PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see what was being said on GB or Dolphins Forums

miked1958
12-07-2011, 12:35 PM
In regard to those close calls.. There has been alot of discussion about the Driver play weather he was out prior to the catch and weather he actually had control of the catch before going out of bounds.</P>

Also the Jennings play compared to the C. Johnson play.... and the big one the Ballard play. </P>

Was wondering since we could of been the ones (AGAIN!!!) that allowed the Dolphins to Pop the Corks on the last team getting their first loss. </P>

Also wanted to see how bias the Packers fans were on those calls. You are a Fan of a team and get close calls to go your way u usually find a way to justify it. Wanted to see if any of them were actually honest and said that they got away with a few of those calls.</P>

I know none of this matters anymore and we have to move on but was just looking for a little satisfaction i guess.</P>

I went to packers.com off giants site on bottom but tooled around and couldnt find where there forums were. not in Fan area or at least i didnt see it.</P>

RagTime Blue
12-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Honestly, I'm about ready to hear Mercury Morris STFU.

If he's dead, I apologize for my insensitive remark.

BlueBlooded1979
12-07-2011, 01:18 PM
In regard to those close calls.. There has been alot of discussion about the Driver play weather he was out prior to the catch and weather he actually had control of the catch before going out of bounds.</P>

Also the Jennings play compared to the C. Johnson play.... and the big one the Ballard play. </P>

Was wondering since we could of been the ones (AGAIN!!!) that allowed the Dolphins to Pop the Corks on the last team getting their first loss. </P>

Also wanted to see how bias the Packers fans were on those calls. You are a Fan of a team and get close calls to go your way u usually find a way to justify it. Wanted to see if any of them were actually honest and said that they got away with a few of those calls.</P>

I know none of this matters anymore and we have to move on but was just looking for a little satisfaction i guess.</P>

I went to packers.com off giants site on bottom but tooled around and couldnt find where there forums were. not in Fan area or at least i didnt see it.</P>

This team can still be the team that saves the 72 Fins legacy (more like egos). They just have to do it in the playoffs

miked1958
12-07-2011, 01:21 PM

This team can still be the team that saves the 72 Fins legacy (more like egos). They just have to do it in the playoffs</P>

I have said that in other threads and got crucified for it. however they can do it if they can get the D to step up and make some stops.</P>

as far as the reason for the thread. I found a few packer forums searching google and for the most part they agreed with the calls. No surprise. I however could not find their Fan message boards on the official site like ours. </P>

They did think even inspite of our 3game losing streak going in that we had the best chance to beat them. </P>

jparmer
12-07-2011, 01:34 PM
My dad is a packers fan. I talked to him Monday about the game. He denies everything. I said what about the Jennings catch? He said "oh he had possession, he definitely did." I said what about ballards catch? He said "oh no, he was out, his knee was on the white line." then he mumbled on about the bumping jaquan was doing to finley. I just let him go, he has a lot less time to enjoy his team than I do. Haha.

But I assume that's how all/most packers fans will react. Complete denial. I did however email my dad the still photo of ballards knee inbounds and just said "looks like he's in to me".

miked1958
12-07-2011, 02:39 PM
My dad is a packers fan. I talked to him Monday about the game. He denies everything. I said what about the Jennings catch? He said "oh he had possession, he definitely did." I said what about ballards catch? He said "oh no, he was out, his knee was on the white line." then he mumbled on about the bumping jaquan was doing to finley. I just let him go, he has a lot less time to enjoy his team than I do. Haha. But I assume that's how all/most packers fans will react. Complete denial. I did however email my dad the still photo of ballards knee inbounds and just said "looks like he's in to me".</P>

LOL. Did he respond to the email???</P>

Also i think that for some reason the League wants the PACK to stay unbeaten. Prob due to ratings. The NFL will get huge Ratings from Packers games as long as they stay undefeated from out of market fans. Most non packer fans will tune into a packers game just to see what all the hypes about and to see if someone can finally beat them. </P>

SO...with that said...I think i heard someone say the league said they blew it on the JENNINGS TD...Link???? also that pick of Ballards knee looks pretty convincing to me. Yes it a bang bang play made in a split second, but that was what the Replay system was put in for (same with the Jennings play) to GET THE CALLS RIGHT!!!!. They reviewed 3 huge plays last sunday and its clear they may have gotten all 3 wrong. the other was the Driver Td where u could not tell if that foot was out at the back of the endzone but some say it looked like he didnt have complete posession of the ball prior to falling out of bounds. </P>

SAD. </P>

Giants needed a win in worst way and GOT ONE but was taken away by Refs that cant even get a call right after reviewing it for 5m</P>

NYfanatic
12-07-2011, 07:38 PM
My dad is a packers fan. I talked to him Monday about the game. He denies everything. I said what about the Jennings catch? He said "oh he had possession, he definitely did." I said what about ballards catch? He said "oh no, he was out, his knee was on the white line." then he mumbled on about the bumping jaquan was doing to finley. I just let him go, he has a lot less time to enjoy his team than I do. Haha. But I assume that's how all/most packers fans will react. Complete denial. I did however email my dad the still photo of ballards knee inbounds and just said "looks like he's in to me".</p>

LOL. Did he respond to the email???</p>

Also i think that for some reason the League wants the PACK to stay unbeaten. Prob due to ratings. The NFL will get huge Ratings from Packers games as long as they stay undefeated from out of market fans. Most non packer fans will tune into a packers game just to see what all the hypes about and to see if someone can finally beat them. </p>

SO...with that said...I think i heard someone say the league said they blew it on the JENNINGS TD...Link???? also that pick of Ballards knee looks pretty convincing to me. Yes it a bang bang play made in a split second, but that was what the Replay system was put in for (same with the Jennings play) to GET THE CALLS RIGHT!!!!. They reviewed 3 huge plays last sunday and its clear they may have gotten all 3 wrong. the other was the Driver Td where u could not tell if that foot was out at the back of the endzone but some say it looked like he didnt have complete posession of the ball prior to falling out of bounds. </p>

SAD. </p>

Giants needed a win in worst way and GOT ONE but was taken away by Refs that cant even get a call right after reviewing it for 5m</p>
Its a sad day when the National Fix League is fixing game purely for money. We need to make the NFL non-profit or somthing to get the call rights 100% of the time.

vinylord
12-07-2011, 08:46 PM
I don't see how having his right knee down helps because his right foot was clearly already in bounds. He needed his LEFT knee to land in bounds - which is what did not occur. It was shown over and over at the time and all agreed his left knee was what made him "out". The real problem is that defenders push receivers out of bounds while in the air. Used to be they'd be ruled in if they were pushed out.

GiantsJersey
12-07-2011, 08:53 PM
I don't see how having his right knee down helps because his right foot was clearly already in bounds. He needed his LEFT knee to land in bounds - which is what did not occur. It was shown over and over at the time and all agreed his left knee was what made him "out". The real problem is that defenders push receivers out of bounds while in the air. Used to be they'd be ruled in if they were pushed out.

cause the rule states its 2 feet, then knee, arm, shin, to be considered down. so him having one knee, which is the right in question, and with the pictures being shown, it shows him being down inside the endzone, which would be considered a touchdown.

Gianthunter
12-07-2011, 08:54 PM
The first step is admiting you have a problem and are powerless over it.

Blue_Cusen
12-07-2011, 09:06 PM

One knee = two feet.

miked1958
12-08-2011, 01:42 AM
Stinks or us

One knee = two feet.