PDA

View Full Version : Manningham calls Cleveland a "Miserable Combination" LOL

TuckYou
03-15-2012, 10:34 AM
This is why I didnt want to resign this kid. He is not the sharpest kid. </P>

Asked if he had personally considered signing with the Browns, the team just a few miles down the turnpike from his boyhood home, Manningham was equally blunt:<BR itxtNodeId="75"><BR itxtNodeId="74">"No. Not really."</P>

"A lot of players wouldn't (want to play in Cleveland). Like, I'm not trying to put the organization down," he said just before putting the organization down. "But a lot of players, that wouldn't be in their top choices. Because everybody says how cold it is in Cleveland. And team-wise so it's a miserable combination."<BR itxtNodeId="37"><BR itxtNodeId="36">Wow, not a very smart thing, no matter how true it may be, to say while you are struggling to land that big money contract you want in Free Agency.</P>

Mario being Mario.</P>

He should never step up to a microphone. Ever. </P>

http://news-herald.com/articles/2012/03/14/sports/nh5233292.txt</P>

MikeIsaGiant
03-15-2012, 10:35 AM
True, but stupid to say LOL.

bLuereverie
03-15-2012, 10:38 AM

I don't think Mario has the mental capacity to lie.

repeatchamps
03-15-2012, 10:40 AM

</P>

ROFLMAO!</P>

MikeIsaGiant
03-15-2012, 10:40 AM

Lie is not in his vocab. haha

TuckYou
03-15-2012, 10:42 AM
Its cold.... thats what he says? Really? Did he not play in Ohio in HS, Michigan in College and NY as a pro? Its cold?</P>

Come on Mario</P>

Kase-1
03-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Well Mario said what we've all known since the Browns started their franchise up again

CDN_G-FAN
03-15-2012, 10:43 AM

Asked if he had personally considered signing with the Browns, the team just a few miles down the turnpike from his boyhood home, Manningham was equally blunt:<BR itxtNodeId="75"><BR itxtNodeId="74">"No. Not really."</P>

"A lot of players wouldn't (want to play in Cleveland). Like, I'm not trying to put the organization down," he said just before putting the organization down. "But a lot of players, that wouldn't be in their top choices. Because everybody says how cold it is in Cleveland. And team-wise so it's a miserable combination."<BR itxtNodeId="37"><BR itxtNodeId="36">Wow, not a very smart thing, no matter how true it may be, to say while you are struggling to land that big money contract you want in Free Agency.</P>

Mario being Mario.</P>

</P>

+1</P>

i guarantee you his agent went to a bar and got absolutelyobliterated after hearing his client quoted like that.</P>

GmenFan1980
03-15-2012, 10:48 AM
http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt129/KISSMYQUOTES/pagegraphics/football/cleveland-browns-sucks.gif

http://rido284.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/8928.jpg?w=300&h=240

RoanokeFan
03-15-2012, 10:52 AM
You would think that someone looking for work might have simply said all options are open lol

He could end up back here

lamas
03-15-2012, 10:52 AM

I guess it makes everyone on this board feel better about themselves when they make comments about MM's IQ. I just don't get it. He doesn't need to be a brain surgeon, he just needs to play well.

Can someone please tell me why is it stupid for MM to comment that he doesn't want to go to Clevelend? He realizes that accepting a big contract there is not going to produce a successful career for him (see Gibril Wilson going to Oakland in '08). Isn't that the smart move?

RoanokeFan
03-15-2012, 10:55 AM
Its cold.... thats what he says? Really? Did he not play in Ohio in HS, Michigan in College and NY as a pro? Its cold?</p>

Come on Mario</p>

He had a point with "cold." In Cleveland, as in Buffalo, there are only two seasons:

FOURTH OF JULY AND WINTER

MikeIsaGiant
03-15-2012, 10:56 AM

I guess it makes everyone on this board feel better about themselves when they make comments about MM's IQ.* I just don't get it.* He doesn't need to be a brain surgeon, he just needs to play well.

Can someone please tell me why is it stupid for MM to comment that he doesn't want to go to Clevelend?* He realizes that accepting a big contract there is not going to produce a successful career for him (see Gibril Wilson going to Oakland in '08).* Isn't that the smart move?*

Him having a stellar year/years in Cleveland would also boost his image.

no one's calling out his IQ, but it's pretty ignorany as a football player who wants a lot of money to go and say he doesn't want to play in Cleveland because it's "cold". It's cold in NY too. Doesn't make sense at all

Morehead State
03-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Its cold.... thats what he says? Really? Did he not play in Ohio in HS, Michigan in College and NY as a pro? Its cold?</P>

Come on Mario</P>

He had a point with "cold." In Cleveland, as in Buffalo, there are only two seasons:

</P>

I am from Cleveland and I can tell you its no colder than north Jersey.</P>

burier
03-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Theres nothing wrong with him saying he doesn't want to play somewhere.

You think he's not getting a deal from someone???

Well he is so....Stupid is as stupid posts.

TuckYou
03-15-2012, 11:04 AM

I guess it makes everyone on this board feel better about themselves when they make comments about MM's IQ. I just don't get it. He doesn't need to be a brain surgeon, he just needs to play well.

Can someone please tell me why is it stupid for MM to comment that he doesn't want to go to Clevelend? He realizes that accepting a big contract there is not going to produce a successful career for him (see Gibril Wilson going to Oakland in '08). Isn't that the smart move?
</P>

Well, he is writing off teams by saying this. Cleveland isnt the only city that is cold and not much going on. Other Cities of teams looking for WRs, like Buffalo, Minnesota maybe Detroit? Also are fitting this category. It is just dumb to say this stuff when, in Mario's case, he is going to go where the money is. What if the Browns offer him way more then any other team?</P>

TuckYou
03-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Theres nothing wrong with him saying he doesn't want to play somewhere. You think he's not getting a deal from someone??? Well he is so....Stupid is as stupid posts.</P>

Honestly, you have to be a complete moron to not understand why a FA in his situation should not say this stuff, but thats not my problem.</P>

He isnt just saying he doesnt want to go there, he is putting down the city and organization as a whole. Plus, I think we all know that words and sentences and public speakingaren't his strength, so why go out of his way to put himself out there like this?</P>

lamas
03-15-2012, 11:07 AM

Him having a stellar year/years in Cleveland would also boost his image.

no one's calling out his IQ, but it's pretty ignorany as a football player who wants a lot of money to go and say he doesn't want to play in Cleveland because it's "cold". It's cold in NY too. Doesn't make sense at all

Yeah, but you're omitting the "miserable combination" part of his reasoning. In Cleveland, it's cold...and they suck. In NY, it's and we're Super Bowl Champions.

And to say that no one is calling out his IQ is false. Just look at the post I quoted above.

RoanokeFan
03-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Its cold.... thats what he says? Really? Did he not play in Ohio in HS, Michigan in College and NY as a pro? Its cold?</p>

Come on Mario</p>

</p>

I am from Cleveland and I can tell you its no colder than north Jersey.</p>

Are you having a bad day or just not liking me today? lol

It was meant to be a joke..."two seasons"

TuckYou
03-15-2012, 11:22 AM

Come on Mario</P>

</P>

</P>

I feel like there are a bunch of angry people blasting away today. I got a short fuse with them right now. They must be pissed about their brackets.</P>

lamas
03-15-2012, 11:24 AM

</p>

Well, he is writing off teams by saying this. Cleveland isnt the only city that is cold and not much going on. Other Cities of teams looking for WRs, like Buffalo, Minnesota maybe Detroit? Also are fitting this category. It is just dumb to say this stuff when, in Mario's case, he is going to go where the money is. What if the Browns offer him way more then any other team?</p>

In the same interview, he said it is important to go to a team with a good QB situation. That doesn't sound like a player looking only for money. So yes, he is limiting his options, but not just because it's cold like the link above makes it seem.

Morehead State
03-15-2012, 11:25 AM

Come on Mario</P>

</P>

</P>

The joke here in Mass. is that there are two seasons.........Winter and construction.</P>

And there's never a day when I don't like you.</P>

ryan12
03-15-2012, 11:26 AM
You would think that someone looking for work might have simply said all options are open* lol

i would love it. keeping running your mouth rio and pissing people off

Morehead State
03-15-2012, 11:27 AM

</P>

Well, he is writing off teams by saying this. Cleveland isnt the only city that is cold and not much going on. Other Cities of teams looking for WRs, like Buffalo, Minnesota maybe Detroit? Also are fitting this category. It is just dumb to say this stuff when, in Mario's case, he is going to go where the money is. What if the Browns offer him way more then any other team?</P>

In the same interview, he said it is important to go to a team with a good QB situation. That doesn't sound like a player looking only for money. So yes, he is limiting his options, but not just because it's cold like the link above makes it seem.
</P>

This is it exactly. The problem with Cleveland is that they don't have a QB. The difference between all good teams and bad teams is the QB.</P>

He wants to go to a team with a good QB, as all WR's do. The weather (as he said) makes it a terrible combination. Cold AND no QB.</P>

RoanokeFan
03-15-2012, 11:28 AM
You would think that someone looking for work might have simply said all options are open lol

I don't know if he's pissing anyone off, he's just not endearing himself to a particular potential employer.

RoanokeFan
03-15-2012, 11:31 AM

Come on Mario</p>

</p>

I am from Cleveland and I can tell you its no colder than north Jersey.</p>

</p>

The joke here in Mass. is that there are two seasons.........Winter and construction.</p>

And there's never a day when I don't like you.</p>

[;)]

GmenFan1980
03-15-2012, 11:32 AM

I guess it makes everyone on this board feel better about themselves when they make comments about MM's IQ.* I just don't get it.* He doesn't need to be a brain surgeon, he just needs to play well.

Can someone please tell me why is it stupid for MM to comment that he doesn't want to go to Clevelend?* He realizes that accepting a big contract there is not going to produce a successful career for him (see Gibril Wilson going to Oakland in '08).* Isn't that the smart move?*
</p>

Well, he is writing off teams by saying this. Cleveland isnt the only city that is cold and not much going on. Other Cities of teams looking for WRs, like Buffalo, Minnesota maybe Detroit? Also are fitting this category. It is just dumb to say this stuff when, in Mario's case, he is going to go where the money is. What if the Browns offer him way more then any other team?</p>

In the same interview, he said it is important to go to a team with a good QB situation.* That doesn't sound like a player looking only for money.* So yes, he is limiting his options, but not just because it's cold like the link above makes it seem.

Manninghams criteria:

Money-
Championship contender-
He will get more passes-

I think Detroit would actually be a good place for him, he could be the #2 and with how much Stafford passes, he will get his opportunity to shine. I'm sure they can offer him a decent contract and build from there.

But i doubt any of this happens lol

Morehead State
03-15-2012, 11:32 AM

I don't know if he's pissing anyone off, he's just not endearing himself to a particular potential employer.
</P>

Teams that have a need would sign him if they still thought he could play. The problem is that I'm not sure he still can. He's not a Randy Moss kind of guy. He's a guy who works as hard as anyone in the league. And thats games AND practices.</P>

But the bottom line is that it seems that teams understand that his body may be too beat up by the game and father time to play in the league anymore.</P>

TuckYou
03-15-2012, 11:33 AM

</P>

</P>

If it isnt the money, then why isnt he trying to get back with the Giants? </P>

burier
03-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Theres nothing wrong with him saying he doesn't want to play somewhere. You think he's not getting a deal from someone??? Well he is so....Stupid is as stupid posts.</P>

Honestly, you have to be a complete moron to not understand why a FA in his situation should not say this stuff, but thats not my problem.</P>

He isnt just saying he doesnt want to go there, he is putting down the city and organization as a whole. Plus, I think we all know that words and sentences and public speaking*aren't his strength, so why go out of his way to put himself out there like this?</P>

I'm not a moron and the name calling isn't necessary.

He is a FA so that's the territory. You have to speak up. Every notable freeagent does as it offers visibilty. Every notable freeagent gets quoted at one point or another prior to signing.

He said the city and the organization are "Cold"

The city is in fact cold.

The organization has done some things to players that some consider "cold" in the past.

He didn't even mention the teams losing tradition.

What Manningham really said was "Money isn't my top priority. I want comfortable surroundings and I want to play for a team who respects its players and is commited to winning"

So....Is he the moron for saying it or are the people who don't get it the morons?

edit: I notice you ask if money isn't the priority why doesn't he just sign with the Giants.

1) Money is a priority. Maybe not the top priority but its alway a priority.

2) And he said Cleveland is cold. Don't know if you've ever been but so is Jersey. He might want a climate change.

We may want to start thinking a little more critically before we start calling people out on their sentence structure and throwing the term "moron" around perhaps.

lamas
03-15-2012, 11:37 AM

</p>

</p>

If it isnt the money, then why isnt he trying to get back with the Giants? </p>

Of course it's about money too, but not just money. He wants the perfect situation. Good QB, lots of passes thrown his way, and money. In NY, he doesn't get two of those.

TuckYou
03-15-2012, 11:43 AM

He isnt just saying he doesnt want to go there, he is putting down the city and organization as a whole. Plus, I think we all know that words and sentences and public speakingaren't his strength, so why go out of his way to put himself out there like this?</P>

I'm not a moron and the name calling isn't necessary. He is a FA so that's the territory. You have to speak up. Every notable freeagent does as it offers visibilty. Every notable freeagent gets quoted at one point or another prior to signing. He said the city and the organization are "Cold" The city is in fact cold. The organization has done some things to players that some consider "cold" in the past. He didn't even mention the teams losing tradition. What Manningham really said was "Money isn't my top priority. I want comfortable surroundings and I want to play for a team who respects its players and is commited to winning" So....Is he the moron for saying it or are the people who don't get it the morons?</P>

First off, I believe you were the one starting the whole 3rd grade name calling thing, for my biting into it, I apologize. I should of took the high road.</P>

Back to the topic at hand, if you listen to the audio, you can tell he completely alienates himself from Cleveland, and any other "cold, miserable" city. Obviously he is right on the facts, but he is talking to a Cleveland radio on air and says that stuff. Im just saying, it isnt the smartest thing to say.</P>

Flip Empty
03-15-2012, 11:47 AM
I think Detroit would actually be a good place for him, he could be the #2 and with how much Stafford passes, he will get his opportunity to shine. I'm sure they can offer him a decent contract and build from there.

But i doubt any of this happens lol
Yeah, that'd probably be a great fit for him, but Titus Young has that #2 spot all but locked up. Nate Burleson is still effective as well.

How about Manning to Manningham 2.0 in Denver? (provided Peyton goes there, of course)

ShockeyShow
03-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Wow Rio.....just wow.

I love you man, but can you not just listen to your agent when he tells you to repeat "We are looking at every scenario at this time."

Short and sweet and gets you out of that cornering-question, quick and easy

TuckYou
03-15-2012, 11:48 AM

</P>

</P>

If it isnt the money, then why isnt he trying to get back with the Giants? </P>

Of course it's about money too, but not just money. He wants the perfect situation. Good QB, lots of passes thrown his way, and money. In NY, he doesn't get two of those.
</P>

Well, if he wants a warm city, a good QB, money and to be a top WR on the team, he really limits himself. I couldnt name a team that has all that in fact. Id say Jacksonville, but is Henne or Gabbert that good? Dallas, but behind Austin and Dez. Miami? No QB... Tampa? Just signed VJax. San Diego maybe a fit I guess</P>

chizz
03-15-2012, 11:55 AM
what an idiot for saying what he actually feels . He will still get picked up by a team . You really think this will stop a team from picking him up ?

lamas
03-15-2012, 11:56 AM

</p>

</p>

If it isnt the money, then why isnt he trying to get back with the Giants? </p>

</p>

Well, if he wants a warm city, a good QB, money and to be a top WR on the team, he really limits himself. I couldnt name a team that has all that in fact. Id say Jacksonville, but is Henne or Gabbert that good? Dallas, but behind Austin and Dez. Miami? No QB... Tampa? Just signed VJax. San Diego maybe a fit I guess</p>
I'm not saying he's going to get all those things. He's just looking for them. He will certainly have to settle for less, but the only team so far that he has specifically crossed off his list is Cleveland.

Did Cleveland even want Manningham? The feeling could be mutual.

RoanokeFan
03-15-2012, 11:57 AM
what an idiot for saying what he eactually feels . He will still get picked up by a team . You really think this will stop a team from picking him up ?

Of course not, but every day that goes by reduces his leverage. At some point, he may well find the GIANTS' offer to be his bet offer.

Kruunch
03-15-2012, 12:16 PM

I don't think Mario has the mental capacity to SPELL lie.

burier
03-15-2012, 12:19 PM

He isnt just saying he doesnt want to go there, he is putting down the city and organization as a whole. Plus, I think we all know that words and sentences and public speaking*aren't his strength, so why go out of his way to put himself out there like this?</P>

I'm not a moron and the name calling isn't necessary. He is a FA so that's the territory. You have to speak up. Every notable freeagent does as it offers visibilty. Every notable freeagent gets quoted at one point or another prior to signing. He said the city and the organization are "Cold" The city is in fact cold. The organization has done some things to players that some consider "cold" in the past. He didn't even mention the teams losing tradition. What Manningham really said was "Money isn't my top priority. I want comfortable surroundings and I want to play for a team who respects its players and is commited to winning" So....Is he the moron for saying it or are the people who don't get it the morons?</P>

First off, I believe you were the one starting the whole 3rd grade name calling thing, for my biting into it, I apologize. I should of took the high road.</P>

Back to the topic at hand, if you listen to the audio, you can tell he completely alienates himself from Cleveland, and any other "cold, miserable" city. Obviously he is right on the facts, but he is talking to a Cleveland radio on air and says that stuff. Im just saying, it isnt the smartest thing to say.</P>

No...you without basis questioned Manninghams intellect.

I've yet to use a third grade tactic on you. If you felt I called you a name that may have to do with some insecurity issues you have.

As you say...Not my problem.

Its fine if you're saying Mario's comments weren't the smartest. I'm just letting you know that you're wrong.

GameTime
03-15-2012, 12:22 PM

Mario being Mario.</P>

</P>

+1</P>

i guarantee you his agent went to a bar and got absolutelyobliterated after hearing his client quoted like that.</P>

</P>

the way some of these players have the inability to communicate properly with the media you would figure they would get a PR coach of some sort. I mean don't the directors of player personel want this?? How much would it take to coach a guy how to speak without saying things detrimental to himself and or the team he plays for. Also how to speak without sounding like he is lacking a basic education. Not judging someone on how they speak as a scale of their inteligence but it does paint a picture. </P>

</P>

pino
03-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Haha man the Browns have got to be the lowest team in the NFL, which is odd considering their history and how long they have been in the league.

They just don't get any respect. I almost feel bad for their fans. Even the Ravens win a Super Bowl the INSTANT they leave Cleveland. They haven't had a decent QB since Bernie Kosar.

DEgiants89
03-15-2012, 12:33 PM
This is why I didnt want to resign this kid. He is not the sharpest kid. </p>

Asked if he had personally considered signing with the Browns, the team just a few miles down the turnpike from his boyhood home, Manningham was equally blunt:<br itxtnodeid="75"><br itxtnodeid="74">"No. Not really."</p>

"A lot of players wouldn't (want to play in Cleveland). Like, I'm not trying to put the organization down," he said just before putting the organization down. "But a lot of players, that wouldn't be in their top choices. Because everybody says how cold it is in Cleveland. And team-wise so it's a miserable combination."<br itxtnodeid="37"><br itxtnodeid="36">Wow, not a very smart thing, no matter how true it may be, to say while you are struggling to land that big money contract you want in Free Agency.</p>

Mario being Mario.</p>

He should never step up to a microphone. Ever. </p>

http://news-herald.com/articles/2012/03/14/sports/nh5233292.txt</p>

you have to admit, he makes headline material...what a funny dude

nhpgiantsfan
03-15-2012, 12:37 PM
It's football. Who cares how they talk. The aren't running for political office. Just catch the damn ball Rio. Everyone is getting on his case because we are upset we are losing him. There are many players that weren't the best public speakers.
LT is the first one that comes to mind.

TuckYou
03-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Theres nothing wrong with him saying he doesn't want to play somewhere. You think he's not getting a deal from someone??? Well he is so....<U><FONT size=4>Stupid is as stupid posts</FONT></U>.</P>

No...you without basis questioned Manninghams intellect. I've yet to use a third grade tactic on you. If you felt I called you a name that may have to do with some insecurity issues you have. As you say...Not my problem. Its fine if you're saying Mario's comments weren't the smartest. I'm just letting you know that you're wrong.</P>

Is this not insulting my intelligence using name calling? If not please explain. From what I gather, you are saying my post is stupid no? Then saying I am stupid for posting something stupid... You know what, this is stupid. Insecurity issues huh? Yeah, Im insecure because of what someone I never met and never will meet feels about my posting. </P>

And for the record, I do feel Mario is half ******ed. He is not a bright man. But he is a hell of an athlete and thats all that matters. </P>

Im pointing out the fact that he is in fact, not a bright man, by saying this. It limits his opportunities. Why do you think most athletes will give an answer that leaves all his options open, even if he thinks he wont sign with the team? Why do most if not all agents say to do that? Because..... IT IS THE SMART THING TO DO.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

burier
03-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Theres nothing wrong with him saying he doesn't want to play somewhere. You think he's not getting a deal from someone??? Well he is so....<U><FONT size=4>Stupid is as stupid posts</FONT></U>.</P>

No...you without basis questioned Manninghams intellect. I've yet to use a third grade tactic on you. If you felt I called you a name that may have to do with some insecurity issues you have. As you say...Not my problem. Its fine if you're saying Mario's comments weren't the smartest. I'm just letting you know that you're wrong.</P>

Is this not insulting my intelligence using name calling? If not please explain. From what I gather, you are saying my post is stupid no? Then saying I am stupid for posting something stupid... You know what, this is stupid. Insecurity issues huh? Yeah, Im insecure because of what someone I never met and never will meet feels about my posting. </P>

And for the record, I do feel Mario is half ******ed. He is not a bright man. But he is a hell of an athlete and thats all that matters. </P>

Im pointing out the fact that he is in fact, not a bright man, by saying this. It limits his opportunities. Why do you think most athletes will give an answer that leaves all his options open, even if he thinks he wont sign with the team? Why do most if not all agents say to do that? Because..... IT IS THE SMART THING TO DO.</P>

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

You're right. I was calling you stupid.

nygsb42champs
03-15-2012, 01:28 PM
That will not be the last time he puts his foot in his mouth for sure.

Joe Morrison
03-15-2012, 01:34 PM
That will not be the last time he puts his foot in his mouth for sure.</P>

It was known he was never the brightest bulb in the box!</P>

Morehead State
03-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Well it only took about 40 days for some of you to hate on one of our SB heros.</P>

Congrats to all of you. that may be a record.</P>

JMGGIANTS
03-15-2012, 01:57 PM
I agree with you Moorehead. Why even resort to talking about this kid. Hasn't there been way too much talk about this kids mental capacity.They ought to be embarassed. </P>

I could care less about Mario's IQ, etc. He had incredible athletic ability and doesn't start any trouble.</P>

rainierjef
03-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Mario Manningham did not hurt his FA stock by saying what he said, and to whomever thinks he did, then you obviously don't knowwhat your talking about </P>

people are going to draft Jenoris Jenkins with questionable back ground, Same reason why we drafted bradshaw with questionable back ground. it doesn't matterwhat they say and sometimes it doesn't matter what they do ( dez bryant, pacman jones, talib qualib ) as long as a teamhas a need, and a player of talent is available then that player will get calls. i think people on here just look for every chance to call mario stupid or has a low IQ. Manningham saying what he said is not stupid at all, he would rather turn down a major contract and play for a team that has a chance to compete... can you blame him? the Browns</P>

1. didn't even make a viable offer to get the 2nd or arguably 1st best QB in the draft</P>

2. their not doing anything to surroundthe team with talent in FA</P>

3. their not even showing an incling of interest in the any of the FA QB's out there </P>

4. has been a losing franchise since i've been born and before that. </P>

if anything he just made his suitor list thinner by eliminating cold weather teams unless its the giants.</P>

Morehead State
03-15-2012, 02:24 PM
I agree with you Moorehead. Why even resort to talking about this kid. Hasn't there been way too much talk about this kids mental capacity.They ought to be embarassed. </P>

I could care less about Mario's IQ, etc. He had incredible athletic ability and doesn't start any trouble.</P>

</P>

He's made a lot of plays for us over the years, including one of the biggest in team history in SB 46.</P>

He's been a good Giant. But now its time for him to get out of the #3 position here and go somewhere that he can get more targets.</P>

I wish him luck.</P>

Roswell777
03-15-2012, 02:33 PM
Ok, so the guy's not going to do color commentary when his career is over.

The important thing is that he hasn't signed anywhere yet and maybe, like Bradshaw last year, he can come back to the Giants for an affordable cap number.

It's where he belongs.

Medisleman
03-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Mario is a bit slow. I have a feeling this is why there hasn't been tons of interest yet. I don't know that every QB is going to have the patience that Eli likely has had to teach him the offense.

paul007
03-15-2012, 06:36 PM
AWH MAN!

Flip Empty
03-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Well it only took about 40 days for some of you to hate on one of our SB heros.</P>

Congrats to all of you. that may be a record.</P>
It's pretty pathetic. And the repeated knocks on his intelligence? Grow up.

chasjay
03-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Well it only took about 40 days for some of you to hate on one of our SB heros.</p>

Congrats to all of you. that may be a record.</p>
It's pretty pathetic. And the repeated knocks on his intelligence? Grow up.

I don't like verbal shots at guys who are victims of their background and lack of guidance and support. I wish Mario the best - I've never known him to act like he's God's gift. But I don't think most of the posters meant any harm (though some probably did). I've been guilty many times over the years of making comments that didn't come out sounding the way I meant them, when I was trying too hard to be amusing.

KidA
03-15-2012, 09:41 PM
"Like, I'm not trying to put the organization down," he said just before putting the organization down.

That is funny.

Blue daddy
03-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Geez Mario.

BlueSanta
03-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Im not gonna chastise a guy for speaking words that are a) prolly true and b) prolly something most players would 100% agree with.

In fact, I would commend him for not giving the same robotic publicist driven drivel you hear come out of every athlete's mouth.

VelocityVirus
03-15-2012, 10:35 PM
LOL

I don't think it's just the cold. He basically said that it's cold plus the team sucks....haha. I'm pretty sure he would put up with NY or New England cold, but he wouldn't put up with Cleveland cold is what he was getting at.

GreenZone
03-15-2012, 11:07 PM
Honestly, you have to be a complete moron to not understand why a FA in his situation should not say this stuff, but thats not my problem.</p>

He isnt just saying he doesnt want to go there, he is putting down the city and organization as a whole. Plus, I think we all know that words and sentences and public speakingaren't his strength, so why go out of his way to put himself out there like this?</p>

Speaking of complete moron, did you ever bother to check your sources here? This was from a newspaper columnist, quoting (or mis-characterizing) what Mario may or may not have said in this video interview (which I cannot pull up on any of four browsers). So, it may have been a complete moron who wrote what everyone talks of like it were gospel.
</p>

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/index.ssf/2012/03/cleveland_is_not_a_hot_destina.html</p>

At least instead of going off half ****ed, find out what you're talking about.</p>

And, as opposed to Mario not being bright, it's incredibly obvious that he's shy. Thus, he may be anywhere from genius to brain dead, but you 're not really getting a clue from any of these interviews.
</p>

Finally, in another Plain Dealer article, it talks about how his grandfather was putting him in Browns jerseys when he was three, but he refused to like the team as a kid. So, it's less of a surprise what he may have said now.</p>

From hearing him on Boomer and Carton, I think there's a great chance he's back with the Giants. Before he was on, it was reported he was virtually certain to become a Buc. Manningham indicated clearly the story was fictional.
</p>

JJC7301
03-15-2012, 11:50 PM

Mario being Mario.</P>

Maybe MM has some lines in the sand that he just won't cross and would actually come back as a # 3 WR on the Giants instead of a # 1 or 2 on a team like the Browns? Just wondering.

And enough with the "moron" comments about the guy. The guy has never done or said anything to be called a moron.

And people on these boards are usually busting any Giant players chops for looking for any $$$ that he can get, but MM may or may not have said "Nope" about Cleveland and that makes him an idiot?

Axels15
03-15-2012, 11:51 PM
I don't blame him...

Bohemian
03-16-2012, 12:03 AM
Are the Cleveland Browns the Chicago Cubs of the NFL?

JJC7301
03-16-2012, 12:43 AM
Are the Cleveland Browns the Chicago Cubs of the NFL?

Even the Cubs are more relevant than the Browns.

The Browns are one of my back-up teams that I've been rooting for since the '80s (I was a Kosar fan). I hope to see a day where they are good again, but just not against the Giants in any inter-conference games of course.

Firenugget
03-16-2012, 06:04 AM
Theres nothing wrong with him saying he doesn't want to play somewhere.

You think he's not getting a deal from someone???

Well he is so....Stupid is as stupid posts.

He's not getting 1 or 2 WR money. He'll get high 3rd WR money at best because that's what he is.

Joe Morrison
03-16-2012, 07:15 AM
Teams are really beating down the doors to get to Manningham?</P>

Going to the 49ers where they already picked up Moss on the cheap.</P>

Miami has no QB.</P>

Looks like his last hope is the Bills, but they just shelled out 100 mill to the other Mario.</P>

Maybe he will end up in Giants Blue again for a fair contract.</P>

SweetZombieJesus
03-16-2012, 07:54 AM
Because everybody says how cold it is in Cleveland.

If you haven't been to Cleveland, it's like Newark on the great lakes. It gets BONE COLD because of the lake effect.

I was there during the SB XLIII week off for the Pro Football HoF and the Rock 'N Roll HoF and froze my nuts off.

hungrrrry
03-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Correct me if I am wrong....and I have not looked past the first page of this thread, so maybe someone has brought up this point already, but didn't Eli state he "did not want to play for San Diego" and Eli is considered to be one of the smartest QB's in the game...if there is no issue with that then there should be no issue with Mario.

Hail
03-16-2012, 07:51 PM
The hypocrisy in this thread is hilarious. You chatise him for dissing the Browns but if he said this about the Redskins or Eagles, you would be worshping him.

BK07071
03-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Mario isn't exactly the brightest star in the sky when it comes to the Giants . A matter of fact it is known that Mario has the lowest I.Q. of any player on the team. Talented kid when it comes to playing football....but when it comes to using his brain....well that's another story.

Mod_C
03-16-2012, 08:58 PM
The hypocrisy in this thread is hilarious. You chatise him for dissing the Browns but if he said this about the Redskins or Eagles, you would be worshping him.

You are becoming a real annoyance.

chuckedafter5yards
03-17-2012, 08:54 AM
It's also why I like Mario so much, he is genuine. He is saying "it's cold" as a way of deflecting the real issue which he REALLY can't state- they are a horrible franchise from top to bottom who are incapable of winning (or apparently protecting their players)- reference Colt McCoy under permanent head injury while trainers look at his wrist. To be fair they were just seeing if he still had a pulse after being hit.
Imagine how bad it would be if Mario stated they were a bunch of loser who don't protect their players. ouch

GreenZone
03-17-2012, 11:43 AM
It's amazing how many people offer up so many opinions of what Mario should or shouldn't do, without even understanding what's going on.

Mario grew up in the area and disliked the Brownies.

From the Cleveland Plain Dealer (http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/02/browns_not_on_manninghams_mind.html), Sun. Feb. 5th...

INDIANAPOLIS -- When Warren native Mario Manningham was a toddler, his grandfather, Gerald Simpson, tried to mold him into a Browns fan. </p>

"I was about 4 years old, and he used to put me in this too-small
Browns outfit," said Manningham. "Even after I grew out of it, he used
to tell my mom to put it on me on Sundays. He really wanted me to like
the Browns, but I didn't."
</p>

</p>

The result here of Mario not signing with the Browns may be the result of a simple fashion snafu from a long time ago.
</p>

It's more likely that Mario didn't like the Browns being shoved down his throat then, and apparently still doesn't by his agent today.
</p>

burier
03-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Mario got signed so soon after this story broke that one could argue it actually worked in his favor.

Funny ey?