PDA

View Full Version : Don't Get me wrong I love Jerry Reese but..

burier
03-16-2012, 11:34 AM
Why is he getting so much credit for the Superbowl wins? Especially this last one considering the primary reason we won the damn thing was EA's move for Eli?

We did field a pretty deficient team this year. Poor running game and poor defense.

I think he's a good GM and he gets props for the rings and all but some of you guys make it sound like he's a player or something.

giantsfan420
03-16-2012, 11:36 AM
lol, another work of brilliance from our idiot savant ...classic.

NWKEffectElement
03-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Wow! WTF is up with these boards lately?

NWKEffectElement
03-16-2012, 11:42 AM
If EA was so great WTF didn't he help win a SB while he was here? Please answer the question.

wolfie
03-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Wow! WTF is up with these boards lately?</P>

I think it's because they have nothing to do at work. Some people hear this from a Jets fan standing by the water cooler and the next thing you know, it's gospel.</P>

Harooni
03-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Reese is a great GM. my only concern is how he manages the cap. can't be afraid to let players on the decline with huge contracts go.

(also at work and bored)

burier
03-16-2012, 11:46 AM

Two Stans? Burier you've outdone yourself.

Kruunch
03-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Why is he getting so much credit for the Superbowl wins? Especially this last one considering the primary reason we won the damn thing was EA's move for Eli?

We did field a pretty deficient team this year. Poor running game and poor defense.

I think he's a good GM and he gets props for the rings and all but some of you guys make it sound like he's a player or something.

Classic Burier post.

P.S. - It isn't everyone else ... it's you.

GameTime
03-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Why is he getting so much credit for the Superbowl wins? Especially this last one considering the primary reason we won the damn thing was EA's move for Eli? We did field a pretty deficient team this year. Poor running game and poor defense. <FONT color=#000080 size=4>I think he's a good GM and he gets props for the rings </FONT>and all but some of you guys make it sound like he's a player or something.</P>

So you "love him" and give him props.....but....</P>

but what?.....you dont agree with other fans? So what.....</P>

burier
03-16-2012, 11:47 AM
If EA was so great WTF didn't he help win a SB while he was here? Please answer the question.

When did I say anything about EA being so Great?

He did aquire Eli Manning though.

giantsfan420
03-16-2012, 11:48 AM

Classic Burier post.

it somehow escapes him time and time again

GameTime
03-16-2012, 11:50 AM
If EA was so great WTF didn't he help win a SB while he was here? Please answer the question. When did I say anything about EA being so Great? He did aquire Eli Manning though.</P>

so what would you consider "great"....</P>

A GM who puts a SB or playoff team on the field every year with no injuries, superior talent, 10 mil under the cap, and draft pics that all pan out every year. ??? Oh yeah....and get FA for cheap but play like superstars.....</P>

</P>

</P>

jmike
03-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Reese obviously has gotten the benefit of amazing luck. The Giants should fire his *** before it catches up to him. Time to start fresh with this team, Eli is overrated and Coughlin is too old. Shanahan's kid should be hired to HC before somebody else grabs him and we are stuck with a senial TC at the helm. We should get a GM that understands the players more, Cris Carter or Dieon Sanders would be a good choice and wouldn't chase away the good players, none of whom would want to play here because of Coughlin. See what we can do to get a high pick next year and get that USC QB in the draft. Can't understand why nobody can see this.

GameTime
03-16-2012, 11:54 AM
<FONT color=#ff0000>Reese obviously has gotten the benefit of amazing luck. The Giants should fire his *** before it catches up to him. Time to start fresh with this team, Eli is overrated and Coughlin is too old. Shanahan's kid should be hired to HC before somebody else grabs him and we are stuck with a senial TC at the helm. We should get a GM that understands the players more, Cris Carter or Dieon Sanders would be a good choice and wouldn't chase away the good players, none of whom would want to play here because of Coughlin. See what we can do to get a high pick next year and get that USC QB in the draft. Can't understand why nobody can see this.</FONT></P>

there you go.....fixed it for you</P>

burier
03-16-2012, 11:56 AM

Classic Burier post.

Oh Krunch.

I have no idea why you follow me around these boards but if it floats your boat.

I'll just remind you that you're the Patriots fan who seems to get his kicks by hanging out on a Giants message board.

Mr. "The Giants defense is too complicated due to Fewells man under concepts"

Mr. "David Diehl is a top flight Left tackle who shuts Demarcus Ware Down every time they play"

Mr. "What if the Pats win the Superbowl by 32 points"

Mr. "The Patriots are a class organization."

Mr. "Spygate is the NFL equivolent to a speeding ticket"

Mr. "I have a such a huge man Krush on Burier I lay in wait for him to post so I can have something to say."

I've forgotten more about football than you'll ever know.

You are complete waste of life. And your mother should have swallowed you.

have a nice day :)

burier
03-16-2012, 11:59 AM
If EA was so great WTF didn't he help win a SB while he was here? Please answer the question. When did I say anything about EA being so Great? He did aquire Eli Manning though.</P>

A GM who puts a SB or playoff team on the field every year with no injuries, superior talent, 10 mil under the cap, and draft pics that all pan out every year. ??? Oh yeah....and get FA for cheap but play like superstars.....</P>

*</P>

*</P>

All I'm saying is the team went 9-7. If Eli gets hurt this season we'd probably be trying to trade out of the 1st pick.

Under those circumstances it just doesn't seem quite on target to say "Reese won 2 Superbowls in 4 years" Like he constucted this superteam or something.

giantsfan420
03-16-2012, 11:59 AM

Classic Burier post.

Oh Krunch.

I have no idea why you follow me around these boards but if it floats your boat.

I'll just remind you that you're the Patriots fan who seems to get his kicks by hanging out on a Giants message board.

Mr. "David Diehl is a top flight Left tackle who shuts Demarcus Ware Down every time they play"

Mr. "I have a such a huge man Krush on Burier I lay in wait for him to post so I can have something to say."

is there anyone your not smarter or better than burier?

its not everyone else, its you.

gotta feel for the guy tho, he makes a thread based on something he actually thinks, and it becomes a feeding frenzy of people joking with him as the punchline...

GameTime
03-16-2012, 12:02 PM

</P>

</P>

All I'm saying is the team went 9-7. If Eli gets hurt this season we'd probably be trying to trade out of the 1st pick. Under those circumstances it just doesn't seem quite on target to say "Reese won 2 Superbowls in 4 years" Like he constucted this superteam or something.</P>

Reese is "part" of the team/org that won 2 superbolws. Is that better?? </P>

Besides...like the HC and QB the GM gets too much credit at times and too much blame at other times. Do care when he gets "blamed" too much????</P>

GameTime
03-16-2012, 12:04 PM

</P>

</P>

All I'm saying is the team went 9-7. If Eli gets hurt this season we'd probably be trying to trade out of the 1st pick. Under those circumstances it just doesn't seem quite on target to say "Reese won 2 Superbowls in 4 years" Like he constucted this superteam or something.</P>

Besides...like the HC and QB the GM gets too much credit at times and too much blame at other times. Do care when he gets "blamed" too much????</P>

</P>

BTW...isall hisfault the team went 9-7?? And dont justify your comments with "ifs"..</P>

Eli didnt get hurt so....that point is moot. But 15 other player were on IR</P>

burier
03-16-2012, 12:04 PM

Classic Burier post.

Oh Krunch.

is there anyone your not smarter or better than burier?

its not everyone else, its you.

gotta feel for the guy tho, he makes a thread based on something he actually thinks, and it becomes a feeding frenzy of people joking with him as the punchline...

This is how sad you are. You're so butt-hurt over a completely different thread that you're actually jumping in bed with Krunch....Good times good times.

And this everyone else you speak of right now consists of Krunch and 420 so...

The two of you can go storm the gates if you want...I'm pretty sure no one cares.

jmike
03-16-2012, 12:05 PM

Classic Burier post.

Oh Krunch.

have a nice day :)Are we suffering from a bit of an Oedipus complex Mr. Burier?

burier
03-16-2012, 12:07 PM

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

BTW...is*all his*fault the team went 9-7??* And dont justify your comments with "ifs"..</P>

Fair enough. Eli didn't get hurt so throw that out.

9-7 though???

I think Reese has done good and bad...more good than bad...but I mean..Eli throws the best pass I've ever seen to win the Superbowl.

Lets give credit where credit is due.

burier
03-16-2012, 12:09 PM

Classic Burier post.

Oh Krunch.

Ummm...Do you know what an Oedipus complex is?

If so please explain how its relevant here.

NWKEffectElement
03-16-2012, 12:13 PM

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

BTW...is*all his*fault the team went 9-7??* And dont justify your comments with "ifs"..</P>

9-7 though???

I think Reese has done good and bad...more good than bad...but I mean..Eli throws the best pass I've ever seen to win the Superbowl.

Let me get this right. So are you blaming Reese for us not showing up against the Skins twice, giving the Hawks a game, and getting absolutely robbed against the Pack during the season?

jhamburg
03-16-2012, 12:13 PM

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

9-7 though???

And who was he throwing to? Cruz, Nicks, and Manningham didn't make any great catches?

And who was responsible for those guys being on the team again?

Look at how many drops we had vs. our opponents in the postseason. It was CLEARLY the difference in several of those games.

Sanntee31
03-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Reese is a great GM. my only concern is how he manages the cap. can't be afraid to let players on the decline with huge contracts go.

(also at work and bored)
</P>

That was our problem since F/A began...The Giants held on to players far to long. As much as I loved Kieth Hamilton, he would have been gone. Along with a few others we held on to. The one thing I love about Reese is, he understands the business part of it and is willing to part ways with a player, even if he is a fan favorite (ie. Steve Smith) </P>

(It must be in the air, Im bored at work too lol)</P>

Sup Harooni!!!! Been a while my friend!!!</P>

gumby742
03-16-2012, 12:17 PM

*</P>

*</P>

All I'm saying is the team went 9-7. If Eli gets hurt this season we'd probably be trying to trade out of the 1st pick.

Under those circumstances it just doesn't seem quite on target to say "Reese won 2 Superbowls in 4 years" Like he constucted this superteam or something.

I thought the regular season doesn't matter? Especially in light that we won the SB? Let's hold Reese to the same criteria you hold Eli to. Not related to the original topic but just saying.

Your comment about him not being a player. A GM is probably the most important part of the team being a long term contender. Players will come and go. It's the GMs job to stock the roster with quality players of great "VALUE".

He is great at finding value. In this day and age where it's all about finding the best talent for cheap, he is one of the best. One example is when Plax shot himself, everyone was clamoring for us to sign someone via free agency. What did he do? He waited, and instead of over paying Braylon Edwards, he calmly drafted Nicks and Manningham.

He knew that there was a possibility that Osi would be a Giant, so he drafted JPP. He found great value drafting.

He DID construct the team. He absolutely did. That's his job. Our team is probably collectively one of the most talented in the NFL. And we didn't mortgage the future to do it. We'll be competitive for many years to come. And that is HIS doing.

Kruunch
03-16-2012, 12:17 PM

Classic Burier post.

Oh Krunch.

Ummm...Do you know what an Oedipus complex is?

If so please explain how its relevant here.

How do you keep an idiot in suspense?

gumby742
03-16-2012, 12:20 PM

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

9-7 though???

Please tell me you aren't just pissy that Eli is not getting ALL of the props for our SB win. God forbid other people also play a significant role in our victory.

burier
03-16-2012, 12:25 PM

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

9-7 though???

Let me get this right. So are you blaming Reese for us not showing up against the Skins twice, giving the Hawks a game, and getting absolutely robbed against the Pack during the season?

You can make excuses for losing. I chose not to. We can agree to disagree on that point since I don't blame Reese for those games specifcally anyway.

But I do blame Reese for not addressing our linebacker situation for years now resulting a poor run defense and defense overall.

But I also give him credit for letting Steve Smith and Boss walk.

And he's done some really great drafting for the most part.

Just it seems like since we won the Superbowl the man isn't allowed to criticized because everyone just say..."Well we won 2 superbowls in 4 years" Like the man can do no wrong. And I disagree with that.

burier
03-16-2012, 12:28 PM

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

9-7 though???

Please tell me you aren't just pissy that Eli is not getting ALL of the props for our SB win. God forbid other people also play a significant role in our victory.

Nah Gumby. I think Eli has gotten significant props.

Its not about Eli.

Its just when news broke about the T2 deal and some people expressed displeasure with the initial details on the deal...some others got real defensive about Reese and I'm just wondering why.

gumby742
03-16-2012, 12:33 PM

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

9-7 though???

Its not about Eli.

Its just when news broke about the T2 deal and some people expressed displeasure with the initial details on the deal...some others got real defensive about Reese and I'm just wondering why.
lol ok because that's what i sounded like.

REgarding your last post. Reese hasn't done anything to address our LBer position, but one thing you need to keep in mind that in today's NFL every team is going tohave holes and question marks. It's just not possible to have a really good team all around - short of splurging one year in FA and pretty much screwing your team for the next 5 years. The salary cap pretty mandates that you must find cheap bandaids to hide your weaknesses.

NWKEffectElement
03-16-2012, 12:34 PM
This thread was created for shock value only, so hopefully it dies.

giantsfan420
03-16-2012, 12:35 PM
This thread was created for shock value only, so hopefully it dies.

plus 1, i was thinking the same thing. it was funny while it lasted

burier
03-16-2012, 12:40 PM

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

9-7 though???

Its not about Eli.

REgarding your last post. Reese hasn't done anything to address our LBer position, but one thing you need to keep in mind that in today's NFL every team is going tohave holes and question marks. It's just not possible to have a really good team all around - short of splurging one year in FA and pretty much screwing your team for the next 5 years. The salary cap pretty mandates that you must find cheap bandaids to hide your weaknesses.

Yeah I mean...I more or less agree But I feel like our Dline and Secondary have been pretty set for some years now. Seems like something could have been done about our Linebackers.

But then again I keep getting told that linebackers in a 4-3 don't count so.

jhamburg
03-16-2012, 12:42 PM

*</P>

*</P>

So other teams had Elite QBs this season too, why didn't they win a superbowl?

answer: because we had a better TEAM around Eli.

jhamburg
03-16-2012, 12:42 PM

*</P>

*</P>

So other teams had Elite QBs this season too, why didn't they win a superbowl?

answer: because we had a better TEAM around Eli.

jhamburg
03-16-2012, 12:45 PM

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

9-7 though???

Its not about Eli.

Yeah I mean...I more or less agree But I feel like our Dline and Secondary have been pretty set for some years now. Seems like something could have been done about our Linebackers.

Yeah...so if it was you, you probably would have passed on JPP and taken a LB instead, since we were "set at DLine".

That's why Reese is where he is and you are where you are.

Drez
03-16-2012, 12:47 PM
lol, another work of brilliance from our idiot savant ...classic.</P>

I think you need to drop the savant part of your comment. To be a savant means that one is actually adept at something, which clearly Burier is not.</P>

jmike
03-16-2012, 12:51 PM

I think you need to drop the savant part of your comment. To be a savant means that one is actually adept at something, which clearly Burier is not.</P>Would being adept at being an idiot count?

burier
03-16-2012, 12:52 PM

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

9-7 though???

Its not about Eli.

Yeah...so if it was you, you probably would have passed on JPP and taken a LB instead, since we were "set at DLine".

Where am I?

And no I think you should take the best player available in the first two round. (Olineman are never the BPA in those rounds)

Doesn't change the fact that the linebackers suck. I don't really see your point.

GMENAGAIN
03-16-2012, 12:53 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

BTW...isall hisfault the team went 9-7?? And dont justify your comments with "ifs"..</P>

Fair enough. Eli didn't get hurt so throw that out. 9-7 though??? I think Reese has done good and bad...more good than bad...but I mean..Eli throws the best pass I've ever seen to win the Superbowl. Lets give credit where credit is due. Please tell me you aren't just pissy that Eli is not getting ALL of the props for our SB win. God forbid other people also play a significant role in our victory. Nah Gumby. I think Eli has gotten significant props. Its not about Eli. Its just when news broke about the T2 deal and some people expressed displeasure with the initial details on the deal...some others got real defensive about Reese and I'm just wondering why. lol ok because that's what i sounded like. REgarding your last post. Reese hasn't done anything to address our LBer position, but one thing you need to keep in mind that in today's NFL every team is going tohave holes and question marks. It's just not possible to have a really good team all around - short of splurging one year in FA and pretty much screwing your team for the next 5 years. The salary cap pretty mandates that you must find cheap bandaids to hide your weaknesses. Yeah I mean...I more or less agree But I feel like our Dline and Secondary have been pretty set for some years now. Seems like something could have been done about our Linebackers. But then again I keep getting told that linebackers in a 4-3 don't count so. Yeah...so if it was you, you probably would have passed on JPP and taken a LB instead, since we were "set at DLine". That's why Reese is where he is and you are where you are. <FONT size=5>Where am I?</FONT> And no I think you should take the best player available in the first two round. (Olineman are never the BPA in those rounds) Doesn't change the fact that the linebackers suck. I don't really see your point.</P>

I'm guessing your Mom's basement . . . in your boxer shorts . . . gnawing on a block of cheese as big as a car battery????</P>

jmike
03-16-2012, 12:56 PM
mmmm....cheeeeese

DavenIII
03-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Man these boards still haven't changed, look whether you agree with this guy or not you can't just dismiss him as a troll or say he's posting for Shock value alone...well I mean you can and are but that makes you guys worse then him.

I don't necessarily agree with him but Reese has been getting too much credit for years in my opinion, but you can't argue against the fact that he has done a good job.

Buriers point should not go ignored though...the #1 reason we won this SB (and the 07 one as well) is Eli Manning...and that was EA not JR.

TheEnigma
03-16-2012, 12:58 PM
http://cache.blippitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Popcorn-02-Stephen-Colbert.gif

burier
03-16-2012, 12:59 PM

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

Fair enough. Eli didn't get hurt so throw that out. 9-7 though??? I think Reese has done good and bad...more good than bad...but I mean..Eli throws the best pass I've ever seen to win the Superbowl. Lets give credit where credit is due. Please tell me you aren't just pissy that Eli is not getting ALL of the props for our SB win. God forbid other people also play a significant role in our victory. Nah Gumby. I think Eli has gotten significant props. Its not about Eli. Its just when news broke about the T2 deal and some people expressed displeasure with the initial details on the deal...some others got real defensive about Reese and I'm just wondering why. lol ok because that's what i sounded like. REgarding your last post. Reese hasn't done anything to address our LBer position, but one thing you need to keep in mind that in today's NFL every team is going tohave holes and question marks. It's just not possible to have a really good team all around - short of splurging one year in FA and pretty much screwing your team for the next 5 years. The salary cap pretty mandates that you must find cheap bandaids to hide your weaknesses. Yeah I mean...I more or less agree But I feel like our Dline and Secondary have been pretty set for some years now. Seems like something could have been done about our Linebackers. But then again I keep getting told that linebackers in a 4-3 don't count so. Yeah...so if it was you, you probably would have passed on JPP and taken a LB instead, since we were "set at DLine". That's why Reese is where he is and you are where you are. <FONT size=5>Where am I?</FONT> And no I think you should take the best player available in the first two round. (Olineman are never the BPA in those rounds) Doesn't change the fact that the linebackers suck. I don't really see your point.</P>

I'm guessing your Mom's basement . . . in your boxer shorts . . . gnawing on a block of cheese as big as a car battery????</P>

Why would you think that?

Drez
03-16-2012, 01:00 PM

I think you need to drop the savant part of your comment. To be a savant means that one is actually adept at something, which clearly Burier is not.</P>

Would being adept at being an idiot count?</P>

Nah, because to be an idiot savant you have to be an idiot and then adept at something else. Being adept as an idiot only qualifies one as being an idiot, lol.</P>

GameTime
03-16-2012, 01:02 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Fair enough. Eli didn't get hurt so throw that out. 9-7 though??? I think Reese has done good and bad...more good than bad...but I mean..Eli throws the best pass I've ever seen to win the Superbowl. Lets give credit where credit is due.</P>

</P>

So Eli throws a great pass and MM makes a great catch....so what. Who isnt giving Eli or MM credit?? Reese is responsible for putting players on the field that can work withitin the Giant's system. He has done that and done that very well. His job is not to coach or to play. He evalutes a players talents to see if they will be a fit for the NYGs. Will he be right 100% of the time? Of course not. He doesnt have to be nor is he capable of it. BUT&gt;&gt;&gt; he is successful at it the majority of the time and thats all you can ask from a GM. </P>

9-7 due mostly to a defense that wasn't playing up to par not because of the personell but more because of the "way" they were playing. When the went "ALL IN" they were prety good. Plus you had a few key members playing hurt or taking significant time off because of injury. </P>

Reese's holds himself accountable and I am sure does not give himself as much credit as some of the fans do and probably doesnt take on as much of the blame as some fans would tend to give him.</P>

You are annoyed that too many fans are gving him too much credit. Kind of a BFD type of topic....no?? </P>

jhamburg
03-16-2012, 01:04 PM

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

9-7 though???

Its not about Eli.

Where am I?

And no I think you should take the best player available in the first two round. (Olineman are never the BPA in those rounds)

Doesn't change the fact that the linebackers suck. I don't really see your point.

So what would you have done differently to get a LB? Passed on Nicks for Maualuga? Passed on Joseph for Sean Lee?

I'm sure with hindsight you can find the one or two times we took a player when a better LB was on the board. But in reality, drafting an LB early in the draft probably would make us a weaker team today.

SweetZombieJesus
03-16-2012, 01:06 PM
JR yoo stoopid imgrate!!!1!

burier
03-16-2012, 01:06 PM

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

Fair enough. Eli didn't get hurt so throw that out. 9-7 though??? I think Reese has done good and bad...more good than bad...but I mean..Eli throws the best pass I've ever seen to win the Superbowl. Lets give credit where credit is due.</P>

*</P>

So Eli throws a great pass and MM makes a great catch....so what. Who isnt giving Eli or MM credit?? Reese is responsible for putting players on the field that can work withitin the Giant's system. He has done that and done that very well. His job is not to coach or to play. He evalutes a players talents to see if they will be a fit for the NYGs. Will he be right 100% of the time? Of* course not. He doesnt have to be nor is he capable of it. BUT>>> he is successful at it the majority of the time and thats all you can ask from a GM. </P>

9-7 due mostly to a defense that wasn't playing up to par not because of the personell but more because of the "way" they were playing. When the went* "ALL IN" they were prety good. Plus you had a few key members playing hurt or taking significant time off because of injury. </P>

Reese's holds himself accountable and I am sure does not give himself as much credit as some of the fans do and probably doesnt take on as much of the blame as some fans would tend to give him.</P>

You are annoyed that too many fans are gving him too much credit. Kind of a BFD type of topic....no?? </P>

But thats not the point. The stuff you say is basically true but look at the replies in this thread.

Everyone gets super menstral if you even attempt to question the guy.

If you say he's not right 100% of the time then why the hell is everyone so damn touchy.

Drez
03-16-2012, 01:10 PM
So Eli throws a great pass and MM makes a great catch....so what. Who isnt giving Eli or MM credit?? Reese is responsible for putting players on the field that can work withitin the Giant's system. He has done that and done that very well. His job is not to coach or to play. He evalutes a players talents to see if they will be a fit for the NYGs. Will he be right 100% of the time? Of course not. He doesnt have to be nor is he capable of it. BUT&gt;&gt;&gt; he is successful at it the majority of the time and thats all you can ask from a GM.

9-7 due mostly to a defense that wasn't playing up to par not because of the personell but more because of the "way" they were playing. When the went "ALL IN" they were prety good. Plus you had a few key members playing hurt or taking significant time off because of injury. </P>

</P>

Well, actually, I think the defense was playing poorly in part to personnel. We had a ton of players go on IR, including a couple starters, and then many other key defensive players miss significant chunks of time. But, that's something that is mostly out of Reese's hands. He did what he could to try and fill those holes, but particularly in the secondary it seemed like every time it looked like we found a replacement he'd be lost for the season, too.</P>

</P>

TheEnigma
03-16-2012, 01:11 PM
One of the biggest contributors to our 2 SB victories is Ryan Leaf and I don't see you guys giving him enough credit.

He befriended Peyton and gave him the down low of how the Chargers organization works behind closed doors compared to the Colts.

Without this vital intel, Peyton would of never reported this back to Daddy Archie. It could of removed some of the skepticism that Archie already had about the organization and it's very possible we could be talking about Big Ben highlights and his off the field stuff instead.

So thanks Ryan Leaf!

burier
03-16-2012, 01:12 PM

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

9-7 though???

Its not about Eli.

Where am I?

So what would you have done differently to get a LB? Passed on Nicks for Maualuga? Passed on Joseph for Sean Lee?

I'm sure with hindsight you can find the one or two times we took a player when a better LB was on the board. But in reality, drafting an LB early in the draft probably would make us a weaker team today.

The draft isn't the only way to aquire players.

When We made a move Keith Bulluck witch turned out to be an epic waste of time. Perhaps Bulluck was the only linebacker available but I doubt it.

Before Bulluck it was Lavar Arrington.

Are you telling me that we don't have linebackers because there are none available?

DavenIII
03-16-2012, 01:13 PM
One of the biggest contributors to our 2 SB victories is Ryan Leaf and I don't see you guys giving him enough credit.

He befriended Peyton and gave him the down low of how the Chargers organization works behind closed doors compared to the Colts.

Without this vital intel, Peyton would of never reported this back to Daddy Archie. It could of removed some of the skepticism that Archie already had about the organization and it's very possible we could be talking about Big Ben highlights and his off the field stuff instead.

So thanks Ryan Leaf!

Good point! but still EA had to pull the trigger on the deal.

GameTime
03-16-2012, 01:13 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

So Eli throws a great pass and MM makes a great catch....so what. Who isnt giving Eli or MM credit?? Reese is responsible for putting players on the field that can work withitin the Giant's system. He has done that and done that very well. His job is not to coach or to play. He evalutes a players talents to see if they will be a fit for the NYGs. Will he be right 100% of the time? Of course not. He doesnt have to be nor is he capable of it. BUT&gt;&gt;&gt; he is successful at it the majority of the time and thats all you can ask from a GM. </P>

But thats not the point. The stuff you say is basically true but look at the replies in this thread. Everyone gets super menstral if you even attempt to question the guy. If you say he's not right 100% of the time then why the hell is everyone so damn touchy.</P>

yeah I kinda went OT and many do get all annoyed. But I guess the way your thread was titled and started you seemd to be holding him soley accountable for a 9-7 reg season and a not so great defense. </P>

9-7 did suck but they won the div and the SB. </P>

15 players on IR but they won the SB</P>

SS and Boss gone but they won the SB</P>

Cruz pans out into something great AND they won the SB</P>

Ballard steps up and plays pretty good</P>

TC and KG stay as they are despite 25 pics last year by Eli, a major meltdown at the end, and no playoffs. </P>

Oh yeah....they won the SB with all of the above. Some of which Reese is directly responsible for and some of which he isnt. So as you said you "love him and he deserve props" but.....</P>

so but what?.....</P>

your only issue is that some give him too much credit. </P>

</P>

Drez
03-16-2012, 01:15 PM
But thats not the point. The stuff you say is basically true but look at the replies in this thread. Everyone gets super menstral if you even attempt to question the guy. If you say he's not right 100% of the time then why the hell is everyone so damn touchy.But, you're not questioning him, you're saying that he didn't play a significant role in our winning this SB, despite the fact that 90% of the team is comprised of players that JR brought in. </P>

Also, if you consider his role as Director of College Scouting, then you can say that he played a very large role in drafting the players that EA actually picked.</P>

Yes, there are some things that you can criticize JR on, but you aren't criticizing him on those. At least in this particular thread you're claiming that he didn't play a significant role in fielding a SB team just because our best player was drafted under the former GM's regime. To make that claim is ignorant.</P>

Mod_C
03-16-2012, 01:18 PM

Ease up on the character assassination. If you don't agree, state your case. If you think it's not worth your time, don't respond.

DavenIII
03-16-2012, 01:19 PM
But, you're not questioning him, you're saying that he didn't play a significant role in our winning this SB

I didn't see Burier say this...I saw him say that he thought JR was getting too much credit, but I don't think he said JR didn't have a significant role...I think you are putting words in his mouth, that's not right.

Drez
03-16-2012, 01:21 PM
The draft isn't the only way to aquire players. When We made a move Keith Bulluck witch turned out to be an epic waste of time. Perhaps Bulluck was the only linebacker available but I doubt it. Before Bulluck it was Lavar Arrington. Are you telling me that we don't have linebackers because there are none available?</P>

Before Bulluck it was Antonio Pierce and Kawika Mitchell. </P>

You'll never hear anyone claim that Reese has been adept at drafting or even bringing in LBs. Not even his staunchest supporters would be so bold (but a guy like JWill looks intriguing).</P>

However, in our particular brand of 43 defense, the LBs are the least important group and it's JR's belief that if we excel in the front and back ends, then the middle can be average. And he's not necessarily wrong in that assessment, either, as we've won 2 SBs with mediocre (or worse) LB corps, while playing good defense (at least in the playoffs this past year).</P>

lawl
03-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Sometimes its the moves you don't make that instead on the ones you do make.

For example, trading osi and tuck for a linebacker would be an awfully stupid thing to do

TheEnigma
03-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Let's also thank A.J. Smith for being a pompous tool that has the social skills of a 25 year old shut in. Without him taking the Eli-Chargers conversations to the public venue, Archie and co. would of never been displeased and might of hammered something out so that Eli would be wearing a Bolts jersey today.

Thanks Lord of No Rings!

lawl
03-16-2012, 01:23 PM
The draft isn't the only way to aquire players. When We made a move Keith Bulluck witch turned out to be an epic waste of time. Perhaps Bulluck was the only linebacker available but I doubt it. Before Bulluck it was Lavar Arrington. Are you telling me that we don't have linebackers because there are none available?</P>

You'll never hear anyone claim that Reese has been adept at drafting or even bringing in LBs. Not even his staunchest supporters would be so bold (but a guy like JWill looks intriguing).</P>

However, in our particular brand of 43 defense, the LBs are the least important group and it's JR's belief that if we excel in the front and back ends, then the middle can be average. And he's not necessarily wrong in that assessment, either, as we've won 2 SBs with mediocre (or worse) LB corps, while playing good defense (at least in the playoffs this past year).</P>

Uh, he signed boley too

Drez
03-16-2012, 01:24 PM
But, you're not questioning him, you're saying that he didn't play a significant role in our winning this SB

I didn't see Burier say this...I saw him say that he thought JR was getting too much credit, but I don't think he said JR didn't have a significant role...I think you are putting words in his mouth, that's not right.
</P>

To say that the Eli move (under EA)was the most important reason is to say that JR did not have a significant role. </P>

burier
03-16-2012, 01:24 PM
But thats not the point. The stuff you say is basically true but look at the replies in this thread. Everyone gets super menstral if you even attempt to question the guy. If you say he's not right 100% of the time then why the hell is everyone so damn touchy.But, you're not questioning him, you're saying that he didn't play a significant role in our winning this SB, despite the fact that 90% of the team is comprised of players that JR brought in. </P>

Also, if you consider his role as Director of College Scouting, then you can say that he played a very large role in drafting the players that EA actually picked.</P>

Yes, there are some things that you can criticize JR on, but you aren't criticizing him on those. At least in this particular thread you're claiming that he didn't play a significant role in fielding a SB team just because our best player was drafted under the former GM's regime. To make that claim is ignorant.</P>

See thats the thing. I never said anything close to that.

"I think he's a good GM and he gets props for the rings and all but some of you guys make it sound like he's a player or something. "

--Pulled from my OP.

If you look at the boards though you see a bunch of threads that seem to want to give Reese ALL of the credit. And that's my point.

People are still high from the Superbowl win and that's cool..I am too but I'm still gonna call it like I see it.

Drez
03-16-2012, 01:25 PM

Uh, he signed boley too</P>

Indeed, he did. For some reason, I was only thinking those that were no longer with us.</P>

Drez
03-16-2012, 01:26 PM

See thats the thing. I never said anything close to that. "I think he's a good GM and he gets props for the rings and all but some of you guys make it sound like he's a player or something. " --Pulled from my OP. If you look at the boards though you see a bunch of threads that seem to want to give Reese ALL of the credit. And that's my point. People are still high from the Superbowl win and that's cool..I am too but I'm still gonna call it like I see it.</P>

But, that's like telling a girl she's got a hot body but her face is all mangled.</P>

burier
03-16-2012, 01:26 PM

</P>

To say that the Eli move (under EA)*was the most important reason is to say that JR did not have a significant role. </P>

Huh...There's no disputing that the most important player on a team is the Quarterback. And especially in our case.

That statement of fact has nothing to do with downplaying JRs role but for the fact that he wasn't the guy who traded for him.

If you love the guy fine but a fact is a fact.

jhamburg
03-16-2012, 01:27 PM

See thats the thing. I never said anything close to that.

"I think he's a good GM and he gets props for the rings and all but some of you guys make it sound like he's a player or something. "

--Pulled from my OP.

If you look at the boards though you see a bunch of threads that seem to want to give Reese ALL of the credit. And that's my point.

People are still high from the Superbowl win and that's cool..I am too but I'm still gonna call it like I see it.

Show me a post where anyone wants to give Reese "ALL of the credit".

G-Man67
03-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Why is he getting so much credit for the Superbowl wins? Especially this last one considering the primary reason we won the damn thing was EA's move for Eli? We did field a pretty deficient team this year. Poor running game and poor defense. I think he's a good GM and he gets props for the rings and all but some of you guys make it sound like he's a player or something.</P>

so let me get this straight ... GMs should be fired when the team loses and given no credit when the team wins ... his fingerprints are all over this team ... yes give Ernie credit too, big credit ... but come on ... you can't have it both ways ... if you crucify them when they lose, then you have to praise them when they win</P>

lawl
03-16-2012, 01:29 PM

</P>

To say that the Eli move (under EA)*was the most important reason is to say that JR did not have a significant role. </P>

Huh...There's no disputing that the most important player on a team is the Quarterback. And especially in our case.

That statement of fact has nothing to do with downplaying JRs role but for the fact that he wasn't the guy who traded for him.

If you love the guy fine but a fact is a fact. Reese scouted him.

jmike
03-16-2012, 01:29 PM

</P>

If you love the guy fine but a fact is a fact.So in order to get credit as a GM that has two SB rings with this team, he needs to cut Eli and get his own guy?

JR...get on it!

Drez
03-16-2012, 01:31 PM

</P>

To say that the Eli move (under EA)was the most important reason is to say that JR did not have a significant role. </P>

Huh...There's no disputing that the most important player on a team is the Quarterback. And especially in our case. That statement of fact has nothing to do with downplaying JRs role but for the fact that he wasn't the guy who traded for him. If you love the guy fine but a fact is a fact.So in order to get credit as a GM that has two SB rings with this team, he needs to cut Eli and get his own guy? JR...get on it!</P>

His "logic" is stupefying.</P>

burier
03-16-2012, 01:32 PM

</P>

If you love the guy fine but a fact is a fact.So in order to get credit as a GM that has two SB rings with this team, he needs to cut Eli and get his own guy?

JR...get on it!

Is everything ok over there? You hanging in?

I already said he gets credit for the SBs....I've said it multiple times.

Lets discuss how much credit.

Die-Hard
03-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Gonna have to take this one out onto the playground, kids. 5 pages of bickering over nothing in less than 2 hours is not what we're striving for.