PDA

View Full Version : To do list

lawl
03-15-2012, 09:22 PM
At this point what do you all think we have left to do to fill out this roster.

I'll get it started.

1. Resign goff

2. Sign a backup offensive tackle. I unfortunately think Diehl is getting handed the RT job. I don't know how far along brewer is to being ready so I'll just assume he isn't quite there yet.

3. Add a solid dt to the rotation.

4. Invest alot into a new WR (1st round pick)

5. Add a serviceable running back.

giantsfan420
03-15-2012, 09:26 PM

I'll get it started.

1. Resign goff

2. Sign a backup offensive tackle. I unfortunately think Diehl is getting handed the RT job. I don't know how far along brewer is to being ready so I'll just assume he isn't quite there yet.

agreed.

we dont have to inest a lot into a new WR just yet, that could damage paying nicks or cruz. although, if we cant afford Cruz when its time to pay him, having a great young WR we drafted waiting would be HUGE.

i'd rather just sign Smith, or trust Eli to raise Bardens or JJ's game.

Also, I believe we need more than a servicable RB. Bradshaw is awesome but we cant expect him to give us a full season. he'll miss around 4 games a season, no away around that. i dont want stretches of a season wheere we only have a servicable RB. I think Jacobs was perfect for our team behind bradshaw bc with how we played him, it fit the description "servicable" but really he was starter level quality. I'd rather draft in the 2nd a Larmar Miller or the VT RB or that Boise RB Martin ?

Hopefully Brewer can start and DD is a backup for all of the OL positions. but yea I agree except the value of player

NYG4lifeNYK
03-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Did you just say give up a 1st round pick for a WR? Or go WR in the 1st round?

Either way that's crazy I would hate that move.

Plenty of FA's roaming around & players on our roster already.

Flip Empty
03-15-2012, 09:28 PM
I don't think we need any more WRs.

lawl
03-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Did you just say give up a 1st round pick for a WR? Or go WR in the 1st round?

Either way that's crazy I would hate that move

Draft WR in the first rd.

Keeping both Cruz and nicks longterm will not be easy. We need to keep this offense loaded while Eli is in his prime.

lawl
03-15-2012, 09:33 PM

I'll get it started.

1. Resign goff

agreed.

we dont have to inest a lot into a new WR just yet, that could damage paying nicks or cruz. although, if we cant afford Cruz when its time to pay him, having a great young WR we drafted waiting would be HUGE.

Also, I believe we need more than a servicable RB. Bradshaw is awesome but we cant expect him to give us a full season. he'll miss around 4 games a season, no away around that. i dont want stretches of a season wheere we only have a servicable RB. I think Jacobs was perfect for our team behind bradshaw bc with how we played him, it fit the description "servicable" but really he was starter level quality. I'd rather draft in the 2nd a Larmar Miller or the VT RB or that Boise RB Martin ?

Hopefully Brewer can start and DD is a backup for all of the OL positions. but yea I agree except the value of player

I think its almost an impossibility that Martin or miller will be there at pick 64. Hey, youre the one that brought up cutting bradshaw AND Jacobs and sticking with a mediocre back at low salary. Change of heart?

I'd love an explosive pass catcher out of the back field, but I don't think we need to invest much more into the position.

giantsfan420
03-15-2012, 09:48 PM

I'll get it started.

1. Resign goff

agreed.

I think its almost an impossibility that Martin or miller will be there at pick 64. Hey, youre the one that brought up cutting bradshaw AND Jacobs and sticking with a mediocre back at low salary. Change of heart?

I'd love an explosive pass catcher out of the back field, but I don't think we need to invest much more into the position.

no no no. i said, would it be better to invest the money we spend on our rb's into our OL?

we obviously haven't improved our OL, and if we don't, we will still need to have the threat of a run game. plus, Jacobs re-signing cuts what we paid last season in half for what we'll pay this season.

and that was with our roster last season, we are losing MM and he was a big part of our pass attack. i doubt we will be as effective passing the ball subbing MM with Barden and JJ, see what I mean?

AntB
03-15-2012, 10:17 PM
I guess you mean through the draft since people are saying that we have no room under the cap to sign anybody. If Hixon is healthy and still has his speed he can open things up at wide receiver when we need it and maybe compete for MM's old spot. Are they counting on Scott to play this season at RB? Is Sintom still around to compete at LB?