PDA

View Full Version : Have you guys seen anything out of the Cowboys that scares you?

dayeh33
12-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Honestly they just lost to the Cardinals, barely beat Miami at home and barely beat the Redskins... I know it is an important divisional game coming up so they may play a little harder, but i honestly think we can go into their house and possibly blow them out. Their secondary is horrendous and we possess one of the best passing games in the league. I say 34-14 in favor of an angry and confident Giants team

GameTime
12-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Two things are of concern....</P>

1.....Its a division game and it always a tough win....or at least usually. We should have killed Philthy and looked what happened.</P>

2.....Jason Whitten.....always kills the Giants. </P>

BigBlue1971
12-07-2011, 01:28 PM
if the Giants can shut down their rushing attack, i think they can pressure Romo enough for a coupla turnovers. </P>

the Giants know Romo and well. he is easily rattled if pressured enough. </P>

MikeIsaGiant
12-07-2011, 01:31 PM
I'm worried about Murray, that's about it, and our o-line.

Stop Murray and don't let the cowboys pass rush get to Eli and we're set, attack the corners with Nicks and cruz. I expect a pass-happy team

Ruttiger711
12-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Honestly they just lost to the Cardinals, barely beat Miami at home and barely beat the Redskins... I know it is an important divisional game coming up so they may play a little harder, but i honestly think we can go into their house and possibly blow them out. Their secondary is horrendous and we possess one of the best passing games in the league. I say 34-14 in favor of an angry and confident Giants team
</P>

We didnt exactly romp the Cardinals or Miami and we lost to the Skins. </P>

</P>

Dez Bryant is a tough coverage assignment, so is Austin (if he plays). Romo can extend plays with his feet and find the open guy. Murray can be a monster as well... and you can never forget Witten. </P>

No reason to take them lightly and certainly no reason to EXPECT a blowout. </P>

IMO</P>

miked1958
12-07-2011, 01:38 PM
</P>

First of all like others have said.. the reason they almost lost to the Skins is because its a DIV game and all bets are off. Look what philly and the Skins did to us. We should have not only won both those games we should have won big. </P>

The 2nd thing is we dont blow anyone out. Have not done it all season and dont expect it to start Sunday night in Dallas. Late in the 4th quarter will will be in the same postion we are always in. Either down 3 or 7 and trying to scramble down the field in under a minute to get the win or tie. LOL</P>

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-07-2011, 01:42 PM
With the way the defense has played this year, any team with 11 players on offense, consisting of a QB, RB, some WR's, a TE and an offensive line, scares me.

MikeIsaGiant
12-07-2011, 01:44 PM
With the way the defense has played this year, any team with 11 players on offense, consisting of a QB, RB, some WR's, a TE and an offensive line, scares me.

I think the giants can finally get to at least 1 QB though, we got to rattle Romo, but not injure him..

Then we have a serious problem.. Is Kitna still around? lOL

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-07-2011, 01:50 PM

I think the giants can finally get to at least 1 QB though, we got to rattle Romo, but not injure him..

Problem is, if they get to Romo and rattle him, are they going to continue it all game or drop back into coverage and rush 3?

I could have swore, at one point, they got to Rodgers and I don't think it was brought up at all. For a moment there, he was flustered, but they got away from attacking and the next 2 drives were drives for TD's.

MikeIsaGiant
12-07-2011, 01:51 PM

Problem is, if they get to Romo and rattle him, are they going to continue it all game or drop back into coverage and rush 3?

I could have swore, at one point, they got to Rodgers and I don't think it was brought up at all. For a moment there, he was flustered, but they got away from attacking and the next 2 drives were drives for TD's.

Well let's hope Fewell wakes up... finally.

bleedinblue27
12-07-2011, 01:57 PM
yeah....turning a 4 game losing streak into a 5 game losing streak!

YATittle1962
12-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Murray

Austin....yes even on one hammy

Witten

Ware!!!!!

giantsforce
12-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Murray

Austin....yes even on one hammy

Witten

Ware!!!!!All that and who knows which Giants team will show up. Do not expect much out of the Giants come this Sunday.

giantsforce
12-07-2011, 02:01 PM

Well let's hope Fewell wakes up... finally.He hasn't so far. What makes you think that he will now?

TuckYou
12-07-2011, 02:10 PM
They lost to the Cards in OT... WE could of lost to them if that Cruz fumble was called a fumble, which it could of easily.
They barely beat the dolphins.... WE barely beat the dolphins...
They BEAT the Seahawks.... WE LOST to the Seahawks...
They BEAT the 49ers.... We LOST to the 49ers...
They barely beat the Redskins... WE LOST to the Redskins...</P>

It is in Dallas, It is a rival division game, It is going to be tough. </P>

Romo makes something out of nothing a lot, and our defense gives up a lot out of nothing a lot. </P>

I think we can win, but it is going to be a tough game.</P>

Witten will have 10 catches and 100+ yards on us. Who covers Dez and Austin?
</P>

JMFP2
12-07-2011, 02:17 PM
They lost to the Cards in OT... WE could of lost to them if that Cruz fumble was called a fumble, which it could of easily.
They barely beat the dolphins.... WE barely beat the dolphins...
They BEAT the Seahawks.... WE LOST to the Seahawks...
They BEAT the 49ers.... We LOST to the 49ers...
They barely beat the Redskins... WE LOST to the Redskins...</P>

It is in Dallas, It is a rival division game, It is going to be tough. </P>

Romo makes something out of nothing a lot, and our defense gives up a lot out of nothing a lot. </P>

I think we can win, but it is going to be a tough game.</P>

Witten will have 10 catches and 100+ yards on us. Who covers Dez and Austin?
</P>

Good points.

Giants need to take these guys as seriously as the Packers, or they'll be walking into another Saints debacle.

Firenugget
12-07-2011, 02:26 PM
lol really? We lost to Seattle at home. Give me one viable reason NOT to be concerned about playing Dallas twice for all the marbles. These two games (oh and btw there's no guarantee that we win a 3rd game either) can easily go either way.

You can call it negativity, I call it reality.

miked1958
12-07-2011, 02:30 PM
lol really? We lost to Seattle at home. Give me one viable reason NOT to be concerned about playing Dallas twice for all the marbles. These two games (oh and btw there's no guarantee that we win a 3rd game either) can easily go either way.

</P>

Yep we for sure can tie dallas unless we beat them twice. they have us in all tiebreakers. Commone opponents..it was just listed that they beat 3teams we lost to. Also Conference record is in their favor. So yes.. Unless we win 3 in a row (which is very unlikely seeing how we have played last 4wks on D) and dallas loses as well to philly (which would give us the Div prior to our last game against them) then we have to beat them in both games or we dont make the playoffs. period</P>

Spytheweb
12-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Yeah, those throwback Dallas Cowbilly cheerleaders uniforms, brings back the 1960's.

chizz
12-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Theor pffense against our zone d scares me

myles2424
12-07-2011, 03:35 PM
The intelligence of their fans usually scares me....

TroyArcher
12-07-2011, 04:23 PM
</P>

</P>

The biggest thing that scares me is the Giants pass defense.</P>

gmen46
12-07-2011, 04:46 PM

</P>

Yep we for sure can tie dallas unless we beat them twice. they have us in all tiebreakers. Commone opponents..it was just listed that they beat 3teams we lost to. Also Conference record is in their favor. So yes.. Unless we win 3 in a row (which is very unlikely seeing how we have played last 4wks on D) and dallas loses as well to philly (which would give us the Div prior to our last game against them) then we have to beat them in both games or we dont make the playoffs. period</P>

While I agree that for all intents and purposes we need to beat Dallas twice in order to make the playoffs, TECHNICALLY that's not necessarily true.

And your "common opponents" scenario is washed out by the fact that even though they did beat 3 teams we lost to, we also beat 3 teams THEY lost to (NE, ARI, PHI).

The fact is that if we beat Dallas twice and Washington (not givens, of course, but possible even with this team), and even lose to the Jets--god forbid--we will win the division.

And that will mean we will have won 3 out of the last 4 games (including the last game of the season), which is a strong way to end the season going into the playoffs.

So, yes, in truth we MUST beat Dallas twice. And it is possible, even though it will be tough as usual, especially since Dallas is no more reliable this year than the Giants have been.

We are 5-2 the last 7 games vs Cowboys, 4-1 vs Romo the last 7 games vs Cowboys.

Witten usually does hurt us but we've never LOST because of Witten.

Their run game has hurt us at times over the past 3 years, but has never been the reason for a loss to the Cowboys.

As usual, the outcome of these 2 games will ultimately come down to the play of Eli vs the play of Romo. And, even though Romo has AT TIMES played very well this year, he has also lost games for them.

The way Eli has played all season (except for Game 1), I put my faith in Eli's performances over those of Romo to be the winning factors in both games this year.

MikeyMike01
12-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Honestly they just lost to the Cardinals, barely beat Miami at home and barely beat the Redskins...

One could say the Giants barely beat the Cardinals, barely beat Miami, lost to Seattle, and lost to the Redskins.

repeatchamps
12-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Here's my take:</P>

<FONT color=#667766>http://boards.giants.com/forums/permalink/2366679/2366694/ShowThread.aspx#2366694</FONT> (/forums/permalink/2366679/2366694/ShowThread.aspx#2366694)</P>

Gianthunter
12-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Haven't seen anything that doesn't show me it's a big waste of jetfuel this weekend. Save the money for salary cap Mara.

GiantWarfare
12-07-2011, 05:57 PM
of course they scare me, we lost to Seattle at home end of story...

If the team that played against GB shows up Sunday Night, Dallas is in trouble and we're right where we wanna be, if that other team shows up, season's likely over.

NYGFaninILL
12-07-2011, 06:01 PM

Just remember, the Giants lost to the eagles the week after they lost to the cards, too.

And the Cowboys don't scare me, the Giants inconsistencies scare me much, much morez

qndarius3
12-07-2011, 06:11 PM
2 names...

Bryant
Ware- with Diehl at LT- eeeeek

Ntegrase96
12-07-2011, 06:27 PM

</p>

Yep we for sure can tie dallas unless we beat them twice. they have us in all tiebreakers. Commone opponents..it was just listed that they beat 3teams we lost to. Also Conference record is in their favor. So yes.. Unless we win 3 in a row (which is very unlikely seeing how we have played last 4wks on D) and dallas loses as well to philly (which would give us the Div prior to our last game against them) then we have to beat them in both games or we dont make the playoffs. period</p>

While I agree that for all intents and purposes we need to beat Dallas twice in order to make the playoffs, TECHNICALLY that's not necessarily true.

And your "common opponents" scenario is washed out by the fact that even though they did beat 3 teams we lost to, we also beat 3 teams THEY lost to (NE, ARI, PHI).

The fact is that if we beat Dallas twice and Washington (not givens, of course, but possible even with this team), and even lose to the Jets--god forbid--we will win the division.

And that will mean we will have won 3 out of the last 4 games (including the last game of the season), which is a strong way to end the season going into the playoffs.

So, yes, in truth we MUST beat Dallas twice. And it is possible, even though it will be tough as usual, especially since Dallas is no more reliable this year than the Giants have been.

We are 5-2 the last 7 games vs Cowboys, 4-1 vs Romo the last 7 games vs Cowboys.

Their run game has hurt us at times over the past 3 years, but has never been the reason for a loss to the Cowboys.

As usual, the outcome of these 2 games will ultimately come down to the play of Eli vs the play of Romo. And, even though Romo has AT TIMES played very well this year, he has also lost games for them.

The way Eli has played all season (except for Game 1), I put my faith in Eli's performances over those of Romo to be the winning factors in both games this year.

Don't mind a thing you said, but the Common opponents aspect of it all is a bit off should the two teams split the series.

There's only one tying scenario in which the Cowboys wouldn't hold the tie breaker. That's finishing 9-7 (remember, splitting the series with Dallas) but the other game the Cowboys wins is against TB and not PHI.

The other two scenarios that result in ties at 8-8 and 9-7 (again, if the series was split) common opponent records would tied, but Dallas would have the better division record or conference record.

On paper it's easier for Dallas to clinch, but I kind of doubt it translates to the field. We've been bad lately.

oldgiantfan
12-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Giants simply don't play well in prime time games. They are coming off of a heartbreaking loss. Three things need to happen.

They get a good nights sleep
They nap during the day
They are angry as a hornet's nest because of the loss to GB.

gmen46
12-07-2011, 06:44 PM

</p>

Yep we for sure can tie dallas unless we beat them twice. they have us in all tiebreakers. Commone opponents..it was just listed that they beat 3teams we lost to. Also Conference record is in their favor. So yes.. Unless we win 3 in a row (which is very unlikely seeing how we have played last 4wks on D) and dallas loses as well to philly (which would give us the Div prior to our last game against them) then we have to beat them in both games or we dont make the playoffs. period</p>

Don't mind a thing you said, but the Common opponents aspect of it all is a bit off should the two teams split the series.

There's only one tying scenario in which the Cowboys wouldn't hold the tie breaker. That's finishing 9-7 (remember, splitting the series with Dallas) but the other game the Cowboys wins is against TB and not PHI.

The other two scenarios that result in ties at 8-8 and 9-7 (again, if the series was split) common opponent records would tied, but Dallas would have the better division record or conference record.

On paper it's easier for Dallas to clinch, but I kind of doubt it translates to the field. We've been bad lately.

I agree.

You currently have both the Conference and the Division record advantage.

That's why, in the end, the only way we will (and the only way we should, in order to warrant any respect, really) win the Division is to beat you both times and to beat Washington.

The Jets game then becomes like a cream puff for desert. It would be sweet and fulfilling to win, but in truth it would have little if any effect on our seeding.

(Mmmmm, cream puffs!)

Cowboys Fan From Asia
12-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Yes, I have seen several things in the Cowboys that scare me.

Namely, the Cowboys' weak secondary, porous offensive line and questionable playcalling by theOC.

repeatchamps
12-07-2011, 07:31 PM
To all saying that the Giants cannot win the tie-breaker if they split with Dallas (thisworks if they split no matter in what order btw):</P>

Giants beat Dallas once, Skins, Jets. Dallas beats Tampa butloses to Philly but wins one against the Giants both teams are 9-7, Giants win the division due to common opponents tie-breaker being in the Giants favor (is the third tie breaker after head-head and division records which in this scenario would both be even. Conference record doesn't play in until after common opponents when determining a division title). </P>

In actuality, if the Giants win the next three and Dallas beats Tampa and loses to Philly as of Christmas night when Dallas would lose to Philly, the Giants would clinch and the Week 17 game against Dallas would be meaningless from the Giants standpoint.</P>

Ntegrase96
12-07-2011, 07:51 PM
To all saying that the Giants cannot win the tie-breaker if they split with Dallas (thisworks if they split no matter in what order btw):</p>

Giants beat Dallas once, Skins, Jets. Dallas beats Tampa butloses to Philly but wins one against the Giants both teams are 9-7, Giants win the division due to common opponents tie-breaker being in the Giants favor (is the third tie breaker after head-head and division records which in this scenario would both be even. Conference record doesn't play in until after common opponents when determining a division title). </p>

In actuality, if the Giants win the next three and Dallas beats Tampa and loses to Philly as of Christmas night when Dallas would lose to Philly, the Giants would clinch and the Week 17 game against Dallas would be meaningless from the Giants standpoint.</p>

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say above. Maybe it wasn't very clear.

From the Dallas perspective there are two games that really can't hurt Dallas on the schedule. The Tampa Bay game, and one of the Giants games.

If they lose the first Giants game, they can still win the division simply by winning the last two games on the schedule. If they win the first one and beat the eagles, then the last game is meaningless. Easier said than done, and I'm not holding my breath.

Simply put, Dallas can't be eliminated from playoff contention until week 17, unless they lose to the Eagles.

repeatchamps
12-07-2011, 08:01 PM
To all saying that the Giants cannot win the tie-breaker if they split with Dallas (thisworks if they split no matter in what order btw):</P>

Giants beat Dallas once, Skins, Jets. Dallas beats Tampa butloses to Philly but wins one against the Giants both teams are 9-7, Giants win the division due to common opponents tie-breaker being in the Giants favor (is the third tie breaker after head-head and division records which in this scenario would both be even. Conference record doesn't play in until after common opponents when determining a division title). </P>

In actuality, if the Giants win the next three and Dallas beats Tampa and loses to Philly as of Christmas night when Dallas would lose to Philly, the Giants would clinch and the Week 17 game against Dallas would be meaningless from the Giants standpoint.</P>

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say above. Maybe it wasn't very clear.

From the Dallas perspective there are two games that really can't hurt Dallas on the schedule. The Tampa Bay game, and one of the Giants games.

If they lose the first Giants game, they can still win the division simply by winning the last two games on the schedule. If they win the first one and beat the eagles, then the last game is meaningless. Easier said than done, and I'm not holding my breath.

Simply put, Dallas can't be eliminated from playoff contention until week 17, unless they lose to the Eagles.
</P>

Yup. The last scenario I mentioned in thelast paragraph would be a heck of Christmas and Hanukkah present since the holidays coincide this year, lol.</P>

jomo
12-07-2011, 08:02 PM
No

lawl
12-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Their talent at the skill positions is very good.</P>

Their pass rush is very good.</P>

That said, I like our team better.</P>

titwio
12-07-2011, 08:44 PM
if the Giants can shut down their rushing attack, i think they can pressure Romo enough for a coupla turnovers.* </P>

the Giants know Romo and well.* he is easily rattled if pressured enough.* </P>

I agree with this. The Cowboys success has come through the emergence of DeMarco Murray. When Murray is effective it opens up their passing game and with all the weapons they have and Austin coming back this week too....they're tough to stop.

The Giants need to stuff the run game like Arizona did and put pressure on Romo. No more of this rush 3 on 3rd down crap. The Boys are going to have a lot of 3 WR sets and Amukamara will get a big test this week. Hope he's up for it.

Gianthunter
12-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Yes, I have seen several things in the Cowboys that scare me.

Namely, the Cowboys' weak secondary, porous offensive line and questionable playcalling by theOC.
psssssssst[:-*] Their clueless.

dinz
12-07-2011, 09:49 PM
dud, wheres ur faith?/ Eli will shread that secondary

Mr Excitement
12-07-2011, 09:52 PM
we can't cover a TE...we almost lost to Miami as well and we LOST to the Skins....

tonyt830
12-07-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm not scared as a fan, but have a healthy respect for players like Ware, Witten, Murray and Jones. </P>

</P>

Robinson has filled in pretty nice this year when Austin has been out. And on D, SeanLee has turned some heads. I think we need to run the ball enough with Bradshaw and Jacobs to set up the play action pass game. I think Nicks and Cruz could have good games vs the Boys secondary. Diehl may need some help keeping Ware off Eli, which is key. And whatever Gilbride does, don't call that weak WR screen to DJ Ware.</P>

On defense, the Giants need to keep Murray and Jones contained, and get pressure on Romo with the front 4(please no 3 man rushes) and throw in a 5 or 6 man blitz to get Romo from time to time. Witten will get his catches of course, but we cannot allow big plays by Bryant or Austin vertically.</P>

</P>

If the Giants offense plays like it did last week vs the Pack, I think it could be a long night for the Cowboys secondary. But I take nothing for granted, its still an NFC East battle, and the Cowboys know whats at stake as much as the Giants. Both teams are fighting for their playoff lives.</P>

</P>

britishblue2
12-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Its a divisional game and therefore it will be a hard fought battle

BigBlueFanNJ
12-07-2011, 11:00 PM
that Jerry Jones kind of frightens me uuuuggghh!!!

I Bleed Blue 56
12-07-2011, 11:50 PM
Well to all my Giants fans who take them lightly. Please think again im in texas and unfortunately have watched all of there games and there not a pushover at all. There defense is suspect just like the packers and saints. The only difference is there offense is more balanced than both of those teams. With Austin back for this game they will have 4 recievers that can easily tear our defense apart. They have a legit running game and if Murray runs on us its going to be a long night. Please Giants fans do not take this game lightly its seriously not going to be easy for us at all. God willing we win this will be a big momentum builder for our team to carry on into the playoffs.

Ntegrase96
12-08-2011, 01:54 AM
I think I'll add a little bit to what the Cowboys do well.

The Cowboys will be healthy this week. Not sure if Austin will be playing, but Fiammetta will be back after missing the last 3 games with an unknown illness.

You may ask, 'why is that important?'"

Well the Cowboys have been slumping the last three games. Murray has performed admirably, but is missing a big key to his success--FB Tony Fiammetta... and it shows.

Fiammetta was in during the 4 games in which Murray played very well. The worst day Murray had with Fiammetta was the 74 yard day he had against the eagles. Of course that was only on 8 carries. Other than that game he exceeded 130 yards 3 times including the monster 250 yard game.

And it doesn't just stop with Murray. Fiammetta helped F Jones to a 100+ yard day against the redskins. To sum up. When fiammetta is in the lineup, the Cowboys rush very well. He makes up for the deficiencies in the o'line with his adjustable blocking.

If the ground game gets going it's hard to stop the offense other than letting them stop themselves. Not impossible, but I'd consider this offense to be just as good as any in the NFL when it's on it's game.

...but we also suck right now.

barran21
12-08-2011, 02:17 AM

Were you thinking when you made this thread? you realize we loss to the Skins, barely beat the Phins, and was one ref mess up from losing to the cards, they are getting Austin back while we lost another player in our secondary to injury, this will be a tough game, they have some o-line issues but this game will be high scoring game if Eli and the o-line shows up, otherwise I could see us getting blown out...

I am confident about this game, but in the back of my mind I know this team is Jekyll and Hyde, last week we looked good against the Packers but they can easily turn around and have Seattle or Eagles performance, too many injuries in the secondary to over come and Romo will have a Tom Brady like day if our D-line goes AWOL, like it been for the pass month..

GiantWarfare
12-08-2011, 02:38 AM
I'd consider this offense to be just as good as any in the NFL when it's on it's game.

...but we also suck right now.

Well you just simultaneously described both offenses to a tee w/ that comment.

I personally am well aware of the Boys' talent at the skill positions, the discovery of Murray (who we've yet to face) has brought great balance to an already skilled offense.

Also can't forget about Laurent Robinson who's been a huge surprise for you guys...

I just hope Dallas underestimates the Giants' talent at the skill positions, because if so, its gonna be a long night for Jerry Jones...

2011 Giants passing attack is much more potent (thanks to the discoveries of Cruz/Ballard...specifically Cruz) than last year or the year before that, and I'm confident Dallas will witness this firsthand. I'm sure Cruz especially is licking his chops to face that Dallas secondary...

Both teams are inconsistent, both teams have dynamic/potentially explosive offenses, its all gonna depend on which of the two defenses does the better job at limiting said offense Sunday night...

TBH I've always felt as if Giants/Cowboys were as close to counterparts (personnel wise) as you get in the division...(a little bit how Steelers/Ravens are basically carbon copies of each other).

miked1958
12-08-2011, 11:28 AM
</P>

Actually if you go over to the Cowboys Message Boards its mixed. Alot of them are very concerned about Eli and our WRs, Especially Cruz. They said that Romo and company better put up 45points because you better Believe that Eli and CO will put up 40 on our sorry pathetic LBs and DBs.</P>

Others say that the Giants have lost 4 in a row for a reason and they should be able to pull out a victory only because its at home. Then others chimed in saying the Giants play better Away and OWN them in their new Stadium. </P>

Also they said if it is a close game expect JG to screw up and call the wrong plays.. they have had it with him..</P>

Mr Excitement
12-08-2011, 12:18 PM
another thing that scares me....it's a Prime Time game.....ouch.

bigblue58
12-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Yeah....close-ups of Jerry Jones' face!!!

BklynBlue
12-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Yes, D. Ware, a revamped running game, J. Witten, and a big physical WR!

mike kennedy
12-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Jerry Jone's wife hairdoo scares me!

SweetZombieJesus
12-08-2011, 03:04 PM

I think that's actually Fewell's strategy. Bring just enough pass rush to get the QB worried about it, then go coverage heavy. I guess the theory is that you can get the benefit of a rush without bring it, but it doesn't work.

JMFP2
12-08-2011, 04:55 PM
another thing that scares me....it's a Prime Time game.....ouch.

I hate Sunday night games. No time to mentally readjust after a loss.

GMENAGAIN
12-08-2011, 05:20 PM

1.....Its a division game and it always a tough win....or at least usually. We should have killed Philthy and looked what happened.</P>

</P>

I would add to that list:</P>

(3)They now have a legitimate run game with DeMarco Murray and we can't stop the run</P>

(4) Miles Austin should be back this week. Tough to cover Austin, Bryan Whitten and Robinson.</P>

bearbryant
12-08-2011, 05:46 PM
It's not anything that Dallas does that scares me. I think about the things that the Giants don't do that scares me!!! If we play football the way we can, I have no question about who wins the game. So, the question is: What Giant team shows up?

Ntegrase96
12-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Two things are of concern....</p>

1.....Its a division game and it always a tough win....or at least usually. We should have killed Philthy and looked what happened.</p>

2.....Jason Whitten.....always kills the Giants. </p>

</p>

I would add to that list:</p>

(3)They now have a legitimate run game with DeMarco Murray and we can't stop the run</p>

(4) Miles Austin should be back this week. Tough to cover Austin, Bryan Whitten and Robinson.</p>

Talking it over with my buddies on the Cowboys forum and am just now really absorbing the fact that this is by far the healthiest the Cowboys offense has been all season. It was good when it was healthy early on. Then Romo had the rib thing that he's finally gotten over, we lost our starting WRs in a few games, Felix Jone in a game or two. And because of that, there are more pieces that can contribute, like Laurent Robinson and DeMarco Murray. Also we've added Fiammetta to the mix, which is nice.

It'll be interesting to see how they do, but the offense is at full strength for the first time this season since the Jets game, now with added pieces.

Gianthunter
12-08-2011, 08:24 PM

</P>

I would add to that list:</P>

(3)They now have a legitimate run game with DeMarco Murray and we can't stop the run</P>

(4) Miles Austin should be back this week. Tough to cover Austin, Bryan Whitten and Robinson.</P>

Talking it over with my buddies on the Cowboys forum and am just now really absorbing the fact that this is by far the healthiest the Cowboys offense has been all season. It was good when it was healthy early on. Then Romo had the rib thing that he's finally gotten over, we lost our starting WRs in a few games, Felix Jone in a game or two. And because of that, there are more pieces that can contribute, like Laurent Robinson and DeMarco Murray. Also we've added Fiammetta to the mix, which is nice.

It'll be interesting to see how they do, but the offense is at full strength for the first time this season since the Jets game, now with added pieces.
I do like one very good factor. The secondary. Not saying the Giants will win per se. But Eli will have fun.

BlueSanta
12-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Did the Seahawks scare us?

Ntegrase96
12-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Two things are of concern....</p>

1.....Its a division game and it always a tough win....or at least usually. We should have killed Philthy and looked what happened.</p>

2.....Jason Whitten.....always kills the Giants. </p>

</p>

I would add to that list:</p>

(3)They now have a legitimate run game with DeMarco Murray and we can't stop the run</p>

(4) Miles Austin should be back this week. Tough to cover Austin, Bryan Whitten and Robinson.</p>

I do like one very good factor. The secondary. Not saying the Giants will win per se. But Eli will have fun.

Yeah. After strong showings early in the year, they've reverted back to garbage. Frank Walker is starting to play down to the level he probably should be playing since he's 4th or 5th on the depth chart. Alan Ball is no longer even serviceable. Scandrick and Newman have taken a step back and Jenkins is playing average to good ball right now.

The safeties are more solid than in years past though... not saying much.