PDA

View Full Version : When asked about leaving Eli Manning, "There are other great quarterbacks out there" -Rio

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2012, 04:29 PM
<h3 class="author_name"><a href="http://www.sulia.com/source/S-6705721" data-ga-action="Author Name Click" data-ga-label="S-6705721">Tom Rock
</a></h3><ul class="vertical_list avatar_contents no_spacing"> http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/1813666920/oscar_normal.jpg[/list]<ul class="vertical_list tiny_spacing"> When
asked about leaving Eli Manning, Manningham has said repeatedly that
there are other great quarterbacks out there. Peyton would seem to
qualify.

[/list]

<h3 class="author_name"><a href="http://www.sulia.com/source/S-866671" data-ga-action="Author Name Click" data-ga-label="S-866671">Paul Schwartz
</a></h3><ul class="vertical_list avatar_contents no_spacing"> http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1142536917/nyps_normal.jpg[/list]<ul class="vertical_list tiny_spacing"> Wonder
if the fact that is he signs with the 49ers, Peyton Manning has to know
that the road to the Super Bowl could cross paths with his brother Eli
and the Giants. In a perfect world Peyton would probably like to avoid
that but if he wants the best road to winning it's the 49ers ahead of
the Broncos and Titans. #nyg[/list]<div class="post_reactions"><div class="slow_command_block">

<div class="command">

</div>
</div></div>

yoeddy
03-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Not really anything else he could say...

NYG4lifeNYK
03-16-2012, 04:52 PM

He's going to find that statement to be very untrue if he goes for the money. He will miss Eli.

GMenNY21
03-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Somebody just sign him already .. tired of the constant Rio news... HE'S GONE

JesseJames
03-16-2012, 05:46 PM
right now Mannigham needs to be very careful with his words when he talks about the Giants because if he can't find the money he wants out there he will probably want to come back here..

Harooni
03-16-2012, 06:02 PM
whoa hoooo took a shot at eli .

03-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Doesn't sound like a shot ... he said Eli is GREAT

JJC7301
03-16-2012, 10:30 PM
Somebody just sign him already .. tired of the constant Rio news... HE'S GONE
+1. Someone will offer more than we can. Just a matter of time.

gmen0820
03-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Yeah like Sam Bradford.

Yeah, okay.

lamas
03-16-2012, 11:17 PM

He's going to find that statement to be very untrue if he goes for the money. He will miss Eli.

People, this quote was from the same interview as the "Cleveland is cold" quote. Mario was asked what is important to him in finding a team to go to. He stated QB. Then he was asked if it would be hard to move on from the Giants and he said it would be but added that there are other great quarterbacks out there. The tweet is out of context. He's not ripping on Eli.

Jobarulz
03-17-2012, 12:52 AM
Yeah he better hope the Pats try to get him, because the Packers and Saints are stacked at WR, they won't be after him. And those are the only 3 teams which offer more than the Giants at the QB position.

ebick
03-17-2012, 01:03 AM
What's the issue? is it a false statement? no.....he's saying Eli is a great qb, and he's not the only one.....move on, nothing to see here.....

Flip Empty
03-17-2012, 01:17 AM
Yeah he better hope the Pats try to get him, because the Packers and Saints are stacked at WR, they won't be after him. And those are the only 3 teams which offer more than the Giants at the QB position.
The Lions and Chargers are also WR-friendly.
The Saints just lost Robert Meachem so will be looking for a replacement. Manningham would fit the bill nicely.

I don't know why fans are so bitter about this.

Toadofsteel
03-17-2012, 03:25 AM
No sense in burning bridges, regardless of which side of said bridge he's on...

Firenugget
03-17-2012, 03:47 AM
who cares? If you're leaving, just leave already. Oh, wait that's right...Nobody is paying him 1-2 money. For a WR playing with both Nicks/Cruz he didn't do a whole lot. A nice catch vs SF and another in the SB. That's about it. Not to sound like I hate him or anything because I don't, but he is what he is. A 3rd WR.

Flip Empty
03-17-2012, 04:21 AM
who cares? If you're leaving, just leave already. Oh, wait that's right...Nobody is paying him 1-2 money. For a WR playing with both Nicks/Cruz he didn't do a whole lot. A nice catch vs SF and another in the SB. That's about it. Not to sound like I hate him or anything because I don't, but he is what he is. A 3rd WR.

Have you even watched him play?

TheEnigma
03-17-2012, 04:31 AM
I don't agree with other posters who think Mario is a #3 quality wide receiver. Even though he was one of the more inconsistent players, he had his games when Nicks wasn't available and posted good stats and stepped up to the plate. I mean the guy almost had 1000 yards in the 2010 season.

He's a great player who I'd love to have on the Giants but it would be nonsense for our #3 to be getting paid more than Nicks and Cruz. Just not the ideal situation for us.

GCGiant
03-17-2012, 09:26 AM
whoa hoooo* took a shot at eli .

Sounds like a compliment to me. How do you consider that "taking a shot"?

amdownwitjpp
03-17-2012, 09:36 AM
what is he supposed to say?I am suprised he said something so intelligent never have been a fan of Manningham IMO he was responsible for atleast 10% of Eli ints

amdownwitjpp
03-17-2012, 09:52 AM
i disagree about Manninham but no ? no player at WR should b paid more than Cruz only because he was undrafted we have less invested there Nicks was a first rounder who I am sure got a signing bonus yearly they should b paid equally IMO

NYG4lifeNYK
03-17-2012, 04:22 PM

People, this quote was from the same interview as the "Cleveland is cold" quote. Mario was asked what is important to him in finding a team to go to. He stated QB. Then he was asked if it would be hard to move on from the Giants and he said it would be but added that there are other great quarterbacks out there. The tweet is out of context. He's not ripping on Eli.

I never got the impression he was ripping Eli at all. Not sure why everyone is taking it in that sense.

All I'm saying is life after Eli for Rio is going to be very blue....no pun intended

Eli makes everyone around him better Rio will learn that the hard way if he departs

Harooni
03-17-2012, 10:19 PM
whoa hoooo took a shot at eli .

Sounds like a compliment to me. How do you consider that "taking a shot"?

well i dont think there is a lot of great qb's out there.

Harooni
03-18-2012, 11:46 AM
now i see what he meant. mario was thinking peyton.

Medisleman
03-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Good luck with Alex Smith Mario. Thanks for your play for us, but it ain't gonna be roses with San Fran. (Not to mention if I am Alex Smith I ain't too happy now that I went to the NFC championship and I am being thrown to the side for an old QB with questionable longevity)

I don't believe Peyton will choose the NFC, Harbaugh, and a west coast team. Too many things going against it for Peyton. He doesn't want to play his brother in the playoffs and he isn't comfortable with the NFC, he won't get along with Harbaugh, and San Fran is not convenient for him and his family.