PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one wanting Steve Smith back?

mattajw
03-15-2012, 11:05 AM
This would be a great signing. We have room to fit him on roster for sure.

miked1958
03-15-2012, 11:10 AM
</P>

he burned his bridge. or as some say. he made his bed now he has to sleep in it. We did offer Plax a contract after poss costing us a SB trip in 08. SO its not out of the question.</P>

However they are bringing in Olgetree from Dallas today. I guess that right there says they have no interest in bring SS12 back. </P>

Shockey also wants to return but i think he burned his bridge with Reese as well.</P>

mattajw
03-15-2012, 11:16 AM
Needless to say, Steve Smith made a huge mistake going to philly last year.

C1010
03-15-2012, 11:19 AM
No your not the only one. I want him back, I think he would be a great #3 receiver for us.

miked1958
03-15-2012, 11:20 AM
just like SS...Tiki and Shockey wanted to come back as well. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

burier
03-15-2012, 11:21 AM
you're not the only one but you're misguided all the same.

Steve Smith is a slot reciever.

If Rio's gone we need a deep threat to replace him.

Part of this is due to a misconception that Cruz is a deep threat but as I type I'm struggling to recall a play where he caught a ball over his shoulder on the deep sideline.

What we really want is a big target with top end speed to complete our trio,

CDN_G-FAN
03-15-2012, 11:21 AM
alot of fans have decided that Smith burned his bridge. We'll see if that's true or not this offseason.</P>

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.</P>

</P>

What i do know is we don't have a possession WR, and we were fortunate that didn't hamper us last year.</P>

i love what Cruz and Nicks bring to the table, but very sure hands is not something either of them have.</P>

lost in the great stats and catches last year was alot, ALOT, of dropped passes.</P>

burier
03-15-2012, 11:26 AM
alot of fans have decided that Smith burned his bridge.* We'll see if that's true or not this offseason.</P>

*</P>

What i do know is we don't have a possession WR, and we were fortunate that didn't hamper us last year.</P>

i love what Cruz and Nicks bring to the table, but very sure hands is not something either of them have.</P>

lost in the great stats and catches last year was alot, ALOT, of dropped passes.</P>

Lets not sell Cruz short. Hasn't shown the surest hands in the world but high end YAC recievers never do.

That said if you look at the conference championship game Cruz was the definition of a possession reciever. Got open time and again and made key short to intermediate receptions.

I'd think he'd improve in that area next season.

giantsfan420
03-15-2012, 11:35 AM

Part of this is due to a misconception that Cruz is a deep threat but as I type I'm struggling to recall a play where he caught a ball over his shoulder on the deep sideline.

LMFAO HE DID THAT REPEATEDLY. In the SF NFC Champ. Game he caught a ball over his shoudler down the sidelines, as he did vs the Jets, vs the Seahawks TWICE, vs the Cowboys...he caught prob more deep sideline passes than MM lol.

and OP, your not the only one. The Giants Owners, Jerry Reese, Steve Smith all want Smith to be a Giant again.

Adam Shefter reported he'd be a Giant this offseason. Steve Smiths agent said Smith would be a Giant this offseason.

If he's healthy, he's going to be here. The people guaranteeing he wont be back are as ridiculous as the claim that Cruz didn't catch a pass over his shoulder down the sideline, lmfao.

edit- you do realize burier the Cruz effectively replaced MM on that slot wheel route right? the route he scored his first TD vs Philly this season...thats a main staple of our offense and we ran that too many times to remember each occurrence

Zaggs
03-15-2012, 11:39 AM

You're one of the few. I could handle it if he had simply left. But he left and basically lied about it. If I remember right it was that the Giants never offered anything. Only then they did offer something but Smith didn't feel like he had a responsibility to get back with them. So yeah, let him rot in Philly.

CDN_G-FAN
03-15-2012, 11:40 AM
alot of fans have decided that Smith burned his bridge. We'll see if that's true or not this offseason.</P>

</P>

Lets not sell Cruz short. Hasn't shown the surest hands in the world but high end YAC recievers never do. That said if you look at the conference championship game Cruz was the definition of a possession reciever. Got open time and again and made key short to intermediate receptions. I'd think he'd improve in that area next season.</P>

i'm not selling Cruz short, he might improve, he might not.</P>

frankly, i don't care if he does or not. he brings enough other stuff to the table that he doesn't have to be a possession type receiver.</P>

and after seeing the WR monster contracts, we're gonna find ourselves in a situation where we're going to have to choose between Nicks and Cruz. Mark my words.</P>

so a cheap option at WR that fills a need wouldn't be a bad thing. smith knows our offense, has great onfield chemistry with our QB, and doesn't have to be the guy to beat his man deep while nicks and Cruz are here.</P>

if our FO doesn't hate him, i think he'd be a great addition.</P>

I suspect (no evidence to prove the same) that the comments coming from owners and the FO was mostly PR to explain why we didn't sign smith.</P>

people forget that while smith wanted to get paid bigtime when he was here, he never held out or did any of the shananigans WRs usually do after catching 90 balls for over 1,200 yards while getting about $750k in salary.</P>

burier
03-15-2012, 12:00 PM

LMFAO HE DID THAT REPEATEDLY. In the SF NFC Champ. Game he caught a ball over his shoudler down the sidelines, as he did vs the Jets, vs the Seahawks TWICE, vs the Cowboys...he caught prob more deep sideline passes than MM lol.

and OP, your not the only one. The Giants Owners, Jerry Reese, Steve Smith all want Smith to be a Giant again.

Adam Shefter reported he'd be a Giant this offseason. Steve Smiths agent said Smith would be a Giant this offseason.

If he's healthy, he's going to be here. The people guaranteeing he wont be back are as ridiculous as the claim that Cruz didn't catch a pass over his shoulder down the sideline, lmfao.

edit- you do realize burier the Cruz effectively replaced MM on that slot wheel route right? the route he scored his first TD vs Philly this season...thats a main staple of our offense and we ran that too many times to remember each occurrence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_5zpBaJ9V8

420 I don't like being laughed at.

Edit: In case you don't have time to watch the whole 9 minute video of Cruz highlights. There are exactly two balls caught over the shoulder on the deep sideline. Both from the Jets preseason game in 2010.

There could be some plays not included in the Video (No playoff games)...but...I feel like the point is made.

RoanokeFan
03-15-2012, 12:05 PM

No, there are three of you [;)]

NWKEffectElement
03-15-2012, 12:12 PM
His agent says he WILL be a Giants so Reese has no choice but to take him back.

DEgiants89
03-15-2012, 12:32 PM
nahhh I rather groom what we have, alot of young talent. Or draft...we don't know the condition of Steve either way.

DEgiants89
03-15-2012, 12:32 PM
nahhh I rather groom what we have, alot of young talent. Or draft...we don't know the condition of Steve either way.

SweetZombieJesus
03-15-2012, 12:39 PM

Seattle comes to mind, he volleyballed a pass to himself.

Roosevelt
03-15-2012, 12:41 PM
alot of fans have decided that Smith burned his bridge. We'll see if that's true or not this offseason.</p>

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.</p>

</p>

What i do know is we don't have a possession WR, and we were fortunate that didn't hamper us last year.</p>

i love what Cruz and Nicks bring to the table, but very sure hands is not something either of them have.</p>

lost in the great stats and catches last year was alot, ALOT, of dropped passes.</p>

Steve dropped a lot of passes too. I wasn't a big fan of his.

TroyArcher
03-15-2012, 01:16 PM
We need a speed guy to replace Manningham. We have maybe the best slot WR in the NFL, don't need another one.

burier
03-15-2012, 01:18 PM

Seattle comes to mind, he volleyballed a pass to himself.

yeah that was a great play but not what I'm talking about.

I talking a play like Mario's play in the Superbowl.

Morehead State
03-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Needless to say, Steve Smith made a huge mistake going to philly last year.
</P>

Steve Smith made the exactly right decision last season.</P>

he had a choice to take $1MM to stay on a roster of a team that told him he would go on the PUP list, or take $4MM to play for a team that told him he would start week 1. I don't get the hate for a guy who believed he could still play and went to a team that agreed with him.</P>

I don't get this SS hate. Quite honestly, the kid's career may be over because of the seriousness of his knee injury. He did what was right for himself and his family.</P>

And trust me, the reward for his loyalty if he stayed with the Giants, would have been to get cut this off season because his knee is so bad.</P>

nygsb42champs
03-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Yes you are. He burned his bridges here by the way he bolted to the Eagles.

nhpgiantsfan
03-15-2012, 01:45 PM
I absolutely can not wait until Steve Smith is signed to another team, so these threads can finally be put out to pasture. We Don't need Steve Smith one bit.... He had one good year catching short passes for first downs. He had little to no YAC. He is an average player with injury issues.

What happened with out Steve Smith?

1. Our new slot receiver set a Giants record for receiving yardage and had tremendous YAC.

2. Our QB who people were killing before the season, had by far his best year and is now considered one of the best in the league.

3. Oh yeah, www on the SB!!!

NWKEffectElement
03-15-2012, 02:02 PM
I absolutely can not wait until Steve Smith is signed to another team, so these threads can finally be put out to pasture. We Don't need Steve Smith one bit.... He had one good year catching short passes for first downs. He had little to no YAC. He is an average player with injury issues.

What happened with out Steve Smith?

1. Our new slot receiver set a Giants record for receiving yardage and had tremendous YAC.

2. Our QB who people were killing before the season, had by far his best year and is now considered one of the best in the league.

3. Oh yeah, www on the SB!!!

+1

BigBlue1971
03-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Steve Smith did make a mistake when he bolted to the egirls last year; however, depending on health and money i wouldnt mind him coming back here!</P>

from 07-10 Smith was a favorite of Elis and made a lot of big catches for the Giants.</P>

i think we could get him for the bare minimum and if hes healthy thatsa goodcase to bring him back!</P>

RoanokeFan
03-15-2012, 02:32 PM
I've not seen any reports of any of the teams showing an interest in SS.

JMGGIANTS
03-15-2012, 02:44 PM
I don't see how that could be a great signing considering CAP challenges and that if can remember his name..oh Felix Cruz filled in pretty nicelyfor him. As a matter of fact I think it would be an absolute horrible signing but no need to be concerned because itisn't going to happen.

nhpgiantsfan
03-15-2012, 02:54 PM
you're not the only one but you're misguided all the same. Steve Smith is a slot reciever. If Rio's gone we need a deep threat to replace him. Part of this is due to a misconception that Cruz is a deep threat but as I type I'm struggling to recall a play where he caught a ball over his shoulder on the deep sideline. What we really want is a big target with top end speed to complete our trio, LMFAO HE DID THAT REPEATEDLY. In the SF NFC Champ. Game he caught a ball over his shoudler down the sidelines, as he did vs the Jets, vs the Seahawks TWICE, vs the Cowboys...he caught prob more deep sideline passes than MM lol. and OP, your not the only one. The Giants Owners, Jerry Reese, Steve Smith all want Smith to be a Giant again. Adam Shefter reported he'd be a Giant this offseason. Steve Smiths agent said Smith would be a Giant this offseason. If he's healthy, he's going to be here. The people guaranteeing he wont be back are as ridiculous as the claim that Cruz didn't catch a pass over his shoulder down the sideline, lmfao. edit- you do realize burier the Cruz effectively replaced MM on that slot wheel route right? the route he scored his first TD vs Philly this season...thats a main staple of our offense and we ran that too many times to remember each occurrence</P>

</P>

If I'm not mistaken the Shefter report was in like the middle of the season, long before our playoff run.</P>

And can you please post a line or referance, where you heard Jerry Reese or the owners say that they want Smith back...</P>

NWKEffectElement
03-15-2012, 03:35 PM
you're not the only one but you're misguided all the same. Steve Smith is a slot reciever. If Rio's gone we need a deep threat to replace him. Part of this is due to a misconception that Cruz is a deep threat but as I type I'm struggling to recall a play where he caught a ball over his shoulder on the deep sideline. What we really want is a big target with top end speed to complete our trio, LMFAO HE DID THAT REPEATEDLY. In the SF NFC Champ. Game he caught a ball over his shoudler down the sidelines, as he did vs the Jets, vs the Seahawks TWICE, vs the Cowboys...he caught prob more deep sideline passes than MM lol. and OP, your not the only one. The Giants Owners, Jerry Reese, Steve Smith all want Smith to be a Giant again. Adam Shefter reported he'd be a Giant this offseason. Steve Smiths agent said Smith would be a Giant this offseason. If he's healthy, he's going to be here. The people guaranteeing he wont be back are as ridiculous as the claim that Cruz didn't catch a pass over his shoulder down the sideline, lmfao. edit- you do realize burier the Cruz effectively replaced MM on that slot wheel route right? the route he scored his first TD vs Philly this season...thats a main staple of our offense and we ran that too many times to remember each occurrence</P>

*</P>

If I'm not mistaken the Shefter report was in like the middle of the season, long before our playoff run.</P>

And can you please post a line or referance, where you heard Jerry Reese or the owners say that they want Smith back...</P>

Smith's agent said it will happen, forget what the Giants FO says.

Edit/PS: I'm still waiting for the link with the article stating that Reese and the owners want him to be a Giant again.

nhpgiantsfan
03-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Who cares what his agent says? And where is the link for it?

TheBookOfEli
03-15-2012, 03:58 PM
I would love to have him back. Is he fully healthy though?

I have long forgiving him for going to Philly last year.

mattajw
03-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Well looks like this won't happen. He is visiting Rams today.

nhpgiantsfan
03-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Good! I hope he signs with them.

giantsfan420
03-15-2012, 04:32 PM
burier

he's made thse kinds of catches REPEATEDLY. if you dont like being laughed at don't make ridiculously funny comments. off the top of my head, vs the Jets he caught one down the sideline and got popped, jumped up and did a finger roll the football celebration. had one vs SF in the NFC Champ game. He had one VS NE in the reg season. He has them more than MM...so...LOL

giantsfan420
03-15-2012, 04:34 PM

*</P>

Edit/PS: I'm still waiting for the link with the article stating that Reese and the owners want him to be a Giant again.

both the owners and jerry reese said after the whole philly signing that they had wanted smith to be a giant and regretted what happened and how they didn't get a chance to offer him the same contract Philly offered.

jomo
03-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Needless to say, Steve Smith made a huge mistake going to philly last year.*
</P>

Steve Smith made the exactly right decision last season.</P>

he had a choice to take $1MM to stay on a roster of a team that told him he would go on the PUP list, or take $4MM to play for a team that told him he would start week 1.* I don't get the hate for a guy who believed he could still play and went to a team that agreed with him.</P>

I don't get this SS hate.* Quite honestly, the kid's career may be over because of the seriousness of his knee injury.* He did what was right for himself and his family.</P>

And trust me, the reward for his loyalty if he stayed with the Giants, would have been to get cut this off season because his knee is so bad.</P>Those are the plain and simple truths. Smith made the right decision for his family last year. We made the right decision for the Giants. The Eagles burned a bunch of cash in an attempt to show us up. lol

burier
03-15-2012, 04:46 PM
burier

he's made thse kinds of catches REPEATEDLY. if you dont like being laughed at don't make ridiculously funny comments. off the top of my head, vs the Jets he caught one down the sideline and got popped, jumped up and did a finger roll the football celebration. had one vs SF in the NFC Champ game. He had one VS NE in the reg season. He has them more than MM...so...LOL

You're repeating the same nonsense but I'm the one who presented evidence to back up my case...but I'm making ridiculous comments??

LOL... I thought you were better than that. But apparently when you get into homer mode no one is safe.

Post a link to these plays you speak of or keep it moving.

Gmen2005
03-15-2012, 05:04 PM
He's working out in St. Louis.

RoanokeFan
03-15-2012, 05:05 PM

He'd be a good fit there.

Gmen2005
03-15-2012, 05:08 PM

Agreed, good safety blanket for Bradford. He definitely needs some help at WR.

RoanokeFan
03-15-2012, 05:12 PM

Agreed, good safety blanket for Bradford. He definitely needs some help at WR.

Could be a win-win

NWKEffectElement
03-15-2012, 05:16 PM

*</P>

both the owners and jerry reese said after the whole philly signing that they had wanted smith to be a giant and regretted what happened and how they didn't get a chance to offer him the same contract Philly offered.

They want to resign him before he left for the Eagles. We know that. What I was hoping to see was a link stating that they still wanted him afterwards. Something post opening day of this past season.

B-Red22
03-15-2012, 05:55 PM
This would be a great signing.** We have room to fit him on roster for sure.*

YES, he is a piece of s*** for what he did, y would u want him back

jomo
03-15-2012, 06:03 PM
YES, he is a piece of s*** for what he did, y would u want him backOuch! What he did was look out for his family. Piece of "stuff" is a wee bit strong I'd say. Fact is, the guy's knee was busted up bad with some evidence he may never play (or cash a paycheck) again. He earned more last year than in his first 4 years with the Giants. I can't kill him for that especially knowing that it may well be his last pay day in this league.

giantsfan420
03-15-2012, 06:08 PM
burier

You're repeating the same nonsense but I'm the one who presented evidence to back up my case...but I'm making ridiculous comments??

LOL... I thought you were better than that. But apparently when you get into homer mode no one is safe.

you posted a link to a video that doesn't show him making that catch is evidence? does that link have ALL of his catches? I'm tellilng you off the top of my memory for fact, i'd bet 1000 dollars, that vs NYJ, he had a deep sideline catch over his shoulder, got popped, rolled up jumped up in the air and did a finger roll celebaration, he had 2 vs Seattle, he had 1 vs NE reg season, had 1 in the NFC Champ game, thats just off the top of my head.

MM used to get those catches on the inside release wheel route, which Cruz now runs.

Those plays I listed are 100% fact and like I said, I'm willing to wager 1000 dollars the ones I listed are definite and that there's plenty more. He had more than MM had. I could post a link w/o MM having any of those catches, does that mean he didnt?

Go ahead and look at those games yourself. I'm not going to go searching for links bc your dead wrong. lol. i didn't expect better from you tho so its ok...homer mode? bc i am listing plays that happened?? ooooooooook.

the one vs Seattle the jump ball one handed td catch, and then another one where eli scrambled outside the pocket and threw it to cruz down the sideline, who caught it kinda low.

NFC Champ game, deep down sideline, he got turned around and caught it in front of Rogers.

Heck another one off the top of my head, vs Philly at home for a TD when he got behind Namdi deep down the sidelines and Eli threw it inside.

I mean come on, your really saing Cruz doesnt make catches deep down the sideline???lol, really?!?!

edit-those are just off the top of my head...I'm sure he had plenty of em, and prob more than MM.

edit- another one off the top of my head, vs SF regular season almost exactly like the MM SB one although the coverage wasn't as tight.

burier
03-15-2012, 11:51 PM
burier

you posted a link to a video that doesn't show him making that catch is evidence? does that link have ALL of his catches? I'm tellilng you off the top of my memory for fact, i'd bet 1000 dollars, that vs NYJ, he had a deep sideline catch over his shoulder, got popped, rolled up jumped up in the air and did a finger roll celebaration, he had 2 vs Seattle, he had 1 vs NE reg season, had 1 in the NFC Champ game, thats just off the top of my head.

MM used to get those catches on the inside release wheel route, which Cruz now runs.

Those plays I listed are 100% fact and like I said, I'm willing to wager 1000 dollars the ones I listed are definite and that there's plenty more. He had more than MM had. I could post a link w/o MM having any of those catches, does that mean he didnt?

Go ahead and look at those games yourself. I'm not going to go searching for links bc your dead wrong. lol. i didn't expect better from you tho so its ok...homer mode? bc i am listing plays that happened?? ooooooooook.

the one vs Seattle the jump ball one handed td catch, and then another one where eli scrambled outside the pocket and threw it to cruz down the sideline, who caught it kinda low.

NFC Champ game, deep down sideline, he got turned around and caught it in front of Rogers.

Heck another one off the top of my head, vs Philly at home for a TD when he got behind Namdi deep down the sidelines and Eli threw it inside.

I mean come on, your really saing Cruz doesnt make catches deep down the sideline???lol, really?!?!

edit-those are just off the top of my head...I'm sure he had plenty of em, and prob more than MM.

edit- another one off the top of my head, vs SF regular season almost exactly like the MM SB one although the coverage wasn't as tight.

Ok so people here resent me because I know what Im talking about and Im very very cool with that fact.

I simply stated that off the top of my head I couldn't remember a...

DEEP SIDELINE CATCH OVER THE SHOULDER TO EXECUTED BY CRUZ! (we can all post in caps...it makes the point no more or less cogent.)

See how I'm specific?

You said I was wrong so I quickly looked up a video that was created by who is obviously a BIG Cruz fan and for some reason this guy ommitted all of the catches you speak of. I posted as evidence supporting my point that Cruz is better suited as a SLOT reciever thus negating any need for Steve Smith.

EVIDENCE..not proof. There is a difference and I'll explain that difference if you'd like.

I don't cherry pick, I post as is. I never state the video shows every play Cruz made. Infact I explicitly state that it DOES NOT. (you see that leaves room for you post your own evidence to contradict my point. You choose not too because YOU CAN'T is my best guess.)

But it is still good evidence because if Cruz was "REPEATEDLY" making CATCHES OVER HIS SHOULDER DEEP DOWN THE SIDELINE it makes sense that EVEN ONE of those catches would be included in a NINE MINTUE HIGHLIGHT REEL.

I simply challenge you to back up your claim that my position is "ridiculous".

Your memory like all of ours if falliable. You're $1000 would feel nice in my pocket but we both know you'd never make good on such a bet and more importantly I don't need to bet money since I'd gladly admit to being incorrect If you could just prove your point. But you refuse to.

To simplify. I'm not saying you're wrong. The plays you mention might exist but I don't remember them.

The Volley Ball play in Seattle is in the video and is not the type of play I'm referring to.

The two big plays in the first game against Philly are in the video and those are not the type of play I'm talking about either. (Id also mention that the first big play in the first game against Philly was from the slot position which is my point. Cruz=slot reciever. It was a big play but he caught that ball about ten yards from the line of scrimmage and it wasn't over his shoulder. NOT THE TYPE OF PLAY IM REFERRING TO )

The play IN philly that you refer to is not the type of play I described either. (Also in the video) You either are playing dumb or you struggle to read with comprehension.

I think I was pretty clear about the play I'm looking for.

You want to make a bet but you don't want to bring the goods. So what, will I owe you 1000 based on whats going on in your warped Homerfied mind??

I bet you 1000 dollars my ex wife is a 10 but Im not gonna post a pic of her but I'm tellin you off the top of my head she is really hot....PAY UP!!!

Im gonna be blunt here and say save the BS for Gumby or Krunch. It appears the Burier is a bit out of your league.

JJC7301
03-15-2012, 11:56 PM
Plenty of us would love him back including me, as long as the NYG doctors say he's OK.

He'd totally fit the MO of some of our FA signings this year -- 1 year contract to prove that he's still got it.

giantsfan420
03-15-2012, 11:59 PM
burier

Ok so people here resent me because I know what Im talking about and Im very very cool with that fact.

DEEP SIDELINE CATCH OVER THE SHOULDER TO EXECUTED BY CRUZ! (we can all post in caps...it makes the point no more or less cogent.)

See how I'm specific?

You said I was wrong so I quickly looked up a video that was created by who is obviously a BIG Cruz fan and for some reason this guy ommitted all of the catches you speak of. I posted as evidence supporting my point that Cruz is better suited as a SLOT reciever thus negating any need for Steve Smith.

EVIDENCE..not proof. There is a difference and I'll explain that difference if you'd like.

I don't cherry pick, I post as is. I never state the video shows every play Cruz made. Infact I explicitly state that it DOES NOT. (you see that leaves room for you post your own evidence to contradict my point. You choose not too because YOU CAN'T is my best guess.)

But it is still good evidence because if Cruz was "REPEATEDLY" making CATCHES OVER HIS SHOULDER DEEP DOWN THE SIDELINE it makes sense that EVEN ONE of those catches would be included in a NINE MINTUE HIGHLIGHT REEL.

Your memory like all of ours if falliable. You're $1000 would feel nice in my pocket but we both know you'd never make good on such a bet and more importantly I don't need to bet money since I'd gladly admit to being incorrect If you could just prove your point. But you refuse to.

To simplify. I'm not saying you're wrong. The plays you mention might exist but I don't remember them.

The Volley Ball play in Seattle is in the video and is not the type of play I'm referring to.

The two big plays in the first game against Philly are in the video and those are not the type of play I'm talking about either. (Id also mention that the first big play in the first game against Philly was from the slot position which is my point. Cruz=slot reciever. It was a big play but he caught that ball about ten yards from the line of scrimmage and it wasn't over his shoulder. NOT THE TYPE OF PLAY IM REFERRING TO )

The play IN philly that you refer to is not the type of play I described either. (Also in the video) You either are playing dumb or you struggle to read with comprehension.

You want to make a bet but you don't want to bring the goods. So what, will I owe you 1000 based on whats going on in your warped Homerfied mind??

I bet you 1000 dollars my ex wife is a 10 but Im not gonna post a pic of her but I'm tellin you off the top of my head she is really hot....PAY UP!!!

Im gonna be blunt here and say save the BS for Gumby or Krunch. It appears the Burier is a bit out of your league.

do u not know what "vs philly AT HOME means" and I capitalize words that make my point obvious bc you over look it.

dude, i seen in like 3 other posts where you start something stupid, get called out, and then whine like a baby.

you said, "i cant remember cruz making any catches down the sideline over the shoulder"

and I went, "lol. I can remember like 5 off the top of my head" and listed them.

then you called me a homer, told me you expected more from me, and claimed a clip you saw on youtube proves I am wrong.

then you just added "i can see why people get on my case bc I know more than them" or some bs...

ready, for the last time, CRUZ HAS MADE SEVERAL CATCHES DOWN THE SIDELINE OVER HIS SHOULDER"...there I even capitalized it for you. Ok the one in seattle you don't consider, fine, there was still another play late in the game where Eli scrambled to his right, Cruz broke down the sideline, Eli lofted up a pass to him, Cruz caught it and ran for a lil before getting hit out of bounds.

if YOU can't remember something, if somebody explains what you can't remember, you might not want to engage in a battle of the words, bc you seemingly lose those non stop.

and even further, you made an asenine comment that Cruz couldn't replace MM bc he can't make catches down the sideline, another invalid statement. Just get over it, no need to keep dragging this out. Cruz makes several sideline catches "over his shoulder" which is an odd preface anyways and I still complied with it.

lmfao, burier, the only reason your out of my league is bc I'm not a two bit moron who makes ridiculous claims and then when proven wrong, resort to even lamer "taunts"...trust me, absolutely NO ONE is going to care that you don't want to converse with them, truth is, you'd be doing them and me a favor. PEACE

giantsfan420
03-16-2012, 12:04 AM
and burier, i'll absolutely make a bet right now 1000 dollars that cruz had at least 5 receptions down the sideline over his shoulder. if you want to accept it, we could arrange it. do you want to accept the bet, yes or no?

cruz has way more than 5 of them, but lets just leave it at that number because you claimed he didnt have any. you referred to a youtube clip and "since he's a big fan" and didn't post any, you said he didn't make any, so 1 should be the number for the bet but I'll agree to 5...make the bet...we'll figure out the money situation after you accept.

giantsfan420
03-16-2012, 12:10 AM

buriers next post-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_5zpBaJ9V8

420 I don't like being laughed at.

Edit: In case you don't have time to watch the whole 9 minute video of Cruz highlights. There are exactly two balls caught over the shoulder on the deep sideline. Both from the Jets preseason game in 2010.

There could be some plays not included in the Video (No playoff games)...but...I feel like the point is made.

my next post-
burier

buriers next 1-You're repeating the same nonsense but I'm the one who presented evidence to back up my case...but I'm making ridiculous comments??

and then page 3 I addressed you and YOU made more of your bs lame *** taunts, lmfao.

funny how you even started your original post mocking someoene else.

your a full out joke.

burier
03-16-2012, 10:08 AM
burier

See how I'm specific?

do u not know what "vs philly AT HOME means" and I capitalize words that make my point obvious bc you over look it.

dude, i seen in like 3 other posts where you start something stupid, get called out, and then whine like a baby.

you said, "i cant remember cruz making any catches down the sideline over the shoulder"

and I went, "lol. I can remember like 5 off the top of my head" and listed them.

then you called me a homer, told me you expected more from me, and claimed a clip you saw on youtube proves I am wrong.

then you just added "i can see why people get on my case bc I know more than them" or some bs...

ready, for the last time, CRUZ HAS MADE SEVERAL CATCHES DOWN THE SIDELINE OVER HIS SHOULDER"...there I even capitalized it for you. Ok the one in seattle you don't consider, fine, there was still another play late in the game where Eli scrambled to his right, Cruz broke down the sideline, Eli lofted up a pass to him, Cruz caught it and ran for a lil before getting hit out of bounds.

if YOU can't remember something, if somebody explains what you can't remember, you might not want to engage in a battle of the words, bc you seemingly lose those non stop.

and even further, you made an asenine comment that Cruz couldn't replace MM bc he can't make catches down the sideline, another invalid statement. Just get over it, no need to keep dragging this out. Cruz makes several sideline catches "over his shoulder" which is an odd preface anyways and I still complied with it.

lmfao, burier, the only reason your out of my league is bc I'm not a two bit moron who makes ridiculous claims and then when proven wrong, resort to even lamer "taunts"...trust me, absolutely NO ONE is going to care that you don't want to converse with them, truth is, you'd be doing them and me a favor. PEACE

(Lol please dude. Ok thanks you've actually got me laughing so hard it has become difficult to type. You are very very very dense.

Whew!...that was good. Nothing like a good belly laugh. Thanks for that....Ok. Let me respond ;)

I lose non-stop??? Unless we're talking about Eli...in which case it's "Good post Burier".

Oh wait you never said that right?

Wanna bet $1000?

(I should stop now because I'm starting to feel like a bully. But for some reason I can't resist)

Using words like asinine is fun but there needs to be a basis or you 420 appear asinine.

My point was that Victor Cruz is best suited in the Slot. Considering that is where he played primarily and the success he's had at that position I'd hardly call the idea that he should stay there asinine. Then again...I'm not completely convinced you're clear on the definition of the word asinine so out of sportmanship I'll let that slide.

I'm realizing your ability to read leaves much to be desired I'll try to explain. I never said that Cruz COULDN'T make a catch over his shoulder deep down the sideline. I said I couldn't REMEMBER him doing it. Since I've watched every game this season I'm gonna say that something that happened REPEATEDLY would stick.

Do you understand the difference between "can't" and "hasn't on a regular basis"?

And to be clear you haven't proven me wrong. Actually if you could PROVE me wrong we'd have nothing to talk about. I'd say.."Im sorry. I was wrong" and that would be that. But you refuse to prove me wrong because you can't

Now I'm wondering if you know the definition of the word prove.

You can ramble all you want. Bottom line is you can't back up your claim and its quite obvious. You can't call someone out based on your wet dreams about Steve Smith and the type of plays Victor Cruz made.

And since this whole thing has gone well over your head I'll take it back to the begining.

I said I don't like being laughed at facetiously because you dropped your LOL and it took me all of 6 seconds to cram it back in your face with a 9 minute highlight reel of Cruz making all sorts of crazy big time plays but not one of the plays fits the description.

In actuallity I couldn't possibly care less about what you do.

You can call me a moron but our interactions contradict you. Just like the video I posted contradicts you.

But I'm repeating myself at this point. Its like trying to explain something to the Rainman without the cardcounting skills.

I'll write your reply for you to save some time.

420: I bet A MILLION DOLLARS that off the top of my head plays happened. I can't prove they happened but THEY HAPPENED I SWEAR!

And now since your ego is a bit bruised you don't want to "Drag" this out any further. Typical.

giantsfan420
03-16-2012, 10:33 AM
how has this turned into anything besides you saying "cruz hasnt made any catches down the sideline over his shoulder" and I list several times he has.

and in that clip one of the posters made about our playoff and superbowl run which is here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0hL3GfW_PU&feature=related
he had a one of the catches i described perfectly vs the Jets at like 3 min mark, catches it down the sideline over his shoulder gets hit out of bounds he pops up and does his finger roll celebration.
Later against SF in the NFC CG, again as I mentioned, he makes another one in front of Carlos Rogers.

This whole convo has gotten the farthest away from your original statement bc your wrong about the statement you made. After I described several of the catches you couldnt remember, you seemed to "challenge me" by calling me a homer and making things up, simply because you watched a clip on youtube. lol. dude ur pathetic. all this bc i simply reminded you of something you forgot.

and do you think your comments are anything besides evidence of how lame you are? you do this bit so often. you make a stupid claim, some one points out ur stupid claim and proves it to be wrong, and then you write **** like ur last post and act like ur correct. your the only person i know of who feels smarter after being proved wrong. and about the 1000 dollars, you just seem like one of those "special" people so I was honestly hoping you would take the bet.

there's no need to drag anything out, I know your response is going to be another page of ANYTHING but focusing on how Cruz actually does make those catches time and time again, and how I simply pointed out some instances off the top of my head he did. such a lame ***, you ever wonder why your always involved in threads with people and only with you it gets to these levels? another two threads the same thing happened, you mocked some one, they showed how lame you are, then you whine and then make post after post about how your really right...lol its a joke, and ur the punchline

burier
03-16-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm not gonna read you're whole thing. Frankly I don't think my stomach can take much more of your gutbusting responses.

I'll just say that you posted that he made catches and you listed these plays. That's not proof. You listed them and they don't ring a bell...so just show them too me. And considering all of the plays you listed that I do remember aren't actually deep sideline over the shoulder catches The Seattle catch, the Philly catches...I suspect that the other catches you claim to think of off the top of you head may have happened but don't actually fit my criteria. So I'd like to see them. That's all.

You don't want to drag it out..just post the video. Took me 6 seconds to find the one I posted. A hell of alot less time than it must have taken you to write your responses to me so...

They don't play the games in a secret dungeon. If it happened its on tape...so just show it to me and I'll say "Thanks 420. I forgot those plays. I appreciate you setting me straight."

Or just keep it movin.

giantsfan420
03-16-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm not gonna read you're whole thing. Frankly I don't think my stomach can take much more of your gutbusting responses.

I'll just say that you posted that he made catches and you listed these plays. That's not proof. You listed them and they don't ring a bell...so just show them too me. And considering all of the plays you listed that I do remember aren't actually deep sideline over the shoulder catches The Seattle catch, the Philly catches...I suspect that the other catches you claim to think of off the top of you head may have happened but don't actually fit my criteria. So I'd like to see them. That's all.

You don't want to drag it out..just post the video. Took me 6 seconds to find the one I posted. A hell of alot less time than it must have taken you to write your responses to me so...

They don't play the games in a secret dungeon. If it happened its on tape...so just show it to me and I'll say "Thanks 420. I forgot those plays. I appreciate you setting me straight."

Or just keep it movin.

i said the philly td catch from cruz AT HOME and u described the philly catches AWAY.

here's a link with two of them one from the jets game and one from the NFC CG

ones at the 3 min mark, the others at like the 30 min mark.

and this'll be the last time i respond to you. it isnt everyone else, its you.

burier
03-16-2012, 11:20 AM

Or just keep it movin.

i said the philly td catch from cruz AT HOME and u described the philly catches AWAY.

here's a link with two of them one from the jets game and one from the NFC CG

ones at the 3 min mark, the others at like the 30 min mark.

and this'll be the last time i respond to you. it isnt everyone else, its you.

Who this everyone else you speak of? Are you insane?

the 3 minute mark is the 99 yard reception against the Jets....Not what I'm talking about.

and theres nothing even close at the 30 minute mark.

So...Thanks for wasting my time.

giantsfan420
03-16-2012, 11:23 AM
i have to list the exact min and second for ur dumb ***?
its the jets game highlight around the 3 min mark, and the sf game highlight around the 30 min mark u moron.

its always everyone else who is a moron oh forget it your just a joke. friggin hilarious.

giantsfan420
03-16-2012, 11:28 AM
its the jets game highlight around the 3 min mark, and the sf game highlight around the 30 min mark u moron.

its always everyone else who is a moron oh forget it your just a joke. friggin hilarious.
lmfao. 3:43 into it. 43 seconds more...ur just a friggin tool

burier
03-16-2012, 11:36 AM

lmfao. 3:43 into it. 43 seconds more...ur just a friggin tool

Ok definately forgot about that play against the jets. So there's one.

And yea. in a 44 minute video the exact time would be helpful you psycho.

Edit: The funny thing is...that link further proves my point. 44 minute video and one sideline overshoulder catch.

DavenIII
03-16-2012, 12:02 PM
I wouldn't mind Steve Smith back...the only thing is he's a slot guy and that's where Victor Cruz plays best...he'd be awesome for us on 4 WR sets though.

the whole him going to philly things is ******ed...there is nothing wrong with a player taking 3(or 4?) million dollars and play time vs being moved to the PUP list and 1 Mil....sorry this is his career he needs to do whats best for him and his family first.

Morehead State
03-16-2012, 12:33 PM
i have to list the exact min and second for ur dumb ***? its the jets game highlight around the 3 min mark, and the sf game highlight around the 30 min mark u moron. its always everyone else who is a moron oh forget it your just a joke. friggin hilarious. lmfao. 3:43 into it. 43 seconds more...ur just a friggin tool Ok definately forgot about that play against the jets. So there's one. And yea. in a 44 minute video the exact time would be helpful you psycho. Edit: The funny thing is...that link further proves my point. 44 minute video and one sideline overshoulder catch.</P>

Its refreshing to see you to calling each other names and not aiming your venim at me for a change.</P>

</P>

Please don't let me interrupt......Continue.</P>

burier
03-16-2012, 12:37 PM
i have to list the exact min and second for ur dumb ***? its the jets game highlight around the 3 min mark, and the sf game highlight around the 30 min mark u moron. its always everyone else who is a moron oh forget it your just a joke. friggin hilarious. lmfao. 3:43 into it. 43 seconds more...ur just a friggin tool Ok definately forgot about that play against the jets. So there's one. And yea. in a 44 minute video the exact time would be helpful you psycho. Edit: The funny thing is...that link further proves my point. 44 minute video and one sideline overshoulder catch.</P>

Its refreshing to see you to calling each other names and not aiming your venim at me for a change.</P>

*</P>

Please don't let me interrupt......Continue.</P>

please you know I never called you a name.

Die-Hard
03-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Guys, stop please. Take it to PM's if you can't discuss things without name calling. Its the only warning I'm going to put out there.

RoanokeFan
03-16-2012, 12:49 PM
i have to list the exact min and second for ur dumb ***? its the jets game highlight around the 3 min mark, and the sf game highlight around the 30 min mark u moron. its always everyone else who is a moron oh forget it your just a joke. friggin hilarious. lmfao. 3:43 into it. 43 seconds more...ur just a friggin tool Ok definately forgot about that play against the jets. So there's one. And yea. in a 44 minute video the exact time would be helpful you psycho. Edit: The funny thing is...that link further proves my point. 44 minute video and one sideline overshoulder catch.</p>

Its refreshing to see you to calling each other names and not aiming your venim at me for a change.</p>

</p>

Please don't let me interrupt......Continue.</p>

LOL Give them time, watch your back [;)]

Giants Of New Jersey
03-16-2012, 12:51 PM
I wouldn't mind Steve Smith back...the only thing is he's a slot guy and that's where Victor Cruz plays best...he'd be awesome for us on 4 WR sets though.

the whole him going to philly things is ******ed...there is nothing wrong with a player taking 3(or 4?) million dollars and play time vs being moved to the PUP list and 1 Mil....sorry this is his career he needs to do whats best for him and his family first.

cruz is better on the outside than in the slot

burier
03-16-2012, 01:23 PM

based on?

RoanokeFan
03-16-2012, 01:35 PM

Cruz is equally good in the slot ii on the outside. He can run the same routes from either assignment. Now we've covered it all lol