PDA

View Full Version : David Baas' "SEASON IN DOUBT"

TuckYou
12-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Just heard on the radio. They said Baas is undergoing more tests for his "headaches" and Coughlin and the Giants are starting to think it may be more then just a headache. </P>

I'm sure he is going through concussion tests and MRI's and such.</P>

This signing is becoming more and more like a bust. </P>

BlueJayC
12-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Just heard on the radio. They said Baas is undergoing more tests for his "headaches" and Coughlin and the Giants are starting to think it may be more then just a headache. </P>

</P>

Already is a bust.....with that being said I hope he's okay and it's not something REAL serious.......random headaches are definitely not a good sign......</P>

MikeIsaGiant
12-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Thank you David Bust, feel better

RonJon
12-07-2011, 11:36 AM
I heard the other day he and Shawn Andrews have been shut down for the rest of the season. Looks like Boothe is gonna be the starting center from here on out and Petrus the starting left guard. Rookie James brewer may have to be activated for the frst time this season as well

TuckYou
12-07-2011, 11:41 AM
I heard the other day he and Shawn Andrews have been shut down for the rest of the season. Looks like Boothe is gonna be the starting center from here on out and Petrus the starting left guard. Rookie James brewer may have to be activated for the frst time this season as well</P>

Andrews is shut down for the rest of the year already, Baas is not. They are doing more tests. Brewer was active last week vs Green Bay.</P>

RoanokeFan
12-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Just heard on the radio. They said Baas is undergoing more tests for his "headaches" and Coughlin and the Giants are starting to think it may be more then just a headache. </p>

I'm sure he is going through concussion tests and MRI's and such.</p>

This signing is becoming more and more like a bust. </p>

Maybe we could wait to see if he's got a serious injury/illness before we diss the guy. Stacy Andres might have died had they not acted quickly and thoroughly in his case.

krygny
12-07-2011, 12:18 PM
ESPN has the "scoop" (/sarc)

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7326714/new-york-giants-david-baas-injury-more-serious-headache

TuckYou
12-07-2011, 12:41 PM

Maybe we could wait to see if he's got a serious injury/illness before we diss the guy. Stacy Andres might have died had they not acted quickly and thoroughly in his case.
</P>

Not so much dissing him as I am dissing Reese... Baas, even when healthy was horrible in run blocking. Reese had to of done his homework on that before giving him that huge contract, right?</P>

reese is hurting this team finacially right now. He is really strapping us tight. Next year we wont be able to resign our oun FAs again yet alone sign others. </P>

Gmen2005
12-07-2011, 12:52 PM
<font color="#FF0000">I think it may be the first time he's actually thinking, which probably is putting a lot of strain on his brain</font>.

But seriously, I hope he gets better. I don't experience headaches a lot aside from hangovers and they're terrible.

JMFP2
12-07-2011, 01:08 PM
I've been pretty brutal on Baas, but I'm going to lay off.

This might be something serious, and might explain why he hasn't made the splash this season that alot of fans (myself included) were expecting.

So, I'm hoping he's okay, gets better, and can make a contrbution to the team.

That being said, Petrus + Boothe really looked good last week. The next game should be interesting.

burier
12-07-2011, 01:47 PM
sounds like hes got a concussion. Seriously.

Anyway its beside the point because he's a garbage football player and I'm actually getting sick of these free agency JR signs that I've never heard of.

First I'm told Rocky Bernard is a beast

Now this?

RoanokeFan
12-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Just heard on the radio. They said Baas is undergoing more tests for his "headaches" and Coughlin and the Giants are starting to think it may be more then just a headache. </p>

</p>

Not so much dissing him as I am dissing Reese... Baas, even when healthy was horrible in run blocking. Reese had to of done his homework on that before giving him that huge contract, right?</p>

reese is hurting this team finacially right now. He is really strapping us tight. Next year we wont be able to resign our oun FAs again yet alone sign others. </p>

It's not that simple and I wasn't meaning my post for you, I must have his the wrong quote button.

We were in a non-cap year and we spent money to give us a better team. No one knew two things. How much the cap would be in 2011, how the people we spent money on would play.

We have the luxury of hindsight. We now know what the CAP is and were so far above it we had to get rid of players just to be able to get under. When they signed Baas he was probably the best guy out there in their estimation. Now, we, me included, would rather Kevin Boothe play center.

Just wait until this season is over and Reese has to trim the fat BIG TIME. We are gong to see players like Jacobs, Diehl, McKenzie, and Snee on the auction block. It has to happen in order to be able to sign players we need to keep.

Right now, as an example, we are paying two salaries for every player on IR. That's not helping us get under next year's CAP.

We'll have to see what they do, but it will have to involved getting rid of players due to make multi-millions next season.

Roosevelt
12-07-2011, 02:59 PM

A bust? This could be something serious. More serious then football.

DragonSoul
12-07-2011, 03:00 PM

Maybe we could wait to see if he's got a serious injury/illness before we diss the guy.* Stacy Andres might have died had they not acted quickly and thoroughly in his case.
Agreed. A game vs someones life/health there is no comparison,

Could possibly be neurological issue.

TuckYou
12-07-2011, 03:35 PM
UPDATE:</P>
<H6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline">
<DIV class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft='{"type":2}'><FONT color=#3b5998 size=3>In Reese We Trust</FONT> (http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Reese-We-Trust/204765974855)</DIV></H6>
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'><FONT size=3>?</FONT><FONT color=#3b5998 size=3>David Baas</FONT> (http://www.facebook.com/pages/David-Baas/108557815835139)<FONT size=3>' season might be in doubt. #nyg #giants #nygiants</FONT></SPAN></H6>

TuckYou
12-07-2011, 03:37 PM

</P>

Why dont you guys read what I said? </P>

I said the signing could be a bust. I hope for his full recovery. </P>
<H6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline">
<DIV class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft='{"type":2}'><FONT color=#3b5998 size=3>In Reese We Trust</FONT> (http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Reese-We-Trust/204765974855)</DIV></H6>
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'><FONT size=3>?</FONT><FONT color=#3b5998 size=3>David Baas</FONT> (http://www.facebook.com/pages/David-Baas/108557815835139)<FONT size=3>' season might be in doubt. #nyg #giants #nygiants</FONT></SPAN></H6>

RoanokeFan
12-07-2011, 04:17 PM
We'll keep David in our thoughts and prayers, hoping for a positive outcome

juice33s
12-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Whatever keeps Petrus in the lineup is a good thing. He has too much strength and too much tenacity not to be a success. If everyone played as hard as that guy we'd probably be undefeated.....Mark my words, Mitch Petrus will be a Giant staple for the next decade

juice33s
12-07-2011, 04:29 PM
sounds like hes got a concussion. Seriously.

Anyway its beside the point because he's a garbage football player and I'm actually getting sick of these<font size="5"> free agency JR signs</font> that I've never heard of.

First I'm told Rocky Bernard is a beast

Now this?
Haven't been here in awhile, but where are all the Canty supporters? Are they ready to admit he's one of the most over paid players in the NFL and we could get the same production from a 7th round pick?

nygsb42champs
12-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Lets hope it is not a serious medical condition.

plc
12-07-2011, 05:00 PM
I too hope David is ok.And I will keep him in my prayers.I have mentioned this a couple of times on these boards.How is Seubert???Has he recovered from knee cap injury?? just a thought.

Redeyejedi
12-07-2011, 07:07 PM

Agreed. A game vs someones life/health there is no comparison, Could possibly be neurological issue.Id kind of feel like a jerk from ripping this signing from jump street if he has something wrong with him

Redeyejedi
12-07-2011, 07:09 PM
sounds like hes got a concussion. Seriously. Anyway its beside the point because he's a garbage football player and I'm actually getting sick of these<FONT size=5> free agency JR signs</FONT> that I've never heard of. First I'm told Rocky Bernard is a beast Now this?
Haven't been here in awhile, but where are all the Canty supporters? Are they ready to admit he's one of the most over paid players in the NFL and we could get the same production from a 7th round pick?
All of Reese free agent signings have been crap.There all way over paid

jomo
12-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Does anyone care? .........a pretty weak signing by JR in the final analysis.

chizz
12-07-2011, 07:21 PM
If the giants were to release him would they have to pay him his whole contract?

JMFP2
12-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Until we know what's wrong with the guy, we can't really evaluate his first season with Giants.

I had him down as a bust, but this news puts everything on hold as far as I'm concerned.

TuckYou
12-07-2011, 07:27 PM
sounds like hes got a concussion. Seriously. Anyway its beside the point because he's a garbage football player and I'm actually getting sick of these<FONT size=5> free agency JR signs</FONT> that I've never heard of. First I'm told Rocky Bernard is a beast Now this?
All of Reese free agent signings have been crap.There all way over paid</P>

Its why every year we are over the cap and need to trim fat. </P>

Salary control isnt Reeses strong point.</P>

</P>

jomo
12-07-2011, 07:52 PM
All of Reese free agent signings have been crap.There all way over paid</P>

Its why every year we are over the cap and need to trim fat. </P>

Salary control isnt Reeses strong point.</P>

</P>JR has been pretty solid in the draft but his FA signings have be poor.

Big Blue 418
12-07-2011, 07:57 PM
I hope its not a tumor etccc...... I am not going to make fun of his play right now . Something aint right if headachs are keeping him out

jomo
12-07-2011, 08:03 PM

Fair enough Rosey, let's wait and see.