PDA

View Full Version : What's the scoop on Manningham?

VD&Crabs85
03-15-2012, 07:21 PM
49er fan here - He made great plays against us in the NFC championship, great sideline catch in the SB. So, why are the Giants not resigining him?

Is he injury prone? lazy? slow? what's the scoop on this dude?

gmen0820
03-15-2012, 07:23 PM
We are strapped for cash, and he might want too much money and more than we should/can pay.

Little inconsistent as well, with a lot of mental errors.

Drez
03-15-2012, 07:38 PM
We are strapped for cash, and he might want to much than we should/can pay.

Little inconsistent as well, with a lot of mental errors.
Pretty much this. As talented as the kid is, he's still our #3. He's probably looking for a contract that'll pay him around $5m/yr, which is too much for us to spend on our third WR.

He can be a little inconsistent at times, primarily in drifting too close to the sidelines and he sometimes doesn't catch the ball cleanly making the catch harder than it need be or causing a drop. He struggled at times with some of our read/options, but I wouldn't be too concerned, as your offense isn't nearly as complex or dependent upon that as ours is.

The kid is a damned good receiver who has the ability to take one to the house any time be touches the ball.

VD&Crabs85
03-15-2012, 08:14 PM
Gee...thanks for the video :( lol

NYG4lifeNYK
03-15-2012, 08:25 PM

LOL

That's his signature. But everything that Drez said is 100% true. Rio is a hell of a WR we just cannot afford him.

Drez
03-15-2012, 09:45 PM
Gee...thanks for the video :( lol</P>

Yeah, I've had that up as my sig since shortly after the NFCCG, primarily toirk the whiny 49ers fans that came here crying that we got lucky. All in good fun, though.</P>

BTW, I dig your screen name, that's some funny ish.</P>

But, yeah, if you guys end up landing MM, you'll be getting a hell of a receiver.</P>

myles2424
03-15-2012, 10:33 PM
You've got to wonder who's running some of these teams........the skins really give Garçon that $$$$ ???.....did they not realize there's a better or equally good WR out there that would've cost less $$??

Roosevelt
03-15-2012, 10:55 PM
According to Mario's twitter he will not be a Niner.

Drez
03-15-2012, 11:14 PM
</P>

Are you sure about that? The last tweet that shows up from him is on the 13th. I don't have anything in my feed from him today.</P>

tittletoshofner
03-15-2012, 11:29 PM
He also has knee issues that will make teams think twice about a big contract http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/12/giants_mario_manningham_says_i.html

Roosevelt
03-16-2012, 12:02 AM
</p>

Are you sure about that? The last tweet that shows up from him is on the 13th. I don't have anything in my feed from him today.</p>

My daughter follows him, and that's what she told me. She said he didn't enjoy his visit and that he's headed to Miami for a visit. But then again she's 12!

Drez
03-16-2012, 12:06 AM
Meh, that's not necessarily a big deal. At least not for the short term (read as: the length of an NFL career).

Drez
03-16-2012, 12:25 AM
</P>

Are you sure about that? The last tweet that shows up from him is on the 13th. I don't have anything in my feed from him today.</P>

My daughter follows him, and that's what she told me. She said he didn't enjoy his visit and that he's headed to Miami for a visit. But then again she's 12!
</P>

Yeah, she definitely isn't following him then. He's going to STL next.</P>

JJC7301
03-16-2012, 12:42 AM

LOL

That's his signature. But everything that Drez said is 100% true. Rio is a hell of a WR we just cannot afford him.

+1. He has had a handful of mental mistakes, but he really is a damn good WR who can get really good YAC on any play. He didn't just make that beautiful catch in the SB, but also scored a TD in each of the NFC playoff games as well.

I wouldn't consider him a # 1, but he's a legit # 2 on any team. With having to re-sign Nicks and / or Cruz (hopefully both) over the next few years, we just can't afford him.