PDA

View Full Version : Would the Giants renegotiate SNEE's contract

bcbud
03-15-2012, 03:53 PM
or is that a slap at TC? If Snee is to make 8 million this year he is way overpaid based on last years work. At that rate I would rather have Nix or even Winston at a lesser price. I think the Snee situation is a delicate one seeing as he is TC son in law

THE_New_York_Giants
03-15-2012, 04:07 PM
or is that a slap at TC? If Snee is to make 8 million this year he is way overpaid based on last years work. At that rate I would rather have Nix or even Winston at a lesser price. I think the Snee situation is a delicate one seeing as he is TC son in law
TC and Snee both know that this is a business though.

TrueBlue@NYC
03-15-2012, 04:16 PM
I dont think JR would have any qualms with asking Snee to work something out on his contract, but I don't think JR wants to make him more expensive IF he is actually declining. </P>

I personally think that his struggles had alot to do with the play around him. You could really see he was trying to overcompensate. </P>

Seducer
03-15-2012, 04:21 PM
I think he was dinged all year. You'd never hear about it but I can recall him leaving a few games for a few plays with what looked like a stinger.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-15-2012, 04:29 PM
I think he was dinged all year.* You'd never hear about it but I can recall him leaving a few games for a few plays with what looked like a stinger.
This. I was surprised he didn't miss any games but the one.

bearbryant
03-15-2012, 04:51 PM
I dont think JR would have any qualms with asking Snee to work something out on his contract, but I don't think JR wants to make him more expensive IF he is actually declining. </P>

I personally think that his struggles had alot to do with the play around him. You could really see he was trying to overcompensate. </P>
You got it 100%, pal. The level of play on the OL last year affected the whole team not only one player. Unless there was an unreported injury that was ongoing and needed time to repair. Can't see it any other way.

NewYorkSwagg
03-15-2012, 04:56 PM
Yeah but not now.

yoeddy
03-15-2012, 05:27 PM
They could lower Snee's contract and give TC enough of a raise to make up for it, even after inheritance tax...

NYG4lifeNYK
03-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Why is everyone being so hard on Snee after one bad season? He's been a STUD top 3 RG in the NFL for his entire career.

The poor play of the O-line aided in his woes as well because he had to help others.

bLuereverie
03-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Snee re-worked his contract last season twice, actually losing out on some incentives. I know there is an option for him in two years. They can save 2mil in cap if they turn his base into a signing bonus, then possibly extend him in the offseason.

Axels15
03-15-2012, 07:38 PM
You know all these guys who restructure are just getting the money straight up?

If anything, Coughlin would love his son-in-law to restructure