PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning in SF possible

netplus
03-16-2012, 02:27 PM
"ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the 49ers are in the running for free agent Peyton Manning."</P>

With the quality of the SF defense, they will be tough to beat if Manning ends up there. I hope he ends up in Denver or Tennessee.</P>

Harooni
03-16-2012, 02:28 PM
and this is giant news?

timmytimm3
03-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Immediate SB contenders with that defense.

Scary

crooza172
03-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Scary yes. Impossible to beat? No. This team has done what was considered the impossible before. I like our chances with Eli and co...

We have the manning that DOESN'T choke in big games....

Warchild
03-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Peyton to Moss?! or to Vernon Davis...or hand off to Gore...one of the best O lines in the game...

Yea that would be scary...go to the AFC Peyton..

TrueBlue@NYC
03-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Peyton Manning &amp; Randy Moss? That'd be interesting to see those two chatting on the sidelines.

Down-lifer
03-16-2012, 02:50 PM
Scary yes. Impossible to beat? No. This team has done what was considered the impossible before. I like our chances with Eli and co...

We have the manning that DOESN'T choke in big games....+1

Pierre-Paul
03-16-2012, 02:59 PM
If the Giants want to make another Super Bowl run, this is absolutely Giant news. It'll be tough to pick anyone else as a favorite in the NFC. I am hoping this is only a move to get Alex Smith to sign quickly. But whatever the odds, the Giants can rise to the challenge!

GameTime
03-16-2012, 03:08 PM
"ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the 49ers are in the running for free agent Peyton Manning."</P>

With the quality of the SF defense, they will be tough to beat if Manning ends up there. I hope he ends up in Denver or Tennessee.</P>

</P>

why so worried?? I dont get why Giants fans get so worried about other potentially good teams.</P>

Competion makes the NFL better. Not you necessarly but some fans want cupcake reg season sched and then want to the Giants to play lights out in the playoffs. Doesnt work that way. </P>

</P>

GmenFan1980
03-16-2012, 03:13 PM

With the quality of the SF defense, they will be tough to beat if Manning ends up there.* I hope he ends up in Denver or Tennessee.</P>

</P>

why so worried?? I dont get why Giants fans get so worried about other potentially good teams.</P>

Competion makes the NFL better. Not you necessarly but some fans want cupcake reg season sched and then want to the Giants to play lights out in the playoffs. Doesnt work that way. </P>

*</P>

19-0 or bust http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-4.gif lol

G-Man67
03-16-2012, 03:16 PM
why so worried?? I dont get why Giants fans get so worried about other potentially good teams.

</P>

</P>

true, but there is nothing wrong with going ... HOPE THAT DON'T HAPPEN ... i didnt want him to go to the Jets, b/c our Super Bowl win would have immediately become yesterday's news</P>

but along the same lines, you should have seen me rooting for SF vs. NO in the playoffs ... you woulda thought the Giants were on ... let's face it winning a Super Bowl isn't easy ... you need some things to fall in place and go your way</P>

and while it is only April ... let's have Peyton find a nice home in Denver or his old stomping grounds in Tennesee</P>

giantsfan420
03-16-2012, 03:24 PM
i thought it was being reported pEyton has said its only between Devern and Tennessee. He didnt even visit with the 9ers beore. how would they still be an option?

i admit though the 9ers would be scary good. still tho, even with peyton, i feel our teams still the better, more dangerous team.

plus i doubt he signs in the NFC so they wouldnt have to meet before the SB...interesting but i think mort could be just stirring the pot on this one,

G-Man67
03-16-2012, 03:30 PM
i thought it was being reported pEyton has said its only between Devern and Tennessee. He didnt even visit with the 9ers beore. how would they still be an option? i admit though the 9ers would be scary good. still tho, even with peyton, i feel our teams still the better, more dangerous team. plus i doubt he signs in the NFC so they wouldnt have to meet before the SB...interesting but i think mort could be just stirring the pot on this one,</P>

Polian said he would choose the AFC</P>

GameTime
03-16-2012, 03:35 PM
why so worried?? I dont get why Giants fans get so worried about other potentially good teams.

</P>

</P>

true, but there is nothing wrong with going ... HOPE THAT DON'T HAPPEN ... i didnt want him to go to the Jets, b/c our Super Bowl win would have immediately become yesterday's news</P>

but along the same lines, you should have seen me rooting for SF vs. NO in the playoffs ... you woulda thought the Giants were on ... let's face it winning a Super Bowl isn't easy ... you need some things to fall in place and go your way</P>

and while it is only April ... let's have Peyton find a nice home in Denver or his old stomping grounds in Tennesee</P>

</P>

I hear ya...and you are right htings do have to fall in place. They do for every SB winner. </P>

But I have full confidence the Giants can beat any team and also lose toany team. So it doesn't really matter to me. The last thing I want to hear is that the NFC east is a weak division. Which is what some fans would prefer. Thats just me though. </P>

TheEnigma
03-16-2012, 03:37 PM
If that happened (which I doubt), that's a team you would have to show major respect to. If Peyton returns to form and the SF defense plays the same, they would probably lock up the #1 seed.

That's not an insult to the Giants but rather to the rest of the NFC West that would crumble to the 49ers.

Bohemian
03-16-2012, 03:40 PM
If Peyton signs with the 9ers, my brother will be as happy as a pig in s**t! I hope it happens for my brother' sake, but I would be very happy to see him sign with an AFC team for obvious reasons.

netplus
03-16-2012, 03:51 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

I hear ya...and you are right htings do have to fall in place. They do for every SB winner. </P>

But I have full confidence the Giants can beat any team and also lose toany team. So it doesn't really matter to me. The last thing I want to hear is that the NFC east is a weak division. Which is what some fans would prefer. Thats just me though. </P>

I too was rooting for SF to beat NO. Beating Brees in the Superdomewould have been much harder than Alex Smith in SF. Same way I'm hoping Peyton stays in the AFC.</P>

giantsfan420
03-16-2012, 03:52 PM
If that happened (which I doubt), that's a team you would have to show major respect to. If Peyton returns to form and the SF defense plays the same, they would probably lock up the #1 seed.

That's not an insult to the Giants but rather to the rest of the NFC West that would crumble to the 49ers.

that could be a strong reason peyton chooses the 9ers, such a soft division. no real threat to him and no serious pass rush...if i were him id go to the 9ers. their d would allow peyton to throw it away any and every time theirs pressure, so he doesnt get touched and possibly hurt...and their d will just play well and at most go down by a score...

9ers, titans, broncos...thats the order i'd want to play for

jhamburg
03-16-2012, 04:14 PM

With the quality of the SF defense, they will be tough to beat if Manning ends up there.* I hope he ends up in Denver or Tennessee.</P>

</P>

Because good teams are more likely to beat us than bad teams?

TheEnigma
03-16-2012, 04:29 PM
I think worrying or not wanting the 49ers to acquire Manning is fine. Last year, was their really another team that played us down to the wire as hard not only once but twice like they did? It's not unrealistic to assume they could of won the Championship game if they had Peyton.

Just like us, they are only a few pieces from being a complete team and could be a serious roadblock to returning to the Superbowl.

Peyton to Vernon Davis?

Peyton to Crabtree?

Peyton to Randy Moss back in his true form?

It's also possible that perhaps the 49ers defense has an off year or maybe that Randy Moss doesn't pan out but if everything clicks...that's bad for the NFC.

TheBookOfEli
03-16-2012, 04:33 PM
If Peyton signs with SF, another tough battle for us. Matter a fact, the whole NFC is becoming a huge beast compared to the AFC.

I seriously think the NFC is going on a huge Superbowl run similar to 84'-96 when the NFC won 13 straight Superbowls.

Think about it. Of course it's us, the defending champs, along with other elite teams like Green Bay and New Orleans. You got the up and coming teams like SF, Detroit and Chicago. Other teams that can compete are of course our division rivals, Carolina, and Atlanta.

I only really see 2 teams that won't compete next year in the NFC and that is Minnesota and Tampa Bay. Every other team has a legit shot to make the playoffs.

AFC is just the Texans, Patriots, Ravens, and Steelers.

Brace yourselves fellas who think we can repeat, it's going to be super tough.