03-16-2012, 08:17 PM
Saw this via twitter... Jernigan time

giants2thebowl
03-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Mike Garafolo ? @MikeGarafolo Reply Retweet Favorite Open
RT @SoftliSTL: Source say WR Manningham very close to becoming a Ram. #nyg

cornerback30
03-16-2012, 08:21 PM
If its true great for him,Jernigan time to shine.He has better speed,remains to be seen how he runs his routes but I hope he does well,so that speed of his can be put to good use.Lets keep this dynamic trio of great WRs rolling right along.

TheEnigma
03-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Good luck Mario. Bradford needs all the help he can get.

giantsfan420
03-16-2012, 08:25 PM
what does this mean for ss? i saw he was working out for STL too...that'd be a good start for their wr corp, if they can get justin blackmon at 6 and pair him with MM and SS, thats a very nice much improved offense for then they had no wr threats at all last year

myles2424
03-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Jernigan being unseen,barden working his way off the team, I sure hope we draft another WR as insurance........teams are going to game plan around Nicks/Cruz if that 3rd spot isn't strong or the running game doesnt get back to dominant then our offense will fall off from this past season...

Cosmiknight
03-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Could work out well for both parties. Rams get some added firepower and Manningham lands in a spot where he should see plenty of playing time and opportunities.

hungrrrry
03-16-2012, 08:49 PM
Jernigan being unseen,barden working his way off the team, I sure hope we draft another WR as insurance........teams are going to game plan around Nicks/Cruz if that 3rd spot isn't strong or the running game doesnt get back to dominant then our offense will fall off from this past season...I agree...our #3's worry me...I have no hope for Jernigan honestly, hopefully I am wrong. Who knows for sure about Barden but this will be make or break for him. Devin Thomas (if he is signed?) should make a good run at it and I expect him to have the competetiveness to beat the other two out. I support any notion of bringing Smith back too. Drafting yet another unknown at receiver in the 4th round or beyond (assuming that is the round) just doesn't intrigue me. In the second or maybe the 3rd ok.

FDNY Fitzy
03-16-2012, 09:31 PM
Barden has a 10x better chance of becoming the #3 guy than freggen Jernigan.

Hell, Hixon has a better chance at that.

RoanokeFan
03-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Jernigan being unseen,barden working his way off the team, I sure hope we draft another WR as insurance........teams are going to game plan around Nicks/Cruz if that 3rd spot isn't strong or the running game doesnt get back to dominant then our offense will fall off from this past season...

While I agree that Jernigan needs to prove himself, all is not lost. We have Hixon and D. Thomas on the roster. Before he was injured, Hixon was our # 3 and our returner. He has good hands and runs good routes. He owns the single game all purpose yards record. Let's now get paranoid about Hixon's knee any more than we seem to be about TT's knee.

We just went through a season when most here wanted to toss the baby out with the bath water. We are a team that DEVELOPS players we draft far more than we depend on free agency. If we haven't yet learned to trust the people entrusted with making personnel decisions we just aren't paying attention.

We tend to shoot from the hip when we perceive a position that needs attention and want to fill it with some big name released from another team.

I don't see wide receiver as being more of a need than, say, the OLine. We need Eli upright and having one more receiver doesn't help that. We also need help at DT. Maybe we go for Still in the draft. Marvin Austin is coming off an injury.

As for Nicks and Cruz, of course teams are going to game plan to neutralize them. If theya re as good as we think they are, they will find a way to make plays. We just signed a tight end to pick the slack of Ballard and Beckum heading for PUP.

RoanokeFan
03-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Barden has a 10x better chance of becoming the #3 guy than freggen Jernigan.

Hell, Hixon has a better chance at that.

It would be Hixon over all of them at # 3 unless training camp proves otherwise.

DownWitJPP
03-16-2012, 09:44 PM

While I agree that Jernigan needs to prove himself, all is not lost.* We have Hixon and D. Thomas on the roster.*.

is Devin Thomas signed? I though he was a free agent? I head somewhere that Dallas was interested in him

RoanokeFan
03-16-2012, 09:46 PM

While I agree that Jernigan needs to prove himself, all is not lost. We have Hixon and D. Thomas on the roster..

is Devin Thomas signed? I though he was a free agent? I head somewhere that Dallas was interested in him

Anything can happen. Not knowing who we're talking to doesn't help us. You're right he's a free agent, but if no one else makes him an offer.....

DownWitJPP
03-16-2012, 09:49 PM
thats true, I would like to keep Thomas on the team if possible, very good special teams player and now that MM is most likely out I would rather have him in there than Barden.

RoanokeFan
03-16-2012, 09:52 PM
thats true, I would like to keep Thomas on the team if possible, very good special teams player and now that MM is most likely out I would rather have him in there than Barden.

Barden is taking up space it would seem. As they did with S. Moss, Braden may well just be here until his contract ism up.

JJC7301
03-16-2012, 09:59 PM
I'm excited to see JJ with 1 year under his belt, and believe it or not hopeful that Barden can actually take a few steps forward.

I also strongly believe that we'll be taking a WR in the 1st few rounds.

DownWitJPP
03-16-2012, 11:26 PM
I think they signed Jernigan to play the slot, not knowing that Cruz was gonna be a star. I'm not sure how he would do playing on the outside he is only 5'8 189 lbs but his speed is a big plus. I did like his highlight tape from college, he looks really fast and has good YAC

I was hoping Barden would do something the past 2 seasons. I don't think he is fast enough personally, he doesn't seem to ever get seperation

gmen0820
03-16-2012, 11:31 PM
I hope they don't sign Smith then...and we do.

http://www.ffspin.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/manning-steve-smith.jpg

miked1958
03-16-2012, 11:31 PM
So poss SS and MM could reunite in STL