PDA

View Full Version : Intriguing FA addition at WR

paul007
03-16-2012, 07:38 PM
I think we keep 7 WRs on the roster. Behind Nicks and Cruz we have Hixon, Jernigan, Barden, Clayton and Thomas. I think Clayton goes and possibly Devin Thomas. However i hope Thomas stays.

Either way, (Hixon and Jernigan) one of these two gets first shot as #3WR and the other is the KO and Punt returned.

What about inquirig about Jerrico Cotchery?
He is a very talented WR. He made acrobatic catched going across the middle when he played with the Jets. He helped moved the chains. He was a 3rd down go to option, similar to what Steve Smith was when he played with the Giants. I think he is a good experienced #3 WR.

I also see us picking a WR as insurance for the future!!!

Thoughts

greenca190
03-16-2012, 08:02 PM
i like cothercys game, and he'd come cheap too.

paul007
03-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Good Value for good price seems to be what Reese is doing. It makes sense.

Shockeyitus
03-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Early Doucet....

JJC7301
03-16-2012, 09:10 PM
I don't understand why we even have Clayton around. I'd like to keep Thomas.

Cotchery's not bad, but the Jets should bring him back. I'm not interested in him.

hungrrrry
03-16-2012, 09:53 PM
I think we keep 7 WRs on the roster. Behind Nicks and Cruz we have Hixon, Jernigan, Barden, Clayton and Thomas. I think Clayton goes and possibly Devin Thomas. However i hope Thomas stays.

Either way, (Hixon and Jernigan) one of these two gets first shot as #3WR and the other is the KO and Punt returned.

What about inquirig about Jerrico Cotchery?
He is a very talented WR. He made acrobatic catched going across the middle when he played with the Jets. He helped moved the chains. He was a 3rd down go to option, similar to what Steve Smith was when he played with the Giants. I think he is a good experienced #3 WR.

I also see us picking a WR as insurance for the future!!!

ThoughtsClayton is done...I honestly think Thomas has more heard than Barden and more raw ability than Jernigan. Hixon is likely to be relegated to PR/KR unless the injury bug bites (god forbid)...I think he will stick if he is brought back.
Cotchery, at the right price, would make a nice addition and possibly be every bit as valuable as Manningham was, if not more so.

myles2424
03-16-2012, 11:52 PM
I prefer go with our guys & draft one approach.....the mystery of a draft pick is interesting.....you know what your getting with cotch

Flip Empty
03-17-2012, 12:09 AM
Early Doucet....
I thought he'd get snapped up pretty quickly, he's like a low cost Anquan Boldin.