PDA

View Full Version : new running back

mattpl908
03-16-2012, 06:36 PM
why arent the giants going after a running back? do you think theyre gonna go after one in the fa or draft, or both i really would like to see tolbert in big blue

jomo
03-16-2012, 06:39 PM
why arent the giants going after a running back? do you think theyre gonna go after one in the fa or draft, or both i really would like to see tolbert in big blue......and you know that we aren't going after one because?

NYGRealityCheck
03-16-2012, 06:42 PM
There's a guy named Da'Rel Scott. I expect him to be more involved this season. He has the potential to be the "Victor Cruz" for next season. Giants may still go after another RB. Patience.... The first week of free agency is barely over and the draft is late next month.

mattpl908
03-16-2012, 06:42 PM
i know we are but we didnt really meet with any so far...just thought wed hear something by now

Redeyejedi
03-16-2012, 06:46 PM
This is a solid RB draft I think they will take one when value presents itself. I still think Jacobs will return as well

JMFP2
03-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Frankly, I don't like veteran running backs, unless they are young vets.</P>

I'd much prefer we draftsome kid out of the SEC that is used to playing against top competition.</P>

The position is so brutal, I'd prefer youth.</P>

</P>

Anyone expecting Bradshaw to be both healthy and productive this entire season is smoking crack, though. The Giants need help here.</P>

Bones911
03-16-2012, 06:50 PM
I really like Tolbert too I think its a great compliment to Bradshaw however I really think the Giants will DRAFT a RB. Most likely in the first 2 rounds.

I really like LaMichael James, LaMar Miller, and Dave Wilson.

hungrrrry
03-16-2012, 06:51 PM
why arent the giants going after a running back? do you think theyre gonna go after one in the fa or draft, or both i really would like to see tolbert in big blueIt could be they are honing the roster so we target and RB in the draft...Reese's BPA will prevail but I believe there are some possibilities...but also, some good chances that we trade down...possibly with a team with 2 second round picks this year.
I found on one mock today:
Chris Polk from Washington Huskies looks like and excellent prospect that could be had in the early 2nd round...Has a great yards after catch. Great college career showing good health, and consistency. This would be my 1st pick even at #32 overall. He has decent size and weight to bring the power rungame.

JMFP2
03-16-2012, 06:55 PM
why arent the giants going after a running back? do you think theyre gonna go after one in the fa or draft, or both i really would like to see tolbert in big blueIt could be they are honing the roster so we target and RB in the draft...Reese's BPA will prevail but I believe there are some possibilities...but also, some good chances that we trade down...possibly with a team with 2 second round picks this year. I found on one mock today: Chris Polk from Washington Huskies looks like and excellent prospect that could be had in the early 2nd round...Has a great yards after catch. Great college career showing good health, and consistency. This would be my 1st pick even at #32 overall. He has decent size and weight to bring the power rungame.</P>

</P>

I like Polk as well....was thinking the exact same thing....looks like a quality, productive back that will be available.</P>

Cruz 4 Prez
03-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Honestly, I like the guys we have. Bradshaw needs to stay healthy, Ware is good on screens and short passes, Andrea Brown and Scott just needs more reps, and we should be fine. We have more important needs, like the guys who block for the RB's. We need depth at the O-line, and healthier and more proven LB's except for Boley. I gon't know how Goff is gonna be by season's end. But back on the subject, I think you roll the dice with what you already have, or if we pick up someone maybe Brown gets cut.

JMFP2
03-16-2012, 07:14 PM
Honestly, I like the guys we have. Bradshaw needs to stay healthy, Ware is good on screens and short passes, Andrea Brown and Scott just needs more reps, and we should be fine. We have more important needs, like the guys who block for the RB's. We need depth at the O-line, and healthier and more proven LB's except for Boley. I gon't know how Goff is gonna be by season's end. But back on the subject, I think you roll the dice with what you already have, or if we pick up someone maybe Brown gets cut.</P>

I like Bradshaw alot....but his feet will not get any better.</P>

hungrrrry
03-16-2012, 07:14 PM
I had to start a thread on Polk...i think the kid needs recognition...anyways

I like Andre Brown over Ware and honestly think this kid could become a starter, he just needs to hit high gear if he is going to do it with the Giants in 2012...I don't think he can go on the practice squad again. I heard some issues about Scott that he has small hands and if his fumbling isses are a result of that, he may need extra time to work on that. He can't overcome small hands but ball position and protection techniques will be require of him to learn and make it become second nature to him....I like his speed though and that makes me optimistic...Bradshaw could be the odd man out if we pick Polk and keep Brown and if Scott can overcome fumblitis

cornerback30
03-16-2012, 07:18 PM
There's a guy named Da'Rel Scott. I expect him to be more involved this season. He has the potential to be the "Victor Cruz" for next season. Giants may still go after another RB. Patience.... The first week of free agency is barely over and the draft is late next month.I'm with you cuz I'm itching to see what this guy can do with that speed of his.I can't even remember the last time we had a RB with his type of speed,if at all.I agree I say lets give this guy his shot to produce and I'm not talking about one or two carries in a meaningless preseason game,give the kid a real chance to show his stuff.Ware has been here for I forget how long and what,I say give the kid a chance and lets see how it turns out.

miked1958
03-17-2012, 04:27 AM
why arent the giants going after a running back? do you think theyre gonna go after one in the fa or draft, or both i really would like to see tolbert in big blueAlready have Scott and andre brown

nycsportzfan
03-17-2012, 06:00 AM
There's a guy named Da'Rel Scott. I expect him to be more involved this season. He has the potential to be the "Victor Cruz" for next season. Giants may still go after another RB. Patience.... The first week of free agency is barely over and the draft is late next month. Scott certainly has the ability to stick as a DUO back, if given half a chance.. In fact, his skills would mesh nicely with Bradshaw, who is our bruiser, and Scott would be our break a big one back.. </P>

I'd still like to bring in another back, and Doug Martin has held my highest RB in this draft behind T.Richardson for quite awhile now, but even if we dont' get Martin, or don't even go RB early, and take a late rd flier on a guy, i think theres quite a few guys that could possibly be pretty good, including another Maryland back, and former Giants RB's son, Davin Meggett.. Also, Brandon Bolden of Ole Miss would be worthy of a later rd flier, and i'll add W.Kentuckys Bobby Rainey to the list as well... </P>

nycsportzfan
03-17-2012, 06:02 AM
why arent the giants going after a running back? do you think theyre gonna go after one in the fa or draft, or both i really would like to see tolbert in big blueAlready have Scott and andre brown i'm not opposed to bringing in another back to challenge Scott, via FA'cy.. There are some cheap intriguing options out there, like Kahill Bell, Jackie Battle, and Justin Forsett...

Blue daddy
03-17-2012, 08:09 AM
The last FA RB that was any good for us was Otis Anderson from the Cards. The reason we took him was because he use to kill us. I think we go with a soild rookie here. But make no mystake they don't work out either. See Bunch and that other guy out of Wisconson can't even say his name.

nhpgiantsfan
03-17-2012, 08:22 AM
For some reason I am not really worried about running back. I feel like the way our offense has evolved all we need is a guy who can compliment 44, who is a good pass blocker, doesn't fumble, and can catch the occasional pass. This is why if Jacobs doesn't find the money he wants, it would be silly not to try and resign him. And if the oline doesn improve it wont matter who is back there.

Redeyejedi
03-17-2012, 09:19 AM
There's a guy named Da'Rel Scott. I expect him to be more involved this season. He has the potential to be the "Victor Cruz" for next season. Giants may still go after another RB. Patience.... The first week of free agency is barely over and the draft is late next month.* Scott certainly has the ability to stick as a* DUO back, if given half a chance.. In fact, his skills would mesh nicely with Bradshaw, who is our bruiser, and Scott would be our break a* big one back..* </P>

I'd still like to bring in another back, and* Doug Martin has held my highest RB in this draft behind T.Richardson for quite awhile now, but even if we dont' get Martin, or don't even go RB early, and take* a late rd flier on a guy, i think theres quite a few guys that could possibly be pretty good, including another Maryland back, and former Giants RB's son, Davin Meggett..* Also, Brandon Bolden of Ole Miss would be worthy of a later rd flier, and i'll add W.Kentuckys Bobby Rainey to the list as well... </P> Plenty of depth and while I like Martin very much the idea of using a First im not crazy about. I think at some point in this draft there will be an opportunity to land a 2nd round back in the 3rd or 3rd in 4th or 5th. Id wait till then and grab a defensive player early. I think defensive player wise this is a very weak draft and Id go that way with the first pick

Redeyejedi
03-17-2012, 09:20 AM
For some reason I am not really worried about running back. I feel like the way our offense has evolved all we need is a guy who can compliment 44, who is a good pass blocker, doesn't fumble, and can catch the occasional pass. This is why if Jacobs doesn't find the money he wants, it would be silly not to try and resign him. And if the oline doesn improve it wont matter who is back there.I still believe Jacobs will be a Giant

SweetZombieJesus
03-17-2012, 09:29 AM
Hard to think of the last time the Giants brought in a free agent running back instead of drafting. OJ Anderson?

nhpgiantsfan
03-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Hard to think of the last time the Giants brought in a free agent running back instead of drafting. OJ Anderson?

Hershel Walker? lol There haven't been many.

GfieldGmen
03-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Don't matter what running back we bring in if we don't upgrade this Oline.

RoanokeFan
03-17-2012, 10:37 AM
why arent the giants going after a running back? do you think theyre gonna go after one in the fa or draft, or both i really would like to see tolbert in big blue

We have running backs, even with the departure (perhaps temporary) of Brandon Jacobs. If they see a RB too good to pass up the draft, they will take him. But, as Jomo has pointed out, who says they aren't looking? We don['t have the slightest clue as to what's really going on. We are fed a daily does of conjecture from the media and we run with those crumbs.

We aren't going to know all there is to know until the put they final 53 on the board.

radar-ray
03-17-2012, 10:52 AM
This is a solid RB draft I think they will take one when value presents itself. I still think Jacobs will return as wellI agree with this scenario 100%.

Diamondring
03-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Don't matter what running back we bring in if we don't upgrade this Oline.Or get a te or two who can block.

dayeh33
03-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Tolbert

nycsportzfan
03-17-2012, 01:25 PM
There's a guy named Da'Rel Scott. I expect him to be more involved this season. He has the potential to be the "Victor Cruz" for next season. Giants may still go after another RB. Patience.... The first week of free agency is barely over and the draft is late next month. Scott certainly has the ability to stick as a DUO back, if given half a chance.. In fact, his skills would mesh nicely with Bradshaw, who is our bruiser, and Scott would be our break a big one back.. </P>

I'd still like to bring in another back, and Doug Martin has held my highest RB in this draft behind T.Richardson for quite awhile now, but even if we dont' get Martin, or don't even go RB early, and take a late rd flier on a guy, i think theres quite a few guys that could possibly be pretty good, including another Maryland back, and former Giants RB's son, Davin Meggett.. Also, Brandon Bolden of Ole Miss would be worthy of a later rd flier, and i'll add W.Kentuckys Bobby Rainey to the list as well... </P> Plenty of depth and while I like Martin very much the idea of using a First im not crazy about. I think at some point in this draft there will be an opportunity to land a 2nd round back in the 3rd or 3rd in 4th or 5th. Id wait till then and grab a defensive player early. I think defensive player wise this is a very weak draft and Id go that way with the first pick Doug Martin is certainly worth a 1st rd in my opinion.. The guy does everything, and i could see a Ray Rice, MJD type impact from Doug Martin down the line, and Martin will probably be the next RB in the Short stature, that we'll look back at in a couple yrs and wonder how the heck he didn't go in RD 1...

Flip Empty
03-17-2012, 01:42 PM

Ware was signed as a free agent. Or did you mean signed during the off-season free agency free-for-all?

nycsportzfan
03-17-2012, 02:01 PM

Hershel Walker? lol There haven't been many.
Was Gary Brown after or before Walker?

Ladder27
03-17-2012, 05:02 PM

Becouse we have Scott and Brown. think people for get we have two RB. Unless they let Brown go and I didnt hear about it.