PDA

View Full Version : Reese on FAN

Giantsin04
12-07-2011, 02:07 PM
right now if interested...

giantsforce
12-07-2011, 02:12 PM
right now if interested...Not really. What do you expect him to say other than the usual propaganda?

Giantsin04
12-07-2011, 02:18 PM
right now if interested...Not really. What do you expect him to say other than the usual propaganda?

no clue. just sharing info for people interested.

JesseJames
12-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Reese will most likely say things like "we don't need any high priced players, we have good enough talent on the roster right now" he's been saying that for 2 years now...

juice33s
12-07-2011, 05:05 PM
The guys a good talent evaluator (draft), but he needs to delegate Free agency to someone else because quite frankly he kind of sucks at it.
Canty- 42 mil
Boley- 25
Rolle- 37 mill
Baas- 27.5

Production doesn't match the pay check (BTW did anyone realize Baas was 30 years old?)

giantfanatic
12-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Kim Jones is a hottie.

DragonSoul
12-08-2011, 12:14 AM
The guys a good talent evaluator (draft), but he needs to delegate Free agency to someone else because quite frankly he kind of sucks at it.
Canty- 42 mil
Boley-* 25
Rolle- 37 mill
Baas- 27.5

Production doesn't match the pay check (BTW did anyone realize Baas was 30 years old?)

1) Was a risk, and was not worth it at this point, but he is playing better.

2) I Do not have an issue here. He has really showed up this year.

3) Mix feelings here. Prob a bit high, but he isn't a bust.

4) Possibly worst of all. Head scratcher to a degree when he was signed.

bansaw
12-08-2011, 12:28 AM
Canty has played well for a while now...was same year Haynesworth went and we offered Haynesworth a lot, Canty is probably right about half what Haynesworth declined. So you say is Canty half as good? Yes? are others interested? yes? boom 42 million.
He's a NY kid, he'll keep impressing more and more I think/hope

Boley has hustled since snap one

Rolle trying too hard to fit in. Needs to shut up and play, make an important play at an important time FFS already...

Baas...whatever, injuries ... late start with team...offseason hurt him

is there a link to this Reese interview?

myles2424
12-08-2011, 12:34 AM
Canty- 42 mil
Boley-* 25
Rolle- 37 mill
Baas- 27.5

besides the 1st round, draft has also been questionable

elismom
12-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Canty- 42 mil
Boley-* 25
Rolle- 37 mill
Baas- 27.5

besides the 1st round, draft has also been questionable

Vic Cruz. Mario Mann, Ballard. Promising LB's able to start on this team today (they need time)

Disagree here on this

gumby742
12-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Canty- 42 mil
Boley- 25
Rolle- 37 mill
Baas- 27.5

besides the 1st round, draft has also been questionable</P>

Compare his drafting to those of other Playoff Team GMs. You'll find his drafts have been extraordinary. The fact that he found 2 potential super stars in 3 years is extraordinary. The year when we needed a WRs and everyone was clamoring to sign Braylon Edwards for in insane amount? He held firm and drafted Nicks and Manningham.</P>

Despite already having a talented roster, we've had a lot his players come in and either start or make a big impact. We aren't the Rams. Not everyone drafted is going to have a chance to start or play.</P>

I think Boley was a good signing. Canty? Not so much. But i remember most of the board being pleased we signed him. Rolle I wasn't keen on but he's no where near a bust. And it doesn't matter what you do via Free Agency. Once you do it, you're going to over pay. Period.</P>

Baas thus far is looking terrible. I'm giving him another year.</P>

juice33s
12-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Canty has played well for a while now...was same year Haynesworth went and we offered Haynesworth a lot, Canty is probably right about half what Haynesworth declined. So you say is Canty half as good? Yes? are others interested? yes? boom 42 million.
<font size="5">He's a NY kid, he'll keep impressing more and more I think/hope</font>

Boley has hustled since snap one

Rolle trying too hard to fit in. Needs to shut up and play, make an important play at an important time FFS already...

Baas...whatever, injuries ... late start with team...offseason hurt him

is there a link to this Reese interview?

Please, people have been saying that for 3 years now, give it up. He isn't worth his salary and has been outplayed by Joseph who makes a fraction of a fraction of what he makes (405k).

Also the Haynesworth deal was misleading. The Redskins never intended on paying him the full 100 mil

Note: Canty is the highest paid player on the Dline and probably the 6th best player in the Rotation....How do you think the top 5 feel about that?

JesseJames
12-08-2011, 10:20 AM
I think the mixed feelings about Reese will only end when he fixes the LBer position and gets us some LBers who can stop people and defend the pass, until then he himself is a work-progress..

RagTime Blue
12-08-2011, 10:37 AM
It seems to this fan that much of what we're paying for now is from a time just after we won the Super Bowl, and we thought we had to get certain pieces to keep the puzzle together, no matter what the cost. (reaching for a player in the draft, paying a FA way WAY more than he's worth, etc.)

It seemed right at the time, and probably WAS right at the time, but now we're paying for it. I think Reese has learned a lot, and has got better and will continue to do so.

I'd like to see him have a say in the next HC, because I don't trust the ownership on this one.

Kingb50
12-08-2011, 10:49 AM
I think the mixed feelings about Reese will only end when he fixes the LBer position and gets us some LBers who can stop people and defend the pass, until then he himself is a work-progress..</P>

Goff looked promising before the injury occured. IMO we have some pretty good young LBs that will improve with a full offseason.</P>

krygny
12-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Kim Jones is a hottie.
Uh oh, gratuitous pic alert!

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3390/3514845888_d87f5f7be8_z.jpg

jaxnygmen
12-08-2011, 08:54 PM
I disagree with the comments about Reese being a genius in the drafts. He has a hand full of good players but also a bunch of busts. He needs to do a better job from 3rd round onward. We lack depth in critical positions. We have yet to nab MLB who will be our anchor for ten years. OL needs major help. He takes way to many project players.

BlueSanta
12-08-2011, 09:47 PM
He's a NY kid, he'll keep impressing more and more I think/hope

Canty is a 2 down player who is the highest paid player on the defense. His contract is also a BIG contributing reason we were unable to resign Coefield who wanted Canty type money and was a 3 down player who has vastly outproduced Canty.

Linval Joeseph's stats are virtually identical to Canty's and has spent less time on the field than Chris. Joesph is due about $405k this year and Canty is pulling in $5.5 mil. How much money do you think Joeseph's Agent will ask the Giants to pay him when his cntract is up? I'm betting its gonna be Canty type money since he is outproducing Chris.

Chris Canty may be a good guy, he may be an ok player. But his contract is a cancer to this team.

bansaw
12-09-2011, 01:57 AM
of course it will be Canty type money....going rate...
that's why they have free agency