviously the giants have seen something they like. So while your gonna "pass" as a fan, Im gonna go with the pro scouts and consider that a vet min contract or something close may be a good idea b/c the gmen say so and they have some serious reputation credit right now. And if it doesn't work out "oh no" you lose almost nothing. Anyway he is in for a meeting that doesn't mean he is already a giant.

Bennett is no scrub - he was their blocking TE with limited reps - for us he will be the number one TE with more targets and far more reps and i for one believe he will show why he was a second rounder. It's not easy to blossom when Romo is already throwing to Williams/ miles/ Bryant/ Whitten/ TO throughout the years.

Going on record our newest unearthing - JUSTIN TRATTOU - will fill in very well for Tolly this year and Tracy to hedge my bet.

Its all about System, and Ogeltree fits real nicely in as a number 3, possesion type WR, that on occasion can beat u deep, and he is a slippery WR, to be honest, hes kinda a poor mans steve smith, but with a tad better speed.. I think Ogeltree would fit nicely on this team..

nycsportzfan
03-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Also, lets not forget, Ogeltree will be cheap..

GMENAGAIN
03-15-2012, 04:12 PM

</P>

How long has Thomas been in the league?</P>

Hard to imagine that he is suddenly going to be "great" now . . . . .</P>

Medisleman
03-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Eli working with these guys could be a game changer. Look what he has done with Nicks, Manningham, and Cruz. Even Ballard probably would have done nothing as a receiver on most teams. Remember all of these guys were good enough athletes to make it to the NFL, not an easy thing to do. Most of the time success and failure comes due to coaching and who you play with. ALL of them have the ability. I think Eli has developed the ability to make any WR/TE good to great if they are willing to work with him.