PDA

View Full Version : Can the Giants afford to sign Kiwi and Osi

bcbud
03-16-2012, 12:10 PM
I don't think its in the budget. If I had to pick one it would be Kiwi due to his age and versatility and ability to stop the run. However I can also see them letting him go elsewhere too due to budget comstraints

As for Osi why would a team squander a 2nd round pick for him if they can wait a year and attempt to sign him in free agency? Its possible like in the Jason Taylor move by the Skins a few years back but otherwise the Giants just might let Osi play for his next payday somewhere else

Dydigital
03-16-2012, 12:13 PM
They are both still under contract

Flip Empty
03-16-2012, 12:15 PM
What they do in the draft will give you an idea of the direction the team is headed. Going DE early will likely mean Osi is about to play his final season as a Giant.

G-Man67
03-16-2012, 12:21 PM
</P>

exactly, dont people realize how much this league changes from year to year ... let's not get ahead of ourselves</P>

RoanokeFan
03-16-2012, 12:36 PM

This^

bcbud
03-16-2012, 01:51 PM
We all know they are under contract for one more year. So the issue is what then? Reese says he looks out 2 years. Sorry that I didn't phrase the question as RESIGN so as not to waste peoples time. Apologies

G-Man67
03-16-2012, 02:01 PM
We all know they are under contract for one more year. So the issue is what then? Reese says he looks out 2 years. Sorry that I didn't phrase the question as RESIGN so as not to waste peoples time. Apologies</P>

ok, this is a little early to talk about, but it is the offseason ... assuming the state of our DEs and LBs is pretty much as it is today or even better/deeper (i.e. no injuries or key departures)</P>

then i would let Osi play out his contract, since he is likely to be a beast in his contract year and then if he has a huge season, unfortunately, we will lose him in FAs ... but if he gets hurt or slows down ... well we would not have made any big committment and we do already have Tuck, JPP and Kiwi ... all proven pass rushers</P>

now Kiwi, i would try to sign him to LB money vs. stud pass rusher DE moneyand to try toget that deal done before he hits the market ... players can be motivated to get deals done, because of injury risk</P>

bcbud
03-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Kiwi will not play into that scenario. He is not a fool. His talent is somewhat wasted at LB but he is taking one for the team. If you want him treat him by negotiating fairly

G-Man67
03-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Kiwi will not play into that scenario. He is not a fool. His talent is somewhat wasted at LB but he is taking one for the team. If you want him treat him by negotiating fairly</P>

it's not unfair to say, you are a LB with X tackles and X sacks and X passes defended and X pressures and X hurries and X fumbles caused and X interceptions</P>

and LBs with similars stats earn this</P>

as a starting point ... sure his agent will say ... Kiwi was open to moving to LB andbased on plays where Kiwi lined up as DE, his projected sack, etc. totals would be among the top 15 DEs, etc.</P>

hopefully we can work something out that gets us into 2014, when the equation changes and 2014 wil benefit teams and players, so Kiwi might benefit from hitting the FA market in that year</P>

cornerback30
03-16-2012, 03:33 PM
That's what I've been saying,it's going to be hard to sign all of our key guys,like Osi and Kiwi.Reese will have to make some more tough decisions this year and next.

JJC7301
03-16-2012, 09:33 PM
I doubt they can afford both, but I'd much rather have Osi thank Kiwi. Nothing against Kiwi.