PDA

View Full Version : Manningham Money

1986Bavaro
03-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Mario is not a number 1 receiver. Does anyone know the difference between number 2 and number 3 money in the NFL? He is probably gone but I wonder what the difference in salary would be.

Flip Empty
03-16-2012, 11:30 AM
There's no clear-cut definition, it depends entirely on how the receiver is used.
Generally between 1-4 million though.

Firenugget
03-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Really all depends on what team we're talking about also. A team desperate enough will over pay for sure.

myles2424
03-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Give or take I'd expect him to get Meacham $$....that Garçon contract might have messed him & his agents head up though....

RoanokeFan
03-16-2012, 01:20 PM
I don't now, but it was reported earlier today that he's probably looking for $7-8M per year in a long term deal.

GMenNY21
03-16-2012, 01:23 PM
I don't now, but it was reported earlier today that he's probably looking for $7-8M per year in a long term deal.
for Rio? That's almost laughable

RoanokeFan
03-16-2012, 01:36 PM

Not if he can get it. But that could explain why he;s still on the clothesline.

jhamburg
03-16-2012, 01:56 PM

Meachem got almost that much and he's no where near as good as MM in my opinion.

ShockeyShow
03-16-2012, 02:03 PM

Meachem got almost that much and he's no where near as good as MM in my opinion.

Gonna have to disagree with you on that one. Meachem is pretty damn good.

jhamburg
03-16-2012, 02:15 PM

Gonna have to disagree with you on that one. Meachem is pretty damn good.

I dunno, Meachem had the easiest possible situation for a WR, playing with Brees in the dome and he never really shined.

MM still looked pretty good even when he was forced to be our no. 1.

BeatYale
03-16-2012, 02:34 PM
It really depends on whether teams feel they can correct his flaws. Obviously last season he slipped to #3 because of the emergence of Cruz.

However, he had around 800-950 yards in each of the previous 2 seasons as our #2. In both of those years he could have easily broken 1,000, but he had too many mental lapses on the field. Some of them resulted in interceptions by Eli.

JesseJames
03-16-2012, 04:52 PM
right up until the super bowl most posters on here had negative things to say about Mario such as he runs the wrong routes, loses track of where the sideline is and that he drops easy passes and all of the sudden he makes one very great catch and now he's suddenly a star...how quickly we forget..